Author Topic: kdb67 v3. Is it any different than the MKII  (Read 2307 times)

Offline monkeynutz

kdb67 v3. Is it any different than the MKII
« on: Mon, 05 July 2021, 19:09:58 »
I was looking through the kbdfans site and was quite confused. This case wasn't with any kits, and wasn't in the 65% section of the website, unless I went to the cases. What is the general opinion of it?

Offline Leopard223

Re: kdb67 v3. Is it any different than the MKII
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 05 July 2021, 19:37:05 »
It's an metal case upgrade to the KBD67 Lite, I'm not familiar with KBDFans product evolution but if I had to guess I'd say they're gonna make the KBD67 Lite as the main 65% keyboard with the case as the upgrade to the high quality zone, sort of like the Tufo.

Offline monkeynutz

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 06 July 2021, 01:26:46 »
It's an metal case upgrade to the KBD67 Lite, I'm not familiar with KBDFans product evolution but if I had to guess I'd say they're gonna make the KBD67 Lite as the main 65% keyboard with the case as the upgrade to the high quality zone, sort of like the Tufo.

Ahh thanks. So would it be a good idea to look at the reeviews of the plastic version to decide if I like it?

Offline Leopard223

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 06 July 2021, 19:27:17 »

Ahh thanks. So would it be a good idea to look at the reeviews of the plastic version to decide if I like it?
I'd say it's recommended to look at reviews before getting a product, the board seems very good and feedback seems very positive, I've even read here a comment that said the board is everything is was hyped to be. 
I'm waiting for the R2 and would have definitly got the metal case if not for the crazy custom taxes of my country (+Fedex shipping cost and "payed you custom fee" fee).

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 07 July 2021, 05:56:41 »
Oh, that is so nice, alu case for this amazing board.
Now they HAVE TO do TKL like that.
Same gasket mount, same plates, alu case.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::