Author Topic: CHERRY switches have NEW stems, supersmooth!  (Read 127973 times)

Offline Giorgio

Re: [new pictures] cherry linear switches have different stems, supersmooth!
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 09:39:09 »
Cherry states that there is only one kind of cherry mx blacks.

At this point, the mistery remains:
- they lie (unrealistic)
- they ignore that there is a new cherry mx black switch
- my pictures are fake
- I received a test product (again, unrealistic, since there are many in the wild)

Not sure why Cherry is denying their existence? Me, you, & other's have had them in our hands & been inside of the revised switches. Unless my pics are fake as well... I just sent one to Chyros today so we'll see what his take is in a few days.

I forgot to tell that I've given them the address of this page, so they've seen the ongoing discussion. This secrecy is even more confusing  :confused:

More resources:
https://sketchfab.com/cherryofficial
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 March 2017, 09:59:44 by Giorgio »

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
Re: [new pictures] cherry linear switches have different stems, supersmooth!
« Reply #101 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 10:14:21 »

- they lie (unrealistic)
- my pictures are fake
- I received a test product (again, unrealistic, since there are many in the wild)
I've tried to contact them about this, but they've not responded at all on this.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: cherry linear switches have different stems, supersmooth!
« Reply #102 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 10:35:15 »
did you try the old stem in the (new housing)..

From my testing on vintage blacks,  the housing was what made the pronounced smoothness, not the stems.

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #103 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 10:37:47 »

From my testing on vintage blacks,  the housing was what made the pronounced smoothness, not the stems.

Yes, I tried the new stem in the old housing, and they're just as smooth. Old stem in new housing is just as scratchy.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #104 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 10:38:45 »

Yes, I tried the new stem in the old housing, and they're just as smooth. Old stem in new housing is just as scratchy.

what sample size have you tested.  how many stems, and how many housings.

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #105 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 10:46:21 »

what sample size have you tested.  how many stems, and how many housings.

some

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #107 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 10:53:13 »
What are we talking about cherry lying? If we are talking about back in the community interview they did, it wasn't a lie when they said there wasnt a difference between newer scratchy mx blacks vs vintage blacks. There probably wasn't any difference, cherry was probably just using stupidly old molds that were getting more and more scratchy over time, as well as their QC probably went down as they couldn't properly keep up with demand. I'm sure they knew this, maybe not the person who did the interview, but that isn't exactly something they would admit, even if it was disappointing.

I'm sure if we had that interview again now, they would say there was a difference now, might not exactly admit anything about switch smoothness, but im sure they wouldn't deny there is a difference.
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 March 2017, 10:54:55 by HPE1000 »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #108 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 11:06:47 »
What are we talking about cherry lying? If we are talking about back in the community interview they did, it wasn't a lie when they said there wasnt a difference between newer scratchy mx blacks vs vintage blacks. There probably wasn't any difference, cherry was probably just using stupidly old molds that were getting more and more scratchy over time, as well as their QC probably went down as they couldn't properly keep up with demand. I'm sure they knew this, maybe not the person who did the interview, but that isn't exactly something they would admit, even if it was disappointing.

I'm sure if we had that interview again now, they would say there was a difference now, might not exactly admit anything about switch smoothness, but im sure they wouldn't deny there is a difference.

depending on the mold,  some molds get smoother with use..

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #109 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 11:21:25 »

depending on the mold,  some molds get smoother with use..
I suppose that is true. But obviously something they were doing was causing them to get more and more scratchy over time. I'd say it could possibly just be a QC issue then, since even some older mx blacks are scratchy. I've only gone through about 300-400 vintage black switches, but id say about 1 in 10 are very scratchy, even after cleaning them up.

Offline menuhin

« Reply #110 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 13:19:13 »
Let's look at the revisions of Zealios switches - Zeal said that revision 3 needs some improvements in a few models, and then came revision 4 from which the specs are pretty much set. He has been very open about that.

But what if Zealios has already produced revision 3 switches worth of millions?
People will not want to buy any produce with revision 3 switches inside, if Zealios makes such an announcement officially. At least given such an official announcement of improvement, people will definitely prefer revision 4 switches.

If they don't say a single word or even deny it bluntly in a tricky / strategic / diplomatic way, the average consumers will not care too much about which keyboards they are going to get. Only a few of those enthusiasts who investigate and who really want to seek out the truth will get to the details, the details that average consumers do not care as they will just believe in the official narratives of Cherry.

My suggestion is, evidence for the truth has already been emerging, we can continue here to gather more evidence / counter-evidence to prove or to disprove our hypotheses, but we do not need to bother Cherry too much to make any official statement: We do not need to do that unless we are some of the Cherry's competitors. I am already happy enough that seemingly Cherry and Gateron are competing head to head.
We can well keep the investigation going here in GH or in DT or even /r/MK, or even on DT wiki, but keeping the truth (with our documented evidence) just among ourselves the enthusiasts. This should be enough to serve our purpose.
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 March 2017, 14:03:03 by menuhin »
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline ygor

• eat a butt, monkey lord
« Reply #111 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 13:33:57 »
Let's look at the revisions of Zealios switches - Zeal said that revision 3 needs some improvements in a few models, and then came revision 4 from which the specs are pretty much set. He has been very open about that.

People will not want to buy any produce with revision 3 switches inside, if Zealios makes such an announcement officially. At least given such an official announcement of improvement, people will definitely prefer revision 4 switches.

If they don't say a single word or even deny it bluntly in a tricky / strategic / diplomatic way, the average consumers will not care too much about which keyboard they are going to get. Only a few of those enthusiasts who investigate and who really want to seek out the truth will get to the details, the details that average consumers do not care as they will just believe in the official narratives of Cherry.

My suggestion is, evidence for the truth has already been emerging, but we should not bother Cherry too much to make any official statement, I am already happy enough that seemingly Cherry and Gateron are competing head to head.
We can well keep the investigation going here in GH or in DT or even /r/MK, or even on DT wiki, but keeping the truth (with our documented evidence) just among ourselves the enthusiasts should be enough to serve our purpose.

I generally hate all keycaps. Keycaps are for poofs. Real men touchtype on stems. Non-functional artisans are awesome, I use them for the ESC key ... escape is for cowards anyways, real men go frontal assault.

Offline zombimuncha

« Reply #112 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 13:55:43 »
Cherry more than likely has customers who bought the old scratchy switches and still have the some of the keyboards using said switches in stock waiting to sell. If Cherry announces that those old switches are obsolete and their new switches are better, those customers (keyboard makers) will be rather angry. Cherry surely prefers not to make its valued clients angry, as they want their repeat business.

Offline falkentyne

« Reply #113 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 16:56:22 »
Cherry's being lazy and lying again eh?
Cherry's marketing:

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #114 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 16:59:27 »
All I want are pinks cause they fell gud. if it feel gud, im gud

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #115 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 17:26:38 »

- they lie (unrealistic)
- my pictures are fake

Not sure why Cherry is denying their existence? Me, you, & other's have had them in our hands & been inside of the revised switches. Unless my pics are fake as well... I just sent one to Chyros today so we'll see what his take is in a few days.

I forgot to tell that I've given them the address of this page, so they've seen the ongoing discussion. This secrecy is even more confusing  :confused:

More resources:
https://sketchfab.com/cherryofficial

Thanks for the link! Yeah it is a little odd that Cherry is keeping hush hush about the changes but menuhin & zombimuncha both have a really good point as to why they are being secretive about the revision. It would make sense that they don't want the revised stems to be widely known about right now. I'm sure there is a ton of retailers who have either KBs that have the old blacks or just a bunch of the old black switches themselves in stock waiting to be sold. I'd imagine they would be pretty unhappy if Cherry was shouting from the rooftops about their new revised switches & it caused people to avoid anything with the old stock in it.

When I ordered switches for my latest build I wanted the new Cherry blacks but was concerned about being able to get them. So much so I actually ordered a batch of Gat blacks with my order from Sentraq as back up in case I got old stock blacks from SwitchTop. Thankfully they were the new ones & I was able to put my desired switches into my build, but I am curious as to how widely available the new stock? Also pretty curious if they revised the stems for all of their switches or just the linear line? I ordered 100 tactile greys fro MK.com last night so I'll post some pics of what their stems look/feel like when I get them & try to find some older pics of tactile grey stems if possible.

If they don't say a single word or even deny it bluntly in a tricky / strategic / diplomatic way, the average consumers will not care too much about which keyboards they are going to get. Only a few of those enthusiasts who investigate and who really want to seek out the truth will get to the details, the details that average consumers do not care as they will just believe in the official narratives of Cherry.

My suggestion is, evidence for the truth has already been emerging, we can continue here to gather more evidence / counter-evidence to prove or to disprove our hypotheses, but we do not need to bother Cherry too much to make any official statement: We do not need to do that unless we are some of the Cherry's competitors. I am already happy enough that seemingly Cherry and Gateron are competing head to head.
We can well keep the investigation going here in GH or in DT or even /r/MK, or even on DT wiki, but keeping the truth (with our documented evidence) just among ourselves the enthusiasts. This should be enough to serve our purpose.

Props on that post :thumb: You make a very convincing argument. I would say on one hand there really is not a huge need to get confirmation from Cherry themselves right now when we already have the evidence that changes have been made. On the other hand it would be nice to have some type of official statement from Cherry, if they were to respond to Giorgio or chyros with conformation of the changes I doubt word would travel far from the enthusiast community.

Honestly though you are right about the reasons they would want to keep it hush hush about the revised stems for now. Also I have to agree that just knowing they finally stepped up & made some changes to keep up with/exceed the competition is really good enough for the enthusiast community. I'm sure in a few months or so once the old stock is just about gone Cherry will start touting their changes, because it really does make for a much smoother & pleasurable switch compared to any older modern Cherry black I have tried before. Even though it was just plain dumb luck I'm pretty happy to have 2 boards with the new blacks so early on TBH. ;D

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #116 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 05:42:44 »
More pictures of the new mx blacks, side to side with silent switches (gray).

http://wemedia.ifeng.com/10872347/wemedia.shtml

Offline testplsignore

• I am one with the Cup Rubber...
« Reply #117 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 06:49:17 »
Does anyone know if Winkeyless has the new ones?

Realforce 10AE 45g Type-S & 55g    HHKB BT & Type-S    Realforce RGB Hype-S    FC980C    FC660C    Filco BT TKL

Offline menuhin

« Reply #118 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 07:30:41 »
Just a reminder, we are mostly talking about those obvious structural differences in here.

But there are also details of the finish and observable quality achieved by the manufacturing.

More
Stem's finish:
Left Zealios, Right Cherry brown

Gold crosspoint leaf's finish:
Left Cherry brown, Right Zealios

Source:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=74836.msg1847809#msg1847809

And who manufactures Zealios?
ANS: Gateron
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #119 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 13:40:21 »
Cherry's being lazy and lying again eh?
Cherry's marketing:

Show Image

is this photoshopped ?

why's it poofy like that,  what's in there. ?

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #120 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 14:00:26 »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #121 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 14:10:33 »
Bierbauch

no, but in the foto,  it's structurally --upright-- even though he's laying flat.. how's the possible ?

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #122 on: Thu, 30 March 2017, 14:18:00 »
Well, tickle all my cheeks. First time coming across this thread.

So--let's pretend I skimmed only the first page. What's the summation? New blacks confirmed?

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #123 on: Thu, 30 March 2017, 14:19:26 »
tl;dr probably new molds

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #124 on: Thu, 30 March 2017, 14:19:56 »

So--let's pretend I skimmed only the first page. What's the summation? New blacks confirmed?
ALL your cheeks?

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #125 on: Thu, 30 March 2017, 14:23:28 »
tl;dr probably new molds

Okay, so I skimmed a bit more.
So looks like fresh molds are causing the newest sliders to be smoother since...new molds. And that switchtop supposedly carries the freshest of batches. Can anyone else who's ordered some confirm? If this is the case, I may order some myself to use in my next board instead of vintage blacks.

ALL your cheeks?

That's what I said!

Offline ygor

• eat a butt, monkey lord
« Reply #126 on: Thu, 30 March 2017, 14:25:10 »
And that switchtop supposedly carries the freshest of batches. Can anyone else who's ordered some confirm? If this is the case, I may order some myself to use in my next board instead of vintage blacks.

I emailed Josh, dude who runs Switchtop, a few days ago. Can confirm, blacks in stock are teh new moldz.
I generally hate all keycaps. Keycaps are for poofs. Real men touchtype on stems. Non-functional artisans are awesome, I use them for the ESC key ... escape is for cowards anyways, real men go frontal assault.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #127 on: Thu, 30 March 2017, 14:27:21 »
And that switchtop supposedly carries the freshest of batches. Can anyone else who's ordered some confirm? If this is the case, I may order some myself to use in my next board instead of vintage blacks.

I emailed Josh, dude who runs Switchtop, a few days ago. Can confirm, blacks in stock are teh new moldz.

Sock me sideways! Vintage blacks, g'bye. New blacks, here I come!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #128 on: Thu, 30 March 2017, 14:37:01 »
This has  cherry PING !! all over it for now.. 

Definitely require more reports.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #129 on: Thu, 30 March 2017, 15:14:57 »
They're 100% better. Built my LZ yesterday and it's smoother than the Filco I've been using for years.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #130 on: Thu, 30 March 2017, 15:21:35 »
They're 100% better. Built my LZ yesterday and it's smoother than the Filco I've been using for years.

Where did you order yours from? Is switchtop the only confirmed shop? I'd order from them but no PCB-mount.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #131 on: Thu, 30 March 2017, 15:31:37 »

Where did you order yours from? Is switchtop the only confirmed shop? I'd order from them but no PCB-mount.

I bought mine from mechanicalkeyboards /shrug
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Rob27shred

« Reply #132 on: Thu, 30 March 2017, 20:05:25 »

Agreed, I got my FC660M that has them on a whim & was full well expecting somewhat scratchy blacks from prior testing & general word of mouth on Cherry blacks. I was blown away when I got it though, every switch is super smooth & the board is dead quiet. The thing just oozes quality far beyond what I was expecting from a $109 board. After that I knew for I sure I wanted the "new" Cherry Blacks for my 1st build & I thankfully got them in it. The 60% I built has the same super smooth & dead silent feel/sound as my FC660M. ;D

On another note I got my batch of 100 Cherry tactile greys from mechanicalkeyboards.com in today (well 98 of them, I guess whoever put my order together miscounted :mad: I already emailed them about & am sure they'll make it right though. Up until this order I had nothing but great experiences buying through them). Here is some shots of the stems.
164375-0
164377-1
164379-2
It has the same shape as the new blacks do sans the tactile bump on the arms & the switches have a very smooth action. But I do not have any older Cherry tactile switches to compare it to unfortunately. The only older Cherry switches I had on hand were blues & whites which don't make for a good comparison but here are some pics I took anyways.
164381-3
164383-4
164385-5
Does anyone have pics or access to some older Cherry tactile switches to take pics of the stems. I'm really curious if all Cherry switches now have the revised sliders, or if the tactile & clicky tactile switches are made with the same tooling the have been made with in the past?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #133 on: Thu, 30 March 2017, 20:14:19 »

Agreed, I got my FC660M that has them on a whim & was full well expecting somewhat scratchy blacks from prior testing & general word of mouth on Cherry blacks. I was blown away when I got it though, every switch is super smooth & the board is dead quiet. The thing just oozes quality far beyond what I was expecting from a $109 board. After that I knew for I sure I wanted the "new" Cherry Blacks for my 1st build & I thankfully got them in it. The 60% I built has the same super smooth & dead silent feel/sound as my FC660M. ;D

On another note I got my batch of 100 Cherry tactile greys from mechanicalkeyboards.com in today (well 98 of them, I guess whoever put my order together miscounted :mad: I already emailed them about & am sure they'll make it right though. Up until this order I had nothing but great experiences buying through them). Here is some shots of the stems.
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
It has the same shape as the new blacks do sans the tactile bump on the arms & the switches have a very smooth action. But I do not have any older Cherry tactile switches to compare it to unfortunately. The only older Cherry switches I had on hand were blues & whites which don't make for a good comparison but here are some pics I took anyways.
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
Does anyone have pics or access to some older Cherry tactile switches to take pics of the stems. I'm really curious if all Cherry switches now have the revised sliders, or if the tactile & clicky tactile switches are made with the same tooling the have been made with in the past?

what comparison are you saying we should be making visually.. ??

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #134 on: Thu, 30 March 2017, 20:16:53 »
I will say, whoever does the counting at mechanicalkeyboards doesn't have the best eye. I ordered 70 switches and I got 74.

(This is Re: Rob27shred's post)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #135 on: Thu, 30 March 2017, 20:21:48 »
I will say, whoever does the counting at mechanicalkeyboards doesn't have the best eye. I ordered 70 switches and I got 74.

pretty sure they just weigh it..

Offline Rob27shred

« Reply #136 on: Thu, 30 March 2017, 21:13:47 »

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

what comparison are you saying we should be making visually.. ??

To the part of the stem that faces away from the metal leaves in the housing, the opposite side of the arms on the stem (the 1st & 4th pics). Looking at pics from the OP that is the major difference on the old vs new blacks. Not sure if there has been any changes to the tactile stems, although these have the same shape as the new black stems.

Offline Rob27shred

« Reply #137 on: Thu, 30 March 2017, 21:16:46 »

I think tp may be right & they do it by weight but you'd think they make sure to go a bit over like they did with your order. I'm sure they'll make it right, just sucks to only be shorted by 2 switches...

Offline nugglets

« Reply #138 on: Thu, 30 March 2017, 21:34:01 »

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

I think you are confusing the new and old in the OP. Those greys you posted have the old style sliders.

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #139 on: Thu, 30 March 2017, 21:35:05 »
Oh god I need these silent grey/blacks

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #140 on: Fri, 31 March 2017, 03:01:43 »
Oh god I need these silent grey/blacks

I've just noticed that the silent version of blacks is gray, while the silent version of reds is pink.

Offline menuhin

« Reply #141 on: Fri, 31 March 2017, 05:29:02 »

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

I think these stems have some obvious features that are different from the new one:
New (on the left) has its the non-tactile side much more covered and has only a smaller square shape cut out, compared to the old one (on the right); apart from other things such as the old one has molding ridges on both sides of the stem.
https://geekhack.org/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=88031.0;attach=162993;image
More
IBM M13 black
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT

Offline keycapper

« Reply #142 on: Mon, 03 April 2017, 10:28:43 »

Have any keyboards been produced with these silent black switches yet?

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #143 on: Mon, 03 April 2017, 11:03:25 »

g80-3494 should be available in a couple of weeks, you can find it on amazon.com; final price will be lower, about $110

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #144 on: Mon, 03 April 2017, 12:57:55 »
This is apparently true. Hopefully more later.

Offline Giorgio

Offline Rob27shred

« Reply #146 on: Mon, 03 April 2017, 18:32:23 »

While I haven't de-soldered any switches to 100% confirm I'm pretty sure Leopold is using the "new" blacks. I got a FC600M with Cherry blacks fro mechanicalkeyboards.com almost 2 months ago & the switches are very smooth. I also got a batch from switchtop.com that I did confirm had the new stems which felt identical to the ones in my FC660M.

Although I will say grabbing any KB with Cherry blacks from anywhere right now is most likely a 50/50 crap shoot. There are both old & new blacks in the wild still. This especially holds true with pre-built KBs. To be guaranteed a board has switches with the new stems I would follow Giorgio's advice & wait on the official Cherry boards, or get confirmation from the retailer that a board you're looking at has new stock Cherry switches in it.

Offline Rob27shred

« Reply #147 on: Mon, 03 April 2017, 18:39:11 »
They changed the brown switches too!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170331/d4461fd1d00d5229a6b18b689839d962.jpg

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=88594.0

So that confirms they changed the greys as well! I think they did re-tool their whole line up now after seeing the browns you just posted. The greys I got are pretty damn smooth. In fact smooth enough that I do not think it is worth lubing a board's worth of them with krytox after testing one today. Cherry making a comeback :thumb: :))

Offline SICAR187

« Reply #148 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 01:10:08 »
  Does anyone have a 100% confirmation that MK.com and Winkeyless, both stocking/selling this new design?

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #149 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 01:12:24 »
  Does anyone have a 100% confirmation that MK.com and Winkeyless, both stocking/selling this new design?

I emailed mk.com and they said they don't know.