Author Topic: [GB] XDA Oblique (complete)  (Read 166069 times)

Offline erthan

Re: [GB] XDA Oblique (In Production)
« Reply #250 on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 09:24:22 »
I'm not too concerned about delays or wait times! It happens for sure. My biggest issue is the complete radio silence from MechKeys.ca... I can't get a response from them and if they don't change my shipping address this set will be delivered to some strangers who probably won't appreciate what they're receiving at all.

Offline dr_derivative

• Not a real doctor
« Reply #251 on: Thu, 28 February 2019, 16:49:06 »
I'm not too concerned about delays or wait times! It happens for sure. My biggest issue is the complete radio silence from MechKeys.ca... I can't get a response from them and if they don't change my shipping address this set will be delivered to some strangers who probably won't appreciate what they're receiving at all.

How have you been trying to contact him? He usually replies to emails pretty quickly (within a couple days at least), otherwise I'm pretty sure he has a discord server too.
GH/Reddit/DT: dr_derivative | Discord: dr_derivative#3618 | IG: dr_derivative_mk
MK Ireland Discord: https://discord.gg/2KdxJzR

Offline erthan

« Reply #252 on: Fri, 01 March 2019, 09:47:24 »

How have you been trying to contact him? He usually replies to emails pretty quickly (within a couple days at least), otherwise I'm pretty sure he has a discord server too.
Sent an email a couple weeks ago and have messaged on Facebook with no response :\ I'll find the discord. Thanks!

Offline TechieWeirdo

« Reply #253 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 10:08:38 »
Updates?
b o a r d s

Offline krispy

« Reply #254 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 11:34:35 »
:*(

Offline dr_derivative

• Not a real doctor
« Reply #255 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 12:25:21 »
Updates?

Nothing new since Wednesday

Show Image

I hope it won't take that long :(
GH/Reddit/DT: dr_derivative | Discord: dr_derivative#3618 | IG: dr_derivative_mk

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #256 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 17:46:51 »

Show Image

Hopefully soon....
I ordered 2 sets.

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #257 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 00:33:43 »
I blame XDA Canvas and their re-design delay which consequently led to our delay ;)

Offline krispy

« Reply #258 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 19:52:52 »
Updates?

Show Image

I hope it won't take that long :(
I'm sure we'll have them soon :)

Offline dr_derivative

• Not a real doctor
« Reply #259 on: Tue, 05 March 2019, 11:00:48 »
Ok, so I some good news for once ;D

The manufacturer sent more than just the production samples they promised to zFrontier. They sent 5 huge boxes of keycaps, which should be a good portion of the total order.

There seem to be at least both types of alphas and mods, as well as spacebar, numpad, and blanks kits. I won't know for sure which kits and how many until they have been properly sorted.

It doesn't look like any of the kits with coloured keys (accents, 40s, ortho, and ergo) are present, so I assume they're still in production.

Looks like we won't be waiting until December after all :))

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #260 on: Tue, 05 March 2019, 12:34:31 »

The manufacturer sent more than just the production samples they promised to zFrontier. They sent 5 huge boxes of keycaps, which should be a good portion of the total order.

There seem to be at least both types of alphas and mods, as well as spacebar, numpad, and blanks kits. I won't know for sure which kits and how many until they have been properly sorted.

It doesn't look like any of the kits with coloured keys (accents, 40s, ortho, and ergo) are present, so I assume they're still in production.

Awesome!!!
Thanks for the update.

Offline saucybulgogi

« Reply #261 on: Tue, 05 March 2019, 12:38:07 »
Oh thank goodness. I was getting nervous about a group buy for once

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline nguyenhimself

[GB] XDA Oblique (In Production)
« Reply #262 on: Tue, 05 March 2019, 12:38:37 »

Sweet!
I wonder if zFrontier will start shipping each order as soon as the sorting is finished, or if they will wait for all the kits before sending then all to the postal in one single trip.
And yeah, I did not buy any kit with accent keys  :)

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #263 on: Tue, 05 March 2019, 12:48:25 »
Glad to hear the good news!!

I blame XDA Canvas and their re-design delay which consequently led to our delay ;)

and xda canvas is being run again, so soon!! :facepalm:

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #264 on: Tue, 05 March 2019, 12:50:29 »
Glad to hear the good news!!

and xda canvas is being run again, so soon!! :facepalm:

Too soon IMHO, but it's mito's decision really. Last round's caps are not warm on my fingers yet.

Offline tunadesu

« Reply #265 on: Tue, 05 March 2019, 13:32:48 »
Pretty sweet news. Think they'll hold onto em until everything arrives? Or start shipping out what they got

Offline buthidae

« Reply #266 on: Tue, 05 March 2019, 14:45:00 »
Well that is some awesome news to wake up to. Making progress :thumb: :thumb: :D

Offline dr_derivative

• Not a real doctor
« Reply #267 on: Tue, 05 March 2019, 16:32:03 »
Pretty sweet news. Think they'll hold onto em until everything arrives? Or start shipping out what they got

I'm not sure, but there is a lot of sorting to do first. The GB sold like 2.6k kits total, so it could take a while before they start shipping regardless :))

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #268 on: Tue, 05 March 2019, 16:56:37 »

I'm not sure, but there is a lot of sorting to do first. The GB sold like 2.6k kits total, so it could take a while before they start shipping regardless :))

Hope they use some sort of tray to hold the caps. XDA Canvas was a mess as lots of people got wrong keys.

Offline dr_derivative

• Not a real doctor
« Reply #269 on: Thu, 07 March 2019, 10:12:39 »
Ok, so zF have received the full order of regular & katakana alphas, text mods (and I think icon mods too, but they didn't say), numpad, spacebars, and blanks.

They also sent samples of the accent, homing, 40%, ortho, ergo, UK, and int kits. There is also a sample of the M0110 kit (although technically not part of this GB).

They said that the blue accent keys look less saturated IRL than in the photos. Also, the orange keys are done in a different orange. Here's a pic of the orange accents next to a correct colour sample.

The remaining kits are still in production. The factory estimates 2 weeks, although we all know how accurate their previous estimates have been :))

I'm currently confirming if they'll start shipping now or whether they're waiting for the full order.

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #270 on: Thu, 07 March 2019, 10:28:01 »
Ok, so zF have received the full order of regular & katakana alphas, text mods (and I think icon mods too, but they didn't say), numpad, spacebars, and blanks.

They also sent samples of the accent, homing, 40%, ortho, ergo, UK, and int kits. There is also a sample of the M0110 kit (although technically not part of this GB).

Show Image

Show Image

They said that the blue accent keys look less saturated IRL than in the photos. Also, the orange keys are done in a different orange. Here's a pic of the orange accents next to a correct colour sample.

Show Image

The remaining kits are still in production. The factory estimates 2 weeks, although we all know how accurate their previous estimates have been :))

I'm currently confirming if they'll start shipping now or whether they're waiting for the full order.
Looks great, didn't join the GB, so hoping I can pick up some of the extra kits

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #271 on: Thu, 07 March 2019, 16:26:53 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Looks amazing!

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #272 on: Thu, 07 March 2019, 19:34:16 »
I was just looking at the photos and was going to say, yeah the orange is way too vivid - then I saw the comment about the wrong orange :D

Looking forward to getting the kits!

Offline nephlock

« Reply #273 on: Fri, 08 March 2019, 00:50:28 »
Nice to see some progress shots!

Offline allysure

« Reply #274 on: Fri, 08 March 2019, 03:12:06 »
Very very excited for these! Glad I got the accent kit as well. Colours look cheery

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #275 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 05:05:08 »
It’s been so long, I forgot I bought these. Glad to see they’re getting closer to finishing.

Offline Surpex

« Reply #276 on: Tue, 19 March 2019, 01:44:39 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Glad to see these are coming along! Any update about a week later?
DZ60/Conductor keycaps. XDA Oblique eventually!

Offline dr_derivative

• Not a real doctor
« Reply #277 on: Tue, 19 March 2019, 05:09:29 »

Glad to see these are coming along! Any update about a week later?

Not yet, but hopefully it won't be too much longer. I'll post an update when I hear something.

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #278 on: Wed, 20 March 2019, 01:08:10 »
will there be extras available at dixie mech ?

Offline dr_derivative

• Not a real doctor
« Reply #279 on: Wed, 20 March 2019, 05:33:49 »
will there be extras available at dixie mech ?

Yep, although with the amount of people that have been asking about extras IDK how long they'll last

Offline Fate

« Reply #280 on: Tue, 26 March 2019, 06:24:56 »
Behold: My anticipatory vibration has been recognized on seismometers.

Offline online

« Reply #281 on: Tue, 26 March 2019, 06:34:45 »
any update?

Offline dr_derivative

• Not a real doctor
« Reply #282 on: Tue, 26 March 2019, 09:27:55 »
any update?

I'm waiting on an update at the moment

Offline dr_derivative

• Not a real doctor
« Reply #283 on: Wed, 27 March 2019, 07:42:35 »
The remaining kits should be shipped from the manuf to zFrontier tomorrow. Sets bought from zF should hopefully start shipping pretty soon ;D. The rest of the world will have to wait a little bit longer for international shipping, customs clearance, etc. but hopefully that won't be too much longer.

Offline dantambok

« Reply #284 on: Wed, 27 March 2019, 09:04:47 »
great to hear some good news!
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #285 on: Wed, 27 March 2019, 12:51:38 »
Good to know. Especially since I purchased from zF :)

Thanks for the update. It’s been a long journey. Not as depressingly long as certain other GBs, but still... :D

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #286 on: Wed, 27 March 2019, 14:01:04 »
The remaining kits should be shipped from the manuf to zFrontier tomorrow. Sets bought from zF should hopefully start shipping pretty soon ;D. The rest of the world will have to wait a little bit longer for international shipping, customs clearance, etc. but hopefully that won't be too much longer.

I bought from Zfrontier international. Haha, hope they deliver this time.

Offline Surpex

« Reply #287 on: Fri, 29 March 2019, 09:26:29 »

So am I expecting more or less than a month more if I ordered from Dixie Mech?
DZ60/Conductor keycaps. XDA Oblique eventually!

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #288 on: Sun, 31 March 2019, 22:34:03 »
Does Dixie put up extras after they receive the shipment and the main orders are shipped out ?

Offline dr_derivative

• Not a real doctor
« Reply #289 on: Tue, 02 April 2019, 04:34:07 »
Good news everyone!

The remainder of Oblique has arrived at zFrontier. They're already starting to ship kits out to the other vendors, after which they should start shipping to customers.

So am I expecting more or less than a month more if I ordered from Dixie Mech?

I'll ask him for a rough estimate. Shipping from China to him should be pretty fast but I've no idea how long it'll take to clear customs and for him to sort and ship everything.

Does Dixie put up extras after they receive the shipment and the main orders are shipped out ?

That is what usually happens. I'll post here on the thread when extras are up (if nobody else beats me to it).
« Last Edit: Tue, 02 April 2019, 12:27:21 by dr_derivative »

Offline Fate

« Reply #290 on: Tue, 02 April 2019, 11:19:30 »
e x c e l l e n t

Offline dr_derivative

• Not a real doctor
« Reply #291 on: Tue, 02 April 2019, 12:25:24 »

If you subscribe to his mailing list he said he'll announce the sale of extras there first  ;D

Offline hahihuhei

« Reply #292 on: Wed, 03 April 2019, 05:30:54 »
omg I just got my shipping notification!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline liv05

« Reply #293 on: Wed, 03 April 2019, 05:31:11 »
Mine is shipped and arriving tomorrow!

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #294 on: Wed, 03 April 2019, 05:48:28 »
Shipping notification received here from zFrontier also 👍

Offline Fate

« Reply #295 on: Wed, 03 April 2019, 06:00:29 »
Please post pictures as soon as you have them mounted up on whatever board - I'm envious as hell, what with having to wait for customs and Dixie Mech. :D

Offline dantambok

« Reply #296 on: Wed, 03 April 2019, 06:46:01 »
really happy this is starting to ship already!  ;D
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline TechieWeirdo

« Reply #297 on: Wed, 03 April 2019, 09:25:10 »
Got my tracking number! Arriving on Monday :)
b o a r d s

Offline allysure

« Reply #298 on: Wed, 03 April 2019, 10:06:02 »
Have got my shipping notif from zfrontier as well. Excited to finally get it! Gonna be my first time trying out xda caps. Fingers crossed I will like it as much as I like MT3.

Offline kakiharaOne

« Reply #299 on: Wed, 03 April 2019, 13:09:54 »
If anyone had a change of heart and looking to offload... hmu!

Looking for:

Base Alphas
Base Icon Mods
Accents
Space bars
Compatibility

<3