Author Topic: [GB] Noxary 280 & 220 (Wrapping Up)  (Read 468944 times)

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
Re: [GB] Noxary 280 & 220 (Batch 1 Shipping, Batch 2 Production)
« Reply #700 on: Fri, 13 December 2019, 19:00:26 »
Weekly update: Still in production. Nothing notable happening on that side.

I heard back from Rozakiin and will be ordering the new ones when possible.

Apologies for missing last week, was at the LA meet. Great meeting everyone :)

Offline o3okevin

« Reply #701 on: Fri, 13 December 2019, 20:27:24 »
Thanks for the update :)

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #702 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 23:47:47 »
So, 2 months now for 35 boards in batch 2 that are still "in production."  I'm still not a patient man.  I try, but it just doesn't work for me. :(

Well surely it'll be time to test out the blue gray soon.  right? 

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #703 on: Tue, 17 December 2019, 04:38:44 »
So, 2 months now for 35 boards in batch 2 that are still "in production."  I'm still not a patient man.  I try, but it just doesn't work for me. :(

Honestly, it's not about whether you're a "patient" man or not, anyone would be a bit upset over this. Was supposed to be a gb that gets fulfilled in a few months, going over a year now so...yeah, at least cross your fingers that you literally get a flawless final product else that insane wait was for pretty much nothing.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #704 on: Fri, 20 December 2019, 15:41:06 »
Weekly update: nothing new on the case side. Got PCB pricing so will be submitting the order asap.

Honestly, it's not about whether you're a "patient" man or not, anyone would be a bit upset over this. Was supposed to be a gb that gets fulfilled in a few months, going over a year now so...yeah, at least cross your fingers that you literally get a flawless final product else that insane wait was for pretty much nothing.

Sorry that things are taking so long. Based on Batch 1, I'm happy with the call to switch factories, as I've had minimal issues. The only issue is how far away we get from the original dates.

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #705 on: Fri, 20 December 2019, 17:10:59 »
Weekly update: nothing new on the case side. Got PCB pricing so will be submitting the order asap.

Sorry that things are taking so long. Based on Batch 1, I'm happy with the call to switch factories, as I've had minimal issues. The only issue is how far away we get from the original dates.

No worries, you're not radio silent which is the only thing that makes this bearable. Well, that and the anticipation of receiving these boards. Glad to hear everything is working well at the new factory.

Offline alkaiser

• hello.
« Reply #706 on: Fri, 20 December 2019, 17:22:37 »
yup, i appreciate the communication even with no updates. thanks man

Offline CypherPls

« Reply #707 on: Fri, 20 December 2019, 20:01:40 »
If anyone is interested in a spot: 280 Blue Grey w/ 5mm Brass Plate, PCB

Feel free to message me for more info. Discord: Cypher#8414

Offline olivia

« Reply #708 on: Thu, 02 January 2020, 16:45:46 »
Hi friends, for any owners that have received their 280, I've updated VIA to support it! The links for the newest version and the firmware you need to flash are below.

https://caniusevia.com/

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/the-via/firmware/master/noxary_280_via.hex

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #709 on: Sat, 04 January 2020, 21:07:34 »
Hey all, just wanted to check in. Apologies for missing last weeks post.

I'll be moving to bi-weekly updates when nothing new has happened, and obviously post "off schedule" when something does happen.

The remaining PCBs are paid for, so now it's truly just the waiting game.

For people that already have their board, as Olivia mentioned, 280 is now on VIA! See the links above to get it working.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
Re: [GB] Noxary 280 & 220 (Batch 2 Production)
« Reply #710 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 23:53:07 »
Nothing new.

It's Chinese New Year right now, so there won't be anything new for the next 2-3 weeks. Hopefully something will ship to me by the end of February :)

Offline bciamny

« Reply #711 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 00:56:50 »
Nothing new.

It's Chinese New Year right now, so there won't be anything new for the next 2-3 weeks. Hopefully something will ship to me by the end of February :)

using the post in october as a guideline, it seems that we are at then, at least, two months behind in getting batch 2 to its buyers. batch 2 has been in production for 4 months, projected to be a minimum of 5. obviously a lot more than the 6 to 8 weeks suggested before.

i think we need a new, realistic timeline for the project. honestly, it might just make sense to get opt outs for this because having to wait until 2021 for this keyboard just seems unreasonable for me, as a batch 4 participant.

Offline roguesystem087

« Reply #712 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 15:05:10 »
oh dear :( well... maybe see after CNY first?
getting batch two made in feb march is still not bad, least everything is moving forward

thx for the updates! we know ur trying!

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #713 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 22:06:53 »
Nothing new.

using the post in october as a guideline, it seems that we are at then, at least, two months behind in getting batch 2 to its buyers. batch 2 has been in production for 4 months, projected to be a minimum of 5. obviously a lot more than the 6 to 8 weeks suggested before.

i think we need a new, realistic timeline for the project. honestly, it might just make sense to get opt outs for this because having to wait until 2021 for this keyboard just seems unreasonable for me, as a batch 4 participant.

I reluctantly have to agree with this. As much as I want to wait, it's really hard not to get frustrated or disheartened by the fact that by our current trajectory, we have to wait two years for these boards. Also, out of curiosity, is this officially the longest gb for a kb yet?

Offline havocrequiem

Re: [GB] Noxary 280 & 220 (Production)
« Reply #714 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 00:07:44 »
Where are we on this in terms of production?

I think the brass parts will finish first, followed by the polycarbonate parts, followed by the aluminum cases. Anodized parts last as it's the most important, they will be like this quality/finish wise:

Show Image

Show Image

Also the wrist rests arrived, so I will be sending them out shortly once I send shipping invoices and those are paid.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Sorry the pictures are rotated. Also the 280 pictured there isn't assembled, and is a very old prototype.

I think I have a couple left over but will sell them after.

Been meaning to update on the wrist rest situation for a while, those that have PMd know, but needed to post openly.

I QCd them a while back and out of the 40, I think maybe 10 were good, and the rest were meh to pretty bad. So I've been thinking about redoing them.

I think I'm going to send the good ones to people that have a Black/Silver/Crimson Red board from the first batch, and then redo the others.

Quite honestly this is getting a little out of hand and ridiculous. I think the majority of us have been patient and understanding but without anyone really speaking up, it's like a free pass to delay and start up other projects (XRF? Evija?) I understand manufacturers have queues and colors require testing/QC but this is a bit much. So i'm totally on board for the idea of opt outs as well.

Also just to point out - Polycarbonate wrist rests were delivered to you in December of 2018. It wasn't until 8 months later in August 2019 that you decide to let us know that only 10 out of 40 were good? 8 months for that? Really? I think that speaks for itself...

Caveat emptor tho right?
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 January 2020, 00:12:19 by havocrequiem »

Offline dwarflemur

« Reply #715 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 12:17:12 »
is this officially the longest gb for a kb yet?

Nah MX:SS started the month before lol. There are probably other ones that have dragged out longer too
Camp C225 | Norbatouch | ALF X2 + X3 | Orange TKL | CA66 | Leaf 60 | a bunch of others

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #716 on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 15:52:29 »

I'll make a new realistic timeline when I receive batch 2. Definitely no where near 2021. I cannot afford opt outs, sorry.

Quite honestly this is getting a little out of hand and ridiculous. I think the majority of us have been patient and understanding but without anyone really speaking up, it's like a free pass to delay and start up other projects (XRF? Evija?) I understand manufacturers have queues and colors require testing/QC but this is a bit much. So i'm totally on board for the idea of opt outs as well.

Also just to point out - Polycarbonate wrist rests were delivered to you in December of 2018. It wasn't until 8 months later in August 2019 that you decide to let us know that only 10 out of 40 were good? 8 months for that? Really? I think that speaks for itself...

Caveat emptor tho right?

Yes I do choose to do other projects, simply because they do not delay this. It's clear you follow what I do, so it'd be ignorant to ignore those projects I've started and finished (maybe not completely follow as I haven't started Evija). It's a massive mental burden to have this, there is no free pass at all. I'm dedicated to finishing this despite the time & cost. If that isn't clear now then I'm not sure what else I can do immediately.

I've made a lot of mistakes sadly, but I can learn from them and my goal right now is to deliver flawless keyboard kits. I'd say I'm finally on track quality wise. And aside from this, I'd say timeframe has improved a lot. Still plenty of room for growth though.

P.S. It'd be nice if you used your main. You're talking facts (ignoring Evija), so I'm not sure what you have to lose.

I reluctantly have to agree with this. As much as I want to wait, it's really hard not to get frustrated or disheartened by the fact that by our current trajectory, we have to wait two years for these boards. Also, out of curiosity, is this officially the longest gb for a kb yet?

Please see my comments. I know it's disappointing but yeah.. not much else to say really.

Not the longest, although I do wish those with longer the best in getting it sorted. When stuff goes wrong, GB runners get a lot of **** (which is fine considering we take peoples money), but unfortunately there isn't really a separation of those trying and those not.
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 January 2020, 15:57:06 by xondat »

Offline Nigolski

« Reply #717 on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 18:39:25 »

Nah MX:SS started the month before lol. There are probably other ones that have dragged out longer too

southpaw 65+ is still running lmao

Offline Obe

« Reply #718 on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 22:52:27 »
Hey all,
If anyone is interested, I'm selling a Blue Gray WKL spot with 2x PCB, 1x Polycarbonate Half plate, 1x Red Aluminum full plate at cost. PM For more info!

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #719 on: Fri, 24 January 2020, 01:27:59 »

I remember our 7bit's SA round 5/6 GB - it was also very long. But it was worth it, beautiful caps came in and all were happy.
Something you have to wait for really nice things:)

I'm sure xondat is doing all he can to deliver, we just need to be patient :thumb:
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Captainbuttmonkey

« Reply #720 on: Wed, 29 January 2020, 12:22:40 »

Nothing new.

Lmao not even remotely near, I'm still waiting for an Exent from Jan 2017. Apparently Yuktsi posted it 7th Nov 2019 but the tracking number has never worked...

Offline bciamny

« Reply #721 on: Thu, 30 January 2020, 16:03:12 »

I'll make a new realistic timeline when I receive batch 2. Definitely no where near 2021. I cannot afford opt outs, sorry.

quite frankly that's an unreasonable position, especially because i have no faith that we aren't going to be in 2021 when batch 4 gets shipped. the blue gray still isn't production ready, let alone the two colors in batch 4. batch 3 alone is the size of batches 1 and 2. and there hasn't been any indication for why the timeline posited in october hasn't been followed.

it shouldn't be the onus of the participant to try to find another buyer to take their spot in this considering the myriad failures in following a timely production schedule.

Offline dwarflemur

« Reply #722 on: Thu, 30 January 2020, 20:19:28 »
At this point whatever schedule there was is probably thrown out the window due to China. It seems like this is a "the board will come when it comes" GB; I'm not too worried I'll get it in the end, and it doesn't seem like there's that much more we can ask for at this point.
Camp C225 | Norbatouch | ALF X2 + X3 | Orange TKL | CA66 | Leaf 60 | a bunch of others

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #723 on: Mon, 03 February 2020, 17:22:21 »
Sorry guys, I've got the thread set to watch so I get emails but I no longer receive them. No idea why.

Right now the factory would be open, but the Coronavirus is keeping them shut for another week...

quite frankly that's an unreasonable position, especially because i have no faith that we aren't going to be in 2021 when batch 4 gets shipped. the blue gray still isn't production ready, let alone the two colors in batch 4. batch 3 alone is the size of batches 1 and 2. and there hasn't been any indication for why the timeline posited in october hasn't been followed.

it shouldn't be the onus of the participant to try to find another buyer to take their spot in this considering the myriad failures in following a timely production schedule.

Batch 2 didn't get started quick enough in short. Not sure what else I can do regarding faith. I've committed all the money towards everything. It's frustrating for me too but beyond just being frustrated, really not sure what else to do in the meantime.

I can make a form for people interested in buying if you'd like? Although it'll just add an extra step which seems fairly unnecessary.

Offline kevinzavier

« Reply #724 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 22:54:16 »
WTS viper gray 280 s spot for $600

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #725 on: Sun, 16 February 2020, 00:49:53 »
Update:

280/220 Batch 2 are my main priority, and will be the next thing to leave the factory. However due to the COVID-19 outbreak in China, it's currently impossible to place a completion date on pre-existing projects.

Please read that blog for more information - https://noxary.co/covid-19

Offline harryvanilla

« Reply #726 on: Wed, 19 February 2020, 09:39:18 »
If anyone is interested in selling a blue-gray spot, please PM me here or on Discord under the same username. Thanks!! Am willing to negotiate!!

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #727 on: Wed, 19 February 2020, 10:03:25 »
If anyone is interested in selling a blue-gray spot, please PM me here or on Discord under the same username. Thanks!! Am willing to negotiate!!

There's no need to negotiate. People buy the spot for the same price that you paid.
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline avtar

« Reply #728 on: Sat, 29 February 2020, 15:14:50 »
If anyone's down for selling their ultra violent kb and numpad spot please dm me

Looking for an ultra violet numpad spot
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 March 2020, 01:20:29 by avtar »

Offline s3vv4

« Reply #729 on: Mon, 02 March 2020, 14:54:37 »
If anybody wants to grab my spot (gray 280 & 220), please message me.

Offline pandemic123

« Reply #730 on: Wed, 04 March 2020, 17:39:47 »
avtar PM'd you

Offline trikoi00

• GMK bias
« Reply #731 on: Wed, 11 March 2020, 00:30:57 »
Have a spot of Blue Grey WKL with 5mm Brass plate and 5mm PC plate, extra PCB. Please PM me if interested.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Offline roguesystem087

« Reply #732 on: Thu, 12 March 2020, 18:32:26 »
Update:

280/220 Batch 2 are my main priority, and will be the next thing to leave the factory. However due to the COVID-19 outbreak in China, it's currently impossible to place a completion date on pre-existing projects.

Did something happen to the website? no updates?

Offline Gamecat

« Reply #733 on: Sun, 22 March 2020, 20:06:43 »
Update:

Any updates on batch 3/4 timelines?  Honest question: I see multiple other projects getting started on your website with 280 about to hit 2 years (in 2 months) with many colors still not even ordered/verified based on last updates, what is the priority to get 280 done vs these other projects (Evija GB states it is starting in March ending in May, why can we not get similar timelines on 280, is it not the priority to finish this GB)?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #734 on: Sun, 22 March 2020, 20:13:45 »
Been updating on my site so posting here:

280 / 220
- Batch 2 is still the next thing to leave the factory, however they are still not at full capacity, so timelines are up in the air right now. I hope to see these in May.

Did something happen to the website? no updates?

Sorry - been in the middle of updating it etc.

Any updates on batch 3/4 timelines?  Honest question: I see multiple other projects getting started on your website with 280 about to hit 2 years (in 2 months) with many colors still not even ordered/verified based on last updates, what is the priority to get 280 done vs these other projects (Evija GB states it is starting in March ending in May, why can we not get similar timelines on 280, is it not the priority to finish this GB)?

Priority is still with 280, but as discussed previously, I'm limited per batch with the colors. I can run the Evija HG alongside because it's only being anodized clear (aka silver), which is always available. Custom colors like batch 3/4 require custom baths, and there's a max at one time (3). So once batch 2 is finished, batch 3 colors can be made etc. :)

It's possible to run things concurrently, I'm not the only one to do it. I'd 100% stop all my more current projects if it meant 280 would finish quicker, but sadly it wouldn't have any effect.

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #735 on: Tue, 07 April 2020, 00:28:10 »
Due to some unforeseen circumstances, I need to sell my spot in this gb. If there's anyone interested in a blue grey 280 wkl, with 5mm brass and 5mm poly, please pm me.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
Re: [GB] Noxary 280 & 220
« Reply #736 on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 17:30:03 »
Just updated the public order sheet as I haven't done so in a while and quite a few orders have changed hands.

Check your order here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YeE0PR6guUENnfKNpvdkMtEStkmvB_VsFgqlJjzL950/edit?usp=sharing

Offline s3vv4

« Reply #737 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 09:23:14 »
I want to let go of my spots: WKL 280 & 220, both in meteorite grey with 5mm brass, 1 PCB each + 7u stabs

Offline smoian

« Reply #738 on: Tue, 14 April 2020, 18:41:26 »
Just updated the public order sheet as I haven't done so in a while and quite a few orders have changed hands.

Check your order here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YeE0PR6guUENnfKNpvdkMtEStkmvB_VsFgqlJjzL950/edit?usp=sharing

Does the public order sheet consider the order in which each board will be produced? Or is it more of a tool to check which items we've ordered?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #739 on: Wed, 15 April 2020, 09:41:18 »

Check your order here:

Does the public order sheet consider the order in which each board will be produced? Or is it more of a tool to check which items we've ordered?

Latter, however it's a decent idea so will update it.

Offline kolashnikov

« Reply #740 on: Wed, 15 April 2020, 11:03:10 »
Is there a plan to cancel/reinvoice until delivery? Looks like the paypal 180 days window ends next week for those of us who were re-invoiced last time.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #741 on: Wed, 15 April 2020, 11:10:59 »
Is there a plan to cancel/reinvoice until delivery? Looks like the paypal 180 days window ends next week for those of us who were re-invoiced last time.

I've had a couple requests so will work on it tonight and DM those eligible :thumb:

Offline StrangPrisoner

« Reply #742 on: Wed, 15 April 2020, 11:31:47 »
Looking at the public spreadsheet I don't see anything about 220s. If they are on there I don't see mine let alone any of the same color that I ordered. I already received my 280 just waiting on the 220. Is there another sheet I should be looking at?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #743 on: Wed, 15 April 2020, 11:38:46 »
Looking at the public spreadsheet I don't see anything about 220s. If they are on there I don't see mine let alone any of the same color that I ordered. I already received my 280 just waiting on the 220. Is there another sheet I should be looking at?

Offline StrangPrisoner

« Reply #744 on: Wed, 15 April 2020, 16:19:09 »
Well I'm ashamed :-[

Offline Gamecat

« Reply #745 on: Sun, 19 April 2020, 13:11:31 »

I've had a couple requests so will work on it tonight and DM those eligible :thumb:

Any updates?  I didn't see any DM's and have pinged a few times over past few days through DM/discord but no responses.
*thanks, taken care of :) *
« Last Edit: Sun, 19 April 2020, 13:59:53 by Gamecat »

Offline avtar

« Reply #746 on: Sun, 19 April 2020, 14:59:47 »
Selling 280 ultra violet spot

Offline roguesystem087

« Reply #747 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 03:04:59 »
Selling WKL GREY 280 and 220 Spot, Both with...
- 5mm brass plates
- one PCB each (for the 280 and 220)

edit : pm me or feel free to add me on discord RogueSystem087#0370
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 May 2020, 01:34:12 by roguesystem087 »

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #748 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 18:23:02 »
280 / 220 Update -

Batch 2 has now entered anodizing. Hoping to see these in May, however it's still difficult to say. The second and final batch of PCBs (275 total) have arrived with Rozakiin, and are now going through programming & testing.

Offline itskuroi

« Reply #749 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 19:21:09 »
280 / 220 Update -

Batch 2 has now entered anodizing. Hoping to see these in May, however it's still difficult to say. The second and final batch of PCBs (275 total) have arrived with Rozakiin, and are now going through programming & testing.

sure bud, get our hopes up  :-[