Author Topic: Unpopular Keyboard Opinions  (Read 1268586 times)

Offline asgeirtj

Re: Unpopular Keyboard Opinions
« Reply #3200 on: Wed, 23 November 2016, 07:22:45 »
With 65%, 75%, and 1800-esque custom boards it looks really stupid to do a bottom row of |1.25|1.25|1.25|   6.25   |1.5|1.5|.

Just do a winkeyless row of four 1.5u mods and a 7u spacebar, much better aesthetics.

Gross.

|1.25|1.25|1.25|   6.25   |1|1|1|  <== infinitely superior to everything you just said.

The 7u spacebar is an obnoxious waste of keyboard real estate.  I'm pretty sure it was invented as a cruel joke.

Best aesthetics and functionality: 1,5x1x(blocker)1,5x7x1,5x1x(blocker)1,5x.  I use the right ctrl for winkey so I don't need the winkey but it's not a dealbreaker if I have to have a 1x winkey, it can be used for caps lock for example, just pros and cons, else the caps lock is prtscr or something.  But with the blocker it is the best aesthetics since 1x function keys are ugly and if you have an alu case it showcases the case more (mind that the blocker must be a part of the case not, a standalone blocker which you insert and remove, that's digusting).  Also, very important, is that 1,5x1x1,5x makes for the best ALT reachability since it's closest to your thumb, you can also you og sets with it which have A profile which makes it even easier to reach.  This is an AWESOME privilege since who doesn't alt tab a million times a day?
Leopold FC900 w/ 67g Purple Zealios - Silver Duck Octagon w/ 62 Purple Zealios

Offline Data

« Reply #3201 on: Wed, 23 November 2016, 08:43:33 »
With 65%, 75%, and 1800-esque custom boards it looks really stupid to do a bottom row of |1.25|1.25|1.25|   6.25   |1.5|1.5|.

Just do a winkeyless row of four 1.5u mods and a 7u spacebar, much better aesthetics.

Gross.

|1.25|1.25|1.25|   6.25   |1|1|1|  <== infinitely superior to everything you just said.

The 7u spacebar is an obnoxious waste of keyboard real estate.  I'm pretty sure it was invented as a cruel joke.

Best aesthetics and functionality: 1,5x1x(blocker)1,5x7x1,5x1x(blocker)1,5x.  I use the right ctrl for winkey so I don't need the winkey but it's not a dealbreaker if I have to have a 1x winkey, it can be used for caps lock for example, just pros and cons, else the caps lock is prtscr or something.  But with the blocker it is the best aesthetics since 1x function keys are ugly and if you have an alu case it showcases the case more (mind that the blocker must be a part of the case not, a standalone blocker which you insert and remove, that's digusting).  Also, very important, is that 1,5x1x1,5x makes for the best ALT reachability since it's closest to your thumb, you can also you og sets with it which have A profile which makes it even easier to reach.  This is an AWESOME privilege since who doesn't alt tab a million times a day?

Ugh, blockers.  Don't even get me started. 

Offline YoshiCaps

• yes, oh god no.
« Reply #3202 on: Wed, 23 November 2016, 08:48:53 »
I have multiple.

1: Topres are terrible switches, they feel like a mushy mx browns, that I like. :D

2: Levovo scissor switches on their thinkpad laptops feel like total mush- they start to get stiff after one month of use.

3. Blue and green switches are too clicky for my tastes.

4. Linear reds aren't that bad, they just feel non tactile and are good for typing.

5. Razer greens (greetech browns painted green) are actually quite pleseant, while their blue clones and mecha-membranes suck.

6. I prefer tkl.

7. Cooler Master's Micro USB Cables for their boards, specficcly the rapid i, are awful.

Hope u agree!  :D
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 November 2016, 08:51:01 by yoshilikesmxbrowns »
hi.

Offline menuhin

« Reply #3203 on: Wed, 23 November 2016, 08:57:55 »

Gross.

What keys do you assign to your bottom row? (in Windows or Linux)
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline Data

« Reply #3204 on: Wed, 23 November 2016, 09:47:51 »

Gross.

What keys do you assign to your bottom row? (in Windows or Linux)

It varies.  Usually:

[CTRL] [WIN] [ALT] [   SPACE   ] [ALT] [MENU/APP] [FN]

Especially if the rest of the row is the bottom arrow keys (as in 75%).

If it's a standard 104 or TKL ANSI 125 then I use the default.

Offline drevyek

« Reply #3205 on: Wed, 23 November 2016, 14:54:33 »
2: Levovo scissor switches on their thinkpad laptops feel like total mush- they start to get stiff after one month of use.
The keycaps are actually one of the best parts- they have a subtle cylindrical shape to them, makiing them a lot nicer to type on. the switches themselves are, I would say, par. A bit heavy for my tastes, and a bit spongy at the bottom (typing this on a thinkpad board right now). However, the tactility is really quite good- very sharp. Better than most laptop keyboards. Plus, the layout is really nice- having the pgup/pgdn keys right by the cursor keys is very helpful. If only they allowed the board to be remapped properly (aka, using the fn key for more then media keys).

3. Blue and green switches are too clicky for my tastes.
Too high pitched. They sound grating after using them for extended periods, and the click doesn't really add anything. I'm all about that BS click though- exactly at the point of actuation, too.

6. I prefer tkl.
Sure. I've moved away from Full sized recently, mostly for the added desk space and mouse access. Not too unpopular an opinion.

Offline MandrewDavis

• Chasin' That Neon Rainbow
« Reply #3206 on: Wed, 23 November 2016, 15:02:38 »
@Data don't you have a GH122? Why are you worried about space haha
I've come to view humanity as predominantly monkey business.

My Classifieds Thread

Offline zslane

« Reply #3207 on: Wed, 23 November 2016, 16:16:01 »
Here are some really unpopular opinions, especially around here:

1. Anything IBM made after their (sphericals) beamspring era is prosaic trash only fit for incineration. Even burial in a landfill is too good for it.

2. Same thing applies to anything that copies the aesthetics of #1.

3. Same thing applies to cylindrical keycaps of any era, from any manufacturer.

4. TKLs are a waste of decent mechanical keyboard components.

5. Full-board RGB backlighting is a crime against humanity.

6. Unsilenced switches are an inexcusable compromise of quality for cost savings.

7. "Ergonomics", as applied to keyboards, is nothing but a marketing gimmick.

Offline YoshiCaps

• yes, oh god no.
« Reply #3208 on: Wed, 23 November 2016, 16:17:57 »
Here are some really unpopular opinions, especially around here:

1. Anything IBM made after their (sphericals) beamspring era is prosaic trash only fit for incineration. Even burial in a landfill is too good for it.

2. Same thing applies to anything that copies the aesthetics of #1.

3. Same thing applies to cylindrical keycaps of any era, from any manufacturer.

4. TKLs are a waste of decent mechanical keyboard components.

5. Full-board RGB backlighting is a crime against humanity.

6. Unsilenced switches are an inexcusable compromise of quality for cost savings.

bruh
hi.

Offline zslane

« Reply #3209 on: Wed, 23 November 2016, 16:20:39 »
Hey, I figure if you're gonna have controversial opinions, have them with passion and conviction!  :p

Offline cribbit

« Reply #3210 on: Thu, 24 November 2016, 07:51:29 »

Where do you draw the line? The word 'ergonomic' being used in advertising material for the board? Because otherwise any change to a keyboard could be considered ergonomics, even just mechanical switches over rubber domes.

My view is that ergonomics is a widely abused marketing term and that people need to be better in touch with what works for them. Not everyone's hands/arms/wrists/posture has the same 'correct' spot.
I typed this post on my Slanck. I also developed a stronger, cleaner, easier handwiring method.

Offline YoshiCaps

• yes, oh god no.
« Reply #3211 on: Thu, 24 November 2016, 08:44:02 »

Where do you draw the line? The word 'ergonomic' being used in advertising material for the board? Because otherwise any change to a keyboard could be considered ergonomics, even just mechanical switches over rubber domes.

My view is that ergonomics is a widely abused marketing term and that people need to be better in touch with what works for them. Not everyone's hands/arms/wrists/posture has the same 'correct' spot.
What it should be is ergonomic like this, or anotgher way, ergonomic for one person. like i love tkl but hate any other layout.
hi.

Offline Data

« Reply #3212 on: Fri, 25 November 2016, 15:03:48 »
@Data don't you have a GH122? Why are you worried about space haha

Well yeah.  And I've thrown as many keys as I can on it.  It's a celebration of excessive macro keys and even has a function layer!

That was kind of my point: blockers and obnoxious space bars waste real estate that could otherwise be used for functional keys.  Desk space is secondary to keyboard efficiency.   :))

Offline YoshiCaps

• yes, oh god no.
« Reply #3213 on: Fri, 25 November 2016, 21:59:43 »
Here are some more opinions that will drive yall nuts:

1. any board below 65% is a waste.

2. more than 3 artisians are absurd.

4. Ergonomic kbs are stupid.

5. Alps and torpes are mush.

6. MX white has an id problem.

7. All switches must be greased

8. greens, clears, and blacks are dumb.

9. One must never combined mech and membrane.

10. I don't know what dorkmuffin came up with mx blue, but I hate it.
hi.

Offline mike52787

• Alps Aficionado
« Reply #3214 on: Fri, 25 November 2016, 22:05:52 »

Agreed with everything but 1, (I believe that any board below 60% is useless) 5 (have you even tried a real alps board? dont say matias is real alps :P) and 7 (what?)

Offline YoshiCaps

• yes, oh god no.
« Reply #3215 on: Fri, 25 November 2016, 22:10:21 »

Agreed with everything but 1, (I believe that any board below 60% is useless) 5 (have you even tried a real alps board? dont say matias is real alps :P) and 7 (what?)

Yes, and it sucked and I grease my browns.
hi.

Offline MandrewDavis

• Chasin' That Neon Rainbow
« Reply #3216 on: Fri, 25 November 2016, 22:42:24 »
I have an unreasonable dislike for GMK Icon Mods.
I've come to view humanity as predominantly monkey business.

My Classifieds Thread

Offline mike52787

• Alps Aficionado
« Reply #3217 on: Fri, 25 November 2016, 22:43:32 »
icon mods are ugly for the most part so I can understand why

Offline zslane

« Reply #3218 on: Sat, 26 November 2016, 00:36:00 »
I think the only switch I've tried that felt like "mush" was the weak Chinese clone of the Topre switch that you find in keyboards like the Noppoo EC108Pro and its Royal Kludge siblings. If we're talking tactile switches, my personal preference is for Topre. The Matias Quiet Click isn't bad, but it doesn't feel as refined to me as a silenced Topre. And the less said about MX brown the better; it just feel like a broken MX red to me.

Offline loud_asian

« Reply #3219 on: Sat, 26 November 2016, 02:01:27 »

**** yeah dude

also DSA is dumb, uniform SA is dumb too. Sculpted SA is ok
EM7 | Nunu | Virgo | Salamander | SS AEK64

Offline Data

« Reply #3220 on: Sun, 27 November 2016, 16:03:43 »

**** yeah dude

also DSA is dumb, uniform SA is dumb too. Sculpted SA is ok

Yeah, some people just aren't man enough for flat profiles. Accept your limitations. It's OK.

Offline pabile

• pabile online
« Reply #3221 on: Sun, 27 November 2016, 20:21:49 »
Best tactile i tried is blue alps with tactile leaf from bamboo black alps. It has the tactility of a clicky alps without the click and 2x bump.

40% keyboards should be more common, cheaper and should marketed as switch testers... with hot swap-able switches please. Those currently available switch testers with 4 to 6 switches are no good.

Offline ThoughtArtist

« Reply #3222 on: Sun, 27 November 2016, 20:33:37 »
MX Brown is the best all-around switch. Anyone who thinks differently is a retard.

I had a Zenith ZKB-2 and sold that **** since my MX Browns felt superior. Some dumbass in California (probably a Hillary supporter) who I sold it to can play with it. I certainly felt like an idiot for buying it when I already had superior MX Browns boards. Thank gOD for ebay and Green Alps hype that allowed me to get my money back on that.

By the way, that thing pings like a MF. You thought MX Clear boards were bad? You ain't heard nothing like this. My KUL ES-87 is a stealth board compared to the ZKB-2.

153954-0
« Last Edit: Sun, 27 November 2016, 23:22:02 by ThoughtArtist »

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #3223 on: Sun, 27 November 2016, 20:46:19 »
MX Brown is the best all-around switch. Anyone who thinks differently is a retard.

I'm just glad someone finally had the balls to say it...brown switches matter. #BSM

Offline ThoughtArtist

« Reply #3224 on: Sun, 27 November 2016, 23:38:09 »

I'm just glad someone finally had the balls to say it...brown switches matter. #BSM

Yep:

Offline mike52787

• Alps Aficionado
« Reply #3225 on: Sun, 27 November 2016, 23:39:22 »
glad someone appreciates **** browns :p

Offline ThoughtArtist

« Reply #3226 on: Sun, 27 November 2016, 23:43:27 »

Yeah, you know I acknowledge that Model F is the superior "TYPING" experience, but you know what? MODEL F SOUNDS ANNOYING AS **** AND SUCKS FOR ANYTHING NOT STRICTLY TYPING RELATED.
« Last Edit: Sun, 27 November 2016, 23:46:06 by ThoughtArtist »

Offline 1391406

« Reply #3227 on: Sun, 27 November 2016, 23:43:52 »
ClickClack's are ugly. I wouldn't want one if someone gave them to me(except to resell).
Unicomp Classic | Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blues) | IBM Model M (1391401) | IBM XT Model F | IBM AT Model F | Dell AT101W | 122-key IBM Model F
IBM Model M13 | Apple Extended Keyboard | Apple Extended Keyboard II | MTEK K104 | NTC KB-6251/2 | Realforce 87U | Realforce 104U | Type Heaven

Offline mike52787

• Alps Aficionado
« Reply #3228 on: Sun, 27 November 2016, 23:45:13 »

Yeah, you know I acknowledge that Model F is the superior "TYPING" experience, but you know what? MODEL F SOUNDS ANNOYING AS **** AND SUCKS FOR ANYTHING NOT STRICTLY TYPING RELATED.
I resent that. youre missing the fact that model Fs are great home defense weapons as well as typing tools :)

Offline ThoughtArtist

« Reply #3229 on: Sun, 27 November 2016, 23:48:34 »

I resent that. youre missing the fact that model Fs are great home defense weapons as well as typing tools :)

Well of course. I have one in my bedroom ready to go for that ;)

Offline consolation

« Reply #3230 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 04:49:03 »
Mitsumi KPQ (eg.Unisys PCK101) hybrid switch keyboards, that you can pick up for a couple bucks in op-shops, feel like 45g silenced Topres that cost $300+.

Look familiar...

These Mitsumi KPQ-E99YC https://is.gd/5x8KxR are sold under a few different brands, Commodore, Unisys, etc... keys are dyesub, with legends being of varying quality. Seems like the older you find them, the sharper the legend.

P.S. While looking for pictures (too lazy to snap my own), I found this http://www.elecshopper.com/mitsumi-kpq-e99yc-keyboard.html maybe it's time to empty the keyboard bins at my local thrift shops; there must be some hipsters, too cool for Topre, that still want "that feeling of oneness with cup rubber."
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 November 2016, 05:36:47 by consolation »

Offline zslane

« Reply #3231 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 12:08:41 »

They are particularly well suited to being used as sledgehammers for smashing Model Ms into tiny little pieces. If you do it right, you can get about a 5-to-1 kill ratio before the Model F becomes just a pile of tiny little pieces itself.

Offline dario

• obsessive–compulsive hardware slut
« Reply #3232 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 06:17:00 »
After my maniacal phase of keyboardist life, spending money and buying all kinds of custom keycaps and cables, I just ended up selling them off, all of them, and just using my plain old boring Realforce with blank black keycaps. This is what I should have been doing from the start. Most of the custom keys with monsters and robots and **** like that are incredibly ugly anyway, I can't believe males older than 12 are buying these things.

I feel like I'm 40 in my keyboard life. You know what I mean, don't do orgies anymore or wild sex positions, just have a wife and a marriage that works. We do missionary sometimes, but that's it, nothing wild about it. I can do other things in life now. Like sleeping.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #3233 on: Sun, 04 December 2016, 03:53:56 »
Ortholinear is retarded

Offline vegs

« Reply #3234 on: Sun, 04 December 2016, 04:06:36 »
MX browns
hhkb | hhkb bt | cherry g80-5000 | haus | unikorn se

buy less

Offline Corsa1r

« Reply #3235 on: Sun, 04 December 2016, 10:11:49 »
After my maniacal phase of keyboardist life, spending money and buying all kinds of custom keycaps and cables, I just ended up selling them off, all of them, and just using my plain old boring Realforce with blank black keycaps. This is what I should have been doing from the start. Most of the custom keys with monsters and robots and **** like that are incredibly ugly anyway, I can't believe males older than 12 are buying these things.

I feel like I'm 40 in my keyboard life. You know what I mean, don't do orgies anymore or wild sex positions, just have a wife and a marriage that works. We do missionary sometimes, but that's it, nothing wild about it. I can do other things in life now. Like sleeping.
:thumb:
Ducky Shine 4 - Mx Blues // Ganss G.S-87 - Mx Browns // Type-S HHKB 45g // FC660M - Mx Reds

Offline Potatomonkey

• Tsangan best row
« Reply #3236 on: Sun, 04 December 2016, 18:02:37 »
1. I think the ISO layout is the most retarded thing ever made. It less ergonomic than ANSI, less pretty than ANSI, and it makes finding caps a nightmare

2. TKLs are baffling to me. Why the **** would anyone use one? 75% keyboard have the same amount of keys in a significantly smaller footprint. And if you want a keyboard that is larger than a 75 and smaller than full-size, why not just get a 96 or TK? Not to mention they're ****ing ugly.

3. MX browns feel like ass.

4.Topre boards are $300 rubber domes

5. IMO Model Ms aren't as well built as other boards, albeit are still enjoyable

6. I enjoy RBG backlighting and/or underglow

7. Cherry boards are built like ****.

8. Not sure if unpopular but: DSA > SA > Cherry/SP DCS > OEM. 96 > Full-size > 60 > 75 > ~65 >>>>>> TKL

Offline mike52787

• Alps Aficionado
« Reply #3237 on: Sun, 04 December 2016, 18:07:31 »
1. I think the ISO layout is the most retarded thing ever made. It less ergonomic than ANSI, less pretty than ANSI, and it makes finding caps a nightmare

2. TKLs are baffling to me. Why the **** would anyone use one? 75% keyboard have the same amount of keys in a significantly smaller footprint. And if you want a keyboard that is larger than a 75 and smaller than full-size, why not just get a 96 or TK? Not to mention they're ****ing ugly.

3. MX browns feel like ass.

4.Topre boards are $300 rubber domes

5. IMO Model Ms aren't as well built as other boards, albeit are still enjoyable

6. I enjoy RBG backlighting and/or underglow

7. Cherry boards are built like ****.

8. Not sure if unpopular but: DSA > SA > Cherry/SP DCS > OEM. 96 > Full-size > 60 > 75 > ~65 >>>>>> TKL
agree with everything but 2,6 and 8

Offline Potatomonkey

• Tsangan best row
« Reply #3238 on: Sun, 04 December 2016, 18:10:40 »

Quote from: mike52787

Out of curiosity what's your take on 8

Offline mike52787

• Alps Aficionado
« Reply #3239 on: Sun, 04 December 2016, 18:16:38 »

Quote from: mike52787

Out of curiosity what's your take on 8
Cherry>OEM>DCS>SA>DSA

TKL>122>96>Fullsize>75>65>60>45>40

Offline clappingcactus

« Reply #3240 on: Sun, 04 December 2016, 19:50:08 »
If my post pisses off ten people then I will have succeeded!

1] From exclusively a typing experience viewpoint, every switch ever made is inferior to a lubed 55g Topre.

2] Every Topre board ever made has a fatal flaw that ruins the whole experience otherwise. Maybe not the μTRON. On second thought, even the μTRON.

3] Hands down, the worst switches to type on are Cherry MX Blues.

4] Any colour light shine-through lighting is unacceptable and gaudy. RGB underlighting is acceptable and can pull together a whole system theme.

5] Owning multiple keyboards in the same layout is a moronic decision. No properly functioning human being will ever think to themselves 'I currently need the minimalism of a 60% keyboard BUT I specifically want a particular switch right now'.

6] Boards under 75% in size are useless to do work on. Assuming reprogrammability, if you even use just two different software packages you run out of reasonable space to put macro keys way too quickly.

7] The only exception to #5: The only acceptable time to use a 60% layout is when writing a book.

8] With the only exception being SA Dasher, enough with the god-damn blue in custom keysets.

9] Cylindrical keycaps are dumb and pointless. All of them. There is not a single legitimate argument anyone can make to necessitate their existence.

10] Visible screws/nuts/bolts on a keyboard when seen from typing position are a design flaw.
« Last Edit: Sun, 04 December 2016, 19:57:44 by clappingcactus »

Offline jorgenslee

« Reply #3241 on: Sun, 04 December 2016, 19:59:39 »
1] From exclusively a typing experience viewpoint, every switch ever made is inferior to a lubed 55g Topre.
I'm curious to know what switches you have tried and use for more than a week or month.

Offline clappingcactus

« Reply #3242 on: Sun, 04 December 2016, 20:06:54 »
I'm curious to know what switches you have tried and use for more than a week or month.

Topre 45g, 55g. MX Clears, Blues, Browns, Greens, Reds. Gateron Browns. Buckling springs.

I get your secret point that really basically a month into using any keyboard the human brain is all 'well, this is great, I'm comfortable and used to it', but Topre switches (and to a much, much lesser extent MX Clears) are the only switches that a month into using them I had continued to be surprised by how much I liked them. It's not even how comfortable they are bottom out, but how comfortable they are when bouncing back.

Offline YoshiCaps

• yes, oh god no.
« Reply #3243 on: Sun, 04 December 2016, 20:07:00 »
If my post pisses off ten people then I will have succeeded!

2] Every Topre board ever made has a fatal flaw that ruins the whole experience otherwise. Maybe not the μTRON. On second thought, even the μTRON.

6] Boards under 75% in size are useless to do work on. Assuming reprogrammability, if you even use just two different software packages you run out of reasonable space to put macro keys way too quickly.

9] Cylindrical keycaps are dumb and pointless. All of them. There is not a single legitimate argument anyone can make to necessitate their existence.

10] Visible screws/nuts/bolts on a keyboard when seen from typing position are a design flaw.
I wanted to share my opinions so I kept the opinions I agreed with.
hi.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #3244 on: Sun, 04 December 2016, 20:15:54 »
Not sure why you would ruin the perfect 55g topper switch with LUBE, but at least you've come to your senses and realized that 55g topper > ALL.

Offline zcmy

• I really should be working... not "working"
« Reply #3245 on: Mon, 05 December 2016, 17:49:00 »
Remember when I said I thought using a 30% as a daily driver was feasible?

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=65341.msg2190557#msg2190557

That was what I was talking about.

Told ya so.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #3246 on: Mon, 05 December 2016, 18:06:42 »

Show Image

Told ya so.

Nice board! and that big enter key makes it to look even nicer. You should post the alternate layers that you are using.

Offline zcmy

• I really should be working... not "working"
« Reply #3247 on: Mon, 05 December 2016, 18:15:01 »

Show Image

Told ya so.

Nice board! and that big enter key makes it to look even nicer. You should post the alternate layers that you are using.

This actually isn't my build. Credit goes to someone over at the reddit mechanical keyboards chat group.

Here's the full build log by the guy who did it.https://imgur.com/a/lV7LR

Offline Kominyetska

« Reply #3248 on: Mon, 05 December 2016, 18:28:07 »
5] Owning multiple keyboards in the same layout is a moronic decision. No properly functioning human being will ever think to themselves 'I currently need the minimalism of a 60% keyboard BUT I specifically want a particular switch right now'.

Unless they're in different locations (like having 1 at work and 1 at home).

ABSO-****ING-LUTELY

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #3249 on: Thu, 08 December 2016, 14:49:59 »
A programmed Pok3r w/MX clears and a DSA keyset > non Hasu'ed HHKB Pro 2 even know:

1. HHKB is 1000% better in terms of feels
2. The Pok3r stabs rattle worse than a 3rd world commuter train with people hanging out the windows, on the roof and the undercarriage.

Being able to do basic things like two finger CTRL-ALT-DELs and other sultry **** I've programmed in make laziness win over luxuious feels.  Now if I could just figure out how to have somebody completely stabilize both the keys and the stabs, it would be even better.
RF87U 55g (damaged)  |  AV3 w/POM Plate  |  Thermal (to be built)  |  ID80v1 (to be rebuilt)  |  Tokyo60