Author Topic: GID Translucent Click Clack FS on Ebay  (Read 18056 times)

Offline sorijealut

• steam
GID Translucent Click Clack FS on Ebay
« on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 17:24:36 »
I will be selling the Glow in the dark (unnamed color) Click Clack item via Ebay over the next week.

Thank for the interest! :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/231566349579?
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 May 2015, 01:00:47 by sorijealut »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: GID Translucent Click Clack FS on Ebay
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 17:31:19 »
As much as I'd like this, I know I'm not going to be able to afford anything like the price it will go for.

GLWS!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 17:41:02 »
Are the GID speckles bubbles which are refracting the light, or are they a suspension that has been added into the plastic?
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 17:46:41 »
As much as I'd like this, I know I'm not going to be able to afford anything like the price it will go for.

GLWS!
Thanks for that rowdy,
Since I didn't know an exact price for it, I had to choose the auction route.

Are the GID speckles bubbles which are refracting the light, or are they a suspension that has been added into the plastic?

Ah, that is a good question.

You can say they're suspended in a way, invisible without a light shining beneath, they're the starry specks that appear when glowing.

Just took another picture for you that may help you a bit. You cannot touch them physically on the surface or the inside, they're suspended.

« Last Edit: Tue, 19 May 2015, 16:06:56 by sorijealut »

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 21:53:47 »
This is a sweet cap but the price is going to be astronomical.  :blank:
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 19:44:01 »
Oh ****, this is that new clack!  :confused:

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 19:46:31 »
Oh ****, this is that new clack!  ???

A new old-clack. Apparently its not from clackvent so it was just never shown before. :O

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 19:47:24 »
Oh ****, this is that new clack!  ???

A new old-clack. Apparently its not from clackvent so it was just never shown before. :O

Oh yeah! I forgot I read that part! Insane!

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 02:40:10 »
$300 already.

3 days left. Anyone wanna guess what this'll go to lol?

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 03:28:31 »
Guess we'll have to wait and see

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 06:30:41 »
US $680.00 :eek:
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 06:36:23 »
Going for that cheeky $1k boys

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 06:44:49 »
So when dealing with clacks that sell for such high amounts of money do people normally do things like ship overnight, insure the package for the sale price and request signature upon delivery?

I have a hard time trusting ebay to sell high value items, of course the entire clack market seems to be somewhat soured lately.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #13 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 06:51:03 »
US $680.00 :eek:
you gotta be kidding me!

Offline ImDaBaron

« Reply #14 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 09:19:52 »
Lol was at 300 and some idiot puts a bid in at 600 with 3 days left.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #15 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 09:20:32 »
Idiot or seller's throwaway account?

Offline ImDaBaron

« Reply #16 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 09:35:19 »
Well it looks like that guy has feedback from 139 people. I doubt it's a throw away.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 09:42:15 »

3loved? Synjined?

Anyways, these prices are insane.  I hope the seller is nice enough to send Clack most if the profits...or, at the very least, a chunk of it.

This is also why I hate Clacksanity their frequent use as status symbols.
« Last Edit: Fri, 22 May 2015, 09:44:02 by nubbinator »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 10:00:57 »

3loved? Synjined?

Anyways, these prices are insane.  I hope the seller is nice enough to send Clack most if the profits...or, at the very least, a chunk of it.

If someone is dropping >$500 on one clack the only status symbol is that you have too much money and not enough sense.

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 10:17:08 »

I hope the seller is nice enough to send Clack most if the profits...or, at the very least, a chunk of it.

Me too man, me too.

*Lurch sighs
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline btctopre

« Reply #20 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 10:26:22 »
The bubbles still give me the fake vibe (and it doesn't help that the color is similar to one of the ones sold on taobao before the store got taken down, though I don't recall if they were GID).

Offline Belfong

« Reply #21 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 10:36:25 »

3loved? Synjined?

If someone is dropping >$500 on one clack the only status symbol is that you have too much money and not enough sense.

If you asked me, the person who spent > $500 on CC did not work for the money he fished out. If one has sweat it out, one would not be that insane. It’s super easy to use family’s money.

Offline ImDaBaron

« Reply #22 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 10:40:42 »

3loved? Synjined?

If you asked me, the person who spent > $500 on CC did not work for the money he fished out. If one has sweat it out, one would not be that insane. It’s super easy to use family’s money.

Alright well let's not get too ridiculous.We may not like the price but that doesn't mean the person didn't work hard for the money.

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #23 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 10:51:28 »

3loved? Synjined?

Idk why you would say something like this. I can tell you right now that if I were to bid that Mich (not saying I did) it would beoney I worked hard for since I do not get even 1cemt from any other person as support money from anyone.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #24 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 10:52:26 »

3loved? Synjined?

Or just a lot of disposable income. As far as hobbies go, 'keyboard'ing' isn't that expensive and throwing a few thousand at something might be a big deal to you or me, but to them might be nothing.
Really, you have to feel sorry for them because people like that will never really know the feeling you get when you put together your dream board after years/months of planning, trading, saving etc etc

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #25 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 10:57:54 »
Really, you have to feel sorry for them because people like that will never really know the feeling you get when you put together your dream board after years/months of planning, trading, saving etc etc

Baldy knows all about this. He hasn't thrown money at anything. He carefully and calmly worked his way up to being the "Miami Man". He now has a great setup with a custom keyset, some matching clacks, and even got a special dibs ticket to make sure he gets a Miami Bro Bot.

Shining example of how GH can be a fun place and how you can get what you want with patience and kindness.

My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #26 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 10:59:34 »

Baldy knows all about this. He hasn't thrown money at anything. He carefully and calmly worked his way up to being the "Miami Man". He now has a great setup with a custom keyset, some matching clacks, and even got a special dibs ticket to make sure he gets a Miami Bro Bot.

Shining example of how GH can be a fun place and how you can get what you want with patience and kindness.

And nudes, don't forget trading nudes

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #27 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 11:03:25 »

Not really, I'm just poor as **** and lucked into the whole Miami stuff, I didn't come up with it, didn't help organise it or anything.
Tbh I've benefited far more from this place than I've been able to give back. I'd be stuck using my fullsize black filco with classic cherry beige keys if it wasn't for Bunny, Foxer and Bro.

I just dislike how people get around users with more money, it's sad. There will always be people out there with more money, who are more successful etc... just live your life and be who you are, who are you or I to judge what someone else does with there money?

And nudes, don't forget trading nudes

shhh

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 11:05:44 »

Or just a lot of disposable income. As far as hobbies go, 'keyboard'ing' isn't that expensive and throwing a few thousand at something might be a big deal to you or me, but to them might be nothing.

With the same money, you could get a nice glass marble that:

is far more intricate
is several times larger
doesn't come from a mold

but hey, that's just me.   :p

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #29 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 11:06:13 »

Not really, I'm just poor as **** and lucked into the whole Miami stuff, I didn't come up with it, didn't help organise it or anything.
Tbh I've benefited far more from this place than I've been able to give back. I'd be stuck using my fullsize black filco with classic cherry beige keys if it wasn't for Bunny, Foxer and Bro.

Not luck. You just said it. Relationships you built with bunny, foxer, bro. Your avatar. Your "post your Miami". You don't have to come up with something in order to put your personal touch on it all and make it your own.

My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #30 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 11:08:50 »

With the same money, you could get a nice glass marble that:

is far more intricate
is several times larger
doesn't come from a mold

but hey, that's just me.   :p

you could also donate it to a charity or sponsor a child in Africa...

Offline Belfong

« Reply #31 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 11:10:38 »

3loved? Synjined?

Idk why you would say something like this. I can tell you right now that if I were to bid that Mich (not saying I did) it would beoney I worked hard for since I do not get even 1cemt from any other person as support money from anyone.
Probably my statement should start with if one is a salaried worker (as opposed to owning and running a business)...

I’d think that if one had to work one’s ass off, there are other things $500 can be used for such as rent or car installment. The fact that you (not you specifically Synjin) can spend that much on a key (and I bet if you are spending $500 on one, this is not your first key as you would have seeked out a lot more and thus know the rarity) means you don’t appreciate how hard money come by. Idk, maybe it’s a first world problem but over here, $500 is the starting salary of a fresh graduates.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #32 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 12:02:54 »
Some people have more money than others and a great need for acceptance.  Can we just leave it at that? Every cc buy turns into the same crap.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #33 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 12:16:14 »
Maybe buying CC at high prices is a form of therapy for depressed people with no wife and kids and are lonely but a dog won't suffice  :p :p

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #34 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 12:22:25 »
The bubbles still give me the fake vibe (and it doesn't help that the color is similar to one of the ones sold on taobao before the store got taken down, though I don't recall if they were GID).

Glad I'm not the only one.

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #35 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 12:24:47 »
Maybe buying CC at high prices is a form of therapy for depressed people with no wife and kids and are lonely but a dog won't suffice  :p :p

if a dog won't suffice you are dogging it all wrong
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #36 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 12:39:10 »
Some people have more money than others and a great need for acceptance.  Can we just leave it at that? Every cc buy turns into the same crap.

You can even leave out the acceptance for a lot of cases, not often with CCs. But pretty much what demik says. We really gotta stop caring less about clacks.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #37 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 16:36:30 »
Holy ****balls that price!
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #38 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 17:00:16 »

if a dog won't suffice you are dogging it all wrong
He should totally be walking his dog a lot more, especially with other female dogs.
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #39 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 19:47:02 »
I would just like to make clear that I would not have anything to do with the bidding, as some speculated.

This is the ONLY ebay account I've ever had, created in 2011 to purchase some textbooks.

I'm just looking to move on with this item and I didn't feel comfortable being attached to something because of its value. I thought I would find a better owner for it.
Don't want to support this inflation scene, but I certainly can't afford to just sell for less than what I traded for.

It is quite unfortunate that by me trying to move away from these high price tag caps, I become yet a part of it for just one more sale.

I'm honestly surprised the bids came in so early, but it seems like that has been a trend of some buyers on ebay for many of the recent auctions.

That said, I don't own any artisans after this sale and I'll just be participating in raffles for them. I want to spend on things like keyboards or group buys.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #40 on: Sat, 23 May 2015, 16:39:00 »
It is quite unfortunate that by me trying to move away from these high price tag caps, I become yet a part of it for just one more sale.

Then donate the profit to CC and keep what the cap cost you.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #41 on: Sat, 23 May 2015, 16:57:48 »
Or everyone stop *****ing and let the man do what he wants with his possessions..
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #42 on: Sat, 23 May 2015, 18:40:54 »
Or everyone stop *****ing and let the man do what he wants with his possessions..
I don't like the price inflation, but seriously, It's his clack, he can keep all the money and he really shouldn't feel guilty for people willing to spend huge amounts of money on clacks...

Offline btctopre

« Reply #43 on: Sat, 23 May 2015, 18:44:01 »
i feel having seen the chinese fakes before they were taken down, i'm obligated to put this out there for the potential buyers in this sale. this was a pain in the ass to find, but find it i did:

the top pic is of a 100% fake, the bottom is of the one for sale.

i'm not saying the one for sale is fake, but it certainly bares a resemblance to the colorway of the fake (there were 22? of these available in this ice green trans) and its quality level (aka the bubbles) isn't what you would expect of a clack skull.

now i can't tell potential buyers how to spend their money, but if it were me (not that i'd spend this much for some bull****), i'd do some due diligence and try and determine the origin of the cap (we know sorijealut was not the original owner) before dropping $800+ for it.

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #44 on: Sat, 23 May 2015, 18:55:33 »
i feel having seen the chinese fakes before they were taken down, i'm obligated to put this out there for the potential buyers in this sale. this was a pain in the ass to find, but find it i did:
Show Image

Show Image

i'm not saying the one for sale is fake, but it certainly bares a resemblance to the colorway of the fake (there were 22? of these available in this ice green trans) and its quality level (aka the bubbles) isn't what you would expect of a clack skull.

now i can't tell potential buyers how to spend their money, but if it were me (not that i'd spend this much for some bull****), i'd do some due diligence and try and determine the origin of the cap (we know sorijealut was not the original owner) before dropping $800+ for it.

I just want to know where all these wierd clacks are popping up
(f2 julysicle,blue ogre,f2 drunken,etc)

Seems odd in CC's absence,

Scared me off from buying anything second hand
don't come to my funeral, there wont be one

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #45 on: Sat, 23 May 2015, 19:14:36 »
Show Image

Show Image

A little more for the probable counterfeit since Clack is silent right now:

I have tracked down all of my translucent blue keys made and I believe I've identified nearly all of them.
All dark translucent blue keys in circulation can now be identified as fake unless you got an email/PM from me saying otherwise.
Many (i'm still identifying a few) lighter blue translucent ClackFactory keys are fake as well.

And K3 with bubbles since I've never seen a real Clack with bubbles:

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #46 on: Sat, 23 May 2015, 19:20:27 »
Show Image

Show Image

This is interesting. I can see why there is a concern. I have pondered on the legitimacy of it as well when I was trading for it, but upon receiving it I knew that it was a real clack.

The weight of it, and the overall finish resembles his work. As for the imperfections, my seller told me it was due to it being a prototype, so it didn't turn out 100% like he wanted it to (not my words but the seller's).
For one, you can see the texture is different.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #47 on: Sat, 23 May 2015, 19:21:22 »
Who traded it to you.  Without provenance, it's highly suspicious.

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #48 on: Sat, 23 May 2015, 19:22:57 »
Who traded it to you.  Without provenance, it's highly suspicious.

It's a trader that wished to remain anonymous, but I think most can figure out if you've read some recent off-topic threads.

If it means anything for authenticity, he was willing to buy it back.

I have it packed and stored away for shipping, but I'll take it out to take some more pictures of the back if needed.
« Last Edit: Sat, 23 May 2015, 20:23:48 by sorijealut »

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #49 on: Sat, 23 May 2015, 19:32:41 »
If it came from who I think you're implying and they have three of them, that's not really helping the authenticity question.  Based off of Clack's statement, the limited number of clear Clacks out there, and the bubbles, I really doubt the authenticity.