Author Topic: [GB] Golbat 40% Keyboard with Kimera Core R1. UPDATED April 21st, please read  (Read 139025 times)

Offline cheddarbek

Sweet, just submitted to the form. Can't wait to get this!
The Alps cover 65% of Switzerland's surface area (41,285 kmē), making it one of the most alpine countries. Despite the fact that Switzerland covers only 14% of the Alps total area (192,753 kmē),[2][3] many alpine four-thousanders (48 of 82) are located in the Swiss Alps and practically all of the remaining few are within 20 km of the country's border.

Offline sinegav

• love keybaords
How soon until the board is shipping?  ;D I can't wait for this one  :p :p

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline GL1TCH3D

• Audiophile, tea lover and now keyboard hugger!
One of the boards didn't pass inspection so another one is being manufactured

Offline 3K

Does that mean there is b-stock available?

Model M '88    | Model M SSK '87 | HHKB P2  | Zowie FK1

Offline GL1TCH3D

Does that mean there is b-stock available?

Errr.... I'll see if it's usable and get back to you.

Just wondering if the boards have shipped from China yet

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
Is the form not up anymore?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
yo where mah board at homes

Offline alexjd99

• oozing through the cells of one's own construction
So are we going to be waiting for the one board with the defect to get fixed before the other boards go out, or will they all go out once they're individually ready?

Offline KatzenKinder

• * Maker
I'm also interested in the status, the second batch of this run of Granite is on its way to me, which I got to use for these boards :)

I'm ready to build my wacom accompany board ehehe

Offline schlesi

Would like an update as well. Atleast an idea of how long it will take to remake the faulty board.

Offline GL1TCH3D

The boards have shipped to me in Canada and are currently in transit  :thumb:

Offline HappyCatFish

Whoo! Thanks for the update!

So is the plan for you to ship all the U.S. destined boards to LivingSpeedBump and then he distributes them to us? I understand that it might save some money but it sounds like it will extend the wait time for us by quite a bit.

Offline GL1TCH3D

Whoo! Thanks for the update!

So is the plan for you to ship all the U.S. destined boards to LivingSpeedBump and then he distributes them to us? I understand that it might save some money but it sounds like it will extend the wait time for us by quite a bit.

There was no low fee alternative unfortunately... So I'll be distributing them all from Canada

Offline schlesi

Appreciate the updates. Now I just hope that my stabilisers and LEDs arrive on time.

Offline HappyCatFish

There was no low fee alternative unfortunately... So I'll be distributing them all from Canada

Does that mean we can be expecting our boards within the month of May?

Offline GL1TCH3D

Especially for North American orders they should arrive by the end of may

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO

Is the form still up for address change?

Offline GL1TCH3D

It should still be up! if it's not working let me know

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO

It should still be up! if it's not working let me know

For some reason it wasn't working on my phone but I got it going on my tablet :)
Final address updated, yay! Very excited

Offline GL1TCH3D

I will be closing the form TOMORROW which is also when I should be receiving the order.

That way there's no confusion with last minute changes after shipping the parcels.

I will be closing the form TOMORROW which is also when I should be receiving the order.

That way there's no confusion with last minute changes after shipping the parcels.
Woohoo,  any estimate on the turn around time for the shipping on your side

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

Offline KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
Very excited for this to get here!!  :-*

I've seen a couple others do Bluetooth mods to their 40% keyboards--does anyone have a clue about where to get some information pertaining to such a mod? Or has had experience modding their keyboards to be bluetooth?  I've poked around but haven't found much aside from crappy quality kits on amazon  :-[ A 40% Bluetooth Golbat would be beyond sweet!
∴∵∴◇Time TKL--VE.A--F&T 1916--Cajal--Octagon v2◇∴∵∴

Offline GL1TCH3D

Very excited for this to get here!!  :-*

I've seen a couple others do Bluetooth mods to their 40% keyboards--does anyone have a clue about where to get some information pertaining to such a mod? Or has had experience modding their keyboards to be bluetooth?  I've poked around but haven't found much aside from crappy quality kits on amazon  :-[ A 40% Bluetooth Golbat would be beyond sweet!

Might be tough because generally bluetooth doesn't work too well with aluminum plates (just like how gon won't do bluetooth with his old gon cases but works perfectly with the full acrylic cases.)

I imagine the bluetooth kit from gon could be modified to the golbat too but then again, that's if you can even get it.

Offline HappyCatFish

BT is also a challenge due to the lack of space for any kind of battery in the Golbat. I doubt you will be able to get a nearly large enough battery in the ~2mm clearance to justify the mod/be even remotely efficient.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
BT dongle perhaps?

Offline GL1TCH3D

If it's external I don't see why it shouldn't work. Maybe like the Enebrick? (Lots of similar options)

Otherwise internally it's cramped and there's no support for it right now (do consider the price too!)

I just paid the DHL import fees and it's cleared canada customs  :thumb:

Offline schlesi

Can we get pictures when you have the keyboards? I'm so excited.

Offline GL1TCH3D

Can we get pictures when you have the keyboards? I'm so excited.

As long as they come in before I leave for the weekend!

Have to pickup my car in another city and I won't be here all weekend. Postal services in my area have been getting slower and passing a lot later =/

Offline HappyCatFish

I have LEDs, stabilizers, keycaps, and switches ready to go, I just need the kit!!!

I am excited to have something to tinker with again. Are we going to posting pictures of all of our builds in this thread? If not then somebody should make another Golbat thread for when they have shipped and people start to get them.

Offline GL1TCH3D

Another golbat thread might make more sense since I'll probably get this one closed once completed and start a new one if there's interest in R2.

DHL never passed on friday even though I paid the customs on thursday and expected delivery was friday (not only did they not pass, they didn't leave a slip).

Anyway, it's a holiday today so I doubt they're passing

Offline GL1TCH3D

So this definitely took longer than I originally estimated so I'll make sure to adjust my timing for any future GBs I do.

http://m.imgur.com/PcKG9dq

I'll be unpacking, checking and repacking starting today.

So this definitely took longer than I originally estimated so I'll make sure to adjust my timing for any future GBs I do.

Sweet, can't wait to get my hands on this board. Plus I don't remember what color acrylics I went with so it'll be a surprise when I open the box.

Offline 3K

Sweet, can't wait to get my hands on this board. Plus I don't remember what color acrylics I went with so it'll be a surprise when I open the box.

That feel when you are addicted to buying things, but have a **** memory. I love finding unexpected gifts in my mail. :3

Model M '88    | Model M SSK '87 | HHKB P2  | Zowie FK1

Offline punkpc

Sweet can't wait!  ;D

Offline GL1TCH3D

https://imgur.com/a/wlRXF

Good news: additional screws were included as well as a wrench and some LEDs (SMD) for those that want to do the under light like I did in the sample.

Boxes were also included for all the golbats so I'll be buying additional bubble wrap to fill in the spaces.

Bad news: on a quick inspection of a few of the boards, there is some light scratching on the back of the keyboards. Also one of the boards had 3 acrylic mid sections instead of 2 which I believe might be the board that had to be remade.

But at least I didn't see any broken parts.

Before you go asking for $50 back please do consider this is still an aluminum sandwich style board for $80.

I'll be sorting and checking to make sure there are no broken parts or missing parts to the orders and contacting those who's  orders don't match what they asked/paid for. (3section acrylic mids, missing HHKB plates, etc)

https://imgur.com/a/wlRXF

Good news: additional screws were included as well as a wrench and some LEDs (SMD) for those that want to do the under light like I did in the sample.

Boxes were also included for all the golbats so I'll be buying additional bubble wrap to fill in the spaces.

Bad news: on a quick inspection of a few of the boards, there is some light scratching on the back of the keyboards. Also one of the boards had 3 acrylic mid sections instead of 2 which I believe might be the board that had to be remade.

But at least I didn't see any broken parts.

Before you go asking for $50 back please do consider this is still an aluminum sandwich style board for $80.

I'll be sorting and checking to make sure there are no broken parts or missing parts to the orders and contacting those who's  orders don't match what they asked/paid for. (3section acrylic mids, missing HHKB plates, etc)

They are beautiful

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
Oh so excited! Looking forward to seeing all the color combos everyone did!

Offline cheddarbek

Can't wait to get my hands on this. Ship like the wind!

The Alps cover 65% of Switzerland's surface area (41,285 kmē), making it one of the most alpine countries. Despite the fact that Switzerland covers only 14% of the Alps total area (192,753 kmē),[2][3] many alpine four-thousanders (48 of 82) are located in the Swiss Alps and practically all of the remaining few are within 20 km of the country's border.

Offline GL1TCH3D

I have a job interview Friday too =S

Might be able to get some out tomorrow if I sort them all by tonight and there's no issues with them.

Offline schlesi

Nice to see the boards.

And whoever has the purple and green one, I expect Troubled Minds on it.

I have a job interview Friday too =S

Best of luck with that.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
Hell yes! Super excited and will definitely be doing some of the SMD leds. Good luck with the interview!
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Hope the interview went well GL1TCH3D, was wondering if you got a chance to ship any of the boards yet?

Offline thecolorblind1

I had kind of forgot about this order, but I'm stoked it's almost here. I need to figure out which switches I'll use!

Offline GL1TCH3D

So the good news is that the interview went very well!

The kind of good news is that I've been slowly working through the order checking.

The kind of bad news is that I was asked to do tons of supplementary shifts this week for my current job (which is on/off during the summer).

The bad news is that a decent portion of the orders I've checked had some sort of scratching. Mostly on the bottom plate but 1 in particular had a scratch on the top plate along the edge which would be noticeable when you look at your keyboard. Of course there's the order with the triple acrylic mid section... I'm going to have to ask GFW what happened with that one, maybe it was the specific acrylic color, I have no idea. Also the gold flake acrylic only has gold flake on the faces of the plates which means you really can't see it when it's sandwiched between the aluminum plates =/

I did receive a spare set of acrylic, the same orange from the sample that I received last year. This will be offered to someone if their acrylic is broken, then after to the person (people?) who have triple stacked acrylic and finally if none of the above apply, to be purchased as an extra if someone is interested.

It's not feasible to remake all the parts and spend another $200+ on shipping for new aluminum / acrylic (especially since GFW didn't account for fees properly and ended up with less than expected, we decided that since orders were paid for already that we wouldn't ask for more) so it is what it is in this GB.

I'll hopefully ship out the first 10-20 orders this week since there's a good portion that are defect free aesthetically.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO

The kind of good news is that I've been slowly working through the order checking.

The kind of bad news is that I was asked to do tons of supplementary shifts this week for my current job (which is on/off during the summer).

The bad news is that a decent portion of the orders I've checked had some sort of scratching. Mostly on the bottom plate but 1 in particular had a scratch on the top plate along the edge which would be noticeable when you look at your keyboard. Of course there's the order with the triple acrylic mid section... I'm going to have to ask GFW what happened with that one, maybe it was the specific acrylic color, I have no idea. Also the gold flake acrylic only has gold flake on the faces of the plates which means you really can't see it when it's sandwiched between the aluminum plates =/

I did receive a spare set of acrylic, the same orange from the sample that I received last year. This will be offered to someone if their acrylic is broken, then after to the person (people?) who have triple stacked acrylic and finally if none of the above apply, to be purchased as an extra if someone is interested.

It's not feasible to remake all the parts and spend another $200+ on shipping for new aluminum / acrylic (especially since GFW didn't account for fees properly and ended up with less than expected, we decided that since orders were paid for already that we wouldn't ask for more) so it is what it is in this GB.

I'll hopefully ship out the first 10-20 orders this week since there's a good portion that are defect free aesthetically.

My poor gold :(

Offline GL1TCH3D

My poor gold :(

I saw that and it really is a shame  :'(

Offline thecolorblind1

Glad to hear the job interview went well!

It's too bad about scratched plates. I understand we probably can't do anything about the aluminum, but I wonder if there is some way to fill in the scratch on the acrylic. I'll have to do some research.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
eh, shame about the scratches, but bottom scratches really aren't a huge deal. no use getting upset about something you can't control.

Glad the interview went well  :thumb:
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline schlesi

I think most people can live with the scratches on the bottom, as long as the top plates are alright.

I'm glad that your interview went well.