Author Topic: Logitech G410 -- $20 @ Staples  (Read 3749 times)

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
Re: Logitech G410 -- $20 @ Staples
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 21:56:58 »
Great find!  But I can't seem to find any in stock locally--mainly because it looks like their stock checker isn't working right. :(

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 02:00:53 »
Just curious—do these have the 1st-gen Romer switches, before they improved them? Could that be why they're so cheap?
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 21:35:13 »
Just curious—do these have the 1st-gen Romer switches, before they improved them? Could that be why they're so cheap?
I didn't know there were different versions of them.  I remember trying them at one point and my thoughts were that they didn't feel much better than a rubberdome.  Maybe I should try them again?

Offline Duckyreddy

• Better skadoodle, poodle.
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 21:44:44 »

I didn't know they made revisions to the switch!
I had some time to play with the G810 with Romer-G's and I can say they aren't terrible but not overly amazing either, not a fan of the short actuation but the switch was marketed to Gamers so I can respect that.

Ducky One Cherry MX Silent Reds

Leopold FC660M MX Blue
Logitech G403/ Razer Naga 2014

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 07 November 2017, 20:05:53 »

I had some time to play with the G810 with Romer-G's and I can say they aren't terrible but not overly amazing either, not a fan of the short actuation but the switch was marketed to Gamers so I can respect that.
Was this recently?  I wonder if you tried the new version or the older one?

Offline Duckyreddy

• Better skadoodle, poodle.
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 07 November 2017, 21:02:20 »

It was just last week I believe, is there a way to tell between the new and old?  :cool:

Ducky One Cherry MX Silent Reds

Leopold FC660M MX Blue
Logitech G403/ Razer Naga 2014

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 07 November 2017, 22:07:00 »

It was just last week I believe, is there a way to tell between the new and old?  :cool:
I dunno--your assessment was exactly what I thought of the switch I tried a year or two ago.  :))

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 01:58:31 »
I didn't know there were different versions of them.  I remember trying them at one point and my thoughts were that they didn't feel much better than a rubberdome.  Maybe I should try them again?

That's what I've gathered here and there—for example in this thread:

New Romer G aren't bad. They seem to be less mushy now and a bit smoother.

So I recently tried a G910 in store and it felt great!  Nothing like the old mushy Romer-G I remembered.

I think they updated the switches and HUGE improvements on stabilizers (back then was mushier than Cherry stabilizer, now it feels like Costar)...
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg