geekhack Community > Other Geeky Stuff

I hate Adium

(1/2) > >>

xsphat:
I hit Apple+w with the contact list (the one that shows the status of your contacts) highlighted and it is impossible to get it back. Everything I try (options in the preferences, menu, menu bar, and dock) does nothing. It's not hidden in Spaces, and the help menu won't open the help viewer. I've tried restarting the program and the computer and that doesn't work.

Does anyone know what I did? Is it gone for good? WTF

xsphat:
'm so mad at this I have to go buy a new iPod.

zillidot:

--- Quote from: xsphat;3084 ---I hit Apple+w with the contact list (the one that shows the status of your contacts) highlighted and it is impossible to get it back. Everything I try (options in the preferences, menu, menu bar, and dock) does nothing. It's not hidden in Spaces, and the help menu won't open the help viewer. I've tried restarting the program and the computer and that doesn't work.

Does anyone know what I did? Is it gone for good? WTF
--- End quote ---

After reading this I couldn't resist trying it for myself. :) I hit Apple+w and the contact list disappeared. After unsuccessfully poking around in the menus for a while, I clicked on the dock icon and it came back. Not sure what I did there but it seemed to work!

xsphat:
I think I have a ghost of it in one of my Spaces from when I used to screen span. I have the worst luck on Earth across the boards.

I do feel better that you couldn't find a way to turn it on in the menus either. I'm going to reinstall it and NEVER do that again.

xsphat:
I had to move the application to different directory and open it to get his damned window back. This is a good example of my luck.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version