Author Topic: OK NUFF SAID GIMME ALL UR CLACKS!  (Read 1563 times)

Offline frarees

• ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ WANGERZ
OK NUFF SAID GIMME ALL UR CLACKS!
« on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 13:04:25 »
No, seriously.  ;D

Hi there enthusiasts! I've been into the mechanical keyboard world for barely 1-2 weeks and I'm already into this so bad. I discovered a new world I must admit I didn't at all. Funny and somehow expensive hobby(?) so far.

Let me introduce myself. Spanish native working in Spain as a game developer full time. For a games company (hard to guess, right?). I love low level programming, despite is not the kind of stuff I'm responsible of at work. Reverse engineering? 80-90's console development? Aaahhh, lovely :) I grown using Windows as my main OS. Probably even typed in an IBM Model M. Not something I would remember. Now I'm too much into Apple I don't remember the last time I touched a Windows desktop. I'd love to move to full unix lifestyle, but due to work and social life it's going to be such a hard thing to do... I love UNIX by the way! Aaand I'm more of a VI guy. Sorry emacs users!
Born in the 90s (I've read some of you hate that common millenial-tied behaviour where things have to be fast and easy. I think I'm not that kind of guy. Let you be the judges!).

I'm sure I'm going to enjoy my stay here, and hope some day I'll get a chance to get an original click clack! I got to love those skulloids so bad in such short time... God!

In the meantime I'll get to know some of you guys, the ones who make all of this beauty possible! Thanks to those who care.

By the way, as probably everyone here, I was pushed to this dark-red place by a little beauty. In my case it's a blank HHKB pro 2 I'm trying to get! So that's a really big step forward in geekness... Different layout, key location, size, switches, even materials. It's going to be fun tho! As soon as I get it I'll post an unboxing, and probably where/how I got it in case that helps some of you guys here..

On the meantime, let me enjoy my now too biased Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad.. :p

PD: What would dad say if he saw me spending like 10 times the price a random keyboard costs for 60% of it with no inked keycaps and no arrows. Don't say to him, please!

Saludos everyone!

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
Re: OK NUFF SAID GIMME ALL UR CLACKS!
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 13:07:32 »
Bienvenidos a Geekhack!

HHKB = best keyboard
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline zars15

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 13:18:50 »
Greetings!

I am as well from 90's generation, but I don't find myself in that category as well. I've went with 60% board as well, except it's KBP V60(very lovely board and shines even brighter when modding it).

I'm actually struggling with one keyboard reverse engineering project, so it'd be cool to have you perhaps help me out. Esentially trying to make V60 openly programmable.

Modding is definitely my favorite part of this hobby!

Offline frarees

• ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ WANGERZ
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 14:36:22 »
Bienvenidos a Geekhack!

HHKB = best keyboard

No doubt! And yet I don't have it :(

Greetings!

I am as well from 90's generation, but I don't find myself in that category as well. I've went with 60% board as well, except it's KBP V60(very lovely board and shines even brighter when modding it).

I'm actually struggling with one keyboard reverse engineering project, so it'd be cool to have you perhaps help me out. Esentially trying to make V60 openly programmable.

Modding is definitely my favorite part of this hobby!

Going to check that board. Let me know about your progress and see if I could help you out! Sounds nice :thumb:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 05:59:16 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

HHKB is great - works very well on Mac/Unix because you can use Ctrl sequences for cursor motion, like Ctrl-A for beginning of line, Ctrl-F for forward one character etc., and the position of the Control key makes such navigation so easy!

Good luck with your Clack search - sometimes you can be in the right place at the right time and find one at a good price, but that's becoming less and less common now.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 07:29:29 »
HHKB is love, congratulations you have reached your destination and endgame board.

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 08:15:37 »
Welcome brother HHKB is love HHKB is life

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 13:28:59 »
Hello fellow newb!  I will send you ALL my clacks.  Which is none.  ;)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 22:35:22 »
hi
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.