Author Topic: Positive Comments = Threadcrapping?  (Read 8220 times)

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
    • DanGWanG's Keyboard Blog
Positive Comments = Threadcrapping?
« on: Mon, 21 January 2013, 12:12:03 »
So far, the only points of reported threadcrapping are ones that have negative comments.

- Your keycaps are ****ty, they're too expensive.
- Your stuff sells for cheaper somewhere else.
- Everyday I troll, troll, troll...
- etc.

But what about positive comments?  If we are deleting posts in classifieds because someone said your keycaps are too expensive, then why are we not deleting posts when someone says they look nice?  Or when someone gives a free bump with "GLWS?"  Why are we STILL protecting shady sellers?  Reference:  http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=33033.0

Offline inlikeflynn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • file not found
Re: Positive Comments = Threadcrapping?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 21 January 2013, 12:20:35 »
----------- __o
--------- _`\<,_
BRAAP(>)/ (*)
************^^^^^^

Offline GMC

• Shiny.
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 21 January 2013, 12:44:32 »
A fair question, negative comments are unfair to the seller and are usually more abusive or condescending than constructive.  If it's not your thing, just move along.
I would support the move against positive threadcrapping too. I read a lot on tapatalk and often just can't be bothered to scroll through pages of chatter to see if items have gone or not.  Get rid of that and I'd be happy.  Seller has some responsibility to moderate their thread but people tend to get narky when their posts are deleted, however intentioned so perhaps better a mod do it.

That said, I often find that I might comment in a thread discussion when I wouldn't start a new thread on the subject so the above might unfortunately reduce the amount of good discussion on the site...

Tl:Dr no answer, just thoughts.
WASD V1 - waiting on R4... - MX Brown
KBT Pure - Zinc caps - MX Brown
Cherry G80-1800 ISO WKL - SkiData caps - MX Clear

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 21 January 2013, 12:54:58 »
All posts outside of bids or direct questions are thread craps in my eyes, no one cares if you think that the seller is great or whether you love the key caps and wish that you had the money.

Keep it out of the classifieds.

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
Re: Re: Positive Comments = Threadcrapping?
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 21 January 2013, 12:58:58 »
All posts outside of bids or direct questions are thread craps in my eyes, no one cares if you think that the seller is great or whether you love the key caps and wish that you had the money.

Well this is the second time I agree with you lol. This is exactly how it should be imo, and what I'm used to on other forums.

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 21 January 2013, 13:10:53 »
The only posts in the most recent classifieds thread that were deleted were posts by the OP.  Everything else was moved to another thread where discussion not pertaining directly to the *sale* of the goods could continue.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 21 January 2013, 15:38:50 »
The only posts in the most recent classifieds thread that were deleted were posts by the OP.  Everything else was moved to another thread where discussion not pertaining directly to the *sale* of the goods could continue.

I don't mean specifically for the new thread, I mean just in genearl.  We have become such a G-rated forum that even providing the slightest bit of side-trailing is considered a threadcrap. 

Say for example someone provides constructive price comparisons, why is that considered threadcrapping?  And yet, positive comments about the seller from previous transactions stay on?

If you are going to enforce threadcrapping, you might as well post a banner up in Classifieds saying:  "WE PROTECT YOU SHADY ASS SELLERS AND DO NOT HAVE A BAN LIST!"

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 04:10:56 »
My mother used to say (probably still says) "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all".

Applies here.

This is a community, with members supporting each other in many ways.

If I was selling something I would like people to say "GLWS" or "those keycaps look really nice, wish I had some spare $$$".

To me that shows respect for the seller, compliments the stuff being sold, and just makes everyone happy.

If someone has a problem with a particular sale, they can PM the seller, report to a mod, or even, if they absolutely must, start a new thread in off topic to have a whinge.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline MattBuzzy

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 04:24:29 »
My mother used to say (probably still says) "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all".

Applies here.

If I was selling something I would like people to say "GLWS" or "those keycaps look really nice, wish I had some spare $$$".

To me that shows respect for the seller, compliments the stuff being sold, and just makes everyone happy.

If someone has a problem with a particular sale, they can PM the seller, report to a mod, or even, if they absolutely must, start a new thread in off topic to have a whinge.

I agree with this almost completely, couldn't have said it better myself, but some new members may not know what things are worth so I feel constructive crtisism like "I think that is a little expensive" is fine.
« Last Edit: Tue, 22 January 2013, 09:32:25 by MattBuzzy »

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 09:16:21 »
It shows respect to the community when someone can politely and publicly critique what is being sold especially if it is outrageously over priced.  Case and point cactux's sale.  I can't go over to his thread and say that because he will report my post and get it deleted.  If I PM him it will be ignored and if I report to a moderator nothing will be done because it is within the rules.

He is a shady and overpriced seller and yet, as a comminuty we harbor his will.  He hasnt posted anything on GH that has been beneficial in a long time and I would even go as far as to say he despises this community (frequent rants and **** talking about GH over at DT)...and yet he still has free reign in his sales.

Edit:  Fixed grammar, stupid phone keyboard.
« Last Edit: Tue, 22 January 2013, 09:26:20 by DanGWanG »

Offline whiskytango

• Don't touch the trim
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 09:31:47 »

Well this is the second time I agree with you lol. This is exactly how it should be imo, and what I'm used to on other forums.

I agree, this is what I have seen on other forums. It works if strictly enforced. Of course, you have to have someone enforcing it, and I know that can be time consuming. I would also add a 72 hour minimum before you can bump your own thread again. Of course on this site, people get so many free bumps that they generally don't need to do this. I also agree that allowing positive comments and not negative ones is a bit unfair.

Just my .02. I don't even have enough street cred yet to post in classifieds, but all the commenting does make it difficult to search through other people's threads to see what's been posted.

I stay busy with work and family these days, but I'm still around, lurking.

Offline MattBuzzy

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 09:37:43 »
I recently purchased a Ducky keychain from Cactux and have no problem with the price and he did not seem shady at all to me. Everything was conducted in a fair way and he was even willing to split the postage costs with me.

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 09:40:07 »
I recently purchased a Ducky keychain from Cactux and have no problem with the price and he did not seem shady at all to me. Everything was conducted in a fair way and he was even willing to split the postage costs with me.

Thank you for the feedback, and I appreciate that.  Positive feedback, just like negative feedback, should be publicly disclosed.

Edit:  I understand that there is Heatware, but I'm talking more from a day-to-day interaction.  Not necessarily just completed transactions.  It could be trade negotiations with low ball offers, etc.
« Last Edit: Tue, 22 January 2013, 09:52:04 by DanGWanG »

Offline MattBuzzy

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 09:56:16 »
Not a problem Dan, I know I am new here and there may be a lot I havent seen and I will admit I don't know the value of most things (when I saw single caps going for $100 to $200 I almost fell off my chair) I wanted to share my positive experience with him.

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 10:28:48 »
The mods generally leave it up to the OP to decide if they want their thread cleaned up.  Most OPs don't mind "positive" threadcrapping so that is probably why it seems this way.  Negative posts in classifieds are handled more proactively because they are often used to abuse other members.  Some members here have it out for certain other members, it seems.
Russ

Offline djmattm

R: Positive Comments = Threadcrapping?
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 10:40:51 »
I am of the idea that in all sales threads any comment superflous, be it positive or negative, is threadcrapping and thus should not be allowed, sales threads are for sales not commenting. This is how it goes for the majority of the forums i am registered and it works well, obviously this works only if there is enough moderators that control the situation and this requires a good amount of work
Razer BlackWidow Tournament Stealth Edition

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 11:05:39 »
The mods generally leave it up to the OP to decide if they want their thread cleaned up.  Most OPs don't mind "positive" threadcrapping so that is probably why it seems this way.  Negative posts in classifieds are handled more proactively because they are often used to abuse other members.  Some members here have it out for certain other members, it seems.

So if we provide constructive reasons as to why a price is too high, or present in a non-negative manner....is that acceptable?  For example, when I look at cactux's thread this would be something I'd like to say:

"Cactux, while you are offering a rare item but your price is unreasonably high.  I can understand that you paid $180 for it, but even that is an overpriced set of keycaps to begin with."

I think the community deserves to know if they could be potentially ripped off.  That's what being part of a community is, unless you're saying GH has truly turned into a full marketplace?

Offline MattBuzzy

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 11:23:08 »
Yes Dan as someone who does not yet know the value of certain caps, that is very helpful to me. Comments like "wow that is a great price" help show me that if I purchase this item I am not getting ripped off, and would be happy if I sold something to be told "look thats a little bit pricey, you may have more luck if you consider lowering the price as hey are usually valued at $x"

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 11:43:24 »
Here is another prime example of harboring shady sellers:  http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=39479.0

I mean come on...

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 11:59:41 »
Dan, I understand what you are saying but it's just not that straight-forward.  While there will be cases where negative comments may benefit the greater community good as a whole, most of the time they are just abuse that quickly escalates.  It is up to the buyer to know what they are doing.  This is how it works on most large forums.  If a potential buyer wants to ask the community what something is worth, they can do that in another part of the forum.  That is exactly what the mods did to your posts in fuus' thread.

Unlike what you posted on DT, you can criticize others' work on GH.  It just doesn't belong in the classifieds, whose purpose is to facilitate a transaction between a seller and potential buyers.

Russ

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
« Reply #20 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 12:20:52 »
If that is the case then enforce threadcrapping more proactively, than reactively.  Clean up threads that have both positive and negative 'threadcrapping.'  If that is too much work, sounds like you guys need more moderation and I'm sure you know where my application is!

Like others have said on this thread, most large forums don't allow threadcrapping of ANY TYPE, positive ones included.  If GH is trying to be like "most large forums," then shouldn't it be that way?  Most large forums also have a sticky of banned members accused of or conducting in shady sales.

This is a suggestion that seems to be fought against very hard.  What are the ulterior motives for not incorporating this system?  I'm just trying to understand why the team has been, for a very long time, opposed to this?

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 13:03:14 »
Since the site reboot, GH has been using a more laid-back approach to moderation.  Most members of the community seem to prefer it this way.
Russ

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 13:52:03 »
While I'd say that is the preference for almost all other subforums, shouldn't something as delicate as Classifieds has been lately (and always for that matter) be special?  Afterall, GH is turning into a huge marketplace.

Offline guilleguillaume

« Reply #23 on: Tue, 29 January 2013, 13:03:11 »
The best marketplace is this one: Marketplace

Just because they allow criticism when needed and there is transparency.

Example 1

Example 2

If you try to sell items for inflated prices and people catch you doing so don't be an ******* and deal with it.

At the same moment DanGWanG was selling his mismatched set in a range of 75-100$ and you can't see what happened when someone told him he should reduce the prices because he decided to delete his account but his responses were just as bad as his prices.

Time ago there were no rules needed and now there are rules and even with them all has gone crazy. It's people attitude what is destroying this marketplace in my opinion and any posts talking about capitalism bull**** won't change what I think.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
Positive Comments = Threadcrapping?
« Reply #24 on: Tue, 29 January 2013, 13:07:47 »
^ this.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 29 January 2013, 13:13:25 »
I just don't see the need for anyone to comment in a FS thread, if the price is too high then the item won't sell. If a new member does buy at a crazy price then they should have done some more research.

Offline jabar

« Reply #26 on: Tue, 29 January 2013, 20:47:32 »
Time ago there were no rules needed and now there are rules and even with them all has gone crazy. It's people attitude what is destroying this marketplace in my opinion and any posts talking about capitalism bull**** won't change what I think.
Most members I've seen here calling for more rules and censorship in Classified ads are those who would benefit most from less informed buyers.

And before someone goes all capitalism this, capitalism that: censoring replies in threads is another form of stifling competition. So much for invisible hand nonsense when policing favors the sellers.
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 January 2013, 20:49:57 by jabar »
Leopold FC660C - Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 - Ducky DK9008 Shine II 78 Edition - Noppoo Choc Mini - Cherry G80-2100HDD - Cherry G80-8113HDPUS - Plu-M87 - Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears - Deck Legend Frost 105 - IBM F PC Keyboard - IBM M 122 (Lexmark) - Apple Extended Keyboard II

Phantom 7bit

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #27 on: Tue, 29 January 2013, 21:02:31 »
Most members I've seen here calling for more rules and censorship in Classified ads are those who would benefit most from less informed buyers.

And before someone goes all capitalism this, capitalism that: censoring replies in threads is another form of stifling competition. So much for invisible hand nonsense when policing favors the sellers.

Really? If true, that would be very telling.

Back OT, if a post is "damn, you are selling that POS for way too much money, and OBTW, you ripped a bunch of people off last time!" that doesn't seem like threadcrapping to me.  Neither is "Wow, nice piece, I can't afford it, but GLWS!"

But "that costs too much and capitalist bastids are driving out the good people who built this city and let me tell you a story about when I lost my house, my truck and my dog to a nefarious eBay seller" or " wow I am so glad we have such a wonderful place where beautiful people like you can sell their wonderful stuff and let me tell you a story about how my life was changed when I bought this...".  Those, IMHO, have no place in a for-sale thread.  Off-topic and long-winded just get in the way.

If you have a broad philosophical question, like "are positive comments threadcrapping?", then start a thread.

Exactly.

Like.

This.

Thread.

Good job, OP!

- Ron | samwisekoi

I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #28 on: Tue, 29 January 2013, 22:24:02 »
Back OT, if a post is "damn, you are selling that POS for way too much money, and OBTW, you ripped a bunch of people off last time!" that doesn't seem like threadcrapping to me.  Neither is "Wow, nice piece, I can't afford it, but GLWS!"

I'm happy to hear you feel that way. Unfortunately, in my experience most moderators will delete the negative post and not the encouraging post, probably at the request of the seller to clean up the thread. I think some clarity is needed, and should be conveyed to the moderation team, so that they can strive to be consistent in enforcement of the "no threadcrapping" rule, i.e. posts that are desultory, inflammatory, or simply off topic as to be not relevant to the thread.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #29 on: Tue, 29 January 2013, 22:31:48 »
Like moped comments in the classifieds?  :( D'awwwwww....

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
« Reply #30 on: Tue, 29 January 2013, 23:12:03 »
It's been stated by moderators multiple times publicly (and privately) that they typically only delete posts by request of the seller.  Once again, this keeps a loophole open for seller's to take advantage of that in a bias that really favors them without any potential for negative comments.

Don't worry Nate, I won't report your posts!  Threadcrap Allowed Zone, T.A.Z. in my thread!
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 January 2013, 23:14:03 by DanGWanG »

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #31 on: Tue, 29 January 2013, 23:13:21 »
It's been stated by moderators multiple times publicly (and privately) that they typically only delete posts by request of the seller.  Once again, this keeps a loophole open for seller's to take advantage of that in a bias that really favors them without any potential for negative comments.

Don't worry Nate, I won't report your posts!  Threadcrap Allowed Zone, T.Z.A. in my thread!
T.Z.A. or T.A.Z? :P

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
« Reply #32 on: Tue, 29 January 2013, 23:13:54 »
Ha, got me!

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #33 on: Tue, 29 January 2013, 23:14:44 »
Ha, got me!
Hehe:) I watch the spy like a hawk. *kakaw!*

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #34 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 02:13:27 »
I just don't see the need for anyone to comment in a FS thread, if the price is too high then the item won't sell. If a new member does buy at a crazy price then they should have done some more research.
I actually agree 100% with this post. Most forums I'm on use this as a base rule, 1 bump every 24 hrs. Post only if have questions about the item, any other comments shouldn't be posted, positive or negative.

Offline jeroplane

« Reply #35 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 07:29:55 »
I actually agree 100% with this post. Most forums I'm on use this as a base rule, 1 bump every 24 hrs. Post only if have questions about the item, any other comments shouldn't be posted, positive or negative.

While I am on the side of the fence that believes both positive and negative (but civilised) comments should be allowed in all Classifieds threads (see my thoughts here), this is also an option. It would just be nice if there was some consistency, whichever way the mods choose to go.

My signature hasn't changed since 2012. I should really update it.

Offline dirge

« Reply #36 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 08:43:04 »
freedom of speech mother ****ers!
Thinking about things isn't the same as doing things. Otherwise everybody would be in jail.

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #37 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 10:05:51 »

Is that a curse against "The Man" or a shout out to the powers of free speech?

Anyhow...

Last night I actually read the TOS.  It kind of, well, explains things.

Main: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=39249.0
Buy/Sell: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=31625.0

I've started a feedback discussion here:  http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=39772.0

Speaking only for myself, I promise that at least one admin will read feedback there.

Thanks and enjoy!

This message was typed on a keyboard purchased through the GH Classifieds, on keycaps purchased there and/or from a vendor forum. 
I'm a cheap bastid, so no anthropomorphic keycaps were harmed or even involved.

- Ron | samwisekoi

I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline dn

• Got Wood? Fabricator / Designer Extraordinaire
« Reply #38 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 10:20:33 »

Applies here.

Well said.
7G owner :)

PS: I'm looking for a PBT blank full set for my 7G!

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #39 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 10:31:22 »
doesn't exist on a private forum

dunno if you're joking, but the use of "freedom of speech" excuse is thrown around for too many things that don't apply whatsoever

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #40 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 10:55:09 »
People are way too sensitive these days, too reliant upon the voices and opinions of others for "happiness".

"If you don't have something nice to say, don't say it". Sure, that's a hell of a "feel good" sentiment. But things aren't black and white out here in the real world. Those with less than honorable intentions will always, ALWAYS hide behind and take advantage of rules meant to protect the honest, well intentioned members of a society. And rarely do those rules protect the ones they were intended to.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #41 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 11:24:45 »

Is that a curse against "The Man" or a shout out to the powers of free speech?

Anyhow...

Last night I actually read the TOS.  It kind of, well, explains things.

Main: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=39249.0
Buy/Sell: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=31625.0

I've started a feedback discussion here:  http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=39772.0

Speaking only for myself, I promise that at least one admin will read feedback there.

Thanks and enjoy!

This message was typed on a keyboard purchased through the GH Classifieds, on keycaps purchased there and/or from a vendor forum. 
I'm a cheap bastid, so no anthropomorphic keycaps were harmed or even involved.

- Ron | samwisekoi
Show Image

Did you read the part about signature requirements?  :))

"In order to provide a quality forum experience for all of our members, signatures are limited to 777 x 70 pixels (1,000 characters max). "

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #42 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 11:28:16 »
If thread crapping is allowed then I'm sure quite a few will start selling on eBay and linking to it here in some way.

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #43 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 11:30:01 »
Did you read the part about signature requirements?  :))

"In order to provide a quality forum experience for all of our members, signatures are limited to 777 x 70 pixels (1,000 characters max). "

Yes, it was within guidelines, but I agree it was too long and now is fixed.

- Ron | samwisekoi

78x32px

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #44 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 11:31:18 »
If thread crapping is allowed then I'm sure quite a few will start selling on eBay and linking to it here in some way.

May I quote you in the TOS Suggestion thread?

- Ron | samwisekoi

Offline Lu_e

« Reply #45 on: Thu, 07 March 2013, 13:46:28 »
sam/Ron? why do you manually add on ;

" - Ron | samwisekoi
"

to every post? Why not put it in your actual signature space? ....jw?

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #46 on: Thu, 07 March 2013, 14:03:40 »
Actually if you check, it's far from every post... and it's often a different keyboard.  I would bet you it's the keyboard he typed the post on.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens