Author Topic: [GB] Polaris - GB Complete  (Read 241258 times)

Offline juliandoucette

Re: [GB] Polaris - Shipping
« Reply #550 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 17:53:08 »
FTR: I can confirm that the bluegrey is not as advertised. It's a nice colour, I guess... but I wouldn't have ordered it.

PS: I'm leaving this comment because I think it's the appropriate place and format to leave feedback about the group buy. Please excuse my ignorance and negativity if I am incorrect.

Offline n.rdy

« Reply #551 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 19:57:01 »
is it possible, at this point, to order an extra plate & pcb?

Offline 1391401

• MX CLEAR
« Reply #552 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 20:13:57 »
That blue is wild - like they didn't even try.  It's still a nice color just like the yellow - just completely wrong.
People I've given money to from this webform who never respond to me and have not shipped me anything: ctrlalt.io 1 2, Team Readline Reputable alternatives to GH group buys: http://pimpmykeyboard.com, https://www.massdrop.com,

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #553 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 22:39:49 »
That blue is wild - like they didn't even try.  It's still a nice color just like the yellow - just completely wrong.

blue grey is very rarely on point in any gb

i kinda like this one tho
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #554 on: Thu, 21 May 2020, 01:11:20 »
Wooooo my Polaris arrived today! ... minus one black screw in the weight. I don't even know how that happens. -_-

Looking in all of the little baggies looks like there's a bag of replacement silver screws, so I guess I'll have one silver screw in my all-black case! :(

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #555 on: Thu, 21 May 2020, 03:08:53 »
Wooooo my Polaris arrived today! ... minus one black screw in the weight. I don't even know how that happens. -_-

Looking in all of the little baggies looks like there's a bag of replacement silver screws, so I guess I'll have one silver screw in my all-black case! :(

Human error. When they have to package that many boards and QC everything, it can happen.
Just remember that these are not some special screws (besides the colour) so you can always just get them online or in a shop. Probably not worth asking for KBDFans to send you a single screw. :D
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline ai03

• I do not reply to PMs; contact me via website
    • Website
« Reply #556 on: Thu, 21 May 2020, 10:41:27 »
Sorry for the silence; forgot to update this thread for a while
Relaying information from the Discord server:

Shipping status: KBDfans has been capped to around 150kg of shipping per day with DHL and FedEx limitations combined, which is not much at all considering they also must ship quite a few other products in parallel. They are doing the best they can to ship stuff as quickly as possible, but the bottleneck is hitting hard.

Color differences: A few of the colors turned out differently from ideal due to a few factors:
  • Factory switchup after GB closed due to the original factory running away, leading to a very rushed switch to a different factory with differing capabilities
  • Certain colors that failed to anodize consistently no matter how many times we tried at the new factory, forcing us to different hues
I apologize for misleading advertisements; they were not intended to be misleading and only turned out that way due to circumstances surrounding the switch. In the future, I will try to mitigate this effect as much as possible for any new products.

Extra parts: As of right now, there are no plans to sell individual extra parts, especially since they wouldn't even ship within a reasonable timespan without paying ridiculous amounts for already capped DHL/FedEx shipping. However, the PCB dimensions and plate files have been open sourced.

Screws: I apologize for any missing screws; they were likely accidentally skipped at the factory as they rushed to get the boards out following the delay from CNY and following pandemic lockdown. It will likely take months to ship the screws internationally by a shipping method of any reasonable cost, so if not waiting for the pandemic to be controlled and shipping/international travel to resume, here are the specifications for the screws that may be possible to source locally instead:
Case: M2, 6mm length
Weight: M3, 4mm length
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 May 2020, 10:43:09 by ai03 »

Offline lunr

« Reply #557 on: Thu, 21 May 2020, 13:47:11 »
I can't seem to find the plate files in this thread. Can you please link them?

Extra parts: As of right now, there are no plans to sell individual extra parts, especially since they wouldn't even ship within a reasonable timespan without paying ridiculous amounts for already capped DHL/FedEx shipping. However, the PCB dimensions and plate files have been open sourced.

Offline dmatx1

« Reply #558 on: Thu, 21 May 2020, 14:07:50 »
I can't seem to find the plate files in this thread. Can you please link them?

https://dl.ai03.me/Polaris%20Resources/

Offline odd

« Reply #559 on: Thu, 21 May 2020, 15:37:05 »
For your board to be able to be delivered in the US did you have to send KBDFANS $20 for shipping or is there an invoice of some sort?

I used EMS b/c it was originally free shipping; however, due to shipping issues, I changed my address and opted for DHL. KBD support said they would invoice me for shipping. I haven't been invoiced yet so I'm guessing my order isn't ready. I'm waiting on a Polaris and Simple JA.

There shouldn't be a invoice. I sent $20 via paypal then sent them a email with the paypal transaction # and got verification within the hour. These instructions were posted in the KBDfans Discord. I wouldn't sweat it though since that was last month and I'm still waiting for my tracking # or any info on when I'll get my board (black/brass). I'm gonna guess that the $20 that was sent to speed up shipping was just to get your hopes up in getting it quicker because that's obviously not the case.

« Reply #560 on: Thu, 21 May 2020, 16:17:09 »
Someone run a Trump themed keyset for that e-orange.

Offline child

« Reply #561 on: Sun, 24 May 2020, 06:56:33 »
Finally got my e-white with FR4 half plate (among other options) after terrible experience with Fedex on almost every stage of the shipment (some of that can be attributed to Covid-19, but not everything).

I must say I am amazed - both the quality and the sound are nearly perfect. Initially I wasn't sure if the soft touch of FR4 half plate will be to my liking, but after just a day of using it I can say it's great. I put both foams in - it made the keyboard a tad stiffer, but not much really. I am happy there are further acoustic tuning options, but so far I didn't try them yet.

This keyboard is the first MX board with "raindrop" sound similar to silenced Topre, which I always was a fan of  :thumb:

Offline mongoose27

• WKL FTW
« Reply #562 on: Sun, 24 May 2020, 16:13:04 »
I'm still waiting on my e-wite, WKL....hopefully, its on the way soon.

Offline zian_

« Reply #563 on: Sun, 24 May 2020, 17:22:01 »
For your board to be able to be delivered in the US did you have to send KBDFANS $20 for shipping or is there an invoice of some sort?

I used EMS b/c it was originally free shipping; however, due to shipping issues, I changed my address and opted for DHL. KBD support said they would invoice me for shipping. I haven't been invoiced yet so I'm guessing my order isn't ready. I'm waiting on a Polaris and Simple JA.

There shouldn't be a invoice. I sent $20 via paypal then sent them a email with the paypal transaction # and got verification within the hour. These instructions were posted in the KBDfans Discord. I wouldn't sweat it though since that was last month and I'm still waiting for my tracking # or any info on when I'll get my board (black/brass). I'm gonna guess that the $20 that was sent to speed up shipping was just to get your hopes up in getting it quicker because that's obviously not the case.

Probably the case. Just hoping to get it before the end of the year.

Offline xantiema

« Reply #564 on: Sun, 24 May 2020, 18:25:21 »
Countersunk or flat screws ?

Offline ai03

• I do not reply to PMs; contact me via website
    • Website
« Reply #565 on: Mon, 25 May 2020, 07:35:18 »
Countersunk or flat screws ?

Countersunk for weight, flat for case.

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #566 on: Mon, 25 May 2020, 18:35:07 »

I am now the only one with a proper yellow Polaris ;) orangebois be damned

Offline PoohGom

« Reply #567 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 01:19:38 »
Show Image

Wow. That is a nice yellow... congrats on being the lucky one! What do you plan to build it with?

Offline vi0till

« Reply #568 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 10:03:03 »
Show Image

Feelsbadman to be orangebois.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #569 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 12:12:01 »
Is there any update on the progress of DMG R2? When will it be delivered? :'( :'( :'(

Show Image

Show Image

Wow. That is a nice yellow... congrats on being the lucky one! What do you plan to build it with?

Wasn't luck, I had it cerakoted. 205 lubed filmed blacks in the fr4 plate

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #570 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 11:50:55 »
I heard there are 80 Polaris left to ship with plans to get them out between 15 to 35 days

#lastshipmentgang
[Mostly] Retired from Keyboards
Typing on: TKL One - Zealios v1 - 55g TX Springs, TX Films, Lubed with 205g0 - Xiami Beige Cadet + RGB
Collection: IDB60 (gone), Austere (gone), Matrix 1.2og (gone), Matrix 2.0add (gone), RS (so lit), Infinitum (gone), THRILL Proto (destroyed), Matrix 2.0add xmas Starry Night (gone), RS60 (traded), MC65 (traded), Jane v1 CE (gone), GSKT-00 (gone), TKL One Poly (returned), TKL One, RS60, Serenity Proto, Boulevard Proto

Offline xantiema

« Reply #571 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 19:23:54 »
We waited this long, what is another 4 weeks  :p

Offline SuddenlyDonkey

« Reply #572 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 19:49:13 »
My E-Yellorange should be here next week.

...along with Simple JA (which I'm equally excited about).

Offline odd

« Reply #573 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 21:16:23 »
I thought I was finally going to get mine. I had a DHL shipping notification from KBDFANS, turns out it was only a plate I ordered a few weeks ago :(

Offline xantiema

« Reply #574 on: Thu, 28 May 2020, 04:58:31 »
I thought I was finally going to get mine. I had a DHL shipping notification from KBDFANS, turns out it was only a plate I ordered a few weeks ago :(
^-^

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #575 on: Sun, 31 May 2020, 15:59:07 »
Finished product. Board is a beauty with the yellow cerakote and sounds amazing as well. I've attached a sound test using all provided foam for those interested.

Offline zian_

« Reply #576 on: Sun, 31 May 2020, 17:44:13 »

I’d even take a fake shipping notification at this point.

Offline justinhigley

« Reply #577 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 14:01:12 »
Had intended my e-yellow Polaris to be matched with Serika but I guess the keeb gods had other plans.

244047-0

I'm going to call this masterpiece Trump Tower Taco Salad.
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 June 2020, 14:08:26 by justinhigley »

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #578 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 18:03:32 »
Had intended my e-yellow Polaris to be matched with Serika but I guess the keeb gods had other plans.

(Attachment Link)

I'm going to call this masterpiece Trump Tower Taco Salad.

Get that baby cerakoted. The stock color is Corvette yellow.

Offline vafan

« Reply #579 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 23:12:11 »
Any news about Poly version?

Offline jani80k

• In the hobby for a good time.
« Reply #580 on: Tue, 02 June 2020, 04:11:38 »
Any news about Poly version?

Yes: it kinda good.

Offline vafan

« Reply #581 on: Fri, 05 June 2020, 01:04:11 »
Wait. Do you got it?

Offline zian_

« Reply #582 on: Fri, 05 June 2020, 01:37:16 »
Wait. Do you got it?

KBDfans claims there’s only 80 units left to ship and that it will take 35 days to ship them. Both claims seem highly questionable.

Offline syberghost

« Reply #583 on: Fri, 05 June 2020, 15:25:38 »
Wait. Do you got it?

KBDfans claims there’s only 80 units left to ship and that it will take 35 days to ship them. Both claims seem highly questionable.

They claimed that a week ago, so it's less units and less time now. A number of people in the Discord have recently announced they got their shipping notifications, not many people left in there who haven't.
yes, I'm the guy who put box jades on a Polaris

Offline xantiema

« Reply #584 on: Sat, 06 June 2020, 08:43:16 »
They claimed that a week ago, so it's less units and less time now. A number of people in the Discord have recently announced they got their shipping notifications, not many people left in there who haven't.

It's only logical to assume things are moving along, albeit at a slow pace. He was referring to the inaccurate and/or unrealistic time frames KBD is announcing: I received 3 (or 4) delays now and definitely expect another prior to my shipping notification. I don't blame KBD, it is what it is given the context of the quarantine.

Offline zian_

« Reply #585 on: Sat, 06 June 2020, 09:40:05 »

It's only logical to assume things are moving along, albeit at a slow pace. He was referring to the inaccurate and/or unrealistic time frames KBD is announcing: I received 3 (or 4) delays now and definitely expect another prior to my shipping notification. I don't blame KBD, it is what it is given the context of the quarantine.

That's exactly what I'm saying. Each month, they say "this month!". While its understandable that there is shipping issues due to the current climate, but you go on other forums and see that they're shipping out their own products within days, yet have had payment for polaris for 300 days now.

Offline 1391401

• MX CLEAR
« Reply #586 on: Sat, 06 June 2020, 13:46:24 »
^ it's the curse of the group buy - you've already waited 300 days so you can wait 30 more whereas a new customer buying a new product is going to nope out and WTF pretty quickly if their order takes 30 days

I mean as a community we're happy to continue to supporting group buy runners who still owe sets and kits from 2014 but if a vendor came in here and had 30-60 day ship times we'd probably ride them out on a rail...
People I've given money to from this webform who never respond to me and have not shipped me anything: ctrlalt.io 1 2, Team Readline Reputable alternatives to GH group buys: http://pimpmykeyboard.com, https://www.massdrop.com,

Offline zian_

« Reply #587 on: Sat, 06 June 2020, 14:14:16 »
^ it's the curse of the group buy - you've already waited 300 days so you can wait 30 more whereas a new customer buying a new product is going to nope out and WTF pretty quickly if their order takes 30 days

I mean as a community we're happy to continue to supporting group buy runners who still owe sets and kits from 2014 but if a vendor came in here and had 30-60 day ship times we'd probably ride them out on a rail...

If you’re referring to hyperfuse, I don’t think there’s much support there anymore, and is that really the standard we want to hold the community to?

Offline nathanchere

Re: [GB] Polaris - Awaiting production
« Reply #588 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 18:25:09 »
Looking at the ongoing ****storm which is the Fusion60 buy also run by kbdfans (https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=98959), does anyone want to take bets now on whether these see the light of day around mid-2020 at the absolute earliest?

Mid 2020, still waiting. On the positive side, kbdfans at least didn't prove me wrong.

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #589 on: Mon, 08 June 2020, 03:40:28 »
Oddly enough, within 24 hours of posting the above I receive an update from kbdfans. Not about shipping though :

Hi
I am KBDfans customer service Judy
I noticed that you didn't buy the plate for the order ######
Pls reorder it or pay it via paypal directly(Our paypal is kbdfans@gmail.com)
Then show me the payment record .
Thanks&Regards
KBDfans Judy

I thought the plate was included in the price? Why am I only getting this nearly a year later? Seems sketchy.

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #590 on: Mon, 08 June 2020, 04:23:57 »
Oddly enough, within 24 hours of posting the above I receive an update from kbdfans. Not about shipping though :

Hi
I am KBDfans customer service Judy
I noticed that you didn't buy the plate for the order ######
Pls reorder it or pay it via paypal directly(Our paypal is kbdfans@gmail.com)
Then show me the payment record .
Thanks&Regards
KBDfans Judy

I thought the plate was included in the price? Why am I only getting this nearly a year later? Seems sketchy.

iirc you needed to add the plate in the basket, even though you chose it on the main GB page too. The Plate was 30USD, total cost 250+(depends on config) in addition to shipping.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #591 on: Mon, 08 June 2020, 08:08:46 »
iirc you needed to add the plate in the basket, even though you chose it on the main GB page too. The Plate was 30USD, total cost 250+(depends on config) in addition to shipping.

Are you trying to say that this could possibly be user error rather than KBDfans trying to **** people over? That's crazy, DEFINITELY sketchy.

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #592 on: Mon, 08 June 2020, 09:40:42 »

Are you trying to say that this could possibly be user error rather than KBDfans trying to **** people over? That's crazy, DEFINITELY sketchy.

Not trying to screw me over, just seems sketchy - did they really not even notice this about orders for nearly a year?

Offline Mekberg

« Reply #593 on: Mon, 08 June 2020, 09:43:29 »
I don't think it's unfair to expect the customer to read the instructions and order the correct parts, and since KBDFans are still shipping stuff out, I assume these errors belong to those orders. I don't expect they sit around double-checking people's orders for them until it's time to actually pack them, and only then do they notice that the customer didn't order a plate at all, which is why they're not sending out those e-mails.

Offline Brez1623

« Reply #594 on: Mon, 08 June 2020, 10:03:15 »
I don't think it's unfair to expect the customer to read the instructions and order the correct parts, and since KBDFans are still shipping stuff out, I assume these errors belong to those orders. I don't expect they sit around double-checking people's orders for them until it's time to actually pack them, and only then do they notice that the customer didn't order a plate at all, which is why they're not sending out those e-mails.

I could be wrong, it has been a while since the orders were live but I don't remember there being instructions saying hey if you pick a kit with a plate included it will add the plate to your cart as an individual item not as part of the kit. That's just a crap way of setting up a cart and only leads to confusion. I also had this issue even tho the description for the kit in my cart clearly says, polaris +brass plate. So when I saw a additional brass plate I most likely deleted it from the cart seeing as the kit clearly says brass plate in the description in the cart. Leading me to think hey its included in the kit.

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #595 on: Tue, 09 June 2020, 13:31:14 »

I don't see how it is 'user error'. My order confirmation included the plate. Although I can't go back and look at kbdfans site since they took the Polaris pages down, the main post in this thread also reaffirms what I always understood. $265 shipped, extra cost if you wanted e-coat or polycarb case.

From https://kb.ai03.me/projects/polaris.html:

This also says nothing about extra cost for plates anywhere on the page.  Kbdfans are now asking for another $40 to include a plate. Yeah, it feels sketchy. So to be clear, everyone else who ordered had to pay extra for their plate?
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 June 2020, 02:36:17 by nathanchere »

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #596 on: Tue, 09 June 2020, 13:39:46 »
To make it more bull****, the latest email:

HI
Just pay USD$40  via PayPal directly
   Our PayPal account is kbdfans@gmail.com
   Then show me the payment record, we will add it for you

and we have 2 plates for choice , 1 WKL brass Full Steel gold one  2  WKL FR4 Full Steel
which one do u want ?

My payment confirmation included this:

[GB] Polaris 60% Keyboard × 1
E-White / HHKB / Black matte PVD
Plate: Universal Layout - Poly Full

So now they are saying pay an extra $40, and my only choices are for a metal or FR4 plate (not what I wanted) in WKL (I ordered HHKB not WKL)
And you still think this is just 'user error'?

Offline PoohGom

« Reply #597 on: Tue, 09 June 2020, 13:56:22 »
To make it more bull****, the latest email:

HI
Just pay USD$40  via PayPal directly
   Our PayPal account is kbdfans@gmail.com
   Then show me the payment record, we will add it for you

and we have 2 plates for choice , 1 WKL brass Full Steel gold one  2  WKL FR4 Full Steel
which one do u want ?

So now they are saying pay an extra $40, and my only choices are for a metal or FR4 plate (not what I wanted) in WKL (I ordered HHKB not WKL)
And you still think this is just 'user error'?

As stated above, even though your order confirmation said the plate was included, when the GB was happening it clearly stated in the instructions to add the desired plate option to your cart. My order confirmation says the plate is in the kit, but you still had to pay for the plate separately.

Offline xantiema

« Reply #598 on: Tue, 09 June 2020, 14:50:24 »
Still user error I am afraid. When you added it to your cart during the GB, you would be adding two items to your cart 1) Plate 2) Remainder - not a great implementation, but that is why it is considered to be included in the single item you add to the cart..

Offline andtar2

« Reply #599 on: Tue, 09 June 2020, 15:00:56 »

Your payment confirmation/basket should had two separate items: one for Polaris + one for plate
Also E-White/E-Yellow/Polycarbonate was 30USD extra, you should had a total of 295USD.

I had exactly same combo E-White/HHKB/Polly Full plate, and payed 295USD + insurance.