Author Topic: [GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)  (Read 766394 times)

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
[GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)
« Reply #1750 on: Wed, 13 December 2017, 13:32:21 »
Removed
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 December 2017, 20:44:48 by clasicks »

Offline TerryMathews

Re: [GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)
« Reply #1751 on: Wed, 13 December 2017, 13:32:56 »
Again, such pleasantness from the community. Why I don't spend every waking moment here!

@Terry Mathews: Are you that goddamned dense? [...] ****.Off.

:rolleyes:

I'd continue talking about your points, but it's like talking to a wall, so I tap out already.

Hey Terry Mathews? There's out of context for you.

I mean, reducing those quotes in that way didn't change their meaning in the slightest.

I mean no offense, but it's clear you don't truly understand what out of context quoting is. The Wikipedia article I pulled the definition from (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quoting_out_of_context) has some really great examples.

You think I'm attacking you, and maybe at this point I am (a little) because it's fun, but originally it was meant as informative. Using language incorrectly makes you look uneducated, which I know is not true. Doubling down on it makes you look especially foolish. Please take a breath and read this stuff again.

Offline Marvellion

« Reply #1752 on: Wed, 13 December 2017, 13:36:00 »
Guys just drop it, Jesus.

Offline Data

« Reply #1753 on: Wed, 13 December 2017, 13:38:38 »
Not pointing any fingers here, but the personal attacks need to stop now. 

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #1754 on: Wed, 13 December 2017, 14:13:50 »
Not just the personal attacks but I also believe trying to force an answer regarding replacements every time anyone affiliated with the project posts a much appreciated update for literally EVERYONE else is not only incredibly frustrating to again, everyone else, but also to the people trying to do right by the customers.

As I understand it Pancake fixed his PCB already (I won't get into refunds or anything else regarding that for LEDs etc, pointless) so the keyboard is fully functional and working as intended - maybe take a step back and let them address EVERYONE else in peace from now on and then worry about a replacement for your polycarb cracks (which are not visible unless you flip the board) once they have the time to tend to your issue? Is that too much to ask, or? You're not only affecting the runners now but everyone else.

It's time to stop. Let them do their job, which is not JUST to satisfy you right away.

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #1755 on: Wed, 13 December 2017, 15:11:44 »
It's astonishing. It's just astonishing. You guys could make a career out of deliberately missing the point.

Vigrith - That's correct, my Exent is as of last night built and in good working order. Because there's obviously no point explaining myself at a deeper level: That doesn't mean I'm not still pissed off by the outcome of this group buy, and how it has been run.

What's a reasonable time to expect an update on the replacement polycarbonate bottoms? A week? Two weeks? I think we should have at minimum news regarding them within at most two weeks.

That's all I have left to say. **** this ****.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #1756 on: Wed, 13 December 2017, 16:55:56 »
This group buy is just what I expect from almost every group buy. It will take longer than expected, some things do go wrong. I really think some of the newer people to the community just have super high expectations for a couple people that just think this is a cool hobby. Almost no group buy runner does this as their job, if they do then they normally have a somewhat official web page like Originative or ctrl.alt (not sure if either of them run their sites as a full time jobs). I think I got my GH60 after 3 years? Great, I got it, it took awhile, but I didn't ***** and moan the entire time. People all over the country or world were working together to make it happen. The community had never put together a 60% group buy before, how could it run smooth the first time?

Also as someone who has run a group buy, you get tired of answering the same questions over and over. You get back to your life and let the stress of people impatiently whining slip away and don't check in until there is real news to check in for. Group buys are not a business, it is some nice people trying to do something cool for others, which is why when something messes up everyone participating in the buy should try and chip in if they can afford it. What if all new PCBs needed to be made? The runners didn't make the PCBs wrong, but sometimes the manufacturer screws over the buyers. Everyone participating would need to chip in more money to get what they want. Hence the "GROUP BUY" the GROUP needs to work together.

No one needs to go to bat for the silent majority. Most people are probably "silent" because they are handling their personal business via private messages instead of dragging it all out into a thread. I think a reasonable amount of requests to keep it out of the thread have been made and moderation should probably be taking place, especially considering the personal attacks and general ****ery  :-\

Maybe the group buy sticky needs to be more elaborate to temper peoples expectations.
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 December 2017, 16:57:45 by danielucf »
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #1757 on: Wed, 13 December 2017, 17:13:29 »
Loving the thinly veiled passive aggression. Trust me, I'm gonna be avoiding getting involved with this community in any way in the future, to the delight of all of you I'm certain. **** me for trying, right.

« Last Edit: Wed, 13 December 2017, 17:20:10 by PancakeMSTR »

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
« Reply #1758 on: Wed, 13 December 2017, 17:25:15 »
If everyone around you is saying you're acting like a duck, maybe, just maybe, you are a duck.

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #1759 on: Wed, 13 December 2017, 18:41:00 »
If everyone around you is saying you're acting like a duck, maybe, just maybe, you are a duck.

Everyone around Noah was saying he was a duck too, but he built that ark anyways and then saved Jesus from Poseidon's water attack. Usually probably a duck though. A duck or an Islamic Apostle, those are your options.

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
« Reply #1760 on: Wed, 13 December 2017, 18:56:11 »

Everyone around Noah was saying he was a duck too, but he built that ark anyways and then saved Jesus from Poseidon's water attack. Usually probably a duck though. A duck or an Islamic Apostle, those are your options.

WILBA USES OCCAM'S RAZOR. IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE!

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #1761 on: Thu, 14 December 2017, 00:13:33 »
You know what? It was Cherry picking. That's what Clasicks did (and continues to do), vs. taking what I said out of context (though I maintain that, colloquially, my usage was acceptable).

Who ****ing cares.
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 December 2017, 00:31:31 by PancakeMSTR »

« Reply #1762 on: Thu, 14 December 2017, 00:53:10 »
That's all I have left to say.

Loving the thinly veiled passive aggression. Trust me, I'm gonna be avoiding getting involved with this community in any way in the future, to the delight of all of you I'm certain. **** me for trying, right.

You know what? It was Cherry picking. That's what Clasicks did (and continues to do), vs. taking what I said out of context (though I maintain that, colloquially, my usage was acceptable).

Who ****ing cares.

I think you are wasting your breath at this point, you have made your perspective abundantly clear, some of us half agree, most of us don't and it clearly isn't getting you anywhere with the GB runners. I think at this point you aren't helping your cause and you're just getting into fights with people or defending yourself against antagonism that is better left ignored.
I'm sure you have better things to do than type your fingers raw repeating yourself feeling like you're trying to punch through brick for all the good it's doing. I believe the creators will do something to take care of the issues your board has, it might not end up being as much as you want, and I'm sorry if that ends up being the case, but at this point do yourself a favor and let it go for now, come back to it later and see where things are at, or wait for their next official update and hopefully it won't make you even more upset.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #1763 on: Thu, 14 December 2017, 06:01:14 »
Who let the non-enthusiast in
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline energyd

« Reply #1764 on: Thu, 14 December 2017, 09:20:38 »
I just want to read the updates from the GB runner..If you guys have specific question/complains, pm the GB runner pls..Don't pollute the thread...

Offline Dylan

« Reply #1765 on: Thu, 14 December 2017, 09:51:40 »
Is it possible for mods to remove Pancake from this thread for some time? Like a month or something... anything...

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1766 on: Thu, 14 December 2017, 11:46:00 »
Is it possible for mods to remove Pancake from this thread for some time? Like a month or something... anything...

Report any posts that you think are problematic and let the Mods handle it.

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #1767 on: Thu, 14 December 2017, 12:10:58 »
That's all I have left to say.

Who ****ing cares.

I think you are wasting your breath at this point, you have made your perspective abundantly clear, some of us half agree, most of us don't and it clearly isn't getting you anywhere with the GB runners. I think at this point you aren't helping your cause and you're just getting into fights with people or defending yourself against antagonism that is better left ignored.
I'm sure you have better things to do than type your fingers raw repeating yourself feeling like you're trying to punch through brick for all the good it's doing. I believe the creators will do something to take care of the issues your board has, it might not end up being as much as you want, and I'm sorry if that ends up being the case, but at this point do yourself a favor and let it go for now, come back to it later and see where things are at, or wait for their next official update and hopefully it won't make you even more upset.

You're right. I agree completely. And that's fine if what the leaders do doesn't match exactly my requests, as long as they are met to some reasonable degree (in the interest of avoiding ambiguity, something to the effect of at minimum replacing the polycarb, which I think we all agree is reasonable).

But as much as I'm frustrated, angry, and disappointed with the group buy leadership,  I'm nothing short of appalled by the experiences and interactions  I've had with this community in this GB. Having gotten in totally non-constructive altercations in the past, I've put a lot of effort recently into voicing my opinions and positions in a as firm but non-inflammatory way as I know how. 

I want to step back, just wait for an actual update from the leadership, but honestly? It's hard when my character is being disparaged from every direction, directly and indirectly. As stupid as it is, I have a strong innate desire to defend myself. I should let the opinions of internet strangers slide off may back, but it's not easy for me.

« Last Edit: Thu, 14 December 2017, 12:39:42 by PancakeMSTR »

« Reply #1768 on: Thu, 14 December 2017, 16:49:10 »
You're right. I agree completely. And that's fine if what the leaders do doesn't match exactly my requests, as long as they are met to some reasonable degree (in the interest of avoiding ambiguity, something to the effect of at minimum replacing the polycarb, which I think we all agree is reasonable).

But as much as I'm frustrated, angry, and disappointed with the group buy leadership,  I'm nothing short of appalled by the experiences and interactions  I've had with this community in this GB. Having gotten in totally non-constructive altercations in the past, I've put a lot of effort recently into voicing my opinions and positions in a as firm but non-inflammatory way as I know how. 

I want to step back, just wait for an actual update from the leadership, but honestly? It's hard when my character is being disparaged from every direction, directly and indirectly. As stupid as it is, I have a strong innate desire to defend myself. I should let the opinions of internet strangers slide off may back, but it's not easy for me.

I agree that the polycarb should absolutely be replaced. I know they haven't said anything formal about it, but I really do believe they will replace those, even if it's after handling some other things. I totally understand wanting to defend yourself, especially when your character gets called into question like it does so often on the internet. I have had to work really hard to learn to let things go and my post history shows I'm not very good at it.

despite the flak the GB leadership has been getting in this thread, mostly for not communicating as much as many of us feel they could be, and for the production/shipping issues with the boards, I really do believe they will step up and make sure everything gets addressed by the end of this.

And so far the cases are looking gorgeous, I'm still a little concerned with the update to the grey cases looking so much darker and very very similar to the black case, but am hoping that was just the lighting in that one picture...

Offline Cerasis

« Reply #1769 on: Thu, 14 December 2017, 17:26:02 »
Any update on the alu bottoms? I'm not quite sure cause of the chaos of the thread but are they all finished machining and are headed to or are being anodized?

Still hoped i'd be able to get it by 2017, but it looks like it'll be mid-late january at this point.
Bantam44 | M0116 | Miuni32 | EXENT | Un-novatouch'd Novatouch to be fixed

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #1770 on: Thu, 14 December 2017, 19:51:01 »

I agree that the polycarb should absolutely be replaced. I know they haven't said anything formal about it, but I really do believe they will replace those, even if it's after handling some other things. I totally understand wanting to defend yourself, especially when your character gets called into question like it does so often on the internet. I have had to work really hard to learn to let things go and my post history shows I'm not very good at it.

despite the flak the GB leadership has been getting in this thread, mostly for not communicating as much as many of us feel they could be, and for the production/shipping issues with the boards, I really do believe they will step up and make sure everything gets addressed by the end of this.

And so far the cases are looking gorgeous, I'm still a little concerned with the update to the grey cases looking so much darker and very very similar to the black case, but am hoping that was just the lighting in that one picture...

Well it's certainly true, the aluminum case - certainly the most prominent feature of the keyboard aside from the keycaps (which they don't control the quality of) is - as I've previously said, absolutely astonishing. There's no question they got that right: https://imgur.com/a/CryyS

« Last Edit: Thu, 14 December 2017, 19:59:06 by PancakeMSTR »

Offline codywanks

« Reply #1771 on: Thu, 14 December 2017, 20:36:26 »
Just wondering how many people actually checked the update section on the first page?

^ support for cracked bottoms was announced over a week ago.

Offline juahenza

• DoSmallThingswithGreatLove
« Reply #1772 on: Thu, 14 December 2017, 20:40:27 »
The polycarbonate bottom will be replaced. We have still yet to come with a quantity to reproduce, but it's going to take awhile. All orders that went out in the last 2 weeks have the feet detached, so there won't be anymore cracked bottom, same goes with the PCB.
456GT | TGR Jane CE | Dolphin v2 | Whale | 360c | LZ FE | LZ IRON | TX-CP | Varmilo VA87M | HHKB P2 | IBM SSK P.1397681| IBM Industrial SSK P.1395682 | VE.A | Realforce 87u | Datamancer Streamline TKL | Datamancer Mechinist TKL | TANK v1 | RAMA M-4 | Realforce 108UW-HIPRO

Offline Traveler

« Reply #1773 on: Thu, 14 December 2017, 21:31:43 »
Just wondering how many people actually checked the update section on the first page?

Ah, glad to see it getting updated. Since it hadn't been updated since August until now I assumed it wasn't being used anymore. I had stopped checking it tbh.

Offline foxlive

• The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
« Reply #1774 on: Fri, 15 December 2017, 07:00:24 »
So for what I read on the update section, on the 7th of December, the alu needed 1 more week for anodization. We are on the 15th now, any update? Do you think this will send before end of 2017? :)

Can't wait to received my drak gray EXENT with black alu bottom  :))

Offline Data

« Reply #1775 on: Fri, 15 December 2017, 07:50:32 »
The polycarbonate bottom will be replaced. We have still yet to come with a quantity to reproduce, but it's going to take awhile. All orders that went out in the last 2 weeks have the feet detached, so there won't be anymore cracked bottom, same goes with the PCB.
This is good news.  Thanks.

Offline dr_derivative

• Not a real doctor
« Reply #1776 on: Fri, 15 December 2017, 08:00:54 »
I'm heartened to hear that TerryMatthews has successfully reflowed his board. We are thinking of making a Google form to poll others who would like to do the same (the SMD RGB LEDs will of course be supplied by us). Opting to do this would expedite your order and reduce the load on our team.

Is this Google Form still happening? I'm getting an aluminium bottom so I don't really  need working LEDs, plus I'd much rather have the fun of fixing them myself  ;D
GH/Reddit/DT: dr_derivative | Discord: dr_derivative#3618 | IG: dr_derivative_mk
MK Ireland Discord: https://discord.gg/2KdxJzR

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #1777 on: Fri, 15 December 2017, 11:46:25 »

Great news.  You guys are doing a great job considering the issues that popped up!  :thumb:

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #1778 on: Fri, 15 December 2017, 11:47:31 »
There's no question they got that right: https://imgur.com/a/CryyS

Sick build Master of Pancakes.

Offline monkeyplusplus

« Reply #1779 on: Fri, 15 December 2017, 13:00:09 »
Chiming in once again regarding the Ortho PCB. I'll be making a few of these on my own dime and selling the extras. If you're interested, please pm me so I know how many to make. Dunno about price yet, but just to be safe assume high for a PCB, since it'll be such a short run, and they'll be hand assembled. Here's a pic of the design in-progress :)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1780 on: Fri, 15 December 2017, 15:57:29 »
I'm heartened to hear that TerryMatthews has successfully reflowed his board. We are thinking of making a Google form to poll others who would like to do the same (the SMD RGB LEDs will of course be supplied by us). Opting to do this would expedite your order and reduce the load on our team.

Is this Google Form still happening? I'm getting an aluminium bottom so I don't really  need working LEDs, plus I'd much rather have the fun of fixing them myself  ;D

Check the update section on the first page: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=87213.msg2347880#msg2347880

Offline dr_derivative

• Not a real doctor
« Reply #1781 on: Fri, 15 December 2017, 16:01:20 »

Check the update section on the first page: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=87213.msg2347880#msg2347880

There's only a form for cracked bottoms there?
GH/Reddit/DT: dr_derivative | Discord: dr_derivative#3618 | IG: dr_derivative_mk
MK Ireland Discord: https://discord.gg/2KdxJzR

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #1782 on: Fri, 15 December 2017, 21:27:18 »

There's only a form for cracked bottoms there?

Yeah, there needs to be a form for people who were missing parts (stabilizers) and how to handle RGB replacements.

Offline lzlzh035

« Reply #1783 on: Sat, 16 December 2017, 18:05:11 »
Is it possible to know our order details here pls? I'm not sure about what parts I submitted in the order since it's half year ago with so many GBs going on :(

Offline Pwner

• * Maker
  • soon™
    • Ion Keyboards
« Reply #1784 on: Sat, 16 December 2017, 18:28:21 »
Is it possible to know our order details here pls? I'm not sure about what parts I submitted in the order since it's half year ago with so many GBs going on :(

That info will be on your paypal invoice.
Ion | Keycult | Instagram

Offline TelFiRE

« Reply #1785 on: Sat, 16 December 2017, 18:56:41 »

Which is why it would've been pretty cool if the invoice contained the word "Exent" or anything remotely pertaining to the buy with which to search a year's worth of email :P
KBD75 GMK Terminal          XD84 DSA Black on GSF + Hana Matcha + Serum

Offline Pwner

• * Maker
  • soon™
    • Ion Keyboards
« Reply #1786 on: Sat, 16 December 2017, 19:03:52 »

Which is why it would've been pretty cool if the invoice contained the word "Exent" or anything remotely pertaining to the buy with which to search a year's worth of email :P

Just go to paypal and limit it to Feb-Mar, it should be somewhere right around there.
Ion | Keycult | Instagram

Offline rmendis

• Artisan addict
« Reply #1787 on: Sat, 16 December 2017, 19:25:06 »

Just go to paypal and limit it to Feb-Mar, it should be somewhere right around there.

No details there for me.

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #1788 on: Sat, 16 December 2017, 21:12:06 »

Look for an invoice from "Tuhai & Co.".

Offline TelFiRE

« Reply #1789 on: Sun, 17 December 2017, 12:05:13 »
"Basic Kit (inclusive of case with poly-carbonate bottom and 8° feet, pre-assembled PCB)"

I remember I ordered grey, so I assume these are the ones that were planned to ship on the 11th last we knew?

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #1790 on: Sun, 17 December 2017, 16:45:53 »
Based on Juahenza's last comment, it kind of sounds like the replacement polycarbonate bottoms need to be manufactured? I.e. they don't actually have any lying around to ship off?

But, aren't there supposed to be extra Exents? Waiting to be sold when the GB concludes? I've heard people say "there will be extras" since this GB started. Any reason you guys couldn't take polycarbonate from the extra kits, so that those of us who received damaged bottoms get a replacement faster, then manufacture new bottoms for the extra kits which aren't gonna start being sold for, I imagine, quite a while anyway?

I dunno if this is possible but I'd like to know if this can or cannot be done. I'd obviously like to get my replacement bottom sooner rather than later, so anything that can be done to expedite the process is appreciated.
« Last Edit: Sun, 17 December 2017, 16:47:27 by PancakeMSTR »

Offline foxlive

• The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
« Reply #1791 on: Sun, 17 December 2017, 17:08:03 »
Based on Juahenza's last comment, it kind of sounds like the replacement polycarbonate bottoms need to be manufactured? I.e. they don't actually have any lying around to ship off?

But, aren't there supposed to be extra Exents? Waiting to be sold when the GB concludes? I've heard people say "there will be extras" since this GB started. Any reason you guys couldn't take polycarbonate from the extra kits, so that those of us who received damaged bottoms get a replacement faster, then manufacture new bottoms for the extra kits which aren't gonna start being sold for, I imagine, quite a while anyway?

I dunno if this is possible but I'd like to know if this can or cannot be done. I'd obviously like to get my replacement bottom sooner rather than later, so anything that can be done to expedite the process is appreciated.

To my knowledge, I never saw any « official » post about extra.. people say « there will be extra ».. but it may be false

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
  • Colour my life with the chaos of trouble
« Reply #1792 on: Mon, 18 December 2017, 09:47:48 »
"Basic Kit (inclusive of case with poly-carbonate bottom and 8° feet, pre-assembled PCB)"

I remember I ordered grey, so I assume these are the ones that were planned to ship on the 11th last we knew?
Check your PayPal. I remember I did update the tracking of yours. Thanks <3
email: yuktsi@ttggrr.cc

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

« Reply #1793 on: Mon, 18 December 2017, 10:15:08 »
Getting super excited at getting closer to having mine

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #1794 on: Mon, 18 December 2017, 11:12:14 »
Can I please get an answer on what you all are going to do regarding the stabs you didnt include in my kit? I tried to handle this via PM, but you don't respond there.

I don't need it handled today, but I'm getting ready to order more stabs and I need to know if you're sending them or refunding me.

Offline Traveler

« Reply #1795 on: Tue, 19 December 2017, 10:56:34 »
Is there any good documentation for ps2avr/bootmapper? The best I can find is this Geekhack post, but it only seems to cover the basics. Or is that all there is to bootmapper? The only firmware I'm (slightly) familiar with is QMK, which doesn't have a GUI but has lots of documentation and many features.

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #1796 on: Tue, 19 December 2017, 11:19:49 »
Is there any good documentation for ps2avr/bootmapper? The best I can find is this Geekhack post, but it only seems to cover the basics. Or is that all there is to bootmapper? The only firmware I'm (slightly) familiar with is QMK, which doesn't have a GUI but has lots of documentation and many features.

That's pretty much it. Plug your keyboard in, toggle bootmapper, then press a key on the keyboard, it will light up in Bootmapper client, and use the GUI to pick the keycode you want to assign to that key. Rinse and repeat until you have finished mapping the whole keymap, then save and quit.
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline eddible

« Reply #1797 on: Tue, 19 December 2017, 11:49:14 »
You may have been spoilt a little by QMK. Bootmapperclient is great in terms of ease of use but it’s far less powerful than QMK.

Offline TelFiRE

« Reply #1798 on: Tue, 19 December 2017, 12:04:27 »

Check your PayPal. I remember I did update the tracking of yours. Thanks <3

Hmm, my Paypal does not appear to have any tracking info for this order.
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 December 2017, 12:09:24 by TelFiRE »

Offline energyd

« Reply #1799 on: Tue, 19 December 2017, 16:19:58 »
You may have been spoilt a little by QMK. Bootmapperclient is great in terms of ease of use but it’s far less powerful than QMK.

What are the extra function missing in bootmapper?