geekhack Community > geekhack Media

Building a keyboard for Epzy

(1/15) > >>

BunnyLake:
Before the pictures in this thread start, there was actually a ton of work that wont be shown, as i will do another thread just dedicated to that stage shortly, but in short i started with a pretty horrific old pcb of Nixdorf's.

I desoldered the entire board, opened every switch, cleaned the contacts and housings, swapped the springs and then gave the switch tops and ultrasonic bath, finally putting them all back together and hand picking the best ones for this board, which leads me to where we began......

A pretty crusty and incredibly dusty KMAC HAPPY

Stripped it down

De soldered all the blues, which were largely knackered

Ended up cleaning out the plate with a little lemon oil to break down some of the buildup on it and then thoroughly cleaned that off and shined it up and then tuned the stabs

Re soldered her up with the tuned Nixies

This is the finished result

All tested, gonna give it one final clean up shortly and take some proper pics of it

joey:
And I bet the plate smells nice too!

FLFisherman:

--- Quote from: joey on Tue, 29 March 2016, 07:31:33 ---And I bet the plate smells nice too!

--- End quote ---

After seeing these photos, this is not something that came to mind.

trizkut:

--- Quote from: FLFisherman on Tue, 29 March 2016, 07:33:12 ---
--- Quote from: joey on Tue, 29 March 2016, 07:31:33 ---And I bet the plate smells nice too!

--- End quote ---

After seeing these photos, this is not something that came to mind.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---A pretty crusty and incredibly dusty KMAC HAPPY
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Ended up cleaning out the plate with a little lemon oil to break down some of the buildup on it and then thoroughly cleaned that off and shined it up and then tuned the stabs
--- End quote ---

Nice build log  :thumb:

bocahgundul:
nice works bunnylake

finally epzy got 1 of his boards  :thumb:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version