Author Topic: F-keys stop working while playing SC2  (Read 1656 times)

Offline peda

F-keys stop working while playing SC2
« on: Fri, 26 August 2011, 02:01:35 »
Hey all,

i have the problem the my F-keys stop working while i playing SC2. This can happen (it is not always) anytime during a match. I have the same problem with 2 keyboards (Noppoo Choc mini and Ducky GK9008g2) and it can only be solved by unplugging and plugging in again.

I tried different usb ports and having only 1 or both keyboards plugged in. If I have both keyboards plugged in, the F-keys on both boards stop working. Also the keys don't work after i tabbed out/ended the game in Windows 7.

I don't think the keyboards are faulty as they work on other computers and therefore i think it is either a problem within my Win7 and/or SC2. Therefore i know that this thread could be interpreted to be misplaced but because of the lack of a dedicated subforum i post it here.

Does anybody have an idea what the problem could be or experience similar things?

EDIT: just to clarify: with F-keys i mean F1 through to F12
« Last Edit: Fri, 26 August 2011, 02:25:32 by peda »

Offline F u r u y á

F-keys stop working while playing SC2
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 26 August 2011, 03:25:42 »
  • Is there some program interfering with SC2?
    Close everything, run SC2 and see.

• Is there a problem with SC2?
      Try the Repair: Start > Programs > Starcraft II > Starcraft II - Repair
      If Repair does not work, install a fresh new copy of SC2 in another folder and see.

• Is there a problem with my Windows?
        Install a fresh new copy of Windows in another partition, install SC2 and see.

• Is there a problem with my USB ports?
          Try your keyboard in PS/2 port and see. (you can try this first as it's a very simple test)
          Take care to not hot plug it: first shut down your PC, plug to PS/2 and then turn on your PC.
99% of chance that I didn't covered everything but that's already a lot of tests for you to try.
Filco 91 | Filco 87* | Filco 105 | PLU 87 | PLU 87 | Cherry 120 | Cherry 120