Author Topic: Welcome new members!  (Read 793101 times)

Offline WOMBO

Re: Welcome new members!
« Reply #550 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 16:11:08 »
yep! not actually mine but a friend of mine's haha, they're pretty expensive but feel like a very wide gamecube controller otherwise. I think it's for the PSO japanese game on the gamecube?

Offline JamesGoblin

• My name is Goblin. James Goblin.
    • Camelot Unchained Wiki
« Reply #551 on: Fri, 18 March 2016, 18:29:08 »
Hey, have a welcome penguin!

Trivia: Warhammer Online is the best game ever made.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #552 on: Fri, 18 March 2016, 22:40:17 »
Phantasy Star online? AFAIK  :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #553 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 04:23:11 »
Hey, have a welcome penguin!

Show Image

That's sweet :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #554 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 22:45:43 »
Kind of reminds me of that Surf's Up movie  :D

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #555 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 22:47:43 »
yep! not actually mine but a friend of mine's haha, they're pretty expensive but feel like a very wide gamecube controller otherwise. I think it's for the PSO japanese game on the gamecube?

THAT'S A KEYBOARD. So cool

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #556 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 04:52:14 »

Haven't seen that one.

It reminded me a bit of Happy Feet, although I haven't seen that either (but my daughter has).
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline ketsumi

« Reply #557 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 10:47:48 »
Well, hi. I stumbled into this crazy world of keyboards while I was looking for a nice keyboard for my girlfriend (so she doesn't have to endure the torturous keyboard on her MB Air). I ended up settling on a WASD V2 with clears, since they play nicely with Mac. But now I want my own baby. Alas, nothing is exactly like what I want. I really like the 60%s like the HHK but I really like the feels of the Cherries in WASD. So I think that I've been bitten bad, because now I'm just like "Well, nothing to do but make a custom one from scratch..." even though I know next to nothing about electrical engineering and even less about coding. I guess the only things I've got going for me are my sense of design, some CAD experience, and you.  ;D

Wish me luck and please don't mind if I ask lots of questions.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #558 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 04:51:53 »
Well, hi. I stumbled into this crazy world of keyboards while I was looking for a nice keyboard for my girlfriend (so she doesn't have to endure the torturous keyboard on her MB Air). I ended up settling on a WASD V2 with clears, since they play nicely with Mac. But now I want my own baby. Alas, nothing is exactly like what I want. I really like the 60%s like the HHK but I really like the feels of the Cherries in WASD. So I think that I've been bitten bad, because now I'm just like "Well, nothing to do but make a custom one from scratch..." even though I know next to nothing about electrical engineering and even less about coding. I guess the only things I've got going for me are my sense of design, some CAD experience, and you.  ;D

Welcome to Geekhack!

And good luck :)

The best place to look for guides and similar for making your own keyboard is making stuff together.

The simple questions thread also has a lot of information about parts prices and so on.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #559 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 08:24:21 »

Haven't seen that one.

It reminded me a bit of Happy Feet, although I haven't seen that either (but my daughter has).
My nephews loved Surf's Up. It's really not a bad flick

Another CAD person! Welcome!  :eek: I would be happy to answer any questions you might have in exchange for CAD cookies  :p

Offline UTommieTanka

« Reply #560 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 08:48:58 »
Hey guys =)

Offline sek1ne

• Sek-eye-n
« Reply #561 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 14:20:27 »
Biking is fun.

Offline cult_hero13

« Reply #562 on: Fri, 01 April 2016, 10:51:32 »
Hello all,

I write you as a new member and owner of a new Deck Francium Pro 87.  This is my first mechanical keyboard for which I am now on a quest for new keycaps.  I'm also now becoming addicted to at least searching for a future replacement to this entire keyboard...not because I need it, but because I want it.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #563 on: Sat, 02 April 2016, 23:49:04 »
Hello all,

I write you as a new member and owner of a new Deck Francium Pro 87.  This is my first mechanical keyboard for which I am now on a quest for new keycaps.  I'm also now becoming addicted to at least searching for a future replacement to this entire keyboard...not because I need it, but because I want it.

Welcome to Geekhack!

The Deck Francium Pro 87 has a standard layout, which is good as most keycap sets will fit.

What switches did you get in the Deck?

Offline simonamreotera

« Reply #564 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 01:17:10 »
I am an IT Expert.
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 April 2016, 01:19:28 by simonamreotera »

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #565 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 06:24:54 »
I am an IT Expert.
Hi, welcome :) What keyboard/switches are you waging battle with?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #566 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 01:01:49 »
I am an IT Expert.

Welcome to Geekhack!

In what area of IT are you an expert?

Offline mteinum

« Reply #567 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 13:20:36 »
Here we go :)

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #568 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 13:56:22 »

Show Image

Well.. what is it?! Welcome :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #569 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 06:04:01 »

Show Image

It's nice to see that they are catering for those who are gender-confused ;)

Offline mteinum

« Reply #570 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 00:10:39 »

Well, we do not enter geekhack with only a mac keyboard, do we? :) I'll keep you updated.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #571 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 00:16:44 »

Well, we do not enter geekhack with only a mac keyboard, do we? :) I'll keep you updated.

Haha, I joined GH with a cheapo rubber dome.

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #572 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 03:47:12 »
Hello Everyone!

joined in March of this year and I have been loving it so far.

It all started when I saved a pristine condition G81 (MY Switches) in our company's dump.

I have been watching a lot of tech videos about the cherry switches before, was considering on purchasing a g710+ but, since, finding that G81 I have been enlightened of the infinite possibilities of mechanical keyboards.

Since then, I have found a couple of vintage boards, 2 Dolch PAC keyboards. (Sold 1 on mechmarket), 2 WYSE terminals 2 white alps boards (unknown origin) a Lexmark model M (funny story on this one)

currently rocking a Stock pok3r w/ mx clears and DSA deep space.

my wallet has a huge hole in it right now. with all these artisans coming out and group buys here and there.. but, I have never been so inspired in my whole life to become a part of this niche community.

I am here to stay.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #573 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 04:04:44 »

People enter with all sorts of things!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #574 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 04:05:02 »

Haha, I joined GH with a cheapo rubber dome.

Exactly! ;)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #575 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 04:06:11 »
Hello Everyone!

It all started when I saved a pristine condition G81 (MY Switches) in our company's dump.

I have been watching a lot of tech videos about the cherry switches before, was considering on purchasing a g710+ but, since, finding that G81 I have been enlightened of the infinite possibilities of mechanical keyboards.

Since then, I have found a couple of vintage boards, 2 Dolch PAC keyboards. (Sold 1 on mechmarket), 2 WYSE terminals 2 white alps boards (unknown origin) a Lexmark model M (funny story on this one)

my wallet has a huge hole in it right now. with all these artisans coming out and group buys here and there.. but, I have never been so inspired in my whole life to become a part of this niche community.

I am here to stay.

Welcome to Geekhack!

You "found" a couple of Dolch PAC keyboard? :eek:

Where!?!?!??!?!?!!

People pay big money for those - you seem to have located a source of desirable keyboards :)

Offline mteinum

« Reply #576 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 04:07:28 »

True. At the moment I have two mac keyboards ... and that's it.

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
« Reply #577 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 04:26:21 »
Hello Everyone!

I am here to stay.

Welcome to Geekhack!

Where!?!?!??!?!?!!

People pay big money for those - you seem to have located a source of desirable keyboards :)

I found them in my company server room. Of course I asked permission before taking them. The dolchs were part of a network analyzer that had broken screens. As expected they let me take it thinking they were useless since, they had terminal connectors.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #578 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 06:10:07 »

True. At the moment I have two mac keyboards ... and that's it.

When I joined I had 3 Apple aluminium keyboards (and one black and one white older Mac keyboard).  And a couple of dozen rubber dome keyboards.  And one NEC APC-H4100E!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #579 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 06:10:29 »
Hello Everyone!

I am here to stay.

Welcome to Geekhack!

Where!?!?!??!?!?!!

I found them in my company server room. Of course I asked permission before taking them. The dolchs were part of a network analyzer that had broken screens. As expected they let me take it thinking they were useless since, they had terminal connectors.

Nice server room, wished mine was like that :))

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
« Reply #580 on: Mon, 25 April 2016, 02:39:28 »
Hello Everyone!

I am here to stay.

Welcome to Geekhack!

Where!?!?!??!?!?!!

lol, this has changed the way I look at server rooms now. Just the other day I was salvaging a rack at a customers premise and found an old mitsumi keyboard... (rubber domes) so, I left it there. still looking for one of those industrial ssk's

Offline mindgame

« Reply #581 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 10:02:00 »
Hello gifhack  :)
Readonly mode off...my name is Ivan, i'm NetEng at big russian ISP.
Here is the mystery boards, that i have found recently:

How do you think what's exact model name?

P.S. Boards were sold  :confused: and already delivered to guy, you know so well.  :D
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 April 2016, 10:20:05 by mindgame »

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #582 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 11:23:49 »
Show Image

P.S. Boards were sold  :confused: and already delivered to guy, you know so well.  :D

I'm not sure what model, but damn those are some nice caps.

I'm sure Photekq will chime in and let you know the exact models when he sees this.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline mindgame

« Reply #583 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 06:11:16 »
I'm not sure what model, but damn those are some nice caps.

I'm sure Photekq will chime in and let you know the exact models when he sees this.
G81-3100SAV, and you are right - boards already belongs to Photekq :))

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #584 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 11:54:20 »
Welcome Ivan! ;D
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #585 on: Sun, 01 May 2016, 02:04:05 »
Hello Everyone!

I am here to stay.

Welcome to Geekhack!

Where!?!?!??!?!?!!

lol, this has changed the way I look at server rooms now. Just the other day I was salvaging a rack at a customers premise and found an old mitsumi keyboard... (rubber domes) so, I left it there. still looking for one of those industrial ssk's

From what I've read you'll have to look somewhere other than a server room for an industrial SSK.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #586 on: Sun, 01 May 2016, 02:05:44 »
Show Image

Welcome to Geekhack!

That's a nice couple of keyboards - a shame you couldn't keep them.

Sometimes I wonder what photekq does with all these keyboards!

Offline SRTroN

« Reply #587 on: Sun, 08 May 2016, 11:29:52 »
I suppose I can't just stay on /r/MK all the time, not with the amount I spend on buttons...

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #588 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 09:17:33 »
I suppose I can't just stay on /r/MK all the time, not with the amount I spend on buttons...

Welcome to WalletHack!

How's your keyboard arsenal coming along? :p

Offline elpiloto

« Reply #589 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 01:56:21 »
I'm taking the plunge...Started off with an IBM Model M a roommate just had in the attic, he sold it to me for $30! Eventually, bought a refurbished Corsair K60 but they ran out of stock after I ordered so they gave me a brand new one instead :).  I needed a keyboard for my new work desktop and thought mx browns were the switch for me. I picked up a CoolerMaster Quickfire Pro and two Vim keycaps for my escape button on both keyboards.  Now a friend of mine sold me a Das Keyboard 3 for $20 and I've been looking to replace the keys on them (they're blank and discolored).  Ordered some Tai-hao Miami (coming in Thursday!) and have just been drooling over all these artisan caps...I know I'm right at the brink of so much wallet sadness, but for now I just ordered some basic 3D-printed cthulu and pixel heart caps from shapeways and I'll paint them myself.

Offline _l2yuk3n_

« Reply #590 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 02:43:34 »
Been lurking on geekhack for a while, but realized that if I want to be able to get in on the next Penumbra release, I'd have to join the club sometime :)

I've got a CMStorm Quickfire TK with browns, a Pok3r backlit with clears, and a Massdrop Planck on the way (probably gonna put Zealios, 67g on that, maybe a few 78g ones on the arrow keys)

I'm a big fan of "TK" or "96" style boards, and I just missed out on the ZZ96 drop, so I think the board I'm most interested in right now is the B.mini EX X2...hopefully can get my hands on one of those soon!

Offline Securex

« Reply #591 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 19:45:07 »
Nice to meet you all. I'am security expert and software developer. I'm glad to join this forum

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #592 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 02:25:07 »

Welcome to Geekhack!

Joined more than a year ago - why the long pause before your first post?

Anyway, which keyboard/s have you got?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #593 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 02:28:26 »
I'm taking the plunge...Started off with an IBM Model M a roommate just had in the attic, he sold it to me for $30! Eventually, bought a refurbished Corsair K60 but they ran out of stock after I ordered so they gave me a brand new one instead :).  I needed a keyboard for my new work desktop and thought mx browns were the switch for me. I picked up a CoolerMaster Quickfire Pro and two Vim keycaps for my escape button on both keyboards.  Now a friend of mine sold me a Das Keyboard 3 for $20 and I've been looking to replace the keys on them (they're blank and discolored).  Ordered some Tai-hao Miami (coming in Thursday!) and have just been drooling over all these artisan caps...I know I'm right at the brink of so much wallet sadness, but for now I just ordered some basic 3D-printed cthulu and pixel heart caps from shapeways and I'll paint them myself.

Welcome to Geekhack!

That's quite a collection you've started - have you still got all those keyboards?

Also there's a few sweet deals in there - your wallet has survived well up to now ;)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #594 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 02:29:27 »
Been lurking on geekhack for a while, but realized that if I want to be able to get in on the next Penumbra release, I'd have to join the club sometime :)

I've got a CMStorm Quickfire TK with browns, a Pok3r backlit with clears, and a Massdrop Planck on the way (probably gonna put Zealios, 67g on that, maybe a few 78g ones on the arrow keys)

I'm a big fan of "TK" or "96" style boards, and I just missed out on the ZZ96 drop, so I think the board I'm most interested in right now is the B.mini EX X2...hopefully can get my hands on one of those soon!

Welcome to Geekhack!

A good variety of keyboards you have or are planning, which will give you experience of a few different switches.

Have you found a favourite switch yet?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #595 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 02:30:34 »
Nice to meet you all. I'am security expert and software developer. I'm glad to join this forum

Welcome to Geekhack!

What mechanical keyboard/s have you got?  Or are you seeking information upon which to base your first purchase?

Offline joinhandmade

• * Maker
  • www.jellykey.com
    • Jellykey website
« Reply #596 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 10:47:23 »
Thank you. It is very informative :)
Our website: https://www.jellykey.com
OurFacebook Page: https://www.fb.com/jellykey.joiha/
Our email: jelly.key@joiha.com

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #597 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 05:58:03 »

Offline Afterdispatch

• Afterdispatch
« Reply #598 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 15:41:25 »
Happy to join you all. Am a php coder, below are my few sample work

Custom PC builderhttp://www.pcpickerpro.co
Track courierhttp://www.afterdispatch.com

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #599 on: Fri, 20 May 2016, 23:07:46 »
FIXED
« Last Edit: Sat, 21 May 2016, 00:37:18 by demik »
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.