Author Topic: [GB] Melody65 - extra units in stock 29/12 - 9 PM EST  (Read 55948 times)

Offline chaehwasu

Re: [GB] Melody65 | New update | <30 UNITS
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 08 November 2020, 10:03:23 »
Is the number of units of Chinese GB and global GB different?
Already sold out at kbdfans.com, but still available for purchase at the Chinese version of kbdfans.

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #51 on: Sun, 08 November 2020, 12:42:26 »
Is the number of units of Chinese GB and global GB different?
Already sold out at kbdfans.com, but still available for purchase at the Chinese version of kbdfans.

I can't access the kbdfans.cn because it redirects me (i need a vpn for that) but i can tell you that it was 500+25 units globally, not per region.
I think we sold slightly more units (e.g. 530 +25) to cover eventual cancels and because they forgot to close, but in general the limit is global

I still see the one on ".com" available, it should have been closed yesterday but i still see it open 
« Last Edit: Sun, 08 November 2020, 12:44:06 by KaosJ »

Offline chaehwasu

« Reply #52 on: Sun, 08 November 2020, 19:10:10 »
Chinese kbdfan is kbdfans.store
I want to buy two of melody65 but it was already sold out. So i connect to kbdfans.store and i found i can buy melody which is already sold out from kbdfans.com. i bought two melody65 at there. And i am worried about they cancel my order because of over-counted order

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #53 on: Sun, 08 November 2020, 19:22:47 »
Chinese kbdfan is kbdfans.store
I want to buy two of melody65 but it was already sold out. So i connect to kbdfans.store and i found i can buy melody which is already sold out from kbdfans.com. i bought two melody65 at there. And i am worried about they cancel my order because of over-counted order

If you are able to buy, they won't cancel, probably he closes the gb with different timing. 

Basically he closed the gb correctly and the limit is reached, but if someone cancels their order, that specific configuration (e.g. one single color + one specific bottom) will return back, untill someone buys it. So you may see that is not sold-out externally from the melody65 page, but when you enter only one specific configuration might be available and the other are all soldout.
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 November 2020, 00:54:45 by KaosJ »

Offline yukitoki

Re: [GB] Melody65 - Orders concluded
« Reply #54 on: Mon, 09 November 2020, 10:25:56 »
grats on the GB  :thumb:

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #55 on: Mon, 16 November 2020, 02:04:44 »
2~4 people refunded their order, so if anyone is interested, these units returned available (probably until 20 November)

Offline karateyes

« Reply #56 on: Fri, 20 November 2020, 16:08:02 »
I ordered the wrong case+plate foam. I have a uni version board, but accidentally ordered the hotswap foam version. Is there a big difference between the 2, or will it still comply with the uni version board?

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #57 on: Sat, 21 November 2020, 09:41:42 »
I ordered the wrong case+plate foam. I have a uni version board, but accidentally ordered the hotswap foam version. Is there a big difference between the 2, or will it still comply with the uni version board?

Just get in contact with Kbdfans and ask to change from hotswap-foams to universal foams, there will be no problem to change it, yes these foams will be different, the cuts will be precise to fit between components, stabs, hotswap sockets, etc... 
If you don't solve the swap thing, write me back (in dm possibly)   
« Last Edit: Sat, 21 November 2020, 09:44:30 by KaosJ »

Offline yukitoki

« Reply #58 on: Sun, 29 November 2020, 22:30:28 »
one day...u shall arrive  :eek:

Offline yukitoki

« Reply #59 on: Tue, 15 December 2020, 12:53:24 »
Hey by any chance do you know the final dimensions for the front height and length.
I wanted to make some wrist rest if possible.
Thank you for your time.

Offline Fisher

« Reply #60 on: Wed, 16 December 2020, 07:51:17 »
That's so cool! I like it!!! ;D ;D

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #61 on: Thu, 17 December 2020, 04:05:54 »
Hey by any chance do you know the final dimensions for the front height and length.
I wanted to make some wrist rest if possible.
Thank you for your time.

Keyboard dimension are mentioned in this update:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=109263.msg2976974#msg2976974

Offline 小太阳

« Reply #62 on: Sat, 19 December 2020, 03:50:04 »
interesting  ;)

Offline yuejia

« Reply #63 on: Mon, 21 December 2020, 00:54:39 »
That’s what I want!!! Amazing stuff!!!

Offline keenblack

« Reply #64 on: Fri, 15 January 2021, 04:06:30 »
Happy New Year 2021. How is the GB progress going? Can I get a sample or an estimated delivery schedule?

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #65 on: Fri, 15 January 2021, 04:54:39 »
Happy New Year 2021. How is the GB progress going? Can I get a sample or an estimated delivery schedule?

Hello and Happy new year mate!
I don't have any other estimation apart the first one which was more or less end march.  I could have a better one in the next weeks 

Also, production started :) 

Offline yukitoki

« Reply #66 on: Mon, 18 January 2021, 12:35:11 »
Great news  :thumb:

Offline Roddin

« Reply #67 on: Tue, 26 January 2021, 05:53:12 »
woof! can't wait for the keyboard. only piece missing from the new pc setup. lol

Offline keenblack

« Reply #68 on: Sun, 21 February 2021, 22:02:13 »
It's March soon. What's the progress? This GB doesn't have a discode, so it's hard to ask you a question or hear anything new. I want new news and new photos. We said production started in January, so please post pictures of FE models and regular models now.
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 February 2021, 22:04:43 by keenblack »

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #69 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 05:02:01 »
It's March soon. What's the progress? This GB doesn't have a discode, so it's hard to ask you a question or hear anything new. I want new news and new photos. We said production started in January, so please post pictures of FE models and regular models now.

I asked an update to Wei and will get back to you. I didn't update anywhere because i don't have an update yet and i was waiting for their festivals to end in order to ask again. 
Theorically China should still be in the festival events until 26 afaik, but cny should be concluded so i asked and i believe Wei will reply soon.

We saw PC sample that i can't share yet because don't have any good picture of it and because is unfrosted. Also saw the brass coating. I asked wei for new photos of the rest, if they have. 

Will update asap when i have news
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 February 2021, 05:17:16 by KaosJ »

Offline yukitoki

« Reply #70 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 08:15:02 »
Pics! i want pics  :thumb:

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #71 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 14:36:41 »
Here is an update and the discord on the bottom. 
Most of the factories re-started to work this week after CNY. Apparently, in mid-january when they asked if they could start the production, the actual production of cases didn't started because they had to do multiple tweaks, especially on PCB and bottom part of the case to make it more feasible to CNC (apparently was too prone to break CNC tips)   

In the current state we have:
  • Foams tweaked, ordered and in production. 
  • PCBs ordered after all the tweaks, not sure if in queue of production or in production, but order was sent. The final PCB will be black, they updated the connectors to motherboard and removed the unused extra connector.
    The connector between main pcb and daughterboard will be this: https://i.imgur.com/X8kYaDK.png   
  • Case tweaked multiple times, especially bottom, still in the pre-production stage teorically. If the last minor tweak they did (should arrive exactly these days) goes well, after testing, the actual production of cases will start as well.

They said PCBs and everything will end a lot sooner than case parts and that the harder part will be again brass parts (probably brass coating, for that they changed factory).
For now i must stick with the same 5-6 months bare estimation that i said from the start (i'm not sure if it's from start of GB or from end of GB at this point), but I asked for a more detailed estimation for the end of the production and i should have one this week, so i will definetely keep you updated on this.

Meanwhile i can show you 2 photos of an early sample (january) of the full PC case, which was tweaked now (keep in mind that the final one will be frosted)
More
Ignore the connector on the pcb

And this will be the coating of the brass parts (not a melody in the video)
More

I will show you other when i have other, CNY is over so Wei will keep me updated on this. They are definetely working on this and they have it in the priority list, now that all the festivals ended (almost) things will start to go faster.     
Also i hear you, we need a discord. For now i didn't made any personal discord for the Melody65, but temporary you can use this https://discord.gg/z2eZq6VT, i promise to post all the updates here on GH, discord and reddit.
It is the discord of the italian community but there is a project section and there is the Melody65.

Stay tuned, there will be other updates in the next days, especially on more accurate estimation for the production end, probably also some pics. If you have any other question, feel free to ask here or in pm, as you prefer 
Cheers   
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 February 2021, 15:14:17 by KaosJ »

Offline yukitoki

« Reply #72 on: Fri, 26 February 2021, 13:11:35 »
Ty for the update.  :thumb:

Offline dudewth

« Reply #73 on: Fri, 05 March 2021, 16:35:20 »
Discord link invalid - new link available?

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #74 on: Fri, 05 March 2021, 18:33:52 »
Discord link invalid - new link available?

Sorry you are right, link expired, here you go https://discord.gg/C37hxStJYp

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #75 on: Mon, 15 March 2021, 07:55:50 »
No updates on the ETA but some photo from the CNC factory
https://imgur.com/a/cJmlPgV

Apparently top-parts started january or before (i didn't knew that), while the bottom started recently (2 weeks ago or so).
Also Wei informed me that we have 6 machines working on the CNC.
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 March 2021, 08:06:09 by KaosJ »

Offline KaosJ

Re: [GB] Melody65 - In production
« Reply #76 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 07:47:40 »
UPDATE from KBDFans:
Production is expected to finish at the end of April.
Unless something unexpected arise, shipments will start in May!

EDIT: Founder edition will be a little late, factory will give them an eta on the FE too, probably tomorrow
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 April 2021, 08:09:25 by KaosJ »

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #77 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 09:51:38 »
Another update, regarding only Founder Edition:
They said me today that they will start April 20 to produce the Founder Bottom so it is slightly late, they have to go slow on such a big surface of brass apparently

All the standard keebs are still planned to end production at the end of April and start to ship in May!

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #78 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 03:53:46 »
IMPORTANT UPDATE

Update 1:
Aluminium case cnc basically finished, for now i have only these new photos, anodizing also started, will post other colors when i have.
Mini album (4 photos): https://imgur.com/a/jjl4412

Regarding CNC now they are focussing on Polycarbonate bottom

Update 2 (IMPORTANT):
They informed me that they have to give up on the 35 TOP Polycarbonate because they can't find a Raw PC block thick enough to cnc it.   
Wei looked for many suppliers but could not find any, top is very thick and apparently even big China can't offer such a piece. They tried hard but failed, these supplier said that they have never even produced such thick material.

Basically, 35 people bought the full PC (on a total of around 550 keebs) and full PC can't be done due the top being too thick. THIS IS NOT AFFECTING PC BOTTOM, bottom PC is in production. 

They said they will contact these 35 people through mail directly trying to propose a counter offer, but if you don't get a mail in the next days, feel free to contact me as well.
What you can decide if you are one of these 35 people:
  • Switch to Aluminium (alu top+pc bottom or full alu)
  • Make the top with Acrylic (the bottom will still be PC)
  • Refund
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 April 2021, 03:58:26 by KaosJ »

Offline yukitoki

Re: [GB] Melody65 - In production (NEW UPDATES)
« Reply #79 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 09:51:49 »
ty for the update  :thumb:

Offline eaiCCZ

« Reply #80 on: Sun, 16 May 2021, 15:00:25 »
Hello

Thank you for all the updates. What about the recent status ?
KBDfans was planning to finish production end of Appril and start delivery in May. Is it still the case or has it been postponed ?

Offline dudewth

« Reply #81 on: Sun, 16 May 2021, 16:17:08 »
Most recent update from discord:

They informed me that they can end PC bottom production at the end of may.
Also, they said that most likely full Alu boards will ship before May 31, exception are e-white and navy.
-E-white will ship after 31
-Navy might ship before but they need confirmation since this changed recently

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #82 on: Mon, 17 May 2021, 08:40:06 »
Most recent update from discord:

They informed me that they can end PC bottom production at the end of may.
Also, they said that most likely full Alu boards will ship before May 31, exception are e-white and navy.
-E-white will ship after 31
-Navy might ship before but they need confirmation since this changed recently

Thanks  :thumb:

Also colors here except e-white and navy: https://imgur.com/a/lbcXV86

So in general, a recap:
  • Full-alu boards except e-white and Navy will be shipped before May 31 most likely
  • PC bottom will end production May 31 probably, so later there should be QC and packing.  No date predicted from Kbdfans but i believe that e-white/navy boards and pc bottom boards will ship togheter, they have to confirm a date, but it will be June for sure
  • Founder still in production https://imgur.com/a/KnmXx0i

« Last Edit: Mon, 17 May 2021, 08:54:02 by KaosJ »

Offline eaiCCZ

« Reply #83 on: Mon, 17 May 2021, 16:34:25 »
Ty dudewth and KaosJ for the updates.

Also colors here except e-white and navy: https://imgur.com/a/lbcXV86
It looks gorgy !

Offline youser11

« Reply #84 on: Fri, 28 May 2021, 00:37:48 »
Hiya, I was wondering if this board was going to have any extras on e-white after they ship? I'm relatively new to the hobby but absolutely love this board. Would love to pick up an extra in the future. Thanks!

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #85 on: Fri, 28 May 2021, 09:38:18 »
Hiya, I was wondering if this board was going to have any extras on e-white after they ship? I'm relatively new to the hobby but absolutely love this board. Would love to pick up an extra in the future. Thanks!

If someone cancel / cancelled the order, there might be extras, but don't expect a big amount, in fact i would expect few few units. I can ask kbdfans this once they start shipping. 

Offline KaosJ

Re: [GB] Melody65 - In production (NEW UPDATE: 31/05)
« Reply #86 on: Mon, 31 May 2021, 08:43:22 »
Update time

UPDATE 1:
Unfortunately there was a mistake on the daughterboard, the producer made the screw points different from melody65 because he mistakenly thought the daughterboard was the same of another keyboard from KBDFans (there is another keyboard with a daughterboard very similar to the melody65) so he made it with these specs. The fixed daughterboard pcb needs 10 days to be re-made.
Photo of the problem: https://i.imgur.com/Nni7nvP.png

UPDATE 2:
All Aluminium keyboards are ready, including brass weight, we are just missing the daughterboard at this point. Once the daughterboards arrives, they should be most likely ready to ship, so let's say that the keebs will start to ship in about 15 days more or less. Hopefully nothing else happens. The only color not ready is Blue (which was re-made), but i believe that once the daughterboard are ready, blue might be ready as well.

Full album of anodizations here: https://imgur.com/a/nobrjaI
(the thing on the bottom of the keyboard is just a film to protect brass, just saying this because on some photos on mobile you might thing that there are bubbles or stains)

UPDATE 3:
PC and Brass bottom -  We are discussing this thing with KBDFans, will get an update before Friday, hopefully in 48h from now. 
On brass this was the status 20-25 days ago, so i believe that on the next update we will see good news on founder bottom.
On PC, there is much going so please hold for the next update that will be this week. 

UPDATE 4:
Box: the box changed.  It was a magnetic thing before, but KBDFans said that is not appropiate for shipping such a heavy boards and parts cannot be separated in such a package. Nothing to do about costs or other, in this box the parts will arrive separated: keeb, pcb, plate, other... and the shipping will be safer. 
Album here: https://imgur.com/a/wjY3hAE

TL;DR Hopefully shipping starts in the next 2 weeks, sorry for the problem about daughterboards, will let you know when i have other news
« Last Edit: Mon, 31 May 2021, 08:49:07 by KaosJ »

Offline yukitoki

« Reply #87 on: Tue, 01 June 2021, 14:12:41 »
Great update! White looking pretty nioce

Offline mustardgreens

« Reply #88 on: Wed, 02 June 2021, 12:35:45 »
The appearance of it is exceeding my expectations for sure. The white coating is nice.

Will the boards be plastic wrapped before being inserted into the packaging? Will direct contact with the foam discolour the board?

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #89 on: Wed, 02 June 2021, 16:29:50 »
The appearance of it is exceeding my expectations for sure. The white coating is nice.

Will the boards be plastic wrapped before being inserted into the packaging? Will direct contact with the foam discolour the board?

it will be probably paper-plastic wrapped before inserted, depending on what it is, but i'll ask this.  :thumb:
If not wrapped it would move too much in that box   

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #90 on: Thu, 17 June 2021, 04:27:20 »
UPDATE:
Shipping started yesterday so many of you might have got a mail/message from Fedex or DHL

Apart full-alu boards that surely started, I'm not sure which keebs version started to ship, so please if you didn't got any delivery message, it means that your keyboard still didn't shipped or your version isn't ready yet, don't worry, the rest might ship soon.
More updates when i have more news.

Cheers

Offline KaosJ

Re: [GB] Melody65 - Shipping started for part of the batch
« Reply #91 on: Mon, 21 June 2021, 12:02:20 »
UPDATE VIA

If the keyboard is not recognized by VIA out of the box (i'm not sure, i don't have my production units yet) use KBD67v2 for solder, KBD67mkii for hotswap.

• Try to connect to VIA out of the box
  • If didn't worked, download these for VIA

• if you have solder use the KBD67v2 firmw
    • if you have hotswap use KBD67mkii firmw

EDIT:
Apparently out of the box is already usable with VIA, so you can stop at step 1 :) 

« Last Edit: Tue, 22 June 2021, 13:19:38 by KaosJ »

Offline scrps

« Reply #92 on: Tue, 22 June 2021, 06:21:24 »
Any updates on pc bottom? my alu e white and pc board still hasn't shipped so i'm a bit worried

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #93 on: Tue, 22 June 2021, 13:17:48 »
Any updates on pc bottom? my alu e white and pc board still hasn't shipped so i'm a bit worried
Nope. All the shipped units so far are Alu top+Alu bottom (any plate materials) so it's not abnormal that your keyboard didn't shipped yet.
Unfortunately i think PC/Founder are still in production or post-production because i don't have any update from KBDFans that changed that status so far, sorry for that. 

Hold and hopefully kbdfans will give me good news soon, I won't expect big waits from now, but i just don't have an estimation for you rn

Offline scrps

« Reply #94 on: Wed, 23 June 2021, 06:46:33 »
Nope. All the shipped units so far are Alu top+Alu bottom (any plate materials) so it's not abnormal that your keyboard didn't shipped yet.
Unfortunately i think PC/Founder are still in production or post-production because i don't have any update from KBDFans that changed that status so far, sorry for that. 

Hold and hopefully kbdfans will give me good news soon, I won't expect big waits from now, but i just don't have an estimation for you rn

alright thanks

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #95 on: Fri, 02 July 2021, 16:30:04 »
UPDATE from KBDFans:

- PC bottom has arrived, not sure if QC was already done or not, but expect packing to start soon
- Brass bottom still processing

Offline Leo66

« Reply #96 on: Sun, 04 July 2021, 01:44:54 »
love this cases~~~

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #97 on: Tue, 27 July 2021, 03:16:23 »
Progress Update:

About 4 days ago KBDFans said me that less than 85 on 550+ keyboards must ship. Now is probably less than this but i don't have the updated number.
Basically what didn’t shipped:

- FE keebs, but some people started to get shipping notification (today).
- Some keyboards with PC bottom OR/AND E-white top, because some of these parts still has to arrive to the warehouse (even if many people received PC bottom and/or e-white top already)

Offline Liub

« Reply #98 on: Tue, 27 July 2021, 05:09:50 »
MY PC bottom has a deep internal defect that look like stress fractures. I have contacted KBDf via Discord and they said they will ship out a replacement but will take time :(.
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 July 2021, 05:11:24 by Liub »

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #99 on: Tue, 27 July 2021, 11:13:07 »
MY PC bottom has a deep internal defect that look like stress fractures. I have contacted KBDf via Discord and they said they will ship out a replacement but will take time :(.

Damn that look bad, seems external from the photo or is it really inside the PC?
Anyway glad you sorted it out with KBDFans already, sorry that you might need to wait for replacement but we are still missing some PC bottom and E-white for GB user.