Author Topic: Would You Guys Buy Esports Keycaps?  (Read 2879 times)

Offline The Cat Whisperer

• meowdy
Would You Guys Buy Esports Keycaps?
« on: Thu, 26 November 2020, 22:55:09 »
With the release of the TLxTKC keycap set, would you guys get sets based on other teams? like a C9, TSM, or Gambit themed set? I would personally like a TSM set

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
Re: Would You Guys Buy Esports Keycaps?
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 27 November 2020, 13:36:44 »
Gods no, TKC is coming full circle from once they initially broke off from to try and supply enthusiast customizable products.
One of the biggest reasons I got deeper into mechanical keyboards was because enthusiasts strayed away from stuff like that. Pairing with esports orgs or e-celebs feels very cheap since it's common practice with other "gamer" focused OEM keyboard companies.

Offline Error213

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 27 November 2020, 23:24:53 »
With the release of the TLxTKC keycap set, would you guys get sets based on other teams? like a C9, TSM, or Gambit themed set? I would personally like a TSM set
ehh idk, depends how it looks, and the team. But if it’s fnatic or astralis, take my money

Offline mrvco

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 22:16:51 »
Certainly not based on that Team Liquid set.  I've been a PC gamer since the beginning, but not into the eSports / gamer lifestyle scene.

Offline Key_Capt

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 05 December 2020, 02:34:33 »
Gods no, TKC is coming full circle from once they initially broke off from to try and supply enthusiast customizable products.
One of the biggest reasons I got deeper into mechanical keyboards was because enthusiasts strayed away from stuff like that. Pairing with esports orgs or e-celebs feels very cheap since it's common practice with other "gamer" focused OEM keyboard companies.

Though I cant comment on TKC's past as I am only about a year into this hobby, I agree with this sentiment. The TL set seems like something I would expect to see on a sponsored collab board, like the Clix.