Author Topic: KAWA KORNER: FS iphone party: all GSM unlocked; WTB switch grab bag  (Read 12518 times)

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
Folks,

ATTENTION: we've finally found someone with a killer macro setup and i want to send them a selection of switches to take apart and photograph for the common good. someone with a wealth of switches, please price me out a couple of each color of MX, and a bunch of different alps, etc. i'll buy piecemeal, whatever. i'm particularly looking for harder to find switches (spacebar cherries, clears and whites, alps anything, etc.). also vintage switches for comparison purposes; if it comes to it i can get a basic cherry pack from WASD. UPDATE: bought a basic sample pack from wasd. still looking for exotic and vintage switches, alps switches, keycap samples.

I have far too much crap and not enough money at the moment, AND SO I've found myself in the unfortunate position of needing to exchange the crap for money. Note that I will be updating this list as I find more crap. All shipped prices are CONUS only. All prices are OBO unless otherwise noted.

2) project RSX-S. 55k miles 2005. located in LA. weird, yah, i know. shockingly fast. email if for some reason you're interested. *shrug*

=================
SOLD
=================

4) iphone 4 32gb GSM unlocked. asking 250 230 200 OBO

1) iphone 5 16gb black, GSM unlocked (A1428), looks like new. battery has a year of use on it, but was kept topped up for the most part. always in a case with a screen cover. 450 425 400 OBO shipped conus

2) iphone 3gs 16gb black GSM unlocked. asking 110 100 OBO

3) Cherry MX switch sticker sheets. 2 green 2 red. 26$ 24$ 20$ shipped. i am not ever going to sticker a set of MX switches. i have no idea why i bought these.

5) bare conductive pens. http://www.bareconductive.com 9$ each shipped. this stuff is really really cool. (1 left) GONE

NOTE TO SELF: paint glass-ceramic plate with barecon ink, flow current, profit.
all gone

1) Fluke 79 iii DMM. an incredibly reliable DMM with true RMS ac/dc voltage, amperage (up to 10A sustained), resistance, connectivity and diode tester, capacitance and tachometer. reliable and accurate isn't very sexy, but there you go. it's about 10 years old but doesn't show it because of largely bench use. the screen has one tiny tiny mark on it that affects nothing. expect it to last another 20 reliable and accurate years. comes with a set of test leads and alligator clip attachments for them. i also think i have an extra 10A fuse in a box somewhere, and i definitely have the magnetized clip-strap thing (which is shockingly useful, actually). 100$ shipped.

frankly, i would keep this for another 20 years, but i've been kicking myself for the last 10 that i didn't get temperature, and now i need temp, so i'll be upgrading to either a 179 (a 79 + temp) or all out on a 287 as a stopgap before a digital bench oscillo.
sold

1) hakko fx-888. practically brand new, frankly. i'll also include some extra goodies. i have a wealth of tips and spongey things. 50 shipped. FOURTY FIVE DOLLARS SHIPPED DAMNIT I AM QUITE SERIOUS

i'll include a brand new standard tip with the unit and a brand new brass wire ball PENDING
SOLD

3) Small MDPC sleeve (sold by the meter). I bought multiple dumping packs a while ago, expecting to have time to complete some bizarre case mod or other, but never found that time. Colors available:
70m black                        6$/10m
70m aquamarine mk2        7$/10m

17268-0
left to right: aqua, grey mk2, titan, black

4) precut mdpc sleeve. 20m aqua, 10m black. 20 18$ shipped conus.
all gone!

1) 180gb Intel 520 SSD 120$ 110$ shipped. the health meter on this should be between 0-5%. it was spanned with another identical drive, and i was paranoid about writing to it. the case has some sticky adhesive in various places -- i used velcro to secure it.

2) Seasonic x-750 gold PSU w/ ~2 sets of cables. Used 24/7 for about a year; i think i managed to flip the fan on about twice, if at all. 80$ 70$ shipped (it's heavy!!!)
went to relatives or kept it

2) camera stuff: http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1203881/0#11475312 keeping it

6) ID innovations ps2 -> USB adapters. works perfectly with model Ms and other high current draw ps2 devices. 12$/ea + shipping (5 left) on hold. need a few for sskr

1) CCnG set attached at the hip to a qfr with MX green switches (THE BEST SWITCHES SORRY ALARIC). Comes with full TKL set, both geekhack keys, tsangan kit with a bunch of extra 7x spacebars, some cherry set keys, some geekhack pack keys and whatever else i feel like putting into the package :D. 220 210 200 shipped CONUS. yes, every switch clicks and is amazing because it's an MX green and they are the best MX switches PERIOD.

(and no, i won't split this. you WILL accept your new green overlords. I DEMAND OF ITTTT)

18261-1
fig.4 THE BEST SWITCHES ARE GREEN

8 ) Super minimalist orange LED KBT pure CHERRY BLUES. Comes mounted to a thick aluminum backplate from oneproduct's run of cases but keyless. Backplate is blue anodized, but there are issues with the finish. Asking 60$ shipped conus gone

9) Vortex Poker Plate. Asking 15$ shipped conus gone

6) Cherry MX Clear PCB-mount switches. I've been keeping them around to help people prototype, but not only do I hate clears, but I don't have time to help people prototype. I'm not entirely sure how many I have, but it's a couple keyboard's worth. Asking ? gone

1) Industrial top-cased IBM SSK (original '88 internals). this was tsangan's "extra" SSK, and I bought it from him LIKE A SUCKER. Asking 275 + shipping, because I think that's how much I bought it for, but who knows. Weighs 4lbs 0.2oz, which is quite a bit more than your average SSK. Comes with weirdo keys. Ask tsangan about them because I haven't the foggiest. gone

2) Ergotron LX monitor arm, 80$ 65$ shipped CONUS. I think one of the plastic cable guides is missing (or at least I can't find it at the moment). If you really need this piece I can pull a cable guide from one of the other 2 LXs I have. comes with both grommet mount and clamp mount parts and adjustment allen wrenches gone

2) Bizarre keycap grab bag. two incomplete imsto thick PBT keysets, a blue on dark grey cherry lettering and a blue on blue in imsto's older font. Comes with OTD RGB set, some GEEKHACK imsto test keys, and the final, mythical fourth GEEKHACK.ORG blue spacebar. 100$ shipped CONUS

4) 6.25x MX Titanium spacebar. 3 cruciforms, cherry profile, shiny finish, from Feng's initial run. 100$ 80$ shipped. small 1x1mm tarnished mark on top. it's quite difficult to see, and immediately disappears into the marks your fingers make when you actually use it (because you're going to, right?). i'm sure it's fixable without abrasives, but i spent my time in undergrad chemistry blowing up equipment for fun, so i have no idea how to do it myself.

1) Thick-plated '92 SSK (original '92 internals). this was my favorite non-bolted SSK for a while, because it has about 6oz more backplate than your average SSK, and the rivets are holding nicely. Asking 220 200 + shipping 210 200 shipped CONUS. Weighs 3lbs 14.8oz. The keys on it right now are very slightly non-standard. However, I can put whatever keys you want on it, really. note that, because i can build new ssk internals blindfolded, i'm dead serious about this being a good original ssk sample. if it weren't, it wouldn't still be in one piece. it really feels particularly good for a classic ssk. more pictures

comes with everything below EXCEPT THE KEYBOARD
17305-2

sleeving that is gone
20m grey mk2                    11$/10m
10m titan grey                   11$
30m dark blue
10m commando green

17221-3
fig. 1: various craps (not the book, I need that)
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 June 2013, 10:17:51 by mkawa »

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
Re: FS: 2x original IBM SSK, MX Titanium Spacebar, MDPC-X, Ergotron LX, ...
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 29 March 2013, 09:14:24 »
my god i have a lot of junk

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline CommunistWitchDr

• >implying keyboards
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 29 March 2013, 09:26:25 »
If I didn't need my win key for i3 the SSKs would be so tempting.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 29 March 2013, 09:40:01 »
What size is that spacebar?

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 29 March 2013, 09:40:51 »
samwisekoi may (or may not!) have dibs on the industrial ssk

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants

Offline jcrouse

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 29 March 2013, 09:42:55 »
Pm sent for clear switches.

John

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 29 March 2013, 09:45:03 »
clear switches are gone

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 29 March 2013, 10:07:56 »
Curious what that pure looks like
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 29 March 2013, 11:00:14 »
somehow i managed to slightly tarnish the titan spacebar, so 80$ shipped now. pictures incoming. may be impossible to see with potatocam, but there's a 1x1mm discoloration mark just to the upper left of center. it's almost certainly fixable chemically, without abrasive, but i don't know how to treat titanium, so i'm not going to try.

30m of the aquamarine mkII sleeve claimed. probably 70m left.
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 March 2013, 16:51:53 by mkawa »

Offline Neal

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 29 March 2013, 11:09:30 »
Might still be interested in that spacebar, I'm quite picky though. Awaiting pictures.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 29 March 2013, 12:13:14 »
oh my god potatocam so bad

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 29 March 2013, 12:22:45 »
...and the KBT Pure (NOTE: DOES NOT COME WITH KEYCAPS NO KEYCAPS AT ALL WILL COME WITH IT). CHERRY BLUES, by klaxon! i can't believe i forgot to mention switch type

asking 60$ shipped

vortex plate and keyboard for 70$ shipped

SOLD SOLD SOLD
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 March 2013, 16:51:17 by mkawa »

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
Re: FS: IBM SSK, MX Titanium Spacebar, MDPC sleeving, Monitor arm, ...
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 29 March 2013, 17:28:54 »
i'm only bumping this to one-up boost

Offline CommunistWitchDr

• >implying keyboards
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 29 March 2013, 17:40:30 »
i'm only bumping this to one-up boost

Other ways to one up boost-
Actually sell something

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 29 March 2013, 20:14:29 »
BURN

Offline Jupiter

Are you shipping internationally or CONUS only?

Interested in Ti Space bar...
(Going to be) building Phantom - Red MDPC / White Heatshrink Pexon Cable - WoR/RoW Klaxon - Shiny Titanium Spacebar - Titanium Zerg key

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
YGPM
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
i'll ship the spacebar internationally, no problem. it would just be a few bucks extra.

i have about 10 adapters in stock.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
PM'd for Bizarre Key Cap Grab Bag.
« Last Edit: Sat, 30 March 2013, 09:14:13 by mashby »

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
the best part about cutting sleeve is that i get to break out the butane torch/hot knife :D

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
Re: KAWA KORNER: SSK, Titanium Space, MDPC sleeving, USB PS2 adapters!?
« Reply #21 on: Sun, 31 March 2013, 07:09:05 »
prices lowered

Offline CommunistWitchDr

• >implying keyboards
« Reply #22 on: Sun, 31 March 2013, 12:41:30 »
That sleeve, is it the right size for typical USB cable? If so I might have to take one.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
KAWA KORNER: SSK, Titanium Space, MDPC sleeving, USB PS2 adapters!?
« Reply #23 on: Sun, 31 March 2013, 12:46:09 »
How is that spacebar still for sale at that price!
Buy it folks, titanium is amazing!

And also wondering if the mdpc is USB size or smaller, I'm guessing smaller.

Offline Neal

« Reply #24 on: Sun, 31 March 2013, 14:56:13 »
Ugh yeah, that spacebar. Amazing price too, its just too shiny for me.
Sorry, GL.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #25 on: Sun, 31 March 2013, 15:44:49 »
mdpc small is usually used on insulated 18ga wire (~0.08-0.1" OD), but it's _very_ tightly woven compared to techflex, happyfunbunnyebayguysleeve, etc. so it will probably stretch to 1.5-2x that without much if any of the underlying wire showing through. if anyone wants to play around with it, i have a couple of packed cut and unpacked cut pieces that i can sell for a bit cheaper:

1) 20m aqua, 10m black for 20$ shipped CONUS
2) 6m aqua, for free if you buy something else (except (1))

i actually really like the titan space, and i only put it up because i thought it would sell quickly. i may just keep it *shrug*. still for sale for now anyway, but firm at 80.

the ssk on the other hand, has to go. it comes with a USB cable and i can throw in all kinds of weird M caps if you want. if you want a really nice classic SSK though, this is it dudes.
« Last Edit: Tue, 02 April 2013, 08:39:56 by mkawa »

Offline khaangaaroo

« Reply #26 on: Sun, 31 March 2013, 16:36:24 »
I'm kind interested in the SSK. But I don't really know what you mean by "non-standard" keys and "weird M caps" haha

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #27 on: Sun, 31 March 2013, 19:08:33 »
oh, the keys that are on it right now have a few weird symbols on them. some of these might have been the shift/ctrl/alt caps though, and it currently has unicomp rgbs on it. I think it came with a key that just said "SEND" on it. I hit it many times, but nothing was ever sent. I will l'attach a better picture. ps, local pickup in west LA.

below (top to bottom): SSK, literal pitcher full of keycaps for buckling spring keyboards, weird colorful M caps, project car for sale (also pickup in west la)
« Last Edit: Sun, 31 March 2013, 19:16:12 by mkawa »

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #28 on: Sun, 31 March 2013, 19:10:12 »
Any chance you have a spare O with side printed 6 cap kawa?

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #29 on: Sun, 31 March 2013, 19:12:36 »
yah, but it comes with a full set of SSK caps :P

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #30 on: Sun, 31 March 2013, 19:43:57 »
yah, but it comes with a full set of SSK caps :P

With or without a full SSK? lol

Coz I could use a few SSK caps, maybe more than just the one.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #31 on: Sun, 31 March 2013, 19:48:47 »
i have numerous complete sets. shoot me a pm with what you want

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #32 on: Mon, 01 April 2013, 11:12:08 »
20 bucks off the ssk, today only. april fool's sale! (no really, not an april fool's joke, just want to move this board).

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #33 on: Mon, 01 April 2013, 14:22:33 »
Holy crap, that's a good deal.

I will take an adapter, please.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #34 on: Tue, 02 April 2013, 08:33:04 »
boost says he sleeves USB cables with MDPC small. take that as you will.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #35 on: Tue, 02 April 2013, 08:35:24 »
Did he say this yesterday? That jokester...

Offline E TwentyNine

• Some of My Keyboards
« Reply #36 on: Tue, 02 April 2013, 08:53:41 »
Any chance you have a spare O with side printed 6 cap kawa?

Side printed SSK caps?  Is that a unicomp thing?  Do they not do the top printed black/grey legends on those keys?
Daily driver: SSK or Tenkeyless IBM AT
1984 Model M Industrial Prototype ⌨ 1992 Black Oval Industrial SSK ⌨ 1982 5251 Beam Spring ⌨ 89 Key "SSK" ⌨ M13 triplets

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #37 on: Tue, 02 April 2013, 09:06:26 »
On an SSK, they have numbers on the side for the numpad section, as well as the original legends on top. Google an SSK and take a look at some pictures.

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #38 on: Tue, 02 April 2013, 09:12:24 »
How the hell is that ssk still available?
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #39 on: Tue, 02 April 2013, 09:16:46 »
How the hell is that ssk still available?

Offline E TwentyNine

• Some of My Keyboards
« Reply #40 on: Tue, 02 April 2013, 09:33:03 »
On an SSK, they have numbers on the side for the numpad section, as well as the original legends on top. Google an SSK and take a look at some pictures.

Not on an IBM SSK. They normally have the grey secondary legends for the numbers on the top in addition to the original legends.    The side printed legends are PgUp/etc, which are the secondary legends on the numberpad (on a keyboard with a numberpad).

That SSK has nothing extra on top and only side print.
1984 Model M Industrial Prototype ⌨ 1992 Black Oval Industrial SSK ⌨ 1982 5251 Beam Spring ⌨ 89 Key "SSK" ⌨ M13 triplets

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #41 on: Tue, 02 April 2013, 10:28:54 »
I see what you mean! Maybe it is a Unicomp thing. What leads me to believe that is the thickness of the dyesubbed legends on those keys versus others. My Unicomp RGB legends are thicker than the original IBM keys. Kind of messes with my OCD... but I'm not sure if IBMs ever shipped with RGBs that I could hunt for.

Offline E TwentyNine

• Some of My Keyboards
« Reply #42 on: Tue, 02 April 2013, 13:09:47 »
Oddly enough, this post indicates that Unicomp's SSK keys do have the proper black/grey legends.

So I don't know what these are.

mkawa, can you elaborate on where those caps came from?

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #43 on: Tue, 02 April 2013, 13:47:27 »
Oddly enough, this post indicates that Unicomp's SSK keys do have the proper black/grey legends.

I really has no idea. I have two 1988 grey label IBM SSKs I bought from taobao. One has the top printed legends with secondary next to them. The other has the side printed secondary legends. As to know if either are original caps, would need a pro like kawa to chime in.

Sorry for crapping up your thread kawa.
BUY HIS STUFF FOLKS!!! He's a GeekHack national treasure!

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #44 on: Tue, 02 April 2013, 15:09:39 »

which caps? i'm incredibly confused. i've seen so many different cap variations on SSKs that i have absolutely no idea what the "one true printing configuration" is.

and IBM/lexmark never shipped any caps that weren't classic beige/grey until they became unicomp afaik. frankly though, the best two people to ask about this are a) old school unicomp employees (some of whom may be fully retired at this point) b) webwit/sixty.

Offline aggiejy

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #45 on: Wed, 03 April 2013, 16:03:59 »
'92 SSK ... PAID!

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #46 on: Wed, 03 April 2013, 16:05:00 »
A SALE SURPRISE!??!

Offline aggiejy

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #47 on: Wed, 03 April 2013, 17:04:31 »
I don't complain with someone sends me money without asking first. :)

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
Re: KAWA KORNER: Titanium Space, MDPC sleeving, USB PS2 adapters!?
« Reply #48 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 08:36:12 »
bumping in case i can fancy up some people's cables or get some conductive ink to experimenters. i'm starting to run low on adapters, so i'll probably only sell a few more. i need a few to hardwire to some ssk pcbs :D

if you're interested in an 85mm f1.8g nikon or a 35mm 1.4g nikon for slightly below used market pricing, shoot me a PM. these will be offloaded on fredmiranda forthwith though, so hurry dat ass up!

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
Re: KAWA KORNER: Titanium Space, MDPC sleeving, USB PS2 adapters!?
« Reply #49 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 09:11:51 »
oh come to think of it, i may have a ccng tkl set. i can't remember if it's complete..