geekhack Community > Keyboards

Kailh Yellow - Two Years Later

<< < (2/2)

BobCarltheThird:

--- Quote from: Puddsy on Sun, 29 April 2018, 12:42:38 ---
--- Quote from: buckyballs on Sun, 29 April 2018, 12:32:01 ---Kailh still seems to have a bad rep. Am I right?

--- End quote ---

they used to, they're much better than they were when they first came on the scene

i have no real issues recommending kailh switches to anyone at this point in time

--- End quote ---
The box switches are some of the best out there IMO. The only downside is that you can't PCB mount them without significant effort.

Puddsy:

--- Quote from: BobCarltheThird on Sun, 29 April 2018, 15:52:26 ---
--- Quote from: Puddsy on Sun, 29 April 2018, 12:42:38 ---
--- Quote from: buckyballs on Sun, 29 April 2018, 12:32:01 ---Kailh still seems to have a bad rep. Am I right?

--- End quote ---

they used to, they're much better than they were when they first came on the scene

i have no real issues recommending kailh switches to anyone at this point in time

--- End quote ---
The box switches are some of the best out there IMO. The only downside is that you can't PCB mount them without significant effort.

--- End quote ---

and they look funny

onlyabyte:
Kailh has definitely improved their switches by a long shot. Their box switches are some of the best according to some in comparison to Cherry's MX lineup. Then again, there is no best switch, only the one that is right for you.

TeacherGeek:
How much would you pay for this keyboard now? I have the chance to purchase one.

Would you buy it just to get the switches?

onlyabyte:

--- Quote from: TeacherGeek on Sun, 21 April 2019, 03:30:29 ---How much would you pay for this keyboard now? I have the chance to purchase one.

Would you buy it just to get the switches?

--- End quote ---

Been a while since I logged into Geekhack, I'm back! :D

There are much better switches out there now, especially with the advent of hot swaps. I would honestly recommend some other linears (e.g. Gateron, Akko, etc.).

To answer your question, $20-30 just for the switches would be fine but I no longer use the keyboard anymore. I do have the switches though which I may re-purpose. The keyboard itself is OK but the layout and non-standard stabilisers is what makes it, in my experience, pointless to invest in. :)

I'm sure you found a better keyboard though now, my reply is over a year late...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version