Author Topic: JTK Sophomore GB - 100% shipped - Form in OP for any missing or damaged keys  (Read 1359140 times)

Offline Captainbuttmonkey

Re: JTK Sophomore GB - 100% shipped
« Reply #2350 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 17:02:18 »
I assume I'm too late for the orange/white set? No worries if so

not at all

im actually gonna post the form and all the info in about 3 mins

Wow, that's probably the best timing I have ever had for anything haha. Also I'm so glad you moved to the UK, nice to have cheap shipping and to not have to worry about customs =].

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2351 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 17:05:16 »

not at all

Wow, that's probably the best timing I have ever had for anything haha. Also I'm so glad you moved to the UK, nice to have cheap shipping and to not have to worry about customs =].

this is where im from good sir

I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

« Reply #2352 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 17:09:10 »

not at all

Oh my mistake, I thought you were Canadian for some reason =S whoops haha. Must be the politeness, easy to get the two confused  :p.

I've submitted my order, many thanks for running such a great service

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2353 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 17:09:51 »

not at all

Oh my mistake, I thought you were Canadian for some reason =S whoops haha. Must be the politeness, easy to get the two confused  :p.

I've submitted my order, many thanks for running such a great service

im a big fan of Canadians

byker is one of the nicest dudes i know 

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2354 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 17:18:33 »

Done another full sweep on support, these are the last 8 packages of faulty or missing keys that need to go out and are being dropped off tomorrow, after this all that is left by way of replacements are the few keys I needed to request from jtk and the handful of replacements that need keys from the orange mod set

These shipped to me yesterday with the sliders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #2355 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 17:27:44 »
Quick question, when you mentioned the prices of the base set and mods for the white/orange set last page, is the $65 price for the entirety of the base sets (including orange on white mods) and then the mods you mentioned for $35 are the white on orange "accents", correct? Sorry if this is obvious.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2356 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 17:31:48 »
Quick question, when you mentioned the prices of the base set and mods for the white/orange set last page, is the $65 price for the entirety of the base sets (including orange on white mods) and then the mods you mentioned for $35 are the white on orange "accents", correct? Sorry if this is obvious.

so for 65 you get an entire base set, that is a full set of orange on white keys, then there is an option for the additional mods with white on orange,

if you check the black and orange set and add on here

https://ctrlalt.io/buys/jtk-sophomore

its exactly the same but replace the black with white

there are also a few additional keys not shown in that mockup

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #2357 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 17:35:33 »
so for 65 you get an entire base set, that is a full set of orange on white keys, then there is an option for the additional mods with white on orange,

I figured that was the case, I ordered the pink/black which has no extra mods hence I was asking for clarification. Thanks! Probably order one tomorrow, the white on orange mods look really cool from that picture you showed prev page.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2358 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 17:46:50 »

I figured that was the case, I ordered the pink/black which has no extra mods hence I was asking for clarification. Thanks! Probably order one tomorrow, the white on orange mods look really cool from that picture you showed prev page.

yeah the contrast is better than i expected when jtk told me he had made them, i think they came out really nice

he had some excess material left of the 2 colours so did the sets whilst he was making some additionals of the last colours recently

Offline schoolbus

« Reply #2359 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 20:54:00 »
Show Image

Done another full sweep on support, these are the last 8 packages of faulty or missing keys that need to go out and are being dropped off tomorrow, after this all that is left by way of replacements are the few keys I needed to request from jtk and the handful of replacements that need keys from the orange mod set

j/w am I a part of this?:)
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline Theachromatic

• HHKB
« Reply #2360 on: Fri, 17 March 2017, 16:23:58 »
Bunny, are you going to give us tracking for the JTK sliders individually or in a spreadsheet?

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2361 on: Fri, 17 March 2017, 16:43:35 »

yeah the contrast is better than i expected when jtk told me he had made them, i think they came out really nice

he had some excess material left of the 2 colours so did the sets whilst he was making some additionals of the last colours recently

Are these in stock now?  Or being shipped?  Just wondering since I was waiting on the Black on Orange Mods, if they'd be in the same order if I placed one today.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2362 on: Fri, 17 March 2017, 16:45:45 »

Are these in stock now?  Or being shipped?  Just wondering since I was waiting on the Black on Orange Mods, if they'd be in the same order if I placed one today.

They are ready and on hand with jtk, I'll be ordering with him Wednesday and he would ship them basically immediately after

So they would be about 6 days behind the other extras that left to me on either Wednesday or Thursday, so I could combine if you wanted and would not change timeline much

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2363 on: Fri, 17 March 2017, 16:46:24 »
Show Image

j/w am I a part of this?:)

I'll be updating the tickets tomorrow night

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2364 on: Fri, 17 March 2017, 17:38:13 »
Also, someone on r/MK said this:

ATTENTION:
I talked with the maker before, the switch of shift and enter keys are not the same as the one in Novatouch.
For this one, there is no stabilizer, but only a MX port.
For Novatouch, there is a stabilizer, you can drill a hole on your HHKB/Realforce to support the shift/enter key.
Therefore, if you use this one to replace your shift/enter key, the keycap will be stuck after you press it down, because of no stabilizer.

Would this be something we would have to think about, even if we did modify the stems on our stabilized keys?

i have no idea what they are talking about or referring to

i have extensively tested the sliders and they do indeed come with stabilsed sliders and worked perfectly for me

edit - the only issue at all i found with the stabilsers is some keys had a very slight clearance issue, they would function perfectly, so no sticking whatsoever, but were maybe a mm higher than the other keys of that row

for keys i had that issue with, i didnt drill my case at all, but i removed a very small amount of material from the 2 stabilised sections of the caps, its very minimal and if anyone is interesting ill document me doing it when the new sets arrive, this wasnt an issue in all sets i tried, but the ones that did present a slight clearance issue, it was very easily resolved and the amount of material i needed to remove was so small the caps still functioned perfectly again on mx stabs

but i have tried SA, oem, dcs, gmk, dsa, jtk on these sliders, and havent had a need to drill my case in anyway whatsoever and have full functionality of those keys and all profiles at the appropriate height (with in some limited occasions about 30 seconds of work on the bottom of the caps)
Id like to see pics on what would need to be done.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2365 on: Fri, 17 March 2017, 18:01:36 »

ATTENTION:
I talked with the maker before, the switch of shift and enter keys are not the same as the one in Novatouch.
For Novatouch, there is a stabilizer, you can drill a hole on your HHKB/Realforce to support the shift/enter key.
Therefore, if you use this one to replace your shift/enter key, the keycap will be stuck after you press it down, because of no stabilizer.

Would this be something we would have to think about, even if we did modify the stems on our stabilized keys?

i have extensively tested the sliders and they do indeed come with stabilsed sliders and worked perfectly for me

edit - the only issue at all i found with the stabilsers is some keys had a very slight clearance issue, they would function perfectly, so no sticking whatsoever, but were maybe a mm higher than the other keys of that row

for keys i had that issue with, i didnt drill my case at all, but i removed a very small amount of material from the 2 stabilised sections of the caps, its very minimal and if anyone is interesting ill document me doing it when the new sets arrive, this wasnt an issue in all sets i tried, but the ones that did present a slight clearance issue, it was very easily resolved and the amount of material i needed to remove was so small the caps still functioned perfectly again on mx stabs

but i have tried SA, oem, dcs, gmk, dsa, jtk on these sliders, and havent had a need to drill my case in anyway whatsoever and have full functionality of those keys and all profiles at the appropriate height (with in some limited occasions about 30 seconds of work on the bottom of the caps)

with caps i care about i very neatly sanded away the very small amount of material, with caps i didnt i just snipped them, but when the new sliders arrive ill do a full write up with pics etc

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2366 on: Fri, 17 March 2017, 20:46:49 »

ATTENTION:

with caps i care about i very neatly sanded away the very small amount of material, with caps i didnt i just snipped them, but when the new sliders arrive ill do a full write up with pics etc
Cool! Thanks

Offline MvanDiemen

• Click-clack-woohoo :D
« Reply #2367 on: Sat, 18 March 2017, 02:03:08 »
Just to be sure, I filled in the JTK Sliders form on 30. november, do I need to fill in the confirmation form which is now in the OP or not?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2368 on: Sat, 18 March 2017, 08:19:59 »
Just to be sure, I filled in the JTK Sliders form on 30. november, do I need to fill in the confirmation form which is now in the OP or not?

Should be the same form sir

Offline TheBestUkester

« Reply #2369 on: Sat, 18 March 2017, 14:41:41 »
If this needs to be a support ticket or whatever, lemme know, but could I change the color out on sliders at this point?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2370 on: Sat, 18 March 2017, 15:33:24 »
If this needs to be a support ticket or whatever, lemme know, but could I change the color out on sliders at this point?

Shoot tym a message he should be able to amend the form for you

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2371 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 16:01:02 »
All invoices sent for the orange and white set

Here is a picture of it combined with the additional mods

« Reply #2372 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 16:03:39 »
Paid, set looks awesome =]

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2373 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 16:04:46 »

ill have better pics soon, he was too busy actually sorting it and sending out my sliders etc but once i get nicer pics ill post them

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #2374 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 18:13:46 »

ill have better pics soon, he was too busy actually sorting it and sending out my sliders etc but once i get nicer pics ill post them

Was there any work done to the legends in the interim between the original sets and this one by any chance? They look perfectly uniform there whilst there were tiny discrepancies in the earlier ones people received of the "regular" sets.

This is not a critique by any means, I have no issue with the things I've seen of the others, I'm just pleasantly surprised and expectant for the future because of how solid those look from that particular picture.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2375 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 18:30:06 »

Was there any work done to the legends in the interim between the original sets and this one by any chance? They look perfectly uniform there whilst there were tiny discrepancies in the earlier ones people received of the "regular" sets.

This is not a critique by any means, I have no issue with the things I've seen of the others, I'm just pleasantly surprised and expectant for the future because of how solid those look from that particular picture.

I haven't had these on hand yet myself so I don't actually know if the recent changes were done pre or post this set being run off, what I do know for a fact is multiple legends have already been fixed and more are being done before the next the launch

I'm not entirely sure how the timeline was between running this off with the extra material he had or changing the moulds but I'll find out shortly

I have know jtk for many many years and I can say with certainty he will not rest until he gets these sets perfect and is constantly working towards that goal

Offline Koobs

« Reply #2376 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 12:55:08 »
Is that form for the JTK Debut as well or just for sophomore? I filled it out but I bought the JTK Debut a while ago. Thanks!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2377 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 15:16:56 »
Is that form for the JTK Debut as well or just for sophomore? I filled it out but I bought the JTK Debut a while ago. Thanks!

are you referring to the slider form

if so then yes its for anyone who ordered sliders to fill out to confirm colour preference and current address

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #2378 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 15:37:04 »

if so then yes its for anyone who ordered sliders to fill out to confirm colour preference and current address

Silly question Bunny, but do you still have any BoW or PoW sets left over?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2379 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 15:38:56 »

i think i have a couple but all packed up right now so best to ask me in a month or so once im all completely finished with all slider shipping and gh60 stuff etc and have a bit more space to work with

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #2380 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 15:43:06 »

i think i have a couple but all packed up right now so best to ask me in a month or so once im all completely finished with all slider shipping and gh60 stuff etc and have a bit more space to work with

Woot! I can wait. Some website had limited BoW stock, but I much rather get the sets from you. Thank you, sir!

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #2381 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 20:23:48 »
When can we expect the sliders to start shipping out? :]

Offline Glissant

« Reply #2382 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 20:35:35 »
This is the latest about the sliders that says anything about approximates. I think.

quick update guys,

sliders have now shipped to me, well, technically they are shipping to me today china time but tomorrow my time or something like that

essentially ill have tracking tomorrow but was told this morning they were shipping to me tomorrow morning china time and its now evening my time and almost morning time there

anyway enough confusion

they are on the way

also ive just been through and updated a bunch of support tickets, and will try and get some more done later tonight

thanks for everyones patience in replies , im getting there

Thanks for the updates, cant wait to have my mods and sliders in hand ! Keep up the great work bunny!

no problem good sir

id estimate they will arrive late next week, if not very early the following week depending on how customs etc treats me but ill be sure to keep everyone informed of the package progress here

once they arrive i have 6-8 support requests to fullfill of missing stuff i needed jtk to replace so that will be done immediately

then ill set about packing up all the sliders

im fairly confident i can have all slider orders complete within a week of them arriving but i will say within 2 weeks just so i dont end up disappointing people with timelines as there are a ton of them

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #2383 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 21:38:06 »
Sweet thanks!!!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2384 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 01:36:55 »
Thanks glissant for the quote

That info is still accurate, sliders are on the way next update regarding those will be when they arrive

Can't wait

Offline n__dles

« Reply #2385 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 06:20:13 »
Hey Bunny, not to be difficult, but since I'm still waiting on Orange & Black + Black on Orange mods, would it be possible to drop the Black on Orange mods and just have the Orange & Black shipped now?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
JTK Sophomore GB - 100% shipped
« Reply #2386 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 07:32:55 »
You can but the mods will be on hand in a few days, Im expecting them late this week

Offline n__dles

« Reply #2387 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 08:49:29 »
You can but the mods will be on hand in a few days, Im expecting them late this week

Getting impatient with a new build waiting for caps. Not planning on using the mods on it, they were for maybe one day / just in case.

What do I need to do to drop the mods from my order? Through the website, PM?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2388 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 08:54:13 »
Just open or amend your support ticket but to make you aware the earliest I will be able to ship again is probably Saturday

Offline Koobs

« Reply #2389 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 10:24:50 »

Awesome, thanks for the reply!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2390 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 15:46:54 »
if anyone has a support ticket regarding missing keys, replacements, order issues at all that you believe is in need of action or a reply from me about this gb

please could you pm me your ticket number and ill will get to it right away, im about to go through a ton of support stuff now but i want to make sure nothing is left out and everyone gets sorted

so if anyone is waiting on a response and hasnt got one, please dont let it drag on or get lost out of not wanting to bother me, hit me up via pm with the ticket number and ill get on it right away

thanks

Offline Dadrophenia

« Reply #2391 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 17:32:28 »
if anyone has a support ticket regarding missing keys, replacements, order issues at all that you believe is in need of action or a reply from me about this gb

please could you pm me your ticket number and ill will get to it right away, im about to go through a ton of support stuff now but i want to make sure nothing is left out and everyone gets sorted

so if anyone is waiting on a response and hasnt got one, please dont let it drag on or get lost out of not wanting to bother me, hit me up via pm with the ticket number and ill get on it right away

thanks

Thanks Bunny, sent a PM about this!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2392 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 21:06:52 »

thanks

I keep meaning to reply to say thanks for the update on my ticket, BunnyLake, and i'll look forward to receiving the goods in due course :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2393 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 02:54:16 »
Sliders have arrived

I have my son all day but tonight I'll take pictures, post updates and start packing

I would expect to have the first 200 or so sets out the door tomorrow morning

Offline Dyaems

« Reply #2394 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 03:05:05 »
Sliders have arrived

I have my son all day but tonight I'll take pictures, post updates and start packing

yeeeeeee

B.face X2
  65g Zealios

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2395 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 05:46:50 »
hypetrain.gif

Offline nsmechkb

« Reply #2396 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 05:55:32 »
Sliders have arrived

So excited!  Thanks, Bunny!

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #2397 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 08:30:58 »
Bought some thick krytox lube mix and I'll be ordering some silencing rings soon, gotta do everything while I have my board taken apart!

Really excited to get these, thanks for the hard work bunny.  :-*

Offline briannnn

« Reply #2398 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 09:22:32 »
Don't know if I'm allowed to ask this here at this point, but if anyone is willing to part with a set of sliders or if there's any other way to get a set, I'd really love to hear about it.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2399 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 09:32:16 »
Don't know if I'm allowed to ask this here at this point, but if anyone is willing to part with a set of sliders or if there's any other way to get a set, I'd really love to hear about it.

Just shoot me a dm and I can hook you up sir