Author Topic: Zealios 78cn  (Read 2573 times)

Offline TypingNoob

Zealios 78cn
« on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 23:01:13 »
Anybody have experience with this variant? Im finding my clears to be a bit too light for my taste.

Offline -musubi

• Spam rice 'n eggs
Re: Zealios 78cn
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 23:02:47 »
I've only used the 62/65/67g variants, and I will say that if you think stock clears are too light then you definitely want heavier than any of the ones I just listed. I'm thinking 78g sounds like something you may like.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 23:05:23 »
Anybody have experience with this variant? Im finding my clears to be a bit too light for my taste.

Try Cherry Greens.

Offline TypingNoob

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 23:13:28 »
I've only used the 62/65/67g variants, and I will say that if you think stock clears are too light then you definitely want heavier than any of the ones I just listed. I'm thinking 78g sounds like something you may like.

Thanks. Here goes nothing. :/

Offline TypingNoob

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 23:14:38 »

Try Cherry Greens.

They be too loud. I'd be knifed in the area I work.

Offline -musubi

• Spam rice 'n eggs
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 23:15:50 »

Oh gosh I don't want to be the sole reason for your decision! haha but really 67gs do not feel THAT much heavier than 62gs, they're all on the comfortable side to me I guess in terms in lightness, and I always knew I felt stock clears were too heavy so there's that.

On the other hand, if you don't like the 78g weight you can always buy standalone spring packs and just swap the springs. The stems are all the same so it wouldn't be risky.

Offline TypingNoob

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 23:18:45 »

Oh gosh I don't want to be the sole reason for your decision! haha but really 67gs do not feel THAT much heavier than 62gs, they're all on the comfortable side to me I guess in terms in lightness, and I always knew I felt stock clears were too heavy so there's that.

On the other hand, if you don't like the 78g weight you can always buy standalone spring packs and just swap the springs. The stems are all the same so it wouldn't be risky.

Its all good. Ordering a pack of switches to swap out the blues on my incoming pok3r board. If they are heavier than clears, then its win-win.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 07:13:38 »

Try Cherry Greens.

They be too loud. I'd be knifed in the area I work.

Lube them, and/or add IMSTO's silicon balls.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 09:20:47 »
If the 78g springs are anything like those, that I have, they're exactly the same as stock MX Clear springs, except slightly lighter. I use them in vintage MX Black, because they're easier to actuate, but harder to bottom out.

Offline sony

• Formerly ultraidiot
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 09:45:11 »
78g zealios are lighter than stock clears. Stock clears are about 100g bottom out. Your best bet is to spring swap.

Offline TypingNoob

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 22:52:34 »
If the 78g springs are anything like those, that I have, they're exactly the same as stock MX Clear springs, except slightly lighter. I use them in vintage MX Black, because they're easier to actuate, but harder to bottom out.

If they arent noticeably lighter than stock cherry clears, i can live with it I guess.

Offline TypingNoob

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 22:53:42 »
78g zealios are lighter than stock clears. Stock clears are about 100g bottom out. Your best bet is to spring swap.

Sorry bout that. I be noobish. I thought the higher the centi-newton the heavier. xD

Offline sony

• Formerly ultraidiot
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 23:15:18 »

Sorry bout that. I be noobish. I thought the higher the centi-newton the heavier. xD
They're weighted at different points. Clears as measured at actuation, zealios are measured at bottom out weight. So the 55g for clears is around the bump but for zealios 78g is when the key is pressed all the way.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 25 August 2016, 05:55:00 »

If they arent noticeably lighter than stock cherry clears, i can live with it I guess.
I don't really understand the weight ratings used in practice, because it's a mess.

Anyway, I have several spring sets from sprit, and stock Cherry springs.
  • 85g springs correspond to stock MX Clear.
  • 78g v1.2 springs are a softer version of the previous (relatively easy to actuate, hard to bottom out); the difference is smaller than between, say, MX Red and MX Black, but noticeable.
  • 68g springs are supposed to correspond to vintage stock MX Black, but they're a tad bit softer in practice. I feel like the 78g springs are slightly easier to get moving, similar at actuation, but definitely harder to bottom out.
Out of the bunch, 68g (or stock MX Black) springs are decent, if you don't mind or even do like bottoming out, whereas 78g is great for *not* bottoming out (hard)—if you find 85g (or stock MX Clear) springs too stiff.