Author Topic: 104 keycaps sets for modified keyboard layouts  (Read 2233 times)

Offline LollyWater

104 keycaps sets for modified keyboard layouts
« on: Thu, 15 November 2012, 08:31:54 »
Looking at a 75% keyboard as well as Ducky 104 PBT keycaps but I'm not sure all the keys will be on the keyboard are interchangeable with the standard layout Ducky keyscaps. Is there anyway I can get the extra keycaps I need?
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 November 2012, 10:14:24 by LollyWater »

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
Re: 104 keycaps sets for modified keyboard layouts
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 15 November 2012, 09:34:54 »
What 75% keyboard in particular?

Offline LollyWater

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 15 November 2012, 09:39:58 »
What 75% keyboard in particular?

I'm currently looking at the Noppoo Choc Mini.
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 November 2012, 10:13:34 by LollyWater »

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 15 November 2012, 10:14:05 »
That is true (about the smaller right shift, which you removed from your post...). Also, a lot of those keys aren't really standard. For instance, the keys on the far right (PgUp, PgDn, End, etc.) on most boards are on the top most rows. Since those are lower, they will be a bit off when put on a board like this. Also, the keys at the bottom aren't all normal. You'll have to search to find replacements for them, and I'm not sure they'll match your PBT caps too well. I would say you could work it out with some double shot sets if you mixed and matched the base sets with tsangan sets. (And since you dropped your comment, some tsangan kits do come with a smaller right shift included (1.75x) that should work for that.)

At least that board doesn't have a wack top row like the Race...

Offline LollyWater

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 15 November 2012, 10:55:56 »
That is true (about the smaller right shift, which you removed from your post...). Also, a lot of those keys aren't really standard. For instance, the keys on the far right (PgUp, PgDn, End, etc.) on most boards are on the top most rows. Since those are lower, they will be a bit off when put on a board like this. Also, the keys at the bottom aren't all normal. You'll have to search to find replacements for them, and I'm not sure they'll match your PBT caps too well. I would say you could work it out with some double shot sets if you mixed and matched the base sets with tsangan sets. (And since you dropped your comment, some tsangan kits do come with a smaller right shift included (1.75x) that should work for that.)

At least that board doesn't have a wack top row like the Race...

Damn, one of the main reasons I was so excited about a mechanical keyboard was the ability to swap out the keys. I may have to go for a standard TKL like the Quickfire Rapid. Maybe even the POKER as much and the lack of arrow keys bothers me. Thanks.  :(

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 15 November 2012, 11:07:08 »
Yeah a TKL or Poker are better options if that is your goal. Like I said, there are ways to work with it, but they're not as easy. Also, on the Poker, there are arrow keys on another layer (WASD as well as right shift, ctrl, menu, super) which you would have to hold Fn down for, but they're there.

Offline LollyWater

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 15 November 2012, 11:33:38 »
Yeah a TKL or Poker are better options if that is your goal. Like I said, there are ways to work with it, but they're not as easy. Also, on the Poker, there are arrow keys on another layer (WASD as well as right shift, ctrl, menu, super) which you would have to hold Fn down for, but they're there.

This is true but as far as gaming goes I really dislike using the right modifier keys and right shift as arrow keys. I find the modifier keys too far apart to be comfortable. I play a fair bit of platformers and twin stick shooters so this causes a problem. But I also play a bit of CS so I'd like a bit more desk area. But you can't have everything.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 15 November 2012, 11:36:08 »
You can if you buy both!

Offline LollyWater

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 15 November 2012, 11:49:33 »
You can if you buy both!

I would if I had the money!  :D