Author Topic: [GB] GMK Indigo // Shipping  (Read 147125 times)

Offline kspark324

Re: [GB] GMK Indigo // NorDeUK Added! Colors Approved!
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 26 August 2022, 15:15:37 »

Show Image

Are there any other pics of the alpha color? Looks a little more navy than I would think

Agreed, the alpha blue looks pretty far off from the renders

Offline jay6889

« Reply #51 on: Mon, 29 August 2022, 23:42:09 »
Hi all,

Apologies for the radio silence since the GB ended, but I'm here today with the first major production update...

Colors have been approved after only 1 round of sampling!

Show Image

Additionally, I'm very pleased to announce that though we will not be releasing sales numbers, the set did very well. Well enough in fact, that we have been able to add a comprehensive NorDeUK kit:

Show Image

This is was submitted along with the GB kits and will be made available for purchase once vendors post their extras (or preorders, depending on the vendor).

I'd also like to welcome aboard two additional vendors who will be selling extras once the set delivers: CandyKeys (EU) and Mekanisk (Norway)! Both will be stocking the new NorDeUK kit, in additional to several of the other kits.

The alpha looks little too dark than i thought, Wish it was more brighter than that

Offline ZAND4

« Reply #52 on: Fri, 02 September 2022, 13:27:15 »
Well, I love the color

Offline gtg465x

« Reply #53 on: Sun, 04 September 2022, 21:25:00 »
Yeah, alpha does match the color card, but both are pretty far off from the render. The render alphas look like the color of blue jeans (a slightly faded blue), but the sample looks like the color of blue chinos…. never seen any jeans that color.

Offline Bryan

« Reply #54 on: Mon, 05 September 2022, 09:07:11 »
I've gotta agree, the alpha's color sample and color card seem very far off from the renders. It looks way to saturated and darker.

Offline potato_panda-

« Reply #55 on: Mon, 12 September 2022, 23:39:13 »
https://i.imgur.com/8UslIF8.jpeg

Colour matching is a complicated process and its almost impossible to determine if something is colour matched based on pixels on a screen. The exact same keycaps might look completely different simply based on the angle or the lighting

https://i.imgur.com/W8DATL3.jpg

We should wait for the set to actually arrive before we can comment. If the colour matching really was poorly done, then i'll be raising my pitchforks too. In the meantime, if the designer wants to share the deltaE of the analysed colour compared to his chosen colours then that would be great. However, considering that this set has been rather secretive about information such as RAL colours and even final MOQ numbers, I doubt this will happen.

Offline Fredington

• Instagram
« Reply #56 on: Wed, 14 September 2022, 08:13:13 »
Here are some images of the samples in different types of lighting, so you can judge for yourself:

I have never been secretive about the color codes chosen. They were posted prominently for the duration of the IC, and I will post them again here: RAL 5000, RAL 5011, and RAL 5014. If you really want to see the colors for yourself, you can purchase the RAL K5 color book for $54 on Amazon. This is what both Space and I have been using as reference.

At the end of the day, the set will always be matched to the chosen color codes, not the renders. Of course, we try our best to produce accurate renders, but many factors can affect how the renders appear to any given viewer, including the lighting environment used in the renders, as well as the viewer's monitor's color settings. With renders, you are trying to communicate a physical 3D product in a digital 2D medium, which is never going to match perfectly. Ultimately, a render is just that--a render--and comes with its usual disclaimer. This is the one on Space's product page for all his GBs:

Kindly note that the images are of 3D renders and are for illustration purposes only. The final colors may differ slightly.

I picked these three colors due to their overall hues fitting the theme, as well as their distance from each other and hence, contrast. I am confident the colors and contrast of the final product will turn out great. Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: Wed, 14 September 2022, 08:37:30 by Fredington »

Offline involuntarysoul

« Reply #57 on: Sun, 02 April 2023, 02:28:54 »
please don't pull a GMK Nord, I have PTSD already

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #58 on: Sun, 02 April 2023, 09:53:11 »
please don't pull a GMK Nord, I have PTSD already

The colors are…right there above you in three different lights and have not deviated once from the colors chosen before the GB started. Nord colors all varied from the listed color standards, Gtrx didn’t have color standards for much of the matching process and admitted as such.

If you think they don’t look like the renders, that’s the point of the color standards. A ton of times I look up the colors and realize the render is probably in direct sunlight but not rendered as such. In a dim artificial room, GMK Red Dragon looks like the renders.

Offline Fredington

• Instagram
Re: [GB] GMK Indigo // Minor Novelty Changes, Ready for Production
« Reply #59 on: Wed, 19 April 2023, 12:40:31 »
Hi all,

Today, I have approved the renders from GMK and the set is now queued for production. We are expecting a July/August completion date.

Unfortunately, we had to make a small revision to the two Enter key novelties due to a production limitation according to GMK. In light of this news, Space and I tried a few different iterations of this artwork and ultimately landed on a version where no changes to the actual artwork were made other than moving it down slightly on the keycap:

While this is not ideal, we felt that this represented the least amount of change to the original spirit and intent of this novelty. Thanks for your understanding.

Offline Keybort_Alex

Re: [GB] GMK Indigo // Minor Novelty Changes, Queued for Production
« Reply #60 on: Sat, 22 April 2023, 03:39:58 »
Not a participant in this GB, but I will say that the alpha color does not look like the renders at all. We understand renders and IRL colors sometimes don’t match 1 to 1. However, I believe most people are buying the set based off of the stand alone kitting renders, and the renders of the set on different keyboards. If your vision was closer to the RAL colors you have chosen IRL, then you should try your hardest to make the renders appear more like what those RAL colors look like IRL.

Offline crucifiedpooh

« Reply #61 on: Tue, 25 April 2023, 14:37:38 »
Is this accurate? The accent color seems like the alpha color to me.
298606-0

Offline involuntarysoul

« Reply #62 on: Tue, 25 April 2023, 19:53:42 »
Is this accurate? The accent color seems like the alpha color to me.
(Attachment Link)

the accent and mod looks fine, but the alpha is way off, might as well rename the set to GMK Khaki

Offline jay6889

« Reply #63 on: Mon, 04 September 2023, 04:39:31 »
Any update?

Offline Fredington

• Instagram
Re: [GB] GMK Indigo // Shipping
« Reply #64 on: Wed, 13 September 2023, 11:30:16 »
Sets are in transit to vendors. I think European vendors have already received theirs. I know Proto[Typist] has already shipped out their orders.

Offline gtg465x

« Reply #65 on: Tue, 24 October 2023, 09:21:16 »
What’s up with Space? Seems like extras are already available from some vendors, but I still don’t have shipping from the primary vendor almost a month after the estimated ship month. Oh well, probably going to try to sell anyways because customer photos are emerging and the alphas look nothing like the renders, as we all thought. Guess I learned my lesson to buy my own RAL book instead of trusting renders.
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 October 2023, 09:28:07 by gtg465x »

Offline keeboredguy

« Reply #66 on: Fri, 24 November 2023, 01:02:14 »
Anyone have irl pictures of this set? Would love to have a look at it.

Offline vhaarr

« Reply #67 on: Fri, 24 November 2023, 11:32:04 »
There's a few good ones here that convinced me to pick up GMK Indigo for my navy Arc60: https://www.zfrontier.com/app/flow/36G3NZ0Rg3E5
Let the Holy Handgrenades rain.
Hammering on an old Happy Hacking Pro 2. Still going strong!

Offline involuntarysoul

« Reply #68 on: Fri, 24 November 2023, 18:42:19 »
the alpha color came out awful, deskmat is a banger though

Offline keeboredguy

« Reply #69 on: Sun, 26 November 2023, 05:11:04 »
Yea looking at the photos in the link that vhaarr shared, alphas doesn't even look close to the renderings. Looks more like striker lmao.

*edit: Looking closer none of the colors actually match the renders at all.
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 November 2023, 05:14:09 by keeboredguy »

Offline vhaarr

« Reply #70 on: Mon, 27 November 2023, 10:05:40 »
Oh wow, I didn't even notice I never looked at the original IC/GB post LOL

I just bought Indigo the day before I made that comment above because of those photos in the zfrontier post. I've been having real problems getting a set with nordeuk support that fits well with the deep navy ano of the Arc60, so I was happy when I saw that post and found a store with base+nordeuk in stock :-)

Obviously when I bought the Arc60 I had a different set in mind for it, but when the Arc60 and keycap set arrived THAT keycap set also didn't match the render colors so it didn't really fit haha
Let the Holy Handgrenades rain.
Hammering on an old Happy Hacking Pro 2. Still going strong!