Author Topic: Shark's IBM-family keyboard wiki  (Read 1414 times)

Offline sharktastica

• CompSci research student, IBMer, r/ModelM mod
    • Admiral Shark's Keyboards
Shark's IBM-family keyboard wiki
« on: Tue, 25 January 2022, 06:30:00 »
Hey all!

In Summer 2021, I started work on my own personal IBM keyboard wiki on my website aptly called Shark’s Wiki. One motivation was the uncertainly surrounding Deskthority and its wiki after their buy-out, but I’ve been wanting to deliver properly referenced content on my site for a while now.

https://sharktastica.co.uk/wiki

Today, I wanted to share some of the stuff that’s taking shape! My initial aim is to tackle niche or seldom attempted stuff before. For example, my beloved Model M4 buckling sleeve keyboards and keypads, and a comprehensive list of all Model M variants and their defining features (including not only buckling spring Model Ms). The first link below represents that latter list (the largest effort so far), of which a comprehensive list of variants has been missing from the Model M Wikipedia page, and partially Deskthority wiki (until December just gone). Also, I want to deliver stuff on ThinkPad/TrackPoint keyboards as well. Here’s a sample:

In the pipeline are pages on Enhanced Keyboards (standard 101-105 key Model Ms), Model F keyboards index, Model M6/M6-1 and Model M13. Stay tuned!

Enjoy and feel free to let me know what you think!

Offline headphone_jack

Re: Shark's IBM-family keyboard wiki
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 26 January 2022, 13:58:30 »
Shark has objectively the best and most extensive catalogue of IBM keyboards. His wiki is my go-to for identifying Model M part numbers. Props to this madlad for his dedication to keyboard excellence.

Offline granola bar enthusiast

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 06 April 2022, 16:27:29 »
interesting to see a lot of info and history about IBM's keyboards to be released to the public, very nice to see

Offline jacobalbertus1

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 19 April 2022, 13:30:21 »
the duck has found a sharkey
Model f 122 USB industrial paint (daily), model f xt inbox almost nos Ellipse approved, NOS model m ssk , Model F 77 for class (special needs I was told I had to use a mech or a key beeper by the school) model m 1391401 silver label ( this was a factory messup where they stuck a 139101 sticker on it and sent it with a ps/2) model m 1390131 model m unicomp industrial case modded  and a model f at