Author Topic: Hello everyone!  (Read 218 times)

Offline GummyPink

Hello everyone!
« on: Thu, 02 May 2024, 15:59:54 »
Hello! I am GummyPinkGraphics and ready to immerse my self in your world. It started with my boyfriend needing a sleeve for his mechanical keyboard. In the meantime I already bought my self 2 keyboards...

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
Re: Hello everyone!
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 03 May 2024, 05:18:44 »
Welcome to geekhack  :)

What keyboards have you got?

Offline GummyPink

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 03 May 2024, 05:50:17 »
Thanks. A Ducky TKL and an aigo a100. Apparently it is unpopular, but I am looking for a good 100% mechanical keyboard.

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 03 May 2024, 06:52:56 »
Thanks. A Ducky TKL and an aigo a100. Apparently it is unpopular, but I am looking for a good 100% mechanical keyboard.

The reason why they are unpopular is because it's too big, but I specifically don't like full sizes cause of the layout, I use really small keyboards (60% boards) and stuff like layers I'm just too used to. If you are looking for good 100% then there are a couple options though.

there a lot of vintage keyboards in that layout, stuff like the IBM model m and the apple extended keyboard I (specifically the m0115) model are pretty good keyboards. Model M's can be found for pretty good deals on places like ebay, but if you want to buy something newer than unicomp has buckling spring full sizes on their website that are still good. If you are gonna get the m0115 try to get a clean one, the switches in the boards, alps are very susceptible to dust and bad ones feel really bad.