Author Topic: [GB] Dolch.CR — 65% Modern Classic by Cary (shipping in progress)  (Read 69776 times)

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Re: [GB] ALF x Cary — 65% Modern Classic Dolch.CR (Production)
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 08 January 2019, 23:18:07 »
Show Image

All DCR supporters will get this board line for free ;D ;D ;D
Show Image

Thanks! Updated this in the first post.
« Last Edit: Sat, 30 March 2019, 17:58:57 by oldcat »

Offline pp

Re: [GB] ALF x Cary — 65% Modern Classic Dolch.CR
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 09 January 2019, 04:52:23 »
Great design. I'm in. ;D

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #52 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 00:05:35 »
Great design. I'm in. ;D

Thanks for the support bro

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #53 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 17:41:53 »
Hello All,

Welcome to the ALF x Cary — 65% Modern Classic Dolch.CR GB. I'm not trying to cause trouble, but I wish to inform buyers new to ALF manufacturing and what to expect.

Caveat Emptor folks!

Alf has a history of delays, look at dc60, alf x3 renova, alf x2, and currently doro67 and x11 are behind schedule.

My dc60 order and 19 other orders are still waiting for Alf to ship the replacements, after 2months since everyone else has received orders. I am not attacking Alf, but simply tell the facts as is. iLouise has been doing his best, but beyond daily reminders to Alf, there isn't much else he can do to get the remaining 20 dc60 orders shipped.

Delays happen and that understandable, but Alf has made countless promises on when items would be shipped, and have missed those dates.

You may say that I am picking on Alf when there are other GBs with more significant delays and sub-par quality products. The state of other poorly run GBs are fairly well known, but I thought with Alf regularly taking new orders. His style of manufacturing should be highlighted. Delays may be the norm, but we should have better communications and not false promises. Secondly, these other GBs are not taking on new orders and projects while existing orders are still behind schedule. Alf is running this as a business, and yet we as customers are being treated as second rate.

I know I am going to ruffle some feathers and take some heat for speaking out, oldcat/SugaaH is going to defend Alf. But I felt it was necessary to point out the issues before it got any worse. I hope I don't get attacked too severely for getting this off my chest.

I hope you enter this GB knowing the situation and that Alf is taking 2 projects at the exact same time, this round. G80 and the 65% Dolch.CR

Kind Regards,

P.S. Did not expect this to become an open letter, but as I was typing and editing, it sort of became one.
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 January 2019, 17:46:33 by Darknight00z »

Offline Justin_aka_OsP_SSJ4

• Chellow... it's me...
    • My Twitch
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 18:20:10 »
I would like to echo the above post. I made a more detailed post of my recent experience here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=96616.350

Frankly resolving peoples incorrect orders from 2 months ago doesnt seem to be a priority for Alf.
DC60 w/ DZ60 PCB & Steel plate w/ 3mm neoprene foam - 68g Chellows Lubed w/ 3204 - Find me on twitch/twitter Osprey_SSJ4

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #55 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 19:29:24 »
Hello All,

Welcome to the ALF x Cary — 65% Modern Classic Dolch.CR GB. I'm not trying to cause trouble, but I wish to inform buyers new to ALF manufacturing and what to expect.

Caveat Emptor folks!

Alf has a history of delays, look at dc60, alf x3 renova, alf x2, and currently doro67 and x11 are behind schedule.

My dc60 order and 19 other orders are still waiting for Alf to ship the replacements, after 2months since everyone else has received orders. I am not attacking Alf, but simply tell the facts as is. iLouise has been doing his best, but beyond daily reminders to Alf, there isn't much else he can do to get the remaining 20 dc60 orders shipped.

Delays happen and that understandable, but Alf has made countless promises on when items would be shipped, and have missed those dates.

You may say that I am picking on Alf when there are other GBs with more significant delays and sub-par quality products. The state of other poorly run GBs are fairly well known, but I thought with Alf regularly taking new orders. His style of manufacturing should be highlighted. Delays may be the norm, but we should have better communications and not false promises. Secondly, these other GBs are not taking on new orders and projects while existing orders are still behind schedule. Alf is running this as a business, and yet we as customers are being treated as second rate.

I know I am going to ruffle some feathers and take some heat for speaking out, oldcat/SugaaH is going to defend Alf. But I felt it was necessary to point out the issues before it got any worse. I hope I don't get attacked too severely for getting this off my chest.

I hope you enter this GB knowing the situation and that Alf is taking 2 projects at the exact same time, this round. G80 and the 65% Dolch.CR

Kind Regards,

P.S. Did not expect this to become an open letter, but as I was typing and editing, it sort of became one.

Thanks for the message. It’s a great point. But I would add that the shipping time also depends on how much designer pushes Alf. Sirius from the UniGo66 GB delivered many before estimated timeframe.

Offline Justin_aka_OsP_SSJ4

• Chellow... it's me...
    • My Twitch
« Reply #56 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 19:44:52 »
Thanks for the message. It’s a great point. But I would add that the shipping time also depends on how much designer pushes Alf. Sirius from the UniGo66 GB delivered many before estimated timeframe.
Having to be reminded to manufacture and ship products is not exactly something to be bragged about. Just emphasizes the point that buyers should be wary of Alf products.

Also as a gb runner. Louis has been absolutely fantastic and responds to all messages, tags and posts in a timely manner. Doing his best to update us and push Alf for information regularly. The blame is not on anyone but Alf.
DC60 w/ DZ60 PCB & Steel plate w/ 3mm neoprene foam - 68g Chellows Lubed w/ 3204 - Find me on twitch/twitter Osprey_SSJ4

Offline cary

• Designer of DOLCH.CR
« Reply #57 on: Fri, 11 January 2019, 00:02:07 »
Thank you for your support for ALF studio, and for showing interest in our products. As for your issues with the delay of DC60 and X1.1, as I know, the issues do exist. For X1.1, it is because ALF made wrong PCBs and they were re-designed and re-made. ALF has been actively working on it. For DC60, part of it is that the SF Express messed up a number of orders, and some were found to have issues. Therefore, ALF decided to re-make those DC60, and rest assured, they will be delivered to your door. As part of them are already shipping.

For the above 2 reasons, we can provide pictures about the wrong PCBs we made and the problematic DC60 because of the shipping process. Believe me, we really wanted to ship early but there are unforeseeable issues for GBs at this scale.

As for the issue you raised about whether we do new GBs when old GBs were not delivered. I want to clarify the composition of the ALF team. ALF is a team with designers and manufacturing individuals. Many of the GBs are actually manufacturing jobs, e.g., Doro67. The author is a working partner but not part of ALF. Oldcat is a special case as he has been providing pro bono help for many of the GBs to lower the GB runner-related costs.

For Doro67, all the items have been done and awaiting 80ultraman's QC examination, and they will be packed and shipped by 80ultraman.

Again, thank you for your support and trust. The DC60 and X1.1 you purchased will be delivered to you soon. We felt bad about the delay, but please trust that we have been diligently working on all the problems that arose without we expecting them.

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio
« Reply #58 on: Fri, 11 January 2019, 03:40:50 »
Nice work!!

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #59 on: Sun, 13 January 2019, 13:06:29 »
Nice work!!

Thanks! Cary puts a lot of time into this one!

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #60 on: Wed, 16 January 2019, 01:30:34 »
to avoid any kind of delay and possibly deliver early, Cary has started the CNC process for Dolch.CR! Still time to join to get this amazing board!

* BAD083D9-4F05-4CB0-8A81-74CCE988A2FD.MOV (513.76 kB - downloaded 144 times.)

Offline Ruler

« Reply #61 on: Thu, 17 January 2019, 00:27:48 »
First buy first entertained

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #62 on: Thu, 17 January 2019, 11:07:13 »
As for recent criticism of shipping speed of DC60, I have chatted a number of times with Cary, and he said he is doing his best to ensure there is no delay, and targeting early shipping. And he will improve the process to ensure the shipping address accuracy.

In doing that, he already started the CNC process (based on current estimates of the total GB numbers) in advance to make sure of that. And Cary will fulfill all the boards.

Offline hamad

Re: [GB] ALF x Cary — 65% Modern Classic Dolch.CR (1 week left)
« Reply #63 on: Fri, 18 January 2019, 11:22:36 »
I am new to group buys on geekhack and I have a question.
For the payment, the form say paypal email. Does it mean I need to have a paypal account or is it just a paypal invoce (no account needed)?
Thanks!

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #64 on: Fri, 18 January 2019, 22:42:41 »
I am new to group buys on geekhack and I have a question.
For the payment, the form say paypal email. Does it mean I need to have a paypal account or is it just a paypal invoce (no account needed)?
Thanks!

Hey you will need a paypal account I believe. Put in your paypal email in the GB form, and Cary will send an invoice.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #65 on: Sun, 20 January 2019, 01:56:16 »
Typing demo featuring little Cary

* 02F0970F-24C3-4461-A72B-8B878D433A81.MOV (1040.9 kB - downloaded 147 times.)

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #66 on: Tue, 22 January 2019, 02:17:19 »
3 days left!

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Re: [GB] ALF x Cary — 65% Modern Classic Dolch.CR (last 2 days)
« Reply #67 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 22:30:35 »
Last 2 days to join the GB!

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Re: [GB] ALF x Cary — 65% Modern Classic Dolch.CR (last day to join)
« Reply #68 on: Fri, 25 January 2019, 13:47:28 »
Last day to join!

211378-0

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Re: [GB] ALF x Cary — 65% Modern Classic Dolch.CR (GB ended 1/25)
« Reply #69 on: Sat, 26 January 2019, 17:11:31 »
Thanks everyone for a successful Dolch.CR GB! CNC is in process and Cary is totally on top of it and is committed to make it a smooth GB experience. For those who have paid and want to check order specifications and status (tracking will be added when shipped), please click here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nosB842O4_McmALcP6HG0ClgrlgOLEoC7e6XeIN6mJ0/edit?usp=sharing

For those who received an invoice and have not paid yet (not shown in the spreadsheet), please kindly pay within 48 hours, make a payment plan with Cary, or cancel the invoice, thank you!

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #70 on: Sat, 02 February 2019, 11:16:29 »
Happy birthday, Cary!

212037-0

212039-1

Offline Peripheral Prophet

• Lets change the game
« Reply #71 on: Sun, 03 February 2019, 22:27:34 »
Can I still purchase one of these?  I want the grey with gold weight and badge
Check out my live build streams on twitch and join my discord! https://discord.gg/QzeSQj2  https://www.twitch.tv/peripheral_installer

Offline US2040248A

« Reply #72 on: Mon, 04 February 2019, 00:26:05 »
excited!
« Last Edit: Sat, 13 July 2019, 07:58:15 by US2040248A »

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #73 on: Sun, 24 February 2019, 11:47:39 »
Just wanted to say that the fine crew on discord helped me find a great keycap set for this keyboard after looking for quite a while.

https://kbdfans.cn/products/gbenjoypbt-grayscale-keycaps-set

I am admittedly a noob, but it was quite difficult finding a set that had all the keys needed (especially the spacebar), options for MacOS, and look right for this keyboard. Luckily, I think the enjoypbt grayscale set is a winner, and currently available. As a bonus, enjoyPBT seems to be a well regarded team that makes good keycaps. Hope this helps someone.

A few questions for anyone familiar with customs and QMK:

• What is the process for flashing on of these boards? Just use a QMK configurator to build the layout you want and use a flash tool? Can this be done under MacOS?
  • Does the capslock key automatically stay lit up when activated... or do you need to configure that too? If so, how?

Really excited for this board. It looks perfectly retro. I'm planning to use kailh box whites or jades in mine.

Hey we will work on the qmk porting as well as VIA configurator, and a instruction will be provided.  Capslock will lit up.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #74 on: Sun, 24 February 2019, 11:48:13 »
CNC partly done, anodization partly done, and PCB also in progress! Will share some pictures.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #75 on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 10:33:29 »
Currently working on Via support for Dolch.Cr, thanks to Sirius and Scott Wei!

213682-0
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 March 2019, 11:21:48 by oldcat »

Offline bardomudo

« Reply #76 on: Sat, 02 March 2019, 01:08:08 »
Nevermind.
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 March 2019, 01:16:30 by bardomudo »

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #77 on: Sat, 30 March 2019, 17:52:54 »
Some updates:

It is progressing well, most of the things are done. I would expect shipping to start sometime in April. Hopefull all goes well from here.

Some pictures of the bonus case for everyone!

216342-0

216344-1

Offline Mearaz

« Reply #78 on: Thu, 02 May 2019, 23:29:32 »
any updates on when it will be ship?

Offline koduh

« Reply #79 on: Fri, 03 May 2019, 11:46:43 »
Bump - Any new updates on eta for sorting/shipping?

Offline Obe

« Reply #80 on: Fri, 03 May 2019, 14:05:54 »
How's this gonna work now that alf is leaving the community due to all the drama?

Offline Oni74

« Reply #81 on: Fri, 03 May 2019, 15:21:33 »
How's this gonna work now that alf is leaving the community due to all the drama?
Cary committed to complete manufacturing and start delivery mid-may. This was announced in the GB discord channel.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Offline Obe

« Reply #82 on: Fri, 03 May 2019, 16:36:26 »
Oh I'm not in the gb so it doesn't matter to me, was thinking there would be a statement regarding the fact that alf is leaving the community and how that would affect the gb. Glad to see it is still happening though  :thumb:

Offline koduh

« Reply #83 on: Sun, 19 May 2019, 14:09:54 »
Any updates for estimated shipping dates?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Re: [GB] Dolch.CR — 65% Modern Classic by Cary (Production)
« Reply #84 on: Thu, 23 May 2019, 20:53:55 »
Update:

First batch of PVD brass weights do not meet Cary’s QC standards and they are all re-done.

219831-0

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Re: [GB] Dolch.CR — 65% Modern Classic by Cary (shipping invoicing soon)
« Reply #85 on: Sat, 01 June 2019, 01:16:37 »
shipping invoicing soon

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Re: [GB] Dolch.CR — 65% Modern Classic by Cary (shipping invoicing soon)
« Reply #86 on: Sat, 01 June 2019, 01:53:24 »
Some brass parts were having minor marks, Cary decided to discard all of them and remake with the best craftsmanship. They will be ready soon.

Offline koduh

I paid my shipping invoice and have not seen any updates in nearly a month. I saw a post on r/MK someone has theirs. What's going on with this GB?

Offline Oni74

I paid my shipping invoice and have not seen any updates in nearly a month. I saw a post on r/MK someone has theirs. What's going on with this GB?

I messaged with Cary earlier today on Discord. He said non-hotswap boards have been shipped and hotswap boards will be shipped in the next 48 hours. He also added that up to 10 days will be needed for delivery. I asked about the shipping carrier but didn't say. Based on this information, we can probably assume that everything will be shipped out by EOD Wednesday, add about ten days for delivery, so July 8th at the latest for all deliveries.

If you want timely updates and/or want to interact with Cary, I suggest you join the Dolch.CR Discord channel (https://discord.gg/KfXYyZ)

Offline Jinnnxxu

• U only live once
 :D
A typing test with Dolch.CR

Ins: Jinnnxxu     Discord:Jinnnxxu#9644    
Exclusive: E8V1 | E7V1 x14 | E7-VX | E6V2 x1 | E6V2 PE x7 | E6.5 x9 | E7SE x3 | E8.5 x5
Matrix: 1.0RE | 1.2RE | Abel | Abel+ | Cain | 2.0 x8 | 2.2 x8 | Abel-x x4 | M6 x2 | 1.2OG x15 | Project F x2 | 2.0AD x15 | Noah x3 | Mr. Hat x3 | 2.0VK x1
Rama: M60-A x4 | M65-A x2 | M6-A 88edition | M6-B | KOYU x3 | M60-A SEQ2 X4 | M6-C x2 | U80 x5 | M10-C | M6-C | M60 LNY x2 | M60 Olivia x2 | M65-B x5
FOX: Leaf 80 x4 | Leaf 60 x4 | Key65 x5      TGR:Jane V2 | 910RE | Jane V2 CE x2     Percent: Canoe x3 | Maze x2 | Skog lite | Canoe FE x2
Others: Mira SE x2 | Jermini | C225 x2 | INETT Cross x2 | Kira 80 | Kira 60 | Zephyr 65 R2 | Space 65 x2 | Volcano 660 x3 | INETT Square80 x4 | INETT Square68 x6 | FMJ 80 x2 | Keycult No.2 x1 | Thermal x2

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Re: [GB] Dolch.CR — 65% Modern Classic by Cary (shipping in progress)
« Reply #90 on: Mon, 01 July 2019, 14:56:59 »
shipping is in progress

Offline ZG2047

« Reply #91 on: Mon, 01 July 2019, 15:04:50 »
Where is the USB port on this PCB please ?
Is it possible to purchase the PCB standalone ?

Offline Rah3000

« Reply #92 on: Mon, 08 July 2019, 16:22:29 »
Anyone with a hotswap pcb receive their board yet?

Offline US2040248A

« Reply #93 on: Mon, 08 July 2019, 18:01:28 »
Anyone with a hotswap pcb receive their board yet?

Yes people have received theres but the WKL hotswaps did not ship yet.

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #94 on: Wed, 10 July 2019, 10:11:10 »
Hey everyone. For those wanting to program their hotswap wk board, I discovered that it is identical in switch matrix and pins used to the doro67 rgb.

If you would like to program your board using QMK Configurator, please use: https://config.qmk.fm/#/doro67/rgb/LAYOUT

Offline US2040248A

« Reply #95 on: Wed, 10 July 2019, 10:15:07 »
Hey everyone. For those wanting to program their hotswap wk board, I discovered that it is identical in switch matrix and pins used to the doro67 rgb.

If you would like to program your board using QMK Configurator, please use: https://config.qmk.fm/#/doro67/rgb/LAYOUT

Do you know if the WK hotswap kb is supported?
« Last Edit: Sat, 13 July 2019, 07:59:26 by US2040248A »

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #96 on: Wed, 10 July 2019, 10:39:58 »
You can try.

Offline portbaron

« Reply #97 on: Sat, 13 July 2019, 05:44:53 »
So how are we programming the regular PCB? I tried the doro67 qmk above and now the pcb is totally unresponsive.
« Last Edit: Sat, 13 July 2019, 06:15:01 by portbaron »
| LIVING THE 1800 LIFE |

Offline US2040248A

« Reply #98 on: Sat, 13 July 2019, 07:49:12 »
So how are we programming the regular PCB? I tried the doro67 qmk above and now the pcb is totally unresponsive.

Yea who knows... kind of disappointed in the way the gb is going so far. Constructive feedback:

1. It was promised that the board would support QMK/VIA. 2 weeks ago Cary said "QMK is currently supported, and the via service will be available in two weeks". Well it's two weeks later and not a peep from him since then and we have guys like Merlin doing gods work and having to hack scripts himself. Cary shared some .json file with no clear instructions on which pcb is supported or what we have to do to use it. The right thing to do would have been for the boards to have shipped with working QMK and/or VIA or at the very least a timeline on when the software will be released and updates leading to it.

2. Cary has been super unresponsive. Both to PMs on here and on the discord. Still waiting on for shipping info on my black WK hotswap...

3. Cary should be posting regular updates here instead of random messages on Discord. Or better yet, how about just emailing everyone in the GB? You have all of their emails after all. There was a period of time where Cary went silent and claimed China was cracking down on VPNs or something. I don't buy it. There is always a way to message us. Overall it's a communications mess. Which keyboards have shipped? What's the status on the ones that haven't shipped? What's the status on QMK and VIA?

I do think everything will be sorted out eventually, but at this point many of us don't know when our keyboards will ship, or if you've gotten your dolch.cr you don't know when you will be able to actually use it.

Offline Rah3000

« Reply #99 on: Sun, 28 July 2019, 15:52:06 »
Any updates?