Author Topic: JTK Sophomore GB - 100% shipped - Form in OP for any missing or damaged keys  (Read 1359133 times)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
Re: JTK Sophomore GB - 100% shipped
« Reply #2300 on: Sat, 11 March 2017, 14:04:09 »
originative shipped the missing orders i forwarded them to complete and have sent me tracking, i will update and close the relevant support tickets in about an hour
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Tsuruya

« Reply #2301 on: Sat, 11 March 2017, 15:38:01 »
Hey Bunny are there costar inserts left? I'm moving my set from a cherry stab board to a costar style one and realized the default white inserts will pose a problem with staying in there.

yeah i got tons sir

Thanks for the reply! PM sent.

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #2302 on: Sat, 11 March 2017, 18:21:56 »
Bunny,

Received my missing set from Originative but unfortunately the set came with a few defects. I created a new support ticket on CtrlAlt and included an imgur album link, reference #F2621134.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2303 on: Sun, 12 March 2017, 01:31:10 »
Bunny,

Received my missing set from Originative but unfortunately the set came with a few defects. I created a new support ticket on CtrlAlt and included an imgur album link, reference #F2621134.

jsut chekced the support ticket, i dont have any more of those 2 keys on hand so ill have to get them ordered from jtk for you

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2304 on: Sun, 12 March 2017, 04:03:51 »

The last of the replacements are now packed and being dropped off tomorrow

The only things outstanding to ship are a few keys I need to have jtk send me I didn't have any more extras of and replacements that include the black on orange mods, these are all shipping to me with the sliders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2305 on: Sun, 12 March 2017, 07:21:24 »
For anyone who needs to either confirm they have filled out the form or needs to confirm what options they picked please contact user tym here on gh and he will take care of that for you

A quick note of clarification on that, the colours you select are your preference but it doesn't guarantee that is the colour you will receive, right now I think it'll be fine for everyone to get what you want but there are an even amount of each colour so if the options people picked are disproportionate to one colour then we won't be able to accommodate everybody's preference

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2306 on: Sun, 12 March 2017, 07:40:36 »
For anyone who needs to either confirm they have filled out the form or needs to confirm what options they picked please contact user tym here on gh and he will take care of that for you

A quick note of clarification on that, the colours you select are your preference but it doesn't guarantee that is the colour you will receive, right now I think it'll be fine for everyone to get what you want but there are an even amount of each colour so if the options people picked are disproportionate to one colour then we won't be able to accommodate everybody's preference

Is this for topre sliders as well as the topre spacebars?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2307 on: Sun, 12 March 2017, 07:42:44 »

Is this for topre sliders as well as the topre spacebars?

Yeah the form gives you options to select for both, if you need to check your choices shoot tym a pm

Offline nsmechkb

« Reply #2308 on: Sun, 12 March 2017, 09:12:09 »
(Please disregard.  Oops!)

Offline ankushg

« Reply #2309 on: Sun, 12 March 2017, 17:49:22 »
If we want the slanted sliders along with the regular sliders, is there anything special we need to do besides fill out the form?

Offline potatobot

• Her Endgame
  • GMK BLACK LOTUS
« Reply #2310 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 05:54:26 »
Have the replacements been sent out yet?

Offline fanman888

« Reply #2311 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 09:49:43 »
Show Image

The only things outstanding to ship are a few keys I need to have jtk send me I didn't have any more extras of and replacements that include the black on orange mods, these are all shipping to me with the sliders

Does this include the ~4 sets of black on orange mods (that were never shipped out due to manufacturing errors)? I've sent a ticket asking about the status about the mods since it was said earlier in the thread that the replacement mods were going to be sent with the sliders from JTK to you.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2312 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 10:06:52 »
Show Image

Does this include the ~4 sets of black on orange mods (that were never shipped out due to manufacturing errors)? I've sent a ticket asking about the status about the mods since it was said earlier in the thread that the replacement mods were going to be sent with the sliders from JTK to you.

Unless I'm misreading your question the answer is in the post you quoted

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2313 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 10:07:17 »

Yes with the exceptions mentioned in the post a couple above yours

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2314 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 10:07:39 »
If we want the slanted sliders along with the regular sliders, is there anything special we need to do besides fill out the form?

Nope all good sir

Offline fanman888

« Reply #2315 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 10:09:00 »
Show Image

Unless I'm misreading your question the answer is in the post you quoted

Ah my bad, skimmed that last part!

Offline potatobot

• Her Endgame
  • GMK BLACK LOTUS
« Reply #2316 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 19:37:50 »

I didn't get tracking info for my replacement yet. Could you pm me the details or just reply to my support ticket?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2317 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 01:51:18 »

I didn't get tracking info for my replacement yet. Could you pm me the details or just reply to my support ticket?

That info will be added to your support ticket and any updates on your replacements will be posted there

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #2318 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 05:21:00 »

PM'd you and bumped ticket #A6D508A4 :) Should I PM tym?
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2319 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 05:22:37 »

PM'd you and bumped ticket #A6D508A4 :) Should I PM tym?

It's cool I replied

Offline nsmechkb

« Reply #2320 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 07:30:55 »
Just saying: BunnyLake's the best.  Thanks for how you've handled the whole italicized sliders situation.  Super excited for the corrected ones!

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #2321 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 10:54:43 »
Im confused...
I didn't get a shipping confirmation or tracking on my support ticket, should I be worried?

Guessing it's all fine, just wanted to check =)

Offline potatobot

• Her Endgame
  • GMK BLACK LOTUS
« Reply #2322 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 11:24:44 »
Im confused...
I didn't get a shipping confirmation or tracking on my support ticket, should I be worried?

Was gonna post the same thing. but i can wait.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2323 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 11:35:49 »
Im confused...

I haven't updated the support tickets yet

I'm juggling a bunch of projects right now and when it comes to pms and support tickets if I did it every night I wouldn't get anything else done, so I tend to pick one night a week right now and tackle as much as I can all at once in favour of getting more practical things done like packing and shipping for people on the other nights

About 18 months or so ago I took on the gh60 buy, which I at the time had plenty of time to do but I finally got all the parts for it right as I was shipping this buy, so in tandem with this I've also been shipping a huge percentage of that buy, including taking over the assembly duties, so I've been shipping about 300 boards total for that buy and I'm finally wrapping that up which will free up a good amount of my evenings per week

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #2324 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 12:43:54 »
I understand and am thankful for all the hard work you put into this good sir! =)

Didn't mean to offend in anyway
and was expecting all to be fine to begin with since I know and trust your work a lot. <3<3

Offline codedisorg

« Reply #2325 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 16:55:03 »
Just saw https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/JTK-Topre-to-MX-adapter-Topre-change-into-MX-switch/2230037_32799120843.html

Anyone know if these are from the GB and if they're corrected or not?

Offline nsmechkb

« Reply #2326 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 18:03:33 »
Just saw https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/JTK-Topre-to-MX-adapter-Topre-change-into-MX-switch/2230037_32799120843.html

I can't imagine these are the italicized ones.  But I really don't know.  Just want to say thanks for the link.  Nice to see more pictures of the sliders!

Offline schoolbus

« Reply #2327 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 20:36:41 »

I'd say based on the timing in terms of when they showed up on Aliexpress as well as KBDfans being generally a respectable vendor that my assumption is they're from this GB and they're the corrected version, but I can't guarantee.
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline TheBestUkester

« Reply #2328 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 21:12:07 »
Hey Bunny,

If those ali sliders are the real deal, could we change our color choice? The pink isn't as... Pink, as I had thought. I can submit a form or whatever.

If not, no worries.

Thanks!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2329 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 02:25:57 »
As far as I can tell they are legit but I have no knowledge of them etc, I'd assume jtk passed on some overrun to them but I can ask him and find out the score and report back here

Price seems insanely high

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2330 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 02:29:04 »
Ok just spoke to jtk, those are legit sets, that's someone who joined the small gb he did in China and they got 50 sets

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2331 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 02:32:40 »

Also full orange and white sets are ready, I'm not gonna run a gb or anything for them, but they are on hand with jtk and ready and sorted, so I might put up a form tonight for 24 hours so if anyone wants a set I can get it sent over to me this weekend

Offline Tally810

« Reply #2332 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 03:30:42 »
Show Image

Show Image

Also full orange and white sets are ready, I'm not gonna run a gb or anything for them, but they are on hand with jtk and ready and sorted, so I might put up a form tonight for 24 hours so if anyone wants a set I can get it sent over to me this weekend

Oh man are there pics of the whole set?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Offline maximm

« Reply #2333 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 03:49:27 »
Looks like GMK Monkey!

Offline testplsignore

• I am one with the Cup Rubber...
« Reply #2334 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 07:52:28 »
Will we need to modify our stabilized keys for them to work?

I think someone said earlier that drilling isn't required, but then how do the stems not hit the housings?

Realforce 10AE 45g Type-S & 55g    HHKB BT & Type-S    Realforce RGB Hype-S    FC980C    FC660C    Filco BT TKL

Offline xosk

« Reply #2335 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 13:41:54 »
Also, someone on r/MK said this:

ATTENTION:
I talked with the maker before, the switch of shift and enter keys are not the same as the one in Novatouch.
For this one, there is no stabilizer, but only a MX port.
For Novatouch, there is a stabilizer, you can drill a hole on your HHKB/Realforce to support the shift/enter key.
Therefore, if you use this one to replace your shift/enter key, the keycap will be stuck after you press it down, because of no stabilizer.

Would this be something we would have to think about, even if we did modify the stems on our stabilized keys?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2336 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 15:44:29 »

ATTENTION:
I talked with the maker before, the switch of shift and enter keys are not the same as the one in Novatouch.
For Novatouch, there is a stabilizer, you can drill a hole on your HHKB/Realforce to support the shift/enter key.
Therefore, if you use this one to replace your shift/enter key, the keycap will be stuck after you press it down, because of no stabilizer.

Would this be something we would have to think about, even if we did modify the stems on our stabilized keys?

i have no idea what they are talking about or referring to

i have extensively tested the sliders and they do indeed come with stabilsed sliders and worked perfectly for me

edit - the only issue at all i found with the stabilsers is some keys had a very slight clearance issue, they would function perfectly, so no sticking whatsoever, but were maybe a mm higher than the other keys of that row

for keys i had that issue with, i didnt drill my case at all, but i removed a very small amount of material from the 2 stabilised sections of the caps, its very minimal and if anyone is interesting ill document me doing it when the new sets arrive, this wasnt an issue in all sets i tried, but the ones that did present a slight clearance issue, it was very easily resolved and the amount of material i needed to remove was so small the caps still functioned perfectly again on mx stabs

but i have tried SA, oem, dcs, gmk, dsa, jtk on these sliders, and havent had a need to drill my case in anyway whatsoever and have full functionality of those keys and all profiles at the appropriate height (with in some limited occasions about 30 seconds of work on the bottom of the caps)
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 March 2017, 15:53:52 by BunnyLake »

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2337 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 15:46:30 »
quick update guys,

sliders have now shipped to me, well, technically they are shipping to me today china time but tomorrow my time or something like that

essentially ill have tracking tomorrow but was told this morning they were shipping to me tomorrow morning china time and its now evening my time and almost morning time there

anyway enough confusion

they are on the way

also ive just been through and updated a bunch of support tickets, and will try and get some more done later tonight

thanks for everyones patience in replies , im getting there

Offline kiwi99

• that's a gnarly dookie
  • authentic church of halverson member
« Reply #2338 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 16:08:18 »
quick update guys,

sliders have now shipped to me, well, technically they are shipping to me today china time but tomorrow my time or something like that

essentially ill have tracking tomorrow but was told this morning they were shipping to me tomorrow morning china time and its now evening my time and almost morning time there

anyway enough confusion

they are on the way

also ive just been through and updated a bunch of support tickets, and will try and get some more done later tonight

Thanks for the updates, cant wait to have my mods and sliders in hand ! Keep up the great work bunny!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2339 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 16:20:33 »
quick update guys,

anyway enough confusion

they are on the way

Thanks for the updates, cant wait to have my mods and sliders in hand ! Keep up the great work bunny!

no problem good sir

id estimate they will arrive late next week, if not very early the following week depending on how customs etc treats me but ill be sure to keep everyone informed of the package progress here

once they arrive i have 6-8 support requests to fullfill of missing stuff i needed jtk to replace so that will be done immediately

then ill set about packing up all the sliders

im fairly confident i can have all slider orders complete within a week of them arriving but i will say within 2 weeks just so i dont end up disappointing people with timelines as there are a ton of them

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #2340 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 16:51:08 »
Good news, thanks Bunny.

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #2341 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 05:08:48 »
very excited to get the sliders, thanks for the hard work bunny.

Is there any chance of sliders being offered in the next keycap group buy when the time comes?

Offline suparnemo

« Reply #2342 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 09:29:36 »

Is there any chance of sliders being offered in the next keycap group buy when the time comes?

I think he has extras still possibly.

Offline clickstops

« Reply #2343 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 11:21:03 »
Thanks for the updates. Now to figure out which keyset for HHKB!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2344 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 11:42:32 »

I have some extras and originative will have them for sale seperately through their webstore shortly

Offline xosk

« Reply #2345 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 12:48:53 »

ATTENTION:

i have extensively tested the sliders and they do indeed come with stabilsed sliders and worked perfectly for me

edit - the only issue at all i found with the stabilsers is some keys had a very slight clearance issue, they would function perfectly, so no sticking whatsoever, but were maybe a mm higher than the other keys of that row

for keys i had that issue with, i didnt drill my case at all, but i removed a very small amount of material from the 2 stabilised sections of the caps, its very minimal and if anyone is interesting ill document me doing it when the new sets arrive, this wasnt an issue in all sets i tried, but the ones that did present a slight clearance issue, it was very easily resolved and the amount of material i needed to remove was so small the caps still functioned perfectly again on mx stabs

but i have tried SA, oem, dcs, gmk, dsa, jtk on these sliders, and havent had a need to drill my case in anyway whatsoever and have full functionality of those keys and all profiles at the appropriate height (with in some limited occasions about 30 seconds of work on the bottom of the caps)

Ah, great, thanks for the updates! That is good to hear! Very excited about the sliders

But yes, can you document how you do that? I'd want to be as safe as possible and would like to follow the instructions of someone much more experienced than me 🙂

Offline Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.
« Reply #2346 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 13:44:11 »

ATTENTION:

I'd be interested in seeing/hearing more about the work on the bottom of the caps for the stabilized caps.

Curious to see if those caps will still work on MX stabs if you were to ever swap the keyset back onto an MX board.

Offline Captainbuttmonkey

« Reply #2347 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 16:47:38 »
I assume I'm too late for the orange/white set? No worries if so

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2348 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 16:51:42 »
I assume I'm too late for the orange/white set? No worries if so

not at all

im actually gonna post the form and all the info in about 3 mins

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2349 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 16:57:20 »
ok folks

so jtk did a small run of sets and mod extensions in orange and white

the kits follow the pattern and keys of the orange and black sets

you can find mockups of those on the first page of this thread or here:

https://ctrlalt.io/buys/jtk-sophomore

these sets have finished production, are sorted and ready to be shipped to me

i dont wanna run some huge buy or get stuck in some huge shipping cycle again, but i did wanna give people the option to get the set if they wanted it

im not expecting there to be huge numbers on this but if i start to get more orders than i think i could pack and ship in a day ill give 2 hours notice and close the form early

so what im going to do is post a form for poeple to fill out, i will leave it open until lunchtime on sunday, sunday evening i will invoice, and give people 48 hours to pay, on tuesday night ill cancel any unpaid invoices and on wednesday i will send the numbers to jtk and he will ship the sets to me right away

the base set will be $65
the mod set will be $35

shipping to the uk will be $5
shipping to row will be $16

all orders will be tracked and once i have shipped the orders i will post a public spreadsheet showing only user names and no other personal details, and your tracking info next to it

i will make a section in the OP of this thread to post any status updates

here is the order form

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfjREPZWD94gbBBjWW3BlTgYxz0RIwJuCLVq-Zw5exG2GrOng/viewform?c=0&w=1
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 March 2017, 16:59:52 by BunnyLake »