Author Topic: 2015 Christmas Giveaway !!!!!!!!!!!!!! ""WINNERS ANNOUNCED""  (Read 20799 times)

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
Re: 2015 Christmas Giveaway !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 22:13:05 »
I moved away from home when I was 16 and our family is pretty spread out.  Every 4 or 5 years we try to get together for some sort of gathering.  This Christmas is one of those times.  I will be spending the 2 weeks around Christmas at a ski hill with 3 of my sisters and my dad.  Looking forward to seeing them all and for them to meet my little guy.  Most of them have not even met him yet, so that will be exciting for everyone.

Going to try to keep with my pops on the ski hill.  That is wishful thinking, he may be almost 70, but he will wreck any 21 year old on the ski hill.  He is redonkulous and I will be doing my best to keep up.  Haha...

I plan to spend long days in my pajamas with eggnog and a fireplace...  :)

Offline clochette

« Reply #51 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 23:25:40 »
will be having a small and cosy gathering with my close friends of 15years on the eve of christmas

on christmas day itself, i'll be going with my gf to a christmas market!

Offline shhbbyisok

« Reply #52 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 05:28:27 »
I moved away from home when I was 16 and our family is pretty spread out.  Every 4 or 5 years we try to get together for some sort of gathering.  This Christmas is one of those times.  I will be spending the 2 weeks around Christmas at a ski hill with 3 of my sisters and my dad.  Looking forward to seeing them all and for them to meet my little guy.  Most of them have not even met him yet, so that will be exciting for everyone.

Going to try to keep with my pops on the ski hill.  That is wishful thinking, he may be almost 70, but he will wreck any 21 year old on the ski hill.  He is redonkulous and I will be doing my best to keep up.  Haha...

I plan to spend long days in my pajamas with eggnog and a fireplace...  :)

Ski trip with the family for Christmas? Sounds fun as hell! Good luck keeping up haha!

I picked up a awesome little BB/pellet rifle, so for Christmas im going to set a a "shooting gallery" of sorts in the backyard of my moms house with water balloons, cans, fruit and other breakables (would love suggestions). Then My mom, sister and me will have a shooting contest while we wait for food and what not. Should be a good bonding thing, i was going for something that maybe we could start doing as a hobby, get them moved over to the real thing once i got them comfortable with proper gun safety.

https://www.instagram.com/el_soupo/
Steam - Long-pig Jerky

k70 - MX browns - RGB led - clear caps
poseidon zx - Kahil blues - Blue led - stock caps

Offline TheRPJesus

« Reply #53 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 09:03:56 »
Will be spending it with my wife and our 4 year old daughter who already loves using my mechanical keyboards. 
Pretty low...key.

Offline icedogg

« Reply #54 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 19:05:12 »
I'll be visiting my fiance's family this year. They live up state in Michigan, Usually have most of her side of the family over. Bought her one nephew whp's two or so hot wheels gufts for Christmas, so should ne a fun time  :cool: Will be getting her a new tablet or smartphone for Christmas, so will sneak in some tech time during the holiday with her :)
QFR Greens - Unicorn Vomit....'
KB v60 Blues - Miami
*Join the Clicky Bangwagon...*

(>^.^)> Wanna Trade!? <(^.^<)

Offline mrlooolz

« Reply #55 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 01:49:19 »
I am going to be spending it at home probably. On my own. It might sound lame but I quiet enjoy the company of my self. I will probably spend it reading up on my new found hobby of mechanical keyboards and key caps  ;D
Ducky Shine 5 w Mx Browns  | White fox w Zelio's purple 67g | Gateron Blank set

Current Aims: Jack O Lantern is my end game cap. Looking for one.
                                                   --> MrLooolz's Classified. <--

Offline BrainFlush

• I type using my knuckles, 30 years running.
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/BrainFlush
« Reply #56 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 07:45:44 »
I will be going to see the 2nd largest Christmas tree in the world at Anthem outlets.
With the family of course, hopefully we get snow this year, but it's AZ so I doubt it.
Thanks for this chance and happy holidays to you too!

Offline Data

« Reply #57 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 13:29:32 »
Well we just bought a house and we're literally moving the weekend before Christmas, so I guess we're spending it together in our new place... completely undecorated and filled with unopened boxes of our crap.  :D

We don't even have a tree!   :eek:

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #58 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 13:38:23 »
Christmas is a pretty quiet time for me and my family. We are a traditional bunch, so just me, my brother, and parents will spend time together :)

I will make the long 2hr drive from my city to my family. We will probably play some board games, drink a lot of good beer (that I always end up paying for :P ), hopefully eat a delicious ham.

Personally I am going to try and clock some hours on Xenoblade Chronicles X, Fallout 4 is just easier to come home to after work and build settlements so I haven't put much time into the new Xenoblade :(

Lucky me my parents just got a new 48' 1080p TV :cool:

TLDR; just really quiet, but a nice quiet time spent with the ones I care about most. :thumb:

--

Thanks for the giveaway good sir 0-0

Offline cryptokey

• * Destiny Supporter
  • [°°▄°] luser-friendly
« Reply #59 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 13:58:40 »
Good ol' Christmas dinner plus plenty of hiking and outdoorsy activities with my family.  And hopefully my first Topre board  ;)
More

[WTB] HHKB Black

Offline 3K

« Reply #60 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 14:34:02 »
How will you spend the Christmas with your love one?

I'll get me a bottle of Jack and will play videogames until falling to sleep. :3

Model M '88    | Model M SSK '87 | HHKB P2  | Zowie FK1

Offline jaffers

« Reply #61 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 14:59:05 »

I'll get me a bottle of Jack and will play videogames until falling to sleep. :3

This doesn't actually sound too bad.

I am in Australia, so christmas over hear is the equivalent of being put in a glass jar and put into the oven @ 185ēC. On top of things we are flat out, under the crack of the whip, trying to finish up all the jobs and such on the cattle station (such that we can claim tax returns etc for the last period).

I will be nice because we will have plenty of meat to eat, we are actually butchering our own beast over the next week and a bit so that will  nice to eat for christmas!  ;)

Other than that, pretty standard christmas, family flies (15 people I just counted) in from all over and we eat and drink for 2 days.

Offline crbr

« Reply #62 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 15:15:13 »
I usually head to Michigan (I live in Texas but most of my family is in Michigan) to visit with family and enjoy the snow.  This year was a little crazy and I started a new job, so I am not able to make the trip up there this year.

However, I am super excited to spend some quality time with my girlfriend while work isn't too demanding during the holidays.  We are going to jump on our FFXIV characters that we haven't had time for lately, and try out the expansion, since we haven't played since it was released.  We told some buddies and they actually were interested in getting the game and trying it out over the Christmas weekend.  Hopefully we can get them hooked  :D

We are also planning on going ice skating during the weekend since we can't make it to Michigan.  Like I said, we really enjoy the snow and the cold weather up there because we don't get much of it here in Texas.  A little ice skating trip will hold us over until next year.

We will try to meet up with some friends and family as well, so I am sure there is good food, drinks, and laughs in my future! 

Offline 3K

« Reply #63 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 15:50:54 »

I am in Australia, so christmas over hear is the equivalent of being put in a glass jar and put into the oven @ 185ēC. On top of things we are flat out, under the crack of the whip, trying to finish up all the jobs and such on the cattle station (such that we can claim tax returns etc for the last period).

I will be nice because we will have plenty of meat to eat, we are actually butchering our own beast over the next week and a bit so that will  nice to eat for christmas!  ;)

Other than that, pretty standard christmas, family flies (15 people I just counted) in from all over and we eat and drink for 2 days.

Beast sounds tasty. What is it? Kangaroo?  :p

Model M '88    | Model M SSK '87 | HHKB P2  | Zowie FK1

Offline linkshine

• * Destiny Supporter
  • If you wanna b my lover, u gotta get w/ my friends
« Reply #64 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 15:57:49 »
Inlaws, then my family,
then this is the first year my daughter is really old enough to understand whats happening at Christmas- so I actually can't wait for her to wake up on xmas morning and see what Santra brought her- we're gonna do the milk and cookies left out, fireplace got dirty- the whole thing!! So much magic- she's gonna flip out. She's constantly asking if its 'crimmus' day yet

Then takin' the wife and kids to hand out candy and personal hygiene products downtown- we were inspired by this family that makes breakfast burritos every single morning and takes them to the homeless. They do it EVERY single morning. Amazing. and they 2 kids that started doing it were teenagers. Pretty cool to see.

Offline ubibaba742

« Reply #65 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 21:23:37 »
This year is going to be a special one for my girlfriend and myself. After a wonderful five years together, we are finally getting our first Christmas tree! Its only a couple feet tall, we have animals all over the place. What she doesn't know is that she is joining the Mech family on Christmas! She's getting an orange backlit Ducky Shine 3 with MX Reds. Black/Orange PBT caps from TaoHao and a neat little pumpkin key painted by do_Og@n! I'm excited to finally replace her Razor something-or-other with a real keyboard. She deserves it :3

Regardless, this year is gonna fun :) Happy Holidays everyone :D

Offline HekusuTekusu

« Reply #66 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 22:10:47 »
Spending Christmas and new year travelling through Japan. We're from Australia, so we'll probably be drinking our night away on Christmas and be eating KFC.
| Das 3 Ult MX BRW | PokerII MX BLK | KUL-ES87 MX CLR | Planck MX GRE | HHKB Pro JP |  CPSQ-1800 GAT BLK | HHKB Pro 2 | NYM96 GAT RED |

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #67 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 22:24:36 »
Spending Christmas and new year travelling through Japan. We're from Australia, so we'll probably be drinking our night away on Christmas and be eating KFC.

err.. maccas not KFC right? :P

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #68 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 22:29:58 »

err.. maccas not KFC right?

KFC is a huge deal on Xmas in Japan.

Offline HekusuTekusu

« Reply #69 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 22:38:25 »

Yep. Romevi is correct. For some cultural reason, KFC is the thing for Christmas. It looks like they are trying to mimic how Turkey is the main course for Thanksgiving in America and the closest thing to Turkey is KFC here. 
| Das 3 Ult MX BRW | PokerII MX BLK | KUL-ES87 MX CLR | Planck MX GRE | HHKB Pro JP |  CPSQ-1800 GAT BLK | HHKB Pro 2 | NYM96 GAT RED |

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #70 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 22:39:10 »

Oh really? I had no idea.

Anything special about it? i.e. super-special-christmas-style-seasoning?

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #71 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 22:42:07 »

From what I've heard, KFC did some strong marketing some time ago around Christmas there, and I think it kinda stuck.

Offline Hexterdude

• I have a problem when it come to artisans
« Reply #72 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 22:42:15 »
I'll be spending time with fam and visiting the Philippines to see a couple old friends!

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #73 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 22:44:45 »

From what I've heard, KFC did some strong marketing some time ago around Christmas there, and I think it kinda stuck.

Interesting! thanks for the info, I'll make sure to get some KFC when I'm in Japan next year (it won't be during xmas though :()

Offline building_an_ergo

« Reply #74 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 23:21:15 »

There was a CM for KFC which showed a family sitting around a dinner table for x-mas with a chicken in the middle. Since turkey doesn't seem to be very popular in Japan they seemed to co-opt the image of a Christmas turkey and turn it into a Christmas KFC Chicken.

But anyway, unless he places an order for KFC like, today, he will have trouble getting any on x-mas day.  They are that popular.

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #75 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 23:23:36 »

There was a CM for KFC which showed a family sitting around a dinner table for x-mas with a chicken in the middle. Since turkey doesn't seem to be very popular in Japan they seemed to co-opt the image of a Christmas turkey and turn it into a Christmas KFC Chicken.

But anyway, unless he places an order for KFC like, today, he will have trouble getting any on x-mas day.  They are that popular.

wow! that's kinda cool I suppose, at least it rules out getting 'stale' KFC :D

Offline jaffers

« Reply #76 on: Tue, 15 December 2015, 00:06:00 »

Beast sounds tasty. What is it? Kangaroo?  :p

No its not kangaroo fortunately, its an Brahman cow. First one we've done in a while, usually we are very busy and just get the butcher to do it but we decided to do it ourselves.  :p

Offline jiexi

« Reply #77 on: Tue, 15 December 2015, 00:30:18 »
Chilling at home with the gf. Still don't know what to buy her :(. Probably enjoying my new board when it finally gets here!

Offline martinyeah

« Reply #78 on: Tue, 15 December 2015, 13:14:56 »
Thank you for all of your support, WINNERS will announce soon :thumb:

Offline reznq

Re: 2015 Christmas Giveaway !!!!!!!!!!!!!! WINNERS will announce soon!
« Reply #79 on: Tue, 15 December 2015, 13:48:36 »
Visiting family in Florida for baby's first Christmas!

Offline ice31000

• Just a block of ice on a journey of clacking.
« Reply #80 on: Tue, 15 December 2015, 13:49:16 »
I'll be sitting on the beach with my family  :D
iceyy

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #81 on: Tue, 15 December 2015, 14:04:22 »
Good luck all!

Offline maskey

« Reply #82 on: Tue, 15 December 2015, 14:44:24 »
My wife and I will be spending Christmas Eve with my family and Christmas with her's. Luckily both of our families are local.

This year will be a year of blazers, turtlenecks and mustaches. It won't be pretty, but will lead to some great pictures.

I recently welcomed a HHKB Pro 2 into my family and plan on spending some time with it as well.

Offline crayzieap

« Reply #83 on: Tue, 15 December 2015, 17:49:06 »
Thank you for all of your support, WINNERS will announce soon :thumb:

Thanks Martin again for this giveaway!  It's been awesome to read everyone's story!  Keep safe everyone and happy holiday!   :thumb:

Offline Mksids

« Reply #84 on: Tue, 15 December 2015, 18:23:44 »
I'll be hanging out with my family. Rented a nice cabin for my GF and myself and her ridiculous Shiba, so we should have a good hiding spot should my family get to be too much. I was hoping to put together my winkeyless from the recent group buy over the holidays, but I don't think it'll get here in time. A good project for the new year I suppose. Also eagerly counting down the days until the next blanks sale, hoping for a variety of MX options :P

Offline SunPanda

« Reply #85 on: Tue, 15 December 2015, 20:31:49 »
Going to Colorado with family and friends for some skiing. :D
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 February 2016, 17:17:51 by SunPanda »

Offline kikiju87

• heyheyhey
« Reply #86 on: Tue, 15 December 2015, 23:00:16 »
I will be flying over to South Korea and have fun time with my family and Friends!!
What you got in mind?

Offline dan002

« Reply #87 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 12:47:56 »
I am pleased to announce that our christmas party will be held at my parents house, with presents being opened after three o'clock.

I got something for everyone. I think my dad will apperciate his partroits football gift box. It was an idea I got from lootcrate.  :)
Peace, love and keyboards.

Offline Zanduby

« Reply #88 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 14:43:05 »
I am pleased to announce that our christmas party will be held at my parents house, with presents being opened after three o'clock.

I got something for everyone. I think my dad will apperciate his partroits football gift box. It was an idea I got from lootcrate.  :)

Everyone on GH  as well!? Cool I'll make sure to be there ;)

Offline rotciveel

• Fugu Curator Extraordinaire
« Reply #89 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 16:16:58 »
Fingers crossed for the giveaway!!!

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #90 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 19:09:18 »
Visiting family in Florida for baby's first Christmas!

Enjoy your trip to the best/worst state! It's great/horrible here, depending on your point of view.

Offline martinyeah

Re: 2015 Christmas Giveaway !!!!!!!!!!!!!! ""WINNERS ANNOUNCED""
« Reply #91 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 11:48:41 »
Congratulation to all the guys below :

#1  Zanduby
#2  jdcarpe
#3  crayzieap
#4  Glenmael
#5  BrainFlush
#6  linkshine
#7  Corey
#8  henz

Thank you for all of your support :)

Offline martinyeah

« Reply #92 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 11:49:22 »
I will PM all the winners very soon

Offline BrainFlush

• I type using my knuckles, 30 years running.
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/BrainFlush
« Reply #93 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 12:06:06 »
I will PM all the winners very soon

What? I won? That's crazy!
Thank you so much Martin!
This is going to be a great holiday!

I actually went last night to see the tree with my family after ordering your latest caps. Here's some pics.
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 December 2015, 12:26:34 by BrainFlush »

Offline Zanduby

« Reply #94 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 12:07:54 »
Oh wow! Thank you so much Martin!

Offline ubibaba742

YeAaaaaaahhh congrats winners!  Link you lucky dog!

Offline rotciveel

• Fugu Curator Extraordinaire
« Reply #96 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 15:55:06 »
Just wondering... were the Reddit comments included in the giveaway? Saw that all the winners were GHers and (given that I don't know everyone's Reddit tag), I saw only one person post in both communities. I knew I should've posted in both! Then again, I suppose it was a contest and not a raffle so the best stories were most likely posted here.

Congrats to the winners though, you lucky ducks.
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 December 2015, 15:57:21 by rotciveel »

Offline shhbbyisok

« Reply #97 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 16:28:41 »
Just wondering... were the Reddit comments included in the giveaway? Saw that all the winners were GHers and (given that I don't know everyone's Reddit tag), I saw only one person post in both communities. I knew I should've posted in both! Then again, I suppose it was a contest and not a raffle so the best stories were most likely posted here.

Congrats to the winners though, you lucky ducks.

i posted in both, but put a disclaimer on my reddit one that i posted on here

EDIT:  Congratz to all the Winners!
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 December 2015, 16:41:02 by shhbbyisok »
https://www.instagram.com/el_soupo/
Steam - Long-pig Jerky

k70 - MX browns - RGB led - clear caps
poseidon zx - Kahil blues - Blue led - stock caps

Offline sircheddar

« Reply #98 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 16:29:23 »
linkshine deserves it! nice guy :p
" I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. "

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
Oh wow, thank you Martin!  Can't believe I won. :D
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."