Author Topic: [IC] SA Dasher and SA Dancer sculptured keysets (GB completed)  (Read 102878 times)

Offline E11even

Re: [IC] SA Dasher and SA Dancer sculptured keysets
« Reply #200 on: Sat, 03 September 2016, 20:38:02 »
Would you be interested in setting a GB on other platform given MD has quite long pipeline. I believe this would be a great set regardless of the platform!

Who would be able to get it into SP's manufacturing queue sooner than MassDrop?

Ninjas.  They could break in every night and make us keycaps while the SP staff sleep ;)

Could they maybe also create some additional SA molds?

lol, then we could start the GB ASAP:)

Offline E11even

« Reply #201 on: Sat, 03 September 2016, 20:52:59 »
Would you be interested in setting a GB on other platform given MD has quite long pipeline. I believe this would be a great set regardless of the platform!

Who would be able to get it into SP's manufacturing queue sooner than MassDrop?

Yeah, this is a valid point, after all, it all depends on SP's schedule. Do you have an estimate of when SP will be ready for this set? Also I believe it should fit in with MD's drop queue too, but they could adjust their schedule based on SP's queue.

Offline zslane

« Reply #202 on: Sun, 04 September 2016, 11:33:35 »
Any estimates of SP's schedule would be pure speculation, but I think we can be pretty certain it would be after Feb 2017, which is when The Amazing Chocolatier is currently slated to ship.

There are low frequency murmurs from MassDrop that SA Dasher/Dancer is likely to be a December drop. Add whatever lead time you think is realistic to account for SP's schedule and you have what I consider a best guess.

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #203 on: Sun, 04 September 2016, 23:05:57 »
Looks like we'll have Dasher/Dancer at some point during Summer 2017 would be my guess.  I'm expecting Godspeed to get in before this and at least one other set.

Offline jdreamer

« Reply #204 on: Fri, 09 September 2016, 04:27:04 »
I missed the boat for The Amazing Chocolatier so I definitely would not miss this set!
My life for Aiur!

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #205 on: Fri, 09 September 2016, 10:19:43 »
Looks like we'll have Dasher/Dancer at some point during Summer 2017 would be my guess.  I'm expecting Godspeed to get in before this and at least one other set.

What are you basing the estimates on Godspeed on?

Offline zslane

« Reply #206 on: Fri, 09 September 2016, 11:30:58 »
The poll reached another milestone today: 1,000 positive votes (against only 41 "nay" votes).

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #207 on: Fri, 09 September 2016, 18:34:04 »

What are you basing the estimates on Godspeed on?

Mostly a hunch that MiTo has been working on that with Massdrop quietly for quite some time.  That set has been in the works for quite some time if I recall correctly.

Offline parablol

« Reply #208 on: Thu, 15 September 2016, 13:18:18 »
Any possibility of a Dvorak pack for this?

Offline My_Thoughts

« Reply #209 on: Thu, 15 September 2016, 14:38:20 »

I would jump on a Colmak/Dvorak :)

Offline hoq

• wolfmark.work
« Reply #210 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 21:29:15 »
Is there any inprovement of this keycaps' GB? dear.
It seems that GRAND BUDAPEST and GODSPEED will jump forward to launch in this Oct.

Offline zslane

« Reply #211 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 22:02:17 »
From what I can tell, MassDrop really doesn't want to drop this keyset any earlier than December, so that still leaves a couple more months for sets they like better to slip in ahead of it. Nothing has changed (or "improved") in that regard.

Offline hoq

• wolfmark.work
« Reply #212 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 22:20:57 »
If it will drop in Dec, It's a good news for me.
No matter how long to wait, I will definitely in if it launches.

Thanks so much!

Offline losskutleboys

« Reply #213 on: Sun, 25 September 2016, 08:06:15 »
Hi, is there any chance to get this in Alphas only ? I'm really interested and awesome colorway
My comfort food is instant ramen

Offline zslane

« Reply #214 on: Sun, 25 September 2016, 11:13:33 »
I did not mock up an alphas-only kit for MassDrop, but if they felt it was worth breaking up that way, I'm sure they'd ask me for a render. At this stage, requests for changes/additions to the set should be directed to MassDrop.

Offline captsis

• Formerly matt2dlg
« Reply #215 on: Mon, 26 September 2016, 03:22:21 »
I hope you keep the HHKB layout cause im totally down for dancer

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #216 on: Fri, 30 September 2016, 06:04:01 »

If it was uniform R3 it would fit almost any layout.

Just sayin' :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline zslane

« Reply #217 on: Fri, 30 September 2016, 14:50:25 »
The Data General Dasher was not uniform R3.

Just sayin'  :cool:

149493-0

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
  • Please email jchan@keyclack.com. PMs are disabled
    • KeyClack
« Reply #218 on: Sun, 02 October 2016, 18:05:46 »
The Data General Dasher was not uniform R3.

Just sayin'  :cool:

(Attachment Link)

So we can expect this in December??? :D
Support Email: support@keyclack.com

Did you miss something from us?

Offline zslane

« Reply #219 on: Sun, 02 October 2016, 23:32:14 »
If it drops in December I should consider ourselves lucky. Where it would then land on SP's production schedule is anyone's guess.

Offline wilsones15

« Reply #220 on: Mon, 03 October 2016, 08:59:24 »
This SA will be open for sale in massdrop in december??
I kinda like the color :3 (Blue lover)

Offline zslane

« Reply #221 on: Mon, 03 October 2016, 12:45:06 »
This SA will be open for sale in massdrop in december??
I kinda like the color :3 (Blue lover)

It's all about the blue!

A December drop is possible, but not actually scheduled yet.

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #222 on: Mon, 03 October 2016, 13:27:52 »
It would be nice to get a date confirmation from MD on this but I suspect they'll wait until closer to launch before doing so.  It likely allows them better flexibility in scheduling in case they need to drop or extend earlier drops since they've done both at times.

Offline zslane

« Reply #223 on: Mon, 03 October 2016, 14:08:03 »
Since this is my first rodeo, I'm not yet familiar with the sequence of events that occurs between MassDrop and a set designer, but I am assuming at some point before the drop is made public that there is a bunch of digital paperwork (i.e., contracts) that needs to be signed and exchanged. That has not happened yet with Dasher/Dancer.

Offline zslane

« Reply #224 on: Mon, 10 October 2016, 15:45:01 »
So I can report that SA Dasher/Dancer is officially on MassDrop's schedule for December, barring any unforseen changes in their plans. The paperwork I alluded to earlier is projected to be in my hands in a few weeks (apparently, formal agreements between MassDrop and designers is something new).

This should be a fun Christmas! ...and given all the things scheduled to land by year's end, an expensive one.

Offline PatchSalts

« Reply #225 on: Mon, 10 October 2016, 21:01:46 »
I'm rather new to keyboards, group buys, and MassDrop, and I've seen CAVEAT EMPTOR everywhere, so as a noob, I have to ask:

I've read that MassDrop and Signature Plastics are very reliable and well-respected, but they're only 2 of the 3 parties involved in making this group buy happen. The last one is you, zslane, and this is your first group buy. I've read wikis that say to check up on the credibility on the people organizing a group buy, but I have seen photos of people's houses when they organized some, and it seemed like a lot of the responsibility was shouldered by the GB organizer. Now, is this different when it goes through MassDrop? Is there any potential for your lack of experience to trip things up in the process? I mean, if the entire thing is handled by MD and SP, besides the actual design of the caps, which was you (lovely job, I've been giddy ever since I discovered these last week), then is it virtually impossible for anything to derail the hype train?

Also, is this something really, really rude to ask here? I feel like this is a ridiculously aggressive post for the type of person I am.

Offline Suembeaux

« Reply #226 on: Mon, 10 October 2016, 21:07:50 »
I'm rather new to keyboards, group buys, and MassDrop, and I've seen CAVEAT EMPTOR everywhere, so as a noob, I have to ask:

I've read that MassDrop and Signature Plastics are very reliable and well-respected, but they're only 2 of the 3 parties involved in making this group buy happen. The last one is you, zslane, and this is your first group buy. I've read wikis that say to check up on the credibility on the people organizing a group buy, but I have seen photos of people's houses when they organized some, and it seemed like a lot of the responsibility was shouldered by the GB organizer. Now, is this different when it goes through MassDrop? Is there any potential for your lack of experience to trip things up in the process? I mean, if the entire thing is handled by MD and SP, besides the actual design of the caps, which was you (lovely job, I've been giddy ever since I discovered these last week), then is it virtually impossible for anything to derail the hype train?

Also, is this something really, really rude to ask here? I feel like this is a ridiculously aggressive post for the type of person I am.

Zslane correct me if I'm wrong, but in this case I believe his sole role in this is designer and hype man. SP covers production, Massdrop covers everything else including collecting funds, communicating with SP, and shipping. Which is honestly my preferred method for GB's to go. Larger companies can assume responsibility more easily if there are any mistakes, and have the man power to correct those mistakes quite easily (eg. shift and enter keys with Pulse not being correct and them immediately sending out replacements).
A bunch of stuff. Someone teach me how to properly solder.

/u/Shartastical

Offline zslane

« Reply #227 on: Mon, 10 October 2016, 21:59:55 »
That's correct.

With a MassDrop group buy, you have a legitimate and formidable organization taking on the burden of everything except set design. I really wanted MassDrop to pick this up because I absolutely did not want to get involved in the logistics of a group buy in any way, shape, or form. Frankly, I didn't even want to be responsible for hype and promotion, but MassDrop doesn't do any of that so it sort of fell upon myself and those folks who liked the set so much they evangelized it on their own in whatever way they could.

So, thanks to MassDrop's involvement, nobody has to rely on any trust or faith in me to deliver the goods.

Offline PatchSalts

« Reply #228 on: Mon, 10 October 2016, 22:02:59 »
That's correct.

With a MassDrop group buy, you have a legitimate and formidable organization taking on the burden of everything except set design. I really wanted MassDrop to pick this up because I absolutely did not want to get involved in the logistics of a group buy in any way, shape, or form. Frankly, I didn't even want to be responsible for hype and promotion, but MassDrop doesn't do any of that so it sort of fell upon myself and those folks who liked the set so much they evangelized it on their own in whatever way they could.

So, thanks to MassDrop's involvement, nobody has to rely on any trust or faith in me to deliver the goods.
Oh, good, thanks. For a moment, I was worried, but I think the only reason not to buy these when they're is money, but everything costs money, so it's no big deal. Another question I had: do you, perchance, get the first set to play around with before the drop? Actual photos to look at would be so cool.

Offline zslane

« Reply #229 on: Mon, 10 October 2016, 23:15:22 »
... do you, perchance, get the first set to play around with before the drop? Actual photos to look at would be so cool.

Alas, no. The renders have to suffice I'm afraid.

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #230 on: Tue, 11 October 2016, 13:05:12 »
So I can report that SA Dasher/Dancer is officially on MassDrop's schedule for December, barring any unforseen changes in their plans. The paperwork I alluded to earlier is projected to be in my hands in a few weeks (apparently, formal agreements between MassDrop and designers is something new).

This should be a fun Christmas! ...and given all the things scheduled to land by year's end, an expensive one.

Great to see this.  Thank you for putting in the work to get theses sets up.  These sets have been a long time coming.

Offline zslane

« Reply #231 on: Tue, 11 October 2016, 13:56:36 »
Honestly? I don't think I'll be getting a decent night's sleep until I actually see the drop up on MassDrop, you know?

Offline PatchSalts

« Reply #232 on: Tue, 11 October 2016, 13:58:01 »
Honestly? I don't think I'll be getting a decent night's sleep until I actually see the drop up on MassDrop, you know?
Melatonin tablets help.

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #233 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 11:20:02 »
Zslane, I hope you run a GMK set with a different colorscheme after you complete this drop

1.25u CMD Check
1.25u Super-like Keycap Check
1.75u Stepped Ctrl Check
1u Fn Check
Row3 Bottom Row - Check
Row4 Arrows - Check

You checked all my boxes
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #234 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 15:47:01 »
Zslane, I hope you run a GMK set with a different colorscheme after you complete this drop

1.25u CMD Check
1.25u Super-like Keycap Check
1.75u Stepped Ctrl Check
1u Fn Check
Row3 Bottom Row - Check
Row4 Arrows - Check

You checked all my boxes

We need Rocketeer first. 

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=25674.msg2246628#msg2246628

Offline zslane

« Reply #235 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 15:52:11 »
I don't do GMK (because I don't do cylindrical). In fact, I'll do G20 before I do GMK...

Hermes Rocketeer is a lost cause due to its concept and theme, I'm afraid.

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #236 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 16:28:45 »
Honestly I think Hermes Rocketeer might do well enough for a run but if it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen.

Offline PollandAkuma

« Reply #237 on: Sat, 15 October 2016, 09:21:52 »
I love this colourway :)

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #238 on: Sat, 15 October 2016, 21:55:09 »

I would jump on a Colmak/Dvorak :)

Nice colors.
Would love to have a Dvorak kit and an Ergodox kit.

Offline poolside

« Reply #239 on: Sat, 05 November 2016, 13:59:02 »
So I can report that SA Dasher/Dancer is officially on MassDrop's schedule for December, barring any unforseen changes in their plans.

I am eagerly waiting for this!

Hermes Rocketeer is a lost cause due to its concept and theme, I'm afraid.

:'( The green looked so nice.

Offline e_l_tang

« Reply #240 on: Sat, 05 November 2016, 16:14:24 »
What happened to Rocketeer?

Offline PatchSalts

« Reply #241 on: Sat, 05 November 2016, 16:56:58 »
What happened to Rocketeer?
It was an older project of zslane's that was scrapped due to lack of interest.

Offline PatchSalts

« Reply #242 on: Sun, 06 November 2016, 11:13:16 »
Hey, zslane, we know that you got the inspiration for Dasher from the Data General Dasher terminal on the first post, but what gave you the inspiration for the increase Dancer? I mean, I get that the idea is just to have an alternative, but what pirpose did you introduce Dancer for? It could very well be that you like it when people have options, but I wanted to hear it from you.

Offline zslane

« Reply #243 on: Sun, 06 November 2016, 11:45:35 »
I added Dancer because I knew that if I only posted Dasher in the IC, there would immediately be requests for its inverse color scheme. And since there was no additional design effort required (just a swap of color codes and a second set of renders), I figured I might as well offer both. Early on I made it clear that I didn't expect Dancer to be popular enough to survive the IC process, but judging from the MassDrop poll, I was obviously quite wrong about that.

Offline zslane

« Reply #244 on: Mon, 14 November 2016, 13:09:11 »
DVORAK/COLEMAK and ERGODOX kits have been added to the December drop:

152840-0

152842-1
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 November 2016, 13:35:08 by zslane »

Offline Parva Ovis

« Reply #245 on: Mon, 14 November 2016, 13:31:14 »
DVORAK/COLEMAK
Oh noooo. There goes my only reason not to buy these; my wallet's gonna hate me for this.

Offline zslane

« Reply #246 on: Mon, 14 November 2016, 14:51:40 »
By the way, I will be fixing the DVORAK/COLEMAK Backspace key in these renders tonight.

Offline elfick

• Can I get Colemak and a side of fries with that?
« Reply #247 on: Mon, 14 November 2016, 17:02:47 »
By the way, I will be fixing the DVORAK/COLEMAK Backspace key in these renders tonight.
Are the row labels mixed up in the Dvorak/Colemak set? Isn't the backspace supposed to be row 3 and ":QJKW" row 4?
Or is that what you meant when you said you'd fix the renders? :)

Offline zslane

« Reply #248 on: Mon, 14 November 2016, 17:30:41 »
Are the row labels mixed up in the Dvorak/Colemak set? Isn't the backspace supposed to be row 3 and ":QJKW" row 4?
Or is that what you meant when you said you'd fix the renders? :)

Yes, the row labels are mixed up. All will be fixed, never fear!

Offline My_Thoughts

« Reply #249 on: Mon, 14 November 2016, 18:08:07 »
Excellent news :)