Author Topic: Access IS AKC-090 Working!  (Read 2297 times)

Offline Inf3rn0_44

Access IS AKC-090 Working!
« on: Mon, 06 February 2012, 22:19:47 »
My News!

This is my very first mechanical keyboard. It has Cherry MX Blacks. A total mess of random keycaps and O rings for damping. I have confirmed my thoughts on linear switches.. I love EM! Much better than the regular domes!

Real news!

I have gotten the programming for the keyboard to be fully functional!
Turns out it was Windows 7 and when I tried it on XP it worked like a charm the first time!

Pictures!

Cleaned board and also cleaned keycaps :)

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 39515[/ATTACH]   [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 39514[/ATTACH]   [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 39523[/ATTACH]

These are a bit yellow.. Anyway I could whiten them?

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 39512[/ATTACH]

Keycap Profile (The thumb keys are actually very comfortable)

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 39517[/ATTACH]     [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 39520[/ATTACH]

Layout (Sorry for the ugly arrangement of random keys) Wanna donate some?

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 39518[/ATTACH]     [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 39519[/ATTACH]

Size Comparison to the old G15v2
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 39521[/ATTACH]     [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 39522[/ATTACH]

Programmed Layout - Needs Work (Still getting used to backspace)

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 39524[/ATTACH]

Thank Yous:

Big thanks to Ascaii for selling the board and extra caps to me. Amazing communication, thanks man!

Another big thank you goes to hoggy for all the information he gave me, layouts, the keyboard itself too! Couldn't have done it without you!

Another thanks to Access IS for the customer service. They actually listened and responded soon. They also hinted toward trying to use it on XP since they also had problems on Windows 7.

My question to you!

What do you guys think? Not bad for first mechanical amirite?
|IMO 1.0 Frankenmouse WMO Internals |
|Access-IS AKC090 Ghetto Reds w/ O-Rings |

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 06 February 2012, 22:28:39 »
Congratulations on getting it started programmed. I know you had a hard time with softprog the other day. LOL, so they know themselves that it doesn't work worth a f*ck on vista/7... wish they would fix it.
It's defiantly a well made board, and I like mine as a control deck. I can't type on it at all though, too many years of using a staggered layout is too much to get used to. Maybe if I forced myself to use it as an everyday board I would adapt, but nah...

Offline Inf3rn0_44

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 06 February 2012, 22:35:12 »
Quote from: lysol;507861
Congratulations on getting it started programmed. I know you had a hard time with softprog the other day. LOL, so they know themselves that it doesn't work worth a f*ck on vista/7... wish they would fix it.
It's defiantly a well made board, and I like mine as a control deck. I can't type on it at all though, too many years of using a staggered layout is too much to get used to. Maybe if I forced myself to use it as an everyday board I would adapt, but nah...

Yeah man, I know win 7 was a ***** to me. Thank god for XP right? Hahaha :D
It is a very sturdy board indeed, I am actually close to my old typing speed all ready and I have only used it for a single day.
The typematrix 2030 I had gave me a really good feel for matrix, and its easy to learn on anyway.
Well I am glad you liked it, I have loads more ideas for this keyboard. With all sorts of new layouts and possible mods. :D
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 February 2012, 16:53:25 by Inf3rn0_44 »

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 06 February 2012, 22:37:28 »
If you want any of the 2x keys REVENGE and changdrew probably still have a bunch they would like to get rid of. I got a bunch of cool keys off both of them last week.

Offline Inf3rn0_44

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 06 February 2012, 23:07:46 »
Quote from: lysol;507869
If you want any of the 2x keys REVENGE and changdrew probably still have a bunch they would like to get rid of. I got a bunch of cool keys off both of them last week.

PM some pics, I'll let yah know!
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 February 2012, 16:53:07 by Inf3rn0_44 »

Offline Inf3rn0_44

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 06 February 2012, 23:09:26 »
Just for fun I created some pixel art for the board. ;D

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 39529[/ATTACH]
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 February 2012, 23:11:34 by Inf3rn0_44 »

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 06 February 2012, 23:25:44 »
I don't have a digital handy, but they both have sale thread with pics in the classifieds. I wasn't offering the ones I got, but letting you know where you might get some.

Offline hoggy

• * Ergonomics Moderator
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 07 February 2012, 00:10:55 »
Looks good.  I really like the way you've done the thumb keys! (which means I'll borrow the idea).

You can get blanking tiles that seal off a key switch.  Really need to get them from a donor board though.  The access ones are a total ***** to remove, but look really quite smart.  The tipro ones look almost as good, but are so much easier to remove (in fact you don't need to remove the surrounding keys and pry at them with your finger nails...)

Instead of the more conventional tenkeyless entry route, you've gone a for a compact but still split matrix.  Excellent start to your collection.
GH Ergonomic Guide (in progress)
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54680.0

Offline fuah

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 07 February 2012, 15:20:47 »
Beautiful keyboard man!

I'm (patiently) waiting for one of these to come up on ebay :]

Offline Inf3rn0_44

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 07 February 2012, 16:32:30 »
Quote from: hoggy;507936
Looks good.  I really like the way you've done the thumb keys! (which means I'll borrow the idea).

You can get blanking tiles that seal off a key switch.  Really need to get them from a donor board though.  The access ones are a total ***** to remove, but look really quite smart.  The tipro ones look almost as good, but are so much easier to remove (in fact you don't need to remove the surrounding keys and pry at them with your finger nails...)

Instead of the more conventional tenkeyless entry route, you've gone a for a compact but still split matrix.  Excellent start to your collection.

Yeah the thumb keys are really nice. One of my favorite features too! I need some of those tiles, if you find any of those on sale anywhere I would be happy to buy them. I want to do an even more split layout. Like the one you have posted with the double spaced Dvorak layout. Now I just have to install XP on a partition on my gaming computer. Oh and thanks :D
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 February 2012, 16:52:51 by Inf3rn0_44 »

Offline Inf3rn0_44

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 07 February 2012, 16:51:29 »
Quote from: fuah;508496
Beautiful keyboard man!

I'm (patiently) waiting for one of these to come up on ebay :]

Thank You! I am glad you like it :) and I hope you can find one too.