Author Topic: The start of a new video series inspired by Chyrosran22 Cherry MX Blacks Review  (Read 5899 times)

Offline LiquidEvilGaming

• LiquidEvilGaming Youtube
This will be the start of a new series reviewing actual switches as opposed to the keyboard they are on.  I intend to go through every switch i own/Ones i have owned and used for at least 1-2 months.   Chyrosan22 inspired me to do this as i really enjoy his series on all the different ALPS switches and thought to myself i'd love to do something similar on Cherry/Cherry Clones/Topre.

Current Daily Driver/s
White Leopold 750R MX Reds
Head of LiquidEvilGaming on Youtube
i7 4790k/16GB DDR3/GTX 1060 6GB SSC/256GB Samsung SSD/2TB SSHD/W10

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
I inspired someone? That's awesome! xD

Good luck man! :D
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline ThoughtArtist

I have some MX Browns in a KUL that are VERY scratchy, but in a Varmilo I have MX Browns that are much smoother. I wonder why and I wonder which of those are closest in the scratchiness with the newer MX Blacks you have.
« Last Edit: Sat, 04 June 2016, 21:28:14 by ThoughtArtist »

Offline LiquidEvilGaming

I have some MX Browns in a KUL that are VERY scratchy, but in a Varmilo I have MX Browns that are much smoother. I wonder why and I wonder which of those are closest in the scratchiness with the newer MX Blacks you have.

I do wonder how much a break in period will effect them also,my MX Black board is still relatively new.
Current Daily Driver/s
White Leopold 750R MX Reds
Head of LiquidEvilGaming on Youtube
i7 4790k/16GB DDR3/GTX 1060 6GB SSC/256GB Samsung SSD/2TB SSHD/W10

Offline HeeCh2ei

• qdrw

It's just a crappy batch.
In my first mech browns was extremely scratchy, to the point were any "break in" can't possibly helps. In my current board on reds about 90% of switches is smooth (and a lot of people describe reds as awfully scratchy).

So, in such MX inconsistency from batch to batch any opinion is futile. Buying keyboard on mx is the same thing like rolling the dice.
Cherry is the Maker, Topre is the God

FC660C             FC750R (reds)     FC750R (blues)

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
Good luck :)

I'm sure that you'll have plenty of keyboards to review in the future.

Offline LiquidEvilGaming

Good luck :)

I'm sure that you'll have plenty of keyboards to review in the future.

As it stands besides the MX Blacks i have already reviewed i have the following to do (Also with O-Ring commentary both 0.2MM and 0.4MM on each switch to comment what difference it makes)  Will go back and comment on MX Blacks in the future far as Orings go.

Mx Blues
Mx Browns
Mx Reds
Mx Clears
Mx Greens
Mx Whites

45 G HHKB Topre
55G Realforce Topre

Matias CLicky

Black Alps

Cherry ML
Current Daily Driver/s