Author Topic: Exception code: 0xc0000005  (Read 4452 times)

Offline Naweo

Exception code: 0xc0000005
« on: Thu, 24 November 2022, 08:06:59 »
Faulting application name: RelicCardinal_ws.exe, version: 5.0.26139.0, time stamp: 0x635ca4f3
Faulting module name: RelicCardinal_ws.exe, version: 5.0.26139.0, time stamp: 0x635ca4f3
Fault offset: 0x00000000006efffc
Faulting process id: 0x0x7BDC
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D9000CDEADAE05
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Cardinal_5.0.26139.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\RelicCardinal_ws.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Cardinal_5.0.26139.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\RelicCardinal_ws.exe
Report Id: 20433795-f580-4495-81a8-cef4e1f5cc46
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.Cardinal_5.0.26139.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: Game

Windows 11
3090 TI GPU, Gigabyte
7950x Ryzen

Newest driver, 2 week PC install

I crash every 1 to 10 minutes of ingame time

Happens in other games too. If I recall correctly I had one BSOD, then eveyry time I play games I crash and get an error.

Faulting application name: Realm.exe, version: 0.25.1478.4, time stamp: 0x6352d6d3
Faulting module name: Realm.exe, version: 0.25.1478.4, time stamp: 0x6352d6d3
Fault offset: 0x000000000173be3d
Faulting process id: 0x0x3CE0
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D9000E1852541E
Faulting application path: E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Realm Royale\Binaries\Win64\Realm.exe
Faulting module path: E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Realm Royale\Binaries\Win64\Realm.exe
Report Id: c3b406fe-7e89-465d-a339-4f49d5a7988f
Faulting package full name:

No overclocks, and hardware is less than 2 weeks old.

Whats going on?
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 November 2022, 01:57:53 by Naweo »

Offline Naweo

Re: Age of Empires 4 Crash
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 25 November 2022, 01:15:33 »
Update: I checked this tool Memtest, made three instances and after 15 seconds:

https://i.gyazo.com/41eb04ee01c2426fad8f8e35eb45d9da.png

Offline Naweo

Re: Exception code: 0xc0000005
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 25 November 2022, 02:34:52 »
Update: I took out one ram stick, left in three, now it seems to be fixed. Exchange ram stick or plug it back in=?

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 25 November 2022, 06:52:41 »
Possible problems:
 - the stick
 - the slot it was in
 - failure in the memory controller, possibly only in dual channel mode

Boot with only that stick in the original socket and run memtest, if it fails try only that stick in another slot and if it passes it's the slot, if not it's the stick.

If it passes with the stick in its original slot add a second stick in the same channel (usually the same colour and 1-3 and 2-4 are pairs but check your manual) and test again, if it fails it's the memory controller.

If you have four large memory modules you might need more voltage on the memory controller, this should be automatically done if you enabled XMP (or whatever it's called these days!) in BIOS.  I wont pretend to know anything about new hardware to be more specific than that.
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Naweo

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 27 November 2022, 04:36:11 »
I plugged out one ram stick and put it back in, and now I have not experienced crashes.

However, I get this error:

The device ASUSTEK MB169B+ (location 0012.0000.0000.001.002.000.000.000.000) is offline due to a user-mode driver crash.  Windows will attempt to restart the device 5 more times.  Please contact the device manufacturer for more information about this problem

When I restart my PC and it starts slowly. I dont even have that motherboard anymore.

Also, whenever my PC is idle, it somestimes restarts and gives the "This PC restarted unexpectedly" error.

I am not sure if I should change ram?

I did the memtest for about 5 hours total no errors. Will do more testing.

Offline yui

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 27 November 2022, 11:42:32 »
if you search ASUSTEK MB169B+ online i find a usb3 monitor, i would recommend if you do not have such a monitor to remove that driver 1st as it clearly is a problem, and if you do have that monitor to reinstall them from a fresh download, a bad driver can cause all kind of havoc, including blue screens and random crashes.
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 28 November 2022, 11:08:58 »
DDR5 has stability issues beyond 2 Dimm slots at DOCP/XMP profiles.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 28 November 2022, 11:56:13 »
^ Is it really DDR5 or Intel's controller?
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 28 November 2022, 11:59:37 »
Looking like whatever controller that is being used for DDR5 - especially since this is new AM5

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 28 November 2022, 12:05:35 »
Wow, Naweo upgraded again - was only a month ago he(?) was willing to pay for help with his 10th gen i7!

Does this build have a new PSU?  That you're still having problems after changing seemingly everything makes me wonder if the problem is deeper, though if DDR5 just sucks that could be it.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 28 November 2022, 13:59:10 »
Wow, Naweo upgraded again - was only a month ago he(?) was willing to pay for help with his 10th gen i7!

Does this build have a new PSU?  That you're still having problems after changing seemingly everything makes me wonder if the problem is deeper, though if DDR5 just sucks that could be it.

I was going to say there is a chance it could be PSU, but seeing it seemingly "fixed" when pulling a DIMM of DDR5 is telling.

Offline yui

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 29 November 2022, 11:27:44 »

I was going to say there is a chance it could be PSU, but seeing it seemingly "fixed" when pulling a DIMM of DDR5 is telling.
to be fair, it still could be the psu, it could be just out of spec enough to make more marginal components fail intermittently
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline Naweo

« Reply #12 on: Thu, 08 December 2022, 11:13:57 »

Yup hehe

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 08 December 2022, 14:07:36 »
What size & brand of PSU? never mentioned that

Offline Naweo

« Reply #14 on: Fri, 09 December 2022, 01:08:41 »
What size & brand of PSU? never mentioned that

1000w seasonic gold. Never had issues prior to upgrading CPU.

Offline Naweo

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 13 December 2022, 15:40:31 »
I Managed to run a few days without a crash/reboot.

When I was sitting at PC with phone idle for 15 minutes, the PC literally just rebooted. No bluescreen, no dumps, anythin. Just a reboot.

There is always an error log right before the reboot. This time it was new:

https://i.gyazo.com/b3efaa804edc0d9995afa6be10e6d212.png

Bitlocker?

According to my settings I have bitlocker off, as is intended by me.
« Last Edit: Tue, 13 December 2022, 16:33:15 by Naweo »

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 14 December 2022, 13:00:48 »
Bitlocker is a possibility, however, an error like that could just be collateral damage.
Something low level like Bitlocker would be one of the only things to catch it before the system went down.

Whatever is doing it has direct hardware access, only way this can crash that fast and bad. If not hardware or overclock it's going to be Windows, low level software like Bitlocker or a driver.

The real bad news though is that bad ram stick.
Bad ram and bad power supplies are two of the worst things in a PC as both can corrupt data without you knowing, then long after you fix the problem, and long after you purged old backups you find some old file you need is bad. Anything you've touched since that stick went bad is now suspect, including your current Windows install. My advice, reinstall everything, starting with making a new install stick. Stop teh problem now before it gets worse.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline Naweo

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 15 December 2022, 01:30:01 »
So what would fix it for sure is Four set of new ram plus a complete reinstall.... AGAIN....

Why do I always have to reinstall everything.

I tried doing memtest for a while and I do not get ram errors anymore, even with four sticks. Is it possible a misseating of the ram could have caused the bad memtest results earlier?

And if not, is it possible I can just go by new ram sticks and hope things work?

And in case it is bitlocker... Is there no fix to it?

It is not overclock, everything is default, and I already confirmed my temps are within normal range.

I get a bitlocker error, but I have all of them disabled so thats weird.

Is it a coincidence the crashes almost always happens ONLY when I am not using it? It can happens like 10 minutes of not using the PC, but it does not happen while I am using it per se.

If I could just spend 400 euro right now on 4 new ram sticks and yolo my PC would function, should I do it?

I have reinstalled my pc 15 times the last year or so already
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 December 2022, 06:34:24 by Naweo »

Offline Naweo

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 15 December 2022, 09:51:27 »
I tried to do the windows memtest, but it appears to be stuck:

For 25 minytes now, still 0%.

Maybe just get new ram altogether?

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 15 December 2022, 11:49:53 »
So what would fix it for sure is Four set of new ram plus a complete reinstall.... AGAIN....

If the problem is in the mobo/CPU (wherever the RAM controller is these days) or just because DDR5 is crap new sticks is not a surefire fix, though trying different ones is the next step having checked each stick is in good health as detailed above.  Also have you checked for a BIOS update mentioning anything about RAM? 

I've never heard of Linux corrupting files irreparably so I could be that guy and say your problem is Windows, but I'll resist.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 15 December 2022, 12:33:05 »
Because Windows?
Windows has no good way to verify everything is correct, not sure any OS really does.

And you don't have to, but if something is wrong on install you will NEVER be free of it until you do a fresh install. It won't fix itself unless you can do a CRC check of every file and I'm pretty sure the OS itself has no way to do that. There's an old computer saying, garbage in garbage out, but it should also be said start with garbage end with garbage.

Doing a fresh install has also loooooong been known to be a cure all for many of Windows ills. It's why whenever you send in a system to be repaired they do a wipe, they need to start with a known good configuration. We've moved away from that some but the reasoning still stands.

I tried doing memtest for a while and I do not get ram errors anymore, even with four sticks. Is it possible a misseating of the ram could have caused the bad memtest results earlier?
It's possible, it's also bad cpu mount, modern cpus are known for dropping memory channels if not seated perfectly flat.

And if not, is it possible I can just go by new ram sticks and hope things work?
There's no guarantee the new stuff will be any better.

And in case it is bitlocker... Is there no fix to it?
You still haven't determined that was at fault and if it was, it could have been a result of memory, not Bit Locker. A re-install of Bit Locker itself after the memory fix would probably fix it. IF that was the only issue.

Is it a coincidence the crashes almost always happens ONLY when I am not using it? It can happens like 10 minutes of not using the PC, but it does not happen while I am using it per se.
No, but it is a telling thing.
Certain things run while idle such as drive scans for Windows search, TRIM, defrag, cloud storage uploads, etc...

I have reinstalled my pc 15 times the last year or so already
You should be good at it then.

Welcome to bleeding edge Windows life, keep at it and you'll soon be doing backup/reinstalls in under an hour (minus game reinstalls).
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline Naweo

« Reply #21 on: Thu, 15 December 2022, 13:13:56 »
hahah ouch...

I think I will try a bios update I did not do that yet.

Maybe I am lucky.

If that does not work, I would rather just buy new rams and yolo $400.

THEN we will see.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 15 December 2022, 14:31:15 »
I do OS drive wipes once a year and fresh install (only things on this drive are the OS and easily installable apps/games)  - windows overtime and some updates cause issues over time (NVIDIA drivers add to this as well).  Also bleeding edge hardware always has issues the first year it is out.

Offline Naweo

« Reply #23 on: Fri, 16 December 2022, 02:08:39 »
yes I see, I mean I dont mind doing it once every 1 to 2 years but at this point I have to do it every damn month.

I did memtest again overnight with 30 instances (30 gb out of 64 tested, very laggy) and I had no errors.

I still highly suspect this is driver related as the crashes only happens when it is fully idle for at least 10 minutes.

This does hint that it could be fixed by a fresh install / bios update / driver update etc.

I dont mind the crashes too much they dont bother me infinitely. Is it critical for the health of the computer that I fix the problem?

Edit: I updated my bios from first version to the latest, several many updates. Lets hope this solves it.
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 December 2022, 07:08:22 by Naweo »

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #24 on: Fri, 16 December 2022, 12:51:15 »
Once you get it right (and stable) you should be able to go a year or more without reinstaling, so long as you don't go messing around too much.

The more you play, the more you get to reinstall, that's just how it is.
Swap some hardware, fresh install. Experiment with a bunch of software, fresh install. Decided to install some weird mod allowing customization, you guessed it, fresh install.  I think the longest my desktop ever went on Windows was a year and that was only because I had no time, usually it was every 6-9 months at best. My laptop was similar so every 3 months or so I was redoing something. I was also using VM's to reduce how often I was doing it. I'm hell on Windows installs.

When I switched to Mac and Linux I actually got bored because I no longer had to do this all the time.

Constant crashing can be tough on parts but nothing they shouldn't handle so long as things keep running, if the system shuts down it's a different story. The bios could be key, memory training seems to be a constant problem with some of the latest systems from both Intel and AMD.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline Naweo

« Reply #25 on: Fri, 16 December 2022, 14:18:03 »
Once you get it right (and stable) you should be able to go a year or more without reinstaling, so long as you don't go messing around too much.

The more you play, the more you get to reinstall, that's just how it is.
Swap some hardware, fresh install. Experiment with a bunch of software, fresh install. Decided to install some weird mod allowing customization, you guessed it, fresh install.  I think the longest my desktop ever went on Windows was a year and that was only because I had no time, usually it was every 6-9 months at best. My laptop was similar so every 3 months or so I was redoing something. I was also using VM's to reduce how often I was doing it. I'm hell on Windows installs.

When I switched to Mac and Linux I actually got bored because I no longer had to do this all the time.

Constant crashing can be tough on parts but nothing they shouldn't handle so long as things keep running, if the system shuts down it's a different story. The bios could be key, memory training seems to be a constant problem with some of the latest systems from both Intel and AMD.

Is it a crash or ashutdown in my case?

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #26 on: Fri, 16 December 2022, 19:14:08 »
Shutdown as in powers off completely.
That can drain the capacitors or destroy the SSD.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline Naweo

« Reply #27 on: Sun, 18 December 2022, 07:18:25 »
3 days uptime without crash and lots of diling. So far so good.

Maybe bios update was the trick

Offline Naweo

« Reply #28 on: Wed, 21 December 2022, 11:19:20 »
A week no crashes. If you do not hear from me again in this thread, consider the issue solved!  :thumb: