Author Topic: Car Thread  (Read 648127 times)

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
Re: Car Thread
« Reply #2050 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 23:57:52 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 15:48:12 by alienman82 »

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #2051 on: Tue, 22 March 2016, 07:49:52 »
Show Image

<3

Also, FWIW, expensive air ride will last you a lot longer than 1000 miles.

People who say bags = ***s just can't afford air ride.

Air suspension is nothing new.  Did that with hijackers on my '75 Fury.  Used a common air compressor with a tire valve to adjust height.  The balloon type is just that.  It's a balloon.  The ride of these systems is very stiff and unforgiving.  If looks are more important than comfort when you drive, then by all means, go that route.

I just grew up.

I've always wanted to bag my truck.  One day when I know how to do **** with cars...

Maybe someday I will understand why anyone would ruin their own car.  To each their own, I suppose.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #2052 on: Wed, 23 March 2016, 10:12:46 »
I found this thing looking around at Carmax....
2007 MGA Eclipse GS. 

Show Image

Show Image

$9998.  Not bad at all.

holy jesus that might be one of the ugliest cars I think I've ever seen
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #2053 on: Wed, 23 March 2016, 11:21:46 »
Show Image

<3

Air suspension is nothing new.  Did that with hijackers on my '75 Fury.  Used a common air compressor with a tire valve to adjust height.  The balloon type is just that.  It's a balloon.  The ride of these systems is very stiff and unforgiving.  If looks are more important than comfort when you drive, then by all means, go that route.

I just grew up.

Adjusting the height of your car is nothing about how mature you are. It's just something you like. Air suspension has advanced a hell of a lot since tire valves and DIY compressors. Hybrid systems give you a bag under a spring if you wanted to do that. It's not "ruining" a car. If you care how you look, then it's great. Cars aren't all about the ride.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2054 on: Wed, 23 March 2016, 11:43:53 »
Show Image

<3

I just grew up.

Adjusting the height of your car is nothing about how mature you are. It's just something you like. Air suspension has advanced a hell of a lot since tire valves and DIY compressors. Hybrid systems give you a bag under a spring if you wanted to do that. It's not "ruining" a car. If you care how you look, then it's great. Cars aren't all about the ride.

This dude lol. Just enjoy your car and stop being an ass about what others like.

"I just grew up". Yeah, I highly doubt that.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #2055 on: Wed, 23 March 2016, 12:11:07 »
Show Image

<3

I just grew up.

This dude lol. Just enjoy your car and stop being an ass about what others like.

"I just grew up". Yeah, I highly doubt that.
Okay.  Maybe it's just my point of view about it.  I'll try to have an open mind.  It's just not for my personal taste.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2056 on: Sat, 26 March 2016, 18:35:38 »

i want one OuO

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2057 on: Sat, 26 March 2016, 19:00:43 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 15:43:20 by alienman82 »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2058 on: Sat, 26 March 2016, 19:03:20 »
he's the reason i got the ST OuO

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2059 on: Sat, 26 March 2016, 19:07:08 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 15:43:16 by alienman82 »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2060 on: Sat, 26 March 2016, 19:29:53 »
he's the reason i got the ST OuO

Cool! Was it one of the one take videos?

nope, his series on it.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #2061 on: Sun, 27 March 2016, 10:57:41 »
So I have decided my next purchase is going to be an immobiliser/tracker of some sort. Anybody had any experience buying third party/aftermarket trackers and know anything about them? I have absolutely no idea about them. I've got a really old one on my car at the moment but I doubt it's up to standard or even works anymore as I've never used it.

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #2062 on: Mon, 28 March 2016, 08:04:14 »

This is in Japan!  JDM to the max!  I hope this trend just dies.  (If their cars don't first.)

* Most of the time in the US, the cars they use for shows are carted in on a trailer, and carefully put to rest for the shows. 

Edit: And for good reason.  They can't even drive them to the location they are going to.  And lord knows they lose even MORE value with those miles adding up on the odometer!

After the show, they spend a lot of time and effort to lift them back into a trailer, and go on to the next one. 

Even the cars that are BAGGED are a problem to drive. Anyone who has had this modification done can tell you it's not a very good ride.  The car loses it's grip, and is usually tracking on the sidewalls rather than having a complete footprint on the road.  More of these types of cars wind up being thrashed to the point of no return.

I don't want to hear about fellow GH'ers dying in a catastrophic wreck.  This is MY opinion.

It's just wrong.
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 March 2016, 09:00:24 by Snowdog993 »

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #2063 on: Mon, 28 March 2016, 09:12:24 »

This is in Japan!  JDM to the max!  I hope this trend just dies.  (If their cars don't first.)

* Most of the time in the US, the cars they use for shows are carted in on a trailer, and carefully put to rest for the shows. 

Edit: And for good reason.  They can't even drive them to the location they are going to.  And lord knows they lose even MORE value with those miles adding up on the odometer!

After the show, they spend a lot of time and effort to lift them back into a trailer, and go on to the next one. 

Even the cars that are BAGGED are a problem to drive. Anyone who has had this modification done can tell you it's not a very good ride.  The car loses it's grip, and is usually tracking on the sidewalls rather than having a complete footprint on the road.  More of these types of cars wind up being thrashed to the point of no return.

I don't want to hear about fellow GH'ers dying in a catastrophic wreck.  This is MY opinion.

It's just wrong.

JDM for life
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2064 on: Mon, 28 March 2016, 09:17:19 »

It's just wrong.

You should bag your challenger. Not like you take turns anyway. Str8 line only.

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #2065 on: Mon, 28 March 2016, 09:23:03 »
You should bag your challenger. Not like you take turns anyway. Str8 line only.

*That was an idiotic and unfounded comment, demik.*  The car I have does handle twisting roads just fine.  This is 2016 after all, and a lot of things improve for the better.

Edit: And after watching that video, you are spending about $5000 for that system.  What he doesn't tell you, are the other modifications that have to be done to make the suspension tighter.  That's why they chose the Audi.
Doing this with a different car may cost you more suspension modification than the system alone.  THEN you have just that.  An air suspension.
Like he said, ride over a bump, it's a bump.  Yep.  You feel everything.
This is nothing new.  It's just what it is.

Edit:
On the flip side, I will give them kudos for having the Strut/Air combination.  That may be better when the setting is lower, but it will be "spongy".  If you never rode on air suspension, know what you're getting into before you lay your money down.

And the "balance" they are talking about is bull****.  That is a given with ANY air suspension system.  It's a stupid selling point.

Edit again:

And then there is the Challenger GT AWD Concept by Dodge.
http://www.gizmag.com/dodge-challenger-gt-concept-sema-2015/40208/
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 March 2016, 11:38:16 by Snowdog993 »

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2066 on: Mon, 28 March 2016, 09:53:29 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 15:41:59 by alienman82 »

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #2067 on: Mon, 28 March 2016, 10:01:16 »
My older brother's chally has the super track pack.  Not sure if I'd personally like it any lower:

Show Image

Agreed.
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 March 2016, 11:37:16 by Snowdog993 »

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #2068 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 01:10:09 »
The perfect vacation.

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2069 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 07:27:26 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 15:40:28 by alienman82 »

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #2070 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 04:45:25 »
Two scenes, two ages, one love

Went out keyboard shopping with my mate. He's a fancy network architect or some **** and he naturally has a GTR as a daily driver. The noise and the acceleration are just ridiculous. I think we did 30-130 in about 4 seconds.

Also parked behind this on Monday

Alright for a BMW I guess ;)

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #2071 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 15:28:16 »

It is clear from this post that you have never been to, watched footage from, or seen pictures from any real car meets that have stanced cars at them. Let me direct you to this video:

First of all, there are cars driving at the start. And people queued up. Shock horror. Second of all, do you REALLY think, that HUNDREDS of trucks with trailers would turn up to an event, wheel their cars off, then park up the trailers? Like, logistically, I have absolutely no idea how this would happen. In that multi-storey, how would you even get that organised? You would have to extend events by a whole day just to get people unloaded off their imaginary trailers.

Actually, most of these cars have legs and they all walk home like the machines in war of the worlds.

SMH.

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #2072 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 15:37:14 »
http://www.redbull.com/jp/ja/motorsports/stories/1331785009751/a-day-in-the-life

This video is insane! Not your typical F40 owner, or camping trip.

Offline Willyc277

« Reply #2073 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 15:49:24 »

It is clear from this post that you have never been to, watched footage from, or seen pictures from any real car meets that have stanced cars at them. Let me direct you to this video:

First of all, there are cars driving at the start. And people queued up. Shock horror. Second of all, do you REALLY think, that HUNDREDS of trucks with trailers would turn up to an event, wheel their cars off, then park up the trailers? Like, logistically, I have absolutely no idea how this would happen. In that multi-storey, how would you even get that organised? You would have to extend events by a whole day just to get people unloaded off their imaginary trailers.

Actually, most of these cars have legs and they all walk home like the machines in war of the worlds.

SMH.

Honestly I'm pretty shocked rn that there are real adults who find s*** like that cool.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2074 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 15:53:08 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 15:40:20 by alienman82 »

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #2075 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 16:01:37 »
Honestly I'm pretty shocked rn that there are real adults who find s*** like that cool.

That's fine to have that opinion. It's not to everyone's taste, and personally I think people take it too far with stupid camber and stupid tubbed wheels. But to say that they are undriveable, and people don't drive their cars to meets and they all use trailers, is frankly stupid.

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #2076 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 16:50:10 »
I understand proper camber and alignment required for spirited driving and tracking purposes, but anything beyond, I really can't understand or appreciate it.

It's the driver/owner's choice on how they want to spend their money, but I really cannot respect or begin to understand it.

Buy proper tires, proper wheel sizes/offsets, and get a proper alignment. Car will drive like a dream and really can't get much better than that.

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #2077 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 19:16:11 »

SMH.

That's fine to have that opinion. It's not to everyone's taste, and personally I think people take it too far with stupid camber and stupid tubbed wheels. But to say that they are undriveable, and people don't drive their cars to meets and they all use trailers, is frankly stupid.

I thought they used a flux capacitor instead! 

Edit: I thought I would emphasize the exaggeration that you so implicitly have stated. The "stance" and over cambering of automobiles makes them simply harder to control and destroys the suspension.
That's it.

You are making more of this than I have stated.  I know there are those that show up to "meets" all the time.  The real serious cars, the ones that show up for events like SEMA and so on, are definitely carted in with trailers, and yes, up to a week in advance of the show.

Excuse me for being naive.
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 March 2016, 19:49:08 by Snowdog993 »

Offline vyshane

« Reply #2078 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 21:38:29 »
There are car enthusiasts and there are driving enthusiasts. I am the latter. I don't care for stance.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2079 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 22:31:43 »

SMH.

I thought they used a flux capacitor instead! 

Edit: I thought I would emphasize the exaggeration that you so implicitly have stated. The "stance" and over cambering of automobiles makes them simply harder to control and destroys the suspension.
That's it.

You are making more of this than I have stated.  I know there are those that show up to "meets" all the time.  The real serious cars, the ones that show up for events like SEMA and so on, are definitely carted in with trailers, and yes, up to a week in advance of the show.

Excuse me for being naive.

christ will you let it go? it's obviously not for you so why do you continue going on and on about it?

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #2080 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 10:37:51 »
christ will you let it go? it's obviously not for you so why do you continue going on and on about it?

You're right.  LOL! I guess common sense goes out the window with some folks.
« Last Edit: Thu, 31 March 2016, 11:14:42 by Snowdog993 »

Offline filphil

• One day I hope to find a love like JD and Turk
« Reply #2081 on: Sun, 03 April 2016, 22:32:56 »
"Local" arcade finally picked up a machine so a few friends and I went out to play today.

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #2082 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 08:26:50 »
Hmm.

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #2083 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 09:39:56 »
Will I be able to post my future motorcycle here =3

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2084 on: Tue, 05 April 2016, 22:05:00 »
Will I be able to post my future motorcycle here =3

yes pls. soon as i get mine i'm doing the same :)

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #2085 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 02:09:01 »
Make your own bike thread! I have a scooter that I've been refraining from posting, but if you make another thread for it, I'll post in it.

Cars kinda not the same as a motorbike! Different mentality when riding too. :)

Offline kishy

• Eye Bee M
    • http://kishy.ca/
« Reply #2086 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 09:40:12 »
Well, bought vehicle number 4 as a parts car. One wheel peels erry'where!

Enthusiast of springs which buckle noisily: my keyboards
Want to learn about the Kishsaver?
kishy.ca

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #2087 on: Sun, 17 April 2016, 19:30:52 »
OMG I bought so much car stuff I'm so excited.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #2088 on: Sun, 17 April 2016, 20:00:59 »

Well... what'd ya get?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2089 on: Sun, 17 April 2016, 20:02:48 »

Well... what'd ya get?

car stuff, pay attention!

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #2090 on: Sun, 17 April 2016, 20:21:43 »
Well I had some pressed metail plates come through yesterday, as well as some plate carriers so I don't have to stick anything or make holes in them

I also bought some orange vinyl tape to put around the edges of my front grill.

Speaking of front grills...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222085675462

I bought a Jetta front end. I think having square headlights will compliment by square foglights better than the round ones. I'm going to take the red strip at the bottom off as well as the yellow film on the lights. Should look something like this:

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #2091 on: Sun, 17 April 2016, 20:25:40 »

Well... what'd ya get?

car stuff, pay attention!

Hey, that's enough of that, you.

Well I had some pressed metail plates come through yesterday, as well as some plate carriers so I don't have to stick anything or make holes in them

Show Image

I also bought some orange vinyl tape to put around the edges of my front grill.

Speaking of front grills...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222085675462

I bought a Jetta front end. I think having square headlights will compliment by square foglights better than the round ones. I'm going to take the red strip at the bottom off as well as the yellow film on the lights. Should look something like this:

Show Image

Ahh, very nice. Enjoy! And good luck modding! It's been forever since I've bought anything for my car.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #2092 on: Sun, 17 April 2016, 21:51:05 »
Ahh, very nice. Enjoy! And good luck modding! It's been forever since I've bought anything for my car.

Thanks dude, I'm actually quite excited to do it. I've never done anything as extreme as taking my car apart, I've always just added little bits that don't take too much work. But I think I'm going to have to get myself dirty for once :P

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2093 on: Sun, 17 April 2016, 21:52:42 »

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #2094 on: Sun, 17 April 2016, 22:53:14 »

Thanks dude, I'm actually quite excited to do it. I've never done anything as extreme as taking my car apart, I've always just added little bits that don't take too much work. But I think I'm going to have to get myself dirty for once :P

Getting dirty's where the fun's at ;)

Offline Marizen

« Reply #2095 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 17:26:17 »
I can't remember if I posted this or not, but here's my new-ish (2014) Ford Fiesta ST that I bought a few months ago.
I named him Rammus.
134774-0

This was after his first bath. Super shiny using Meguiar's Ultimate Wash and Wax. I wanna give him a real wax soon.
« Last Edit: Mon, 18 April 2016, 17:29:23 by Marizen »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2096 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 23:43:04 »
I can't remember if I posted this or not, but here's my new-ish (2014) Ford Fiesta ST that I bought a few months ago.
I named him Rammus.
(Attachment Link)

This was after his first bath. Super shiny using Meguiar's Ultimate Wash and Wax. I wanna give him a real wax soon.

brother!

Offline Khuya

« Reply #2097 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 00:32:11 »
When I was younger, I used to love sport cars.  Had a 83 Supra, Civic, Integra.  Now a day, I am more into luxury car (that I can afford), basicly low-end of Mecedes, BMW, Audi...Currently leasing a CLA-250 and it's feel just so much better.

Offline dannrawr

« Reply #2098 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 03:24:54 »
jdm for lyfe. just because there's rarely a big muscle car here in Malaysia :(

WTF any Bruce, Cosmonauts

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #2099 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 09:48:55 »
Show Image

brother!

Very cool!  I was wondering if you got back on the road as of yet!  It looks VERY clean!