geekhack Marketplace > Group Buys and Preorders

Group Buy Rules and Guidelines (Updated 2023-09-11)

<< < (2/9) > >>

AuthenticDanger:

--- Quote from: HoffmanMyster on Wed, 03 November 2021, 10:13:59 ---if the product exists in a vendor’s inventory, it shall be sold in the Vendor subforum of the marketplace. If, on the other hand, the product is to be produced in limited quantities by the organizer, that sale belongs in the Artisan subforum.

--- End quote ---

Since Artisans usually pre-make their goods in small batches, couldn't those sales go in the "Vendor" subforum? And at that point, shouldn't there be no distinction between a 25 unit run of a CNC'd macropad and a bunch of keycaps? With so many people making things (keycaps, wristrests, cases, deskmats, cables, etc) in small quantities both at home and via manus, I think the line between "vendor" and "artisan" is very blurred.

Also, artisan keycap makers often run multiple sales in a row before shipping, which completely skirts the rules because they do it by recycling 1 thread.

of_sam:
I am very much looking forward to a similar set of rules for the IC section of GH. Please add a minimum required post count and account age for that as well.

Pontus:

--- Quote from: of_sam on Wed, 03 November 2021, 11:06:32 ---I am very much looking forward to a similar set of rules for the IC section of GH. Please add a minimum required post count and account age for that as well.

--- End quote ---
Yeah this would be great  :thumb:

blacksimon:
Firstly, I think this is a good direction to go in, assuming decent enforcement.

I like where this is going, however, when trying to think of users with more than 4 concurrent GBs that are failing to deliver, the number is tiny.

The account age age post requirements is fantastic for weeding out obvious trash - but I would love to see some sort of basic rules on ICs.

The smart play is always to attack a problem at its source, and since every GB thread (should) have a companion IC thread - I think it may be a good plan to at least have some basic rules in effect for IC contents and concurrent thread limit.

Obviously, it would be terrible to inhibit people's passion projects - so a light touch would be needed, but some very basic rules would go a long way - perhaps defining a max amount of active IC threads in place of GB threads may solve both problems, since the threads are essentially married.

Realistically, users could simply IC on GH and then post their GB elsewhere, circumnavigating the rules set forth above (by posting GB info in their IC thread without notice) - which I understand is technically not your problem, but if the goal is to protect the community, it is something to consider.

This, of course is entirely up to the moderation team and you guys will know best, but I believe some IC oversight would kill two birds with one stone (and hopefully reduce the total amount of man hours for moderation by nipping problems before they arise, instead of later)

anatworkaccount:

--- Quote from: blacksimon on Wed, 03 November 2021, 11:20:46 ---
I like where this is going, however, when trying to think of users with more than 4 concurrent GBs that are failing to deliver, the number is tiny.

--- End quote ---

Oh I can think of one, they have a pinned post a few down from this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version