Author Topic: Gateron KS-3 Black or Cherry MX Black: Which One is Better?  (Read 1358 times)

Offline BITe

^The title, which in your opinion is better and why? I want to know which one is better because I have a limited budget and I don't know which one to choose, I know that H1 are really nice, but they end up being more than my budget, I have also heard many good things about L7 Durocks which are slightly better in price. So if you can recommend switches with similar aesthetics and price, please go ahead!

Offline MIGHTY CHICKEN

• buck buck, cluck cluck, squawk squawk
Re: Gateron KS-3 Black or Cherry MX Black: Which One is Better?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 01 June 2021, 00:24:52 »
Def MX blacks imo, assuming you are lucky with a good batch

Offline BITe

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 01 June 2021, 00:53:27 »
I see, also one more question, which do you think is better? Mx black or Durock L7s/hhhh H1s?

Offline Aritega

• Art by ringo
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 04 June 2021, 23:36:34 »
If you're going based on smoothness, H1 or L7 is better.

Offline Leopard223

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 05 June 2021, 10:17:01 »
I see, also one more question, which do you think is better? Mx black or Durock L7s/hhhh H1s?
The L7/L5 (whatever recolor expect the EV-01) are phenomenal IMO, at least the sample I got. 
One of the best stem wobble I encountered, I was really amazed, housing is tight and not requiring film after opening it to lube, probably the new molds I’ve read about.
It is very smooth, has a slight offcenter binding that goes away completely when lubing (I used 3204), though it’s heavily factory lubed with oil, so keep that in mind, wish they offered light or no factory lube at all.
The black inks are probably bit smoother but has quite a bit of stem wobble, not worth to get it IMO over the L7.

The MX black (and red sample) I got were hella scratchy, really felt like sand paper and aren’t smooth at all, even lubing didn’t help it much to my surprise, I like the housing though.