geekhack Community > Ergonomics

Clicky ergonomic

(1/4) > >>

marrt:
I'm trying to find an ergonomic kb with mechanical switches.  Preferably with tactile feedback.  I've looked for years for an IBM M15 and have given up.  I'm currently using a rare Reveal ergonomic with mechanical Alps switches.  It's not too bad but I was wondering if there were other options (other than DataDesk Smartboard which I didn't like too much).

Whiskey in the Jar-o:

--- Quote from: marrt;3182 ---I'm trying to find an ergonomic kb with mechanical switches.  Preferably with tactile feedback.  I've looked for years for an IBM M15 and have given up.  I'm currently using a rare Reveal ergonomic with mechanical Alps switches.  It's not too bad but I was wondering if there were other options (other than DataDesk Smartboard which I didn't like too much).
--- End quote ---

Reveal - never heard of it.  I have a Northgate Evolution though (white Alps):
http://c-techsys.com/products.html

I find it too hard on my fingers, though.  So I'm using the MS Natural Multimedia most of the time.  It's a membrane, but feels clicky enough, especially compared with the MS NEK4000.

marrt:
This kb may be older than you (lol)…it has an original XT style connector (pre-PS).  I’m guessing 1985 vintage. I think Reveal was a generic office products name.  

I looked at the Northgate once before.  I didn’t like the funky layout of the arrow keys.  
I used to have an original Northgate but threw it away a couple years ago once I made the move to ergonomic keyboards.  Should have kept it I guess.

Whiskey in the Jar-o:

--- Quote from: marrt;3186 ---This kb may be older than you (lol)…it has an original XT style connector (pre-PS).  I’m guessing 1985 vintage. I think Reveal was a generic office products name.  
--- End quote ---

Any pictures?

marrt:
Picture attached.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version