Author Topic: [GB] M65-A | Made with RAMA.WORKS (Complete)  (Read 859819 times)

Offline swangful

Re: [GB] M65-A | Made with RAMA.WORKS (Complete)
« Reply #3600 on: Mon, 25 March 2019, 11:40:20 »
What's the layout look on the KBD65? Because it has a blocker near the arrow keys from the info? and there's no more mini usb versions

KBD65 PCB supports a few layouts, for some reason KBDfans didnt put that on their site. The KBD67 board itself does have a blocker, which the PCB supports that layout.
My KBD65 PCB is still going strong with no issues. USB-C is always an option at least.. :(

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #3601 on: Mon, 25 March 2019, 19:19:23 »
took a couple of years but I finally built my M65!

Would like to thank a couple of peeps that helped me out along the way.
Jchan for your patience
Rama for allowing me to make a custom alu bottom
Switchnollie for creating the Key and Co keyset
Thesiscamper for helping me find a manufacturer to make the bottom
zanduby for sending me extra screws ^_^

I tried doing the washer mod but I couldn't get the usb port to fit seemed like I was gonna break the pcb if I forced it in.

Also, this board esd'd on me once but has been okay so far. just gotta remember to ground myself before using it.

that being said I have a spare nylon bottom that's a bit bowed I am willing to send it to someone who needs it just pay shipping :)

Offline ninjinphu

• Music to Clack to
« Reply #3602 on: Wed, 24 April 2019, 16:23:27 »
Just found a solarized edition on keyclack! Very excited for it to arrive.

I was reading a few reddit posts and it seems like jchan is busy with some personal things that may cause inactivity. Does anyone know if he is still actively working on keyclack sales or if he's just unavailable via email?

Offline Kavik

« Reply #3603 on: Thu, 25 April 2019, 13:52:37 »

I was reading a few reddit posts and it seems like jchan is busy with some personal things that may cause inactivity. Does anyone know if he is still actively working on keyclack sales or if he's just unavailable via email?

I'm not sure how active he is on GH and group buys these days, but, FWIW, whenever I've made a purchase on his website (stuff he has in stock), it got shipped rather quickly.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline ninjinphu

• Music to Clack to
« Reply #3604 on: Thu, 25 April 2019, 14:59:10 »

I'm not sure how active he is on GH and group buys these days, but, FWIW, whenever I've made a purchase on his website (stuff he has in stock), it got shipped rather quickly.

Yeah - shipping notification came out last night. Stoked! I sure how things end up ok for jchan

Offline rys

« Reply #3605 on: Tue, 25 June 2019, 08:43:07 »
KBD65 PCB supports a few layouts, for some reason KBDfans didnt put that on their site. The KBD67 board itself does have a blocker, which the PCB supports that layout.
My KBD65 PCB is still going strong with no issues. USB-C is always an option at least.. :(
Is the USB-C version otherwise identical to the micro USB version? I'm worried about the USB-C port lining up correctly and fitting into the opening in the top case.

Offline ninjinphu

• Music to Clack to
« Reply #3606 on: Tue, 25 June 2019, 10:27:20 »
Finally got the board installed and noticed one of my stabilizer bars had come loose. It's the clear screw in ones from Zeal. Is there any way to replace/fix a stabilizer without unsoldering an entire board?

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3607 on: Tue, 25 June 2019, 19:57:53 »
Finally got the board installed and noticed one of my stabilizer bars had come loose. It's the clear screw in ones from Zeal. Is there any way to replace/fix a stabilizer without unsoldering an entire board?

use a small flathead screwdriver or tweezers and push the bar back into the plastic clip.  I have a board where the stabilizer pops loose every single time (zeal stabilizer) I remove a cap, and I've managed to pop it back in about 10 times now.

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #3608 on: Fri, 28 June 2019, 01:07:53 »
If you can get your hands on one (a crafty sister or mother or buy one on amazon): use a small crochet hook
pls gief bbv2

Offline ninjinphu

• Music to Clack to
« Reply #3609 on: Fri, 28 June 2019, 11:32:22 »
If you can get your hands on one (a crafty sister or mother or buy one on amazon): use a small crochet hook

100% that is what I need. Thank you!!!

Offline Cagevaper

« Reply #3610 on: Fri, 16 August 2019, 12:07:01 »
Just got a second hand M65-A from a kind user on mechmarket.
He included a second PCB, a PS2AVRGB.  Would love to build it with some of the holy pandas I just got but can't seem to get the board to respond properly.
To start, none of the LED's work, secondly I can't get any of the kemappings to actually go to the board.  I can map keys in the software and it uploads successfully but no luck with those keys actually working.  They either remain unassigned or have random mappings like tab, enter, space.

The bootloader recognizes the board and I am able to flash it and put it into boot mode by using tweezers to active the left control key.  When i go into the bootloader software and look at the "other" tab all of the LED options are greyed out.

I'm still quite new to working with custom PCB's so I really appreciate any help or advice!

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3611 on: Sun, 05 February 2023, 08:54:11 »
Necro for a good purpose

My colleague on Keebtalk Rico has been working on a replacement upgraded PCB for the M65-a and has posted his announcement here

https://www.keebtalk.com/t/the-phoenix-project-no-1-a-pcb-replacement-for-the-rama-m65-a-keyboard/18725/2

USB mini like the original so that it fits without case modifications.  Hotswap and solder options with a newly designed flexible plate and half plate. 

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3612 on: Sun, 26 March 2023, 14:13:44 »
I received the Phoenix 01 PBC and plates from Rico this weekend. The great news it that it's nearly perfect.  More revisions coming soon, including a hotswap version.
 More details about the project here:
https://www.keebtalk.com/t/the-phoenix-project-no-1-a-pcb-replacement-for-the-rama-m65-a-keyboard/18725/23