Author Topic: [GB] SA Oblivion - CONCLUDED  (Read 280106 times)

Offline lee jeong woo

Re: [GB] SA Oblivion (Group Buy concluded, awaiting production)
« Reply #800 on: Tue, 26 September 2017, 07:58:59 »
Is this the start of the waiting line?

Show Image

right~

Offline viridius

Re: [GB] SA Oblivion (LIVE on Massdrop)
« Reply #801 on: Tue, 26 September 2017, 09:06:47 »
Edit: Regarding VIM and extended Colevrak: Let's get on that once this GB has wrapped up. I don't want to burden MD much more as they are already generous with buying out remaining kits. We should be able to get those done privately.

I'm totally in for a VIM kit.

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #802 on: Tue, 26 September 2017, 09:33:26 »
Edit: Regarding VIM and extended Colevrak: Let's get on that once this GB has wrapped up. I don't want to burden MD much more as they are already generous with buying out remaining kits. We should be able to get those done privately.

I'll tackle these on the weekend, need to finish up the production guide for SP today and stuff.

Offline robotsokk

« Reply #803 on: Wed, 27 September 2017, 08:46:22 »
I'll tackle these on the weekend, need to finish up the production guide for SP today and stuff.

I'm interested in VIM keys as well, so glad to hear they're being considered  :thumb:

Just curious, but what's the production guide? No worries if it's some top-secret thing you can't talk about...
@home      @work Swapping out boards... coming soon     wtb

Offline mbsurfer

« Reply #804 on: Wed, 27 September 2017, 11:08:27 »

I talked to potatowire/vimcaps.com who said he planned on running an Oblivion Vim caps GB, similar to his Carbon Vim caps GB. I don't think he's started the process yet, but may want to chat with him.

Offline clappingcactus

« Reply #805 on: Wed, 27 September 2017, 13:23:09 »

I talked to potatowire/vimcaps.com who said he planned on running an Oblivion Vim caps GB, similar to his Carbon Vim caps GB. I don't think he's started the process yet, but may want to chat with him.

So I'm a little bit more up to date on this. Potatowire will be doing a GB with various sets' Vimcaps all in one (Oblivion included). But I don't know what part of the process they are at.

Offline Oblotzky

Re: [GB] SA Oblivion (Awaiting production, VIM and Colevrak extension WIP)
« Reply #806 on: Thu, 28 September 2017, 03:13:48 »

Any complaints? Not sure about an R1 1u key. Going by VIM colors it should also be green but wouldn't fit in with the Oblivion color distribution then, and not sure if people would want it in orange/red.

I added potatowire on Skype so we'll figure stuff out, maybe he can run the Colevrak extension I'm doing now too
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 September 2017, 06:11:16 by Oblotzky »

Offline mbsurfer

« Reply #807 on: Thu, 28 September 2017, 07:59:32 »
Show Image

Show Image

Any complaints? Not sure about an R1 1u key. Going by VIM colors it should also be green but wouldn't fit in with the Oblivion color distribution then, and not sure if people would want it in orange/red.

I added potatowire on Skype so we'll figure stuff out, maybe he can run the Colevrak extension I'm doing now too

I personally would want an R1 1u Vim key, but, like you said, the green vs. red is a toss up as it won't stop me from buying either way.

Offline poolside

« Reply #808 on: Thu, 28 September 2017, 15:52:36 »
These vim caps are a great addition to Oblivion. Any similar plans for GMK Oblivion?

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #809 on: Thu, 28 September 2017, 15:55:03 »
These vim caps are a great addition to Oblivion. Any similar plans for GMK Oblivion?

I think that would go better with a R2 of GMK Oblivion since that's happening sooner as a R2 for SA I'm pretty sure. A SA VIM kit would only need like 25-50 buyers or so, and we just wrapped the GB up with over a thousand people joining. For GMK we'd need 250 kits made due to custom color. MOQ for custom colors is only lower if it's a child kit and you're already buying 500+ base kits or so, but that's basically already over now. So lets wait for R1 sets to get out there and rile up demand for R2 ;)
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 September 2017, 15:57:37 by Oblotzky »

Offline Hypocaffeinic

« Reply #810 on: Fri, 29 September 2017, 04:47:16 »
Drop closed whilst I was travelling interstate with work and missed emails that my payment didn't go through - I'd selected wrong account on Paypal, but with multiple flights didn't even check emails for a couple days. Sooooo if anyone wants to offload Hagoromo Alphas and either Oblivion or Git Modifiers, well congratulations, you've found your buyer!!  :-*

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #811 on: Fri, 29 September 2017, 17:00:36 »
I'll just let you decide if you want the orangered or green 1u cap. Technically green would be actually more in line with the Oblivion color theme since the addition of orangered was done by me personally. And I guess this kit won't be too cheap, but I don't like half-assing things so... but it's a dope kit not many will have!

Also Colevrak Extension kit:

« Last Edit: Sun, 01 October 2017, 04:25:49 by Oblotzky »

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #812 on: Fri, 29 September 2017, 22:57:25 »
I don't even use vim but I'm in for one of those kits! (plus the Colevrak extension of course)

Would love to see the Colevrak extension become a standard kit, whether it gets added to the existing Colevrak kits or sold separately!

Offline poolside

« Reply #813 on: Sat, 30 September 2017, 01:02:20 »

I think that would go better with a R2 of GMK Oblivion since that's happening sooner as a R2 for SA I'm pretty sure. A SA VIM kit would only need like 25-50 buyers or so, and we just wrapped the GB up with over a thousand people joining. For GMK we'd need 250 kits made due to custom color. MOQ for custom colors is only lower if it's a child kit and you're already buying 500+ base kits or so, but that's basically already over now. So lets wait for R1 sets to get out there and rile up demand for R2 ;)

Oops, I forgot that custom-color MOQ hurdle with GMK.

I'll just let you decide if you want the orangered or green 1u cap. Technically green would be actually more in line with the Oblivion color theme since the addition of orangered was done by me personally. And I guess this kit won't be too cheap, but I don't like half-assing things so... but it's a dope kit not many will have!

Show Image

Show Image

Red, so that it doesn't clash with the green R3 caps from the Oblivion and Git mods.

Offline ctrl

« Reply #814 on: Sat, 30 September 2017, 03:35:57 »

Show Image

Show Image

I'm definitely in for Colevrak extension! Considering the Vim kit too if it won't be too expensive. Do you have preliminary prices for the kits yet, Oblotzky?
« Last Edit: Sun, 01 October 2017, 17:56:03 by ctrl »

Offline Scarhoof

« Reply #815 on: Wed, 04 October 2017, 19:39:24 »
Looking good!

Offline skaloola

« Reply #816 on: Thu, 05 October 2017, 04:36:32 »
Show Image

Show Image

Would like a 1u key as well, even if it's not the Vim logo.. (would likely use it as leader/function/esc key)

maybe something from here?  https://github.com/ryanoasis/vim-devicons/wiki/Screenshots

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #817 on: Fri, 06 October 2017, 00:16:54 »
Sales data visualized by dvorcol

Offline ctrl

« Reply #818 on: Fri, 06 October 2017, 01:14:56 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Thanks for this! I had a few kits close to reaching their next price drop, but noticed my bill showed the same amount as before. I was wondering how things went.

Feeling extra good about deciding on the Monochrome OSX kit. It would've been a hard time trying to get hold of it in the aftermarket! In the end I decided to go SpaceCadet. Those blue accent keys were slow burners that sucked me in in the end.
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 October 2017, 01:21:46 by ctrl »

Offline Blazestorm

« Reply #819 on: Fri, 06 October 2017, 01:15:52 »
Drop closed whilst I was travelling interstate with work and missed emails that my payment didn't go through - I'd selected wrong account on Paypal, but with multiple flights didn't even check emails for a couple days. Sooooo if anyone wants to offload Hagoromo Alphas and either Oblivion or Git Modifiers, well congratulations, you've found your buyer!!  :-*

I bought 2 sets (one of each color/modifier, no monochrome). You can ping me once they ship and see if I still want my 2nd one or not =)

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #820 on: Fri, 06 October 2017, 01:46:52 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Thanks for this! I had a few kits close to reaching their next price drop, but noticed my bill showed the same amount as before. I was wondering how things went.

Oh that reminds me, the Hagoromo Numpad reached 200+ units after closing, so it dropped 5$. Yanbo told me that amount should be seen as a refund soonish for those that bought it.

Offline robotsokk

« Reply #821 on: Fri, 06 October 2017, 02:37:48 »
Oh that reminds me, the Hagoromo Numpad reached 200+ units after closing, so it dropped 5$. Yanbo told me that amount should be seen as a refund soonish for those that bought it.

Hooray  :)

Offline Trousers

« Reply #822 on: Sat, 07 October 2017, 01:39:56 »

Dear god, I was abot to faint. I woke up, saw that there were two emails on my phone, one subject line talking about Massdrop and SA Oblivion, the other about a PayPal refund. First I thought my order had been cancelled.

Offline ELLIOTTCABLE

« Reply #823 on: Sun, 15 October 2017, 01:56:10 »
Hi! I'm new to this forum - hell, to mechanical keyboards. (I've used Mac laptops, and Apple-branded low-profile USB keyboards, since the dawn of time; this is a big step for me! :P)

Vimcaps-style keys are one of the primary reasons that I'm interested in mechanical keyboards - but it looks like I arrived too late, and this whole thing is already over? Is this really "massdrop"-only, or is there a way to purchase vimcaps outside of the link in the OP?

Forgive a newbie probably making himself look like an idiot, and thanks for any help! <3

Offline mastermachetier

« Reply #824 on: Sun, 15 October 2017, 04:05:05 »
Is it to late to get in on this group buy?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Offline pon10

• looking at my keycaps..
« Reply #825 on: Sun, 15 October 2017, 07:11:47 »
2 Norde kits in one gb! x2 sets deep in  :thumb:  Thanks for making the set Oblotzky!

Offline robotsokk

« Reply #826 on: Sun, 15 October 2017, 12:14:25 »
Hi! I'm new to this forum - hell, to mechanical keyboards. (I've used Mac laptops, and Apple-branded low-profile USB keyboards, since the dawn of time; this is a big step for me! :P)

Vimcaps-style keys are one of the primary reasons that I'm interested in mechanical keyboards - but it looks like I arrived too late, and this whole thing is already over? Is this really "massdrop"-only, or is there a way to purchase vimcaps outside of the link in the OP?

Forgive a newbie probably making himself look like an idiot, and thanks for any help! <3

Welcome :)

Also, to your questions -- yes, you are too late for the group buy that was run for the Oblivion set on Massdrop (https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-oblotzky-sa-oblivion-custom-keycap-set?mode=guest_open). However, if you're specifically just interested in VIM keycaps for your MX-compatible mech keyboard, I'd recommend signing up for the newsletter on Potatowire's site https://vimcaps.com/ (I've ordered his VIM caps before and I'm very happy with them). I believe that design for VIM caps specifically for the Oblivion set that ran are still being designed/under consideration and a formal buy for them has not begun yet. The one thing to keep in mind for the VIM caps is to ensure that the profile you pick for them works with what keycap set you plan on using. E.g. if you want to order the Carbon-colorway SA-profile VIM keycaps currently on vimcaps.com, you'll need to make sure you have an SA set to go along with them. Here's a quick reference on the SA keycap profile from Signature Plastics (this is the profile used both by Oblivion and Carbon): https://deskthority.net/wiki/Signature_Plastics_SA_family.

Summary:
- If you want VIM style caps, you can either order the SA Carbon VIM caps set (which should ship sometime around spring next year), or keep an eye on this thread/sign up for the VIM caps newsletter for any announcement around VIM caps that can be ordered in the Oblivion colorway (but I would caution against expecting them anytime before summer of next year). SP just has a large backlog of SA sets to manufacture, and these are made-to-order, so turnaround time is not trivial.
- If you're specifically interested in the Oblivion colorway, see point above about VIM caps. But for the set itself, yes it's too late to get in on the group buy. So you'll want to keep an eye out on classifieds/mechmarket next year for folks that decide they don't want to keep their sets (they won't be cheap), and there's a slim chance that Massdrop might have extras for kits from Oblivion and other sets and do a sale.
- And if you just want some SA caps now, consider classifieds as mentioned above, or order some that are already in stock on SP's consumer keycap direct sale website: https://pimpmykeyboard.com/

Cheers.

Offline nurbs

« Reply #827 on: Sun, 15 October 2017, 22:02:46 »
Apologize if this has already been asked (this is a huge thread), but I joined the Massdrop GB, and as of last week ordered a keyboard that requires the Minila modifiers.

Since this is after the fact, is there a way for me to get this Minila set? I emailed the folks a Massdrop and it was a flat "no", so just trying my luck here.

Thanks!

Offline Atredl

« Reply #828 on: Sun, 15 October 2017, 22:04:19 »
Apologize if this has already been asked (this is a huge thread), but I joined the Massdrop GB, and as of last week ordered a keyboard that requires the Minila modifiers.

Since this is after the fact, is there a way for me to get this Minila set? I emailed the folks a Massdrop and it was a flat "no", so just trying my luck here.

Thanks!
You might be able to buy the kit off of someone once they have shipped. Until then, happy waiting!

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #829 on: Wed, 08 November 2017, 02:39:22 »
Any word on the VIM and Colevrak extension kits? :)

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #830 on: Wed, 08 November 2017, 08:54:14 »

Hey, sorry for the long silence on this. I will try to get this to GB asap, I had to wait for permission from Massdrop (I signed a contract that gives them timed exclusivity for SA Oblivion, about till when it ships out) so I wanted to make sure this is all good, which it is. I've poked potatowire and waiting for him to get back to me. We already have pricing etc from SP.

Offline mbsurfer

« Reply #831 on: Wed, 08 November 2017, 09:29:45 »

Hey, sorry for the long silence on this. I will try to get this to GB asap, I had to wait for permission from Massdrop (I signed a contract that gives them timed exclusivity for SA Oblivion, about till when it ships out) so I wanted to make sure this is all good, which it is. I've poked potatowire and waiting for him to get back to me. We already have pricing etc from SP.

Awesome to hear! Will definitely be in for a VIM kit!

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #832 on: Thu, 09 November 2017, 01:33:31 »

Awesome :D I didn't want to be all naggy, appreciate the quick update and the good news on all fronts!

Offline atectatifern

« Reply #833 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 16:28:11 »

Sweet!
Awesome to hear! Will definitely be in for a VIM kit!

Offline l3nnys

« Reply #834 on: Fri, 29 December 2017, 14:36:32 »
Following!
Can't wait for my SA Oblivion set <3

Offline Wetherbee

« Reply #835 on: Fri, 29 December 2017, 15:33:16 »
Missed this. Hoping for Round 2.

Offline alisonica

« Reply #836 on: Fri, 29 December 2017, 17:58:58 »

Missed this. In dusseldorf, please, if there are any spares, senpai, onegaishimasu bitte.

Offline potatowire

« Reply #837 on: Mon, 15 January 2018, 18:57:29 »
Hello all,

After too long a delay, I would like to open up sales of the Oblivion Vimcaps and the Colevrak expansion pack. Oblotzky set the colorway and options, and I will be fulfilling the orders. These keys will be produced by SP at the end of August 2018, so I will get them sent out to individuals shortly thereafter.

Details are on my site, but the Vimcaps set is $39.50 and the Colevrak set is $29.50. Shipping for most people will be $3 within the US and $13 outside the US.

Let me know if you have any questions.
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 January 2018, 19:08:01 by potatowire »

Offline lovetree

« Reply #838 on: Mon, 15 January 2018, 19:44:40 »
Hello all,

After too long a delay, I would like to open up sales of the Oblivion Vimcaps and the Colevrak expansion pack. Oblotzky set the colorway and options, and I will be fulfilling the orders. These keys will be produced by SP at the end of August 2018, so I will get them sent out to individuals shortly thereafter.

Details are on my site, but the Vimcaps set is $39.50 and the Colevrak set is $29.50. Shipping for most people will be $3 within the US and $13 outside the US.

Joined!

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #839 on: Tue, 16 January 2018, 03:15:10 »
Got my order in also!

I'd love to see those Colevrak keys added to the base Colevrak kits moving forward. Even if it adds a bit to the cost, more inclusivity is good 👍

Offline mbsurfer

« Reply #840 on: Tue, 16 January 2018, 07:53:22 »
Order placed! Thanks for all the work guys

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #841 on: Tue, 16 January 2018, 08:01:15 »
Thanks, just joined the vimcaps also.

Offline ctrl

« Reply #842 on: Wed, 17 January 2018, 03:52:49 »
Hello all,

Nice work!

What's the deadline for joining and what's the MOQ?

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #843 on: Wed, 17 January 2018, 03:55:00 »
Hello all,

Nice work!

50 for VIM, 25 for Colevrak extension. duration unknown, I'd say a month (so ~mid feb), I'll probably buy out remaining units if needed and it's not too many.

Offline ctrl

« Reply #844 on: Wed, 17 January 2018, 04:48:22 »
Hello all,

Nice work!

50 for VIM, 25 for Colevrak extension. duration unknown, I'd say a month (so ~mid feb), I'll probably buy out remaining units if needed and it's not too many.

Great! Plenty of time to wait for the next paycheck then. :D

Eyeing that Colevrak extension first and foremost. Maybe the VIM kit too. The monochrome VIM key looks really good!

Offline ctrl

Re: [GB] SA Oblivion (Awaiting production, VIM and Colevrak Extension LIVE)
« Reply #845 on: Tue, 30 January 2018, 04:01:00 »
In for that Colevrak kit. :thumb:

Offline Swefen

• UK based SA Loverboy
« Reply #846 on: Mon, 05 February 2018, 03:54:14 »
I've just been speaking to a guy on /r/mechmarket about buying his spot in this group buy - is that possible? I'd really love to get in but I'm not sure what I'd need to ask for to be sure of taking the slot - would you need my email or deets?

Offline ihalatch

« Reply #847 on: Mon, 05 February 2018, 05:18:47 »
I've just been speaking to a guy on /r/mechmarket about buying his spot in this group buy - is that possible? I'd really love to get in but I'm not sure what I'd need to ask for to be sure of taking the slot - would you need my email or deets?

Massdrop GB ... not sure how you can buy his spot?

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #848 on: Mon, 05 February 2018, 05:26:28 »

Massdrop is handling all logistics. I believe some people in the past have just changed their shipping address to the one of the person they sold their sets to, but if you aren't located in the same country I guess that might not be possible. Also I cannot fully endorse this approach, I have no idea what MD's stance on that is either. IMO Best to have him receive the kits and then send to you and bill you via PayPal for buyer protection.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #849 on: Mon, 05 February 2018, 19:59:06 »

i do not endorse this

it's relatively risky

you're better off just buying the set after the GB ships
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90