Author Topic: It's in the mail...  (Read 2282998 times)

Offline rich1051414

Re: It's in the mail...
« Reply #11700 on: Fri, 09 February 2018, 22:18:56 »
When I noticed my thick box switches passed through DHL's hands, I knew I was in for a heck of a wait. I preordered them and they just made it to memphis, meaning they should arrive monday. Hopefully in one piece, but not holding my breathe.
Siig Minitouch with Orange Alps, Whitefox 60% Zealios 67g, Realforce 87U 55g Topre, LFK SMK/Alps TKL With SMK 2nd Gen Cherry MX mount switches, NEC APC-H412 NEC Blue Ovals, Unicomp Model-M Spacesaver, XMIT Hall Effect, WASD Code Cherry MX Clear, KBDFans75 Lubed Gateron Greens, Azio MGK L80 Kailh Brown, XD84 Pale Blue Box Kailh, NIB Pingmaster TMK Converted, KPrepublic XD96 Blue aluminum case with Jade Box Kailh

Offline bitzie

« Reply #11701 on: Sat, 10 February 2018, 14:26:20 »
BananaSplit V2 pcb!

Just got notification a couple days ago that it's on the way! Way too excited to get my first actual build underway. Everything else is ready and waiting. Switches are lubed, stickered, top casings swapped, and heavier springs put in. Keycaps are hand dyed. Case is aged/distressed. Stabs are clipped. Custom cable and leds are here. Firmware is setup through qmk site. Soldering iron is ready to turn on at a moment's notice. Thankfully it should get here (fingers crossed) during my reading break from university. I know I should probably be studying and working on term papers, but priorities are priorities right?

Offline Ruskie

« Reply #11702 on: Sat, 10 February 2018, 17:11:17 »
Just bought myself 3 pingmasters, two japanese and one chinese. I plan on making a tkl out of one, and using the other two on my two garage terminals.
Ive got myself a beefy boi

-Alf F62PE
-PCB Mount ZealV2 67g
-GMK KA1953 "OG Classic Retro"

8 pounds of clack

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #11703 on: Sat, 10 February 2018, 19:30:46 »
Just bought myself 3 pingmasters, two japanese and one chinese. I plan on making a tkl out of one, and using the other two on my two garage terminals.

Nice. Been meaning to pick one of these up, just can't decide which one...

Offline rich1051414

« Reply #11704 on: Sat, 10 February 2018, 23:59:15 »

If you don't speak chinese or japanese, it honestly doesn't matter xD TMK has pro micro firmware to convert it to USB without openning up the keyboard, btw. The beeper and volume knob will still work going this path as well, however, I don't think anyone would leave that annoying thing on xD
« Last Edit: Sun, 11 February 2018, 00:01:01 by rich1051414 »
Siig Minitouch with Orange Alps, Whitefox 60% Zealios 67g, Realforce 87U 55g Topre, LFK SMK/Alps TKL With SMK 2nd Gen Cherry MX mount switches, NEC APC-H412 NEC Blue Ovals, Unicomp Model-M Spacesaver, XMIT Hall Effect, WASD Code Cherry MX Clear, KBDFans75 Lubed Gateron Greens, Azio MGK L80 Kailh Brown, XD84 Pale Blue Box Kailh, NIB Pingmaster TMK Converted, KPrepublic XD96 Blue aluminum case with Jade Box Kailh

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #11705 on: Sun, 11 February 2018, 11:17:36 »

If you don't speak chinese or japanese, it honestly doesn't matter xD TMK has pro micro firmware to convert it to USB without openning up the keyboard, btw. The beeper and volume knob will still work going this path as well, however, I don't think anyone would leave that annoying thing on xD

I'll probably just get the cheapest one. And I'll definitely be doing an internal converter.

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #11706 on: Sun, 11 February 2018, 11:58:44 »
Just ordered a GMK Muted set for my silver Tina-A

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #11707 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 00:31:15 »
Got a crazy list this time around! :eek: Finally had a run of good luck, picked up a few home run jobs I'm set to make some real good money on & hit for $500 on a $10 instant lotto ticket! ;D That coupled with my tax return showing up much quicker than expected left me with a good bit of "play" money. So of course a good chunk of it went to keyboards, LOL! :cool:

The big stuff I got was a Leopold FC660C (a white & grey one) so I can finally try Topre. I also ordered a batch of BKE Redux Extremes & silencing rings for it in case I find the 45g genuine Topre domes to be too light or mushy for my tastes. Then I ordered a ACR60 kit from MechkeysCA, a batch of NovelKeys X Kaihl Navy thick click switches, & some genuine Cherry screw in stabilizers for it. While I was at it I figured I better stock up on some KB building supplies I needed to. So I ordered another 4g vial of Krytox GPL 204 & 2 tubes each of EK Mechlube 1 & 2 (teh ML 2 is on back order though). I also caved & grabbed a set of Varmilo's Revolution key caps, a set of blank green Leopold MX shift keys, 2 DIY USB cables to match my JTK Toxic set & the 660C, a GH sticker, & a r/MK sticker. Some of it's in the mail already, but I hope to have everything by the end of next week sans the Mechlube 2. Pretty excited about all this coming, been a good while since I have been able to splurge like this. I'll be sure to post the build guides once everything arrives & I get the chance to put it all together! :thumb:

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #11708 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 07:57:38 »
Ordered dat Camo Filco tkl 

Offline BobCarltheThird

« Reply #11709 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 12:34:52 »

What switches did you get?
***loads of Vaseline for my meme TMO50 -- Acereconkeys

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #11710 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 16:17:31 »

Offline Rob27shred

« Reply #11711 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 18:11:32 »

MX Pink

Nice choice on the board & switches. I've always liked Filco's TKLs, especially now that you can get those Kobo frames for them. Although I doubt you'll need one of them considering the camo case looks awesome on it's own. They are hard to find & expensive but a set of SA 23  Commando would go excellent with that board IMO!

I've wanted to get a batch of Cherry Silents for a build for awhile now, but I need the blacks (reds are much to light for me) & they are near impossible to find loose still. NovelKeys has some in stock but they have springs for reds in them :'(. I could always buy some heavier springs & swap them in, but I personally really like the weighting of stock springs for Cherry blacks. Also the Cherry silentrs aren't exactly cheap either.

Anyways post some pics & a short review after you it if you have a chance & enjoy the new digs man! :thumb:

Offline BobCarltheThird

« Reply #11712 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 21:00:52 »

MX Pink

Nice choice on the board & switches. I've always liked Filco's TKLs, especially now that you can get those Kobo frames for them. Although I doubt you'll need one of them considering the camo case looks awesome on it's own. They are hard to find & expensive but a set of SA 23  Commando would go excellent with that board IMO!

I've wanted to get a batch of Cherry Silents for a build for awhile now, but I need the blacks (reds are much to light for me) & they are near impossible to find loose still. NovelKeys has some in stock but they have springs for reds in them :'(. I could always buy some heavier springs & swap them in, but I personally really like the weighting of stock springs for Cherry blacks. Also the Cherry silentrs aren't exactly cheap either.

Anyways post some pics & a short review after you it if you have a chance & enjoy the new digs man! :thumb:

Not sure how he feels about SA but Strong Spirit would fit the board thematically I think.

Offline Rob27shred

« Reply #11713 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 10:47:41 »

MX Pink

Not sure how he feels about SA but Strong Spirit would fit the board thematically I think.

Good call, I forgot about that set. It would go nice with it too. Also SA or GMK Camping would fit it nice colorwise at least.

Offline BobCarltheThird

« Reply #11714 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 14:09:55 »
I've ordered so much stuff that I've lost track honestly. The stuff I know for sure is coming in

1) HASU controller for my FC660c

2) XD64 case and PCB in two different shipments, honestly not even sure why I ordered this

3) Mr Worldwide artisan in Laser colorway, I like dogs and also GMK laser

4) lube for my FC660c, didn't want to take this thing apart more then once

5) Hypersheres for my FC660c, becasue the upstroke on topre is louder then it should be

6) the Grizz caps done by Keyclack because it was cheap and I'm awful with money as evidenced by the entirety of this post

7) probably other stuff that I've forgotten about, I'm awful at self control and like making it feel like every day is Christmas.

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #11715 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 15:39:23 »

MX Pink

Good call, I forgot about that set. It would go nice with it too. Also SA or GMK Camping would fit it nice colorwise at least.

I like camping, but I dont like SA. So I'll end up with some good old Dolch on it probably.

Offline Rob27shred

« Reply #11716 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 20:32:26 »

MX Pink

I like camping, but I dont like SA. So I'll end up with some good old Dolch on it probably.

Really can't go wrong with Dolch. :thumb:

Offline Rob27shred

« Reply #11717 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 20:36:52 »
I've ordered so much stuff that I've lost track honestly. The stuff I know for sure is coming in

2) XD64 case and PCB in two different shipments, honestly not even sure why I ordered this

5) Hypersheres for my FC660c, becasue the upstroke on topre is louder then it should be

6) the Grizz caps done by Keyclack because it was cheap and I'm awful with money as evidenced by the entirety of this post

7) probably other stuff that I've forgotten about, I'm awful at self control and like making it feel like every day is Christmas.

The Hasu controller is something I want to get for my 660C as well, you'll have to let me know how the install goes. I feel you though, I'm the same way sometimes as you can see by my last post. What lube did you go with? I keep hearing EK Mechlube 2 is best for Topre but the only place I know that sells it is elitekeyboards.com & they won't have more till sometime next month. I'm very tempted to just use my personal thick mix of Kyrtox as I don't want to have to open mine up too many times either.

Offline BobCarltheThird

« Reply #11718 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 21:08:23 »

The Hasu controller is something I want to get for my 660C as well, you'll have to let me know how the install goes. I feel you though, I'm the same way sometimes as you can see by my last post. What lube did you go with? I keep hearing EK Mechlube 2 is best for Topre but the only place I know that sells it is elitekeyboards.com & they won't have more till sometime next month. I'm very tempted to just use my personal thick mix of Kyrtox as I don't want to have to open mine up too many times either.

I picked up the Krytox GPL 204 grease from Mehkee. Topre is pretty smooth already and the tactility comes from the domes so I'm not really worried about destroying the feeling of the switches. I read in a thread somewhere (memory is awful) that 205 is really good for it though so maybe look into that. I'm not super knowledgeable about lube types though so who knows maybe I'm about to ruin my board.

Offline Rob27shred

« Reply #11719 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 21:20:43 »

I picked up the Krytox GPL 204 grease from Mehkee. Topre is pretty smooth already and the tactility comes from the domes so I'm not really worried about destroying the feeling of the switches. I read in a thread somewhere (memory is awful) that 205 is really good for it though so maybe look into that. I'm not super knowledgeable about lube types though so who knows maybe I'm about to ruin my board.

Honestly I am not 100% sure how well GPL 204 by itself will work for lubing Topre. EK Mechlube 2 is what I keep hearing is the best for it, but elitekeyboards.com is the only place I know that sells it & they are out till sometime next month. I would say you probably want to also order some VPF1415 oil from Mehkee as well to thin GPL204 out & make a thick Krytox mix. That's what I do for lubing tactile MX switches as the 204 is much to thick for it by itself. My personal thick krytox mix is most likely what I'll be using to lube my 660C. Hopefully somebody more knowledgeable about Topre can chime in on what lube to use.
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 February 2018, 21:23:33 by Rob27shred »

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #11720 on: Sat, 17 February 2018, 09:09:39 »
The first of many packages that will be on their way to me soon. All Japanese versions of the NES and SNES (Super Famicom), including some that were not officially licensed  :rolleyes:.

« Last Edit: Sat, 17 February 2018, 09:22:25 by Blaise170 »
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline phlm

• Part of HHKB clan.
« Reply #11721 on: Tue, 20 February 2018, 05:23:20 »
After a long research and thinking, friend of mine who got HHKB Type-S recently pushed me over the edge, so I pulled the trigger and ordered regular white HHKB with blank caps. It should arrive in a few weeks time. I am really really eager to get my hands on it.

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #11722 on: Tue, 20 February 2018, 09:07:39 »
Some Bro caps

Offline ejewell89

• 4ever Smol
« Reply #11723 on: Tue, 20 February 2018, 09:25:40 »

Offline hking0036

« Reply #11724 on: Wed, 21 February 2018, 21:59:56 »
The first of many packages that will be on their way to me soon. All Japanese versions of the NES and SNES (Super Famicom), including some that were not officially licensed  :rolleyes:.

Show Image

:thumb:

But for real, the AV Fami is pretty cool, and the Super Fami is cool, just inconvenient because of slot. Are you getting a Dendy?
Realforce RF87UB 45g Uniform | Leopold FC660C w/ TMK | IBM Model M - 3/24/1997 | IBM Model F 122 - 11/25/1985 ANSI'd w/ TMK | IBM Model F XT in a box

Offline Deefenestrate

« Reply #11725 on: Thu, 22 February 2018, 08:51:51 »
After a long research and thinking, friend of mine who got HHKB Type-S recently pushed me over the edge, so I pulled the trigger and ordered regular white HHKB with blank caps. It should arrive in a few weeks time. I am really really eager to get my hands on it.

Congrats!  Welcome to the Topre life!

Offline AuthenticDanger

« Reply #11726 on: Thu, 22 February 2018, 08:58:22 »
DSA Retro is OUT FOR DELIVERY!

The last DSA set I need to complete my collection  :eek:
F Keys belong on the left.

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #11727 on: Thu, 22 February 2018, 17:46:56 »
Steinhart Ocean One 39

Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline jihadu

« Reply #11728 on: Tue, 27 February 2018, 10:54:59 »
A melody96

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #11729 on: Tue, 27 February 2018, 17:35:42 »
Planck parts (finally ^_^)
Gherkin parts
Some other bits as well

Offline Rob27shred

« Reply #11730 on: Tue, 27 February 2018, 18:09:32 »
A set of Maxkey blue/gray SA caps, a NPKC metal cap puller, & 5' DIY USB cable kit from 1UP. Also 70 Cherry silent blacks (the ones with red springs in them >:D) from NovelKeys.

Offline Rob27shred

« Reply #11731 on: Tue, 27 February 2018, 18:14:04 »
Gherkin parts
Some other bits as well

Nice, I have been thinking about grabbing one of the EOTW Plancks for a busy project after I get my ACR60 built.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #11732 on: Tue, 27 February 2018, 18:16:20 »
Gherkin parts
Some other bits as well

Nice, I have been thinking about grabbing one of the EOTW Plancks for a busy project after I get my ACR60 built.

Nice. I've got a sandwich planck that I hand wired a long time ago. Really looking forward to doing an aluminum case and LEDs this time.

Offline Rob27shred

« Reply #11733 on: Tue, 27 February 2018, 18:22:14 »
Gherkin parts
Some other bits as well

Nice. I've got a sandwich planck that I hand wired a long time ago. Really looking forward to doing an aluminum case and LEDs this time.

Yeah the aluminum cases they have do look great & are priced pretty good. GL with it & post some pics once you got it all finished up! :thumb:

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #11734 on: Tue, 27 February 2018, 18:24:26 »
Gherkin parts
Some other bits as well

Yeah the aluminum cases they have do look great & are priced pretty good. GL with it & post some pics once you got it all finished up! :thumb:

Absolutely will!

Offline sncbraxsc2

• ⭐Domesticated Dweeb⭐
« Reply #11735 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 10:06:49 »
Lots of love in the mail.. MF, JAK, Coz. My board was getting worked on by a friend and should be heading back my way any day now as well! Looking forward to taking some pictures when its all in  ^-^

Offline emenelopee

• *klomp klomp klomp* I step on your house 🦖
« Reply #11736 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 11:35:38 »
So many bits and pieces:

UV LEDs
GitD GH60 case
Pet pee detector

All in the pursuit of Keyboard Science!

Offline yqliang

« Reply #11737 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 21:44:18 »
MiTo Godspeed. So clean!
191034-0
Nightfox Zealios 65g | Input Club K-Type Halo True | CM Masterkeys Pro S MX Brown x Norbauer Case | SA Carbon | SA Hyperfuse | XDA MiTo Godspeed | DSA K Bares Miami Dolch | ePBT WoB
Want: Satisfaction 75 | Space65 | GMK Dot

Offline duckboi

« Reply #11738 on: Sat, 10 March 2018, 06:04:19 »
MiTo Godspeed. So clean!
(Attachment Link)

WOW! I never realized how nice XDA Godspeed looks until now. I really regret missing out on that one.
The m0ar empty you feel,  the m0ar space for Keycaps..

Offline sangeth

« Reply #11739 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 17:04:49 »
1) FC660c - Finally pulled the trigger on this one after loving the feel of the HHKB
2) Hasu controller for both FC660c and HHKB Pro 2
3) MX stabilizers (screw-in, PCB mounted, plate mounted)
4) Tokyo60 - Technically not in the mail but joined the GB on the weekend

Possibly other stuff that I've forgotten.

Offline Purp

• Banned
  • the colour, not the weed
« Reply #11740 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 18:05:45 »
More freakin Gundam. :cool:

Offline adamchevy

• You can grow ideas in the garden of your mind.
« Reply #11741 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 18:08:26 »
1.  Novel Keys Big Switch Tactile Pad

2.  Massdrop x Matt3o /dev/tty MT3 Custom Keycap Set

Base Kit,Beige Mods, Extra Beige Mods, and RGB Kit

Offline BobCarltheThird

« Reply #11742 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 18:29:46 »
1) FC660c - Finally pulled the trigger on this one after loving the feel of the HHKB

Are you going to be putting BKE domes in the FC660c as well?

Offline kgolden

« Reply #11743 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 18:43:23 »
good lord... just waiting my cherry stabilizers to show up.... 

Offline Rob27shred

« Reply #11744 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 19:02:18 »

You won't regret the 660C, they are very solid boards even if you keep the stock domes. The only thing I would recommend is to lube the stabilized keys while you have it open even though it is kind of a pain in the butt to do. They rattled like crazy on mine before I did the dome swap, silencing pads (KeyClack's), & lubing on it. Night & day difference though, very quiet afterwards. I used Tribosys 3204 on mine but any of the usual suspects for stabilizer lube should work fine.
« Last Edit: Sun, 11 March 2018, 19:04:48 by Rob27shred »

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #11745 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 19:55:56 »
What's up GH? Long time no talk...eh. I've got a KBD75, box reds, and Originative cyrillic set in the mail.
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline sangeth

« Reply #11746 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 21:34:19 »

Are you going to be putting BKE domes in the FC660c as well?

Considering the price of the FC660c, I think I'll be reluctant to do anything other than type on the board for a bit after it arrives.  It'll probably take me a few months to work up the courage to install the Hasu controller.  Maybe an option for down the track though.

Offline bitzie

« Reply #11747 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 21:47:57 »
Contra
DZ60 pcb + steel plate + Silent Aliaz 60g
80 62g R10 Blue Zilents
Cherry stabs, purple leds, pink and purple switch stickers

Offline sangeth

« Reply #11748 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 21:51:58 »

You won't regret the 660C, they are very solid boards even if you keep the stock domes. The only thing I would recommend is to lube the stabilized keys while you have it open even though it is kind of a pain in the butt to do. They rattled like crazy on mine before I did the dome swap, silencing pads (KeyClack's), & lubing on it. Night & day difference though, very quiet afterwards. I used Tribosys 3204 on mine but any of the usual suspects for stabilizer lube should work fine.

Cheers for the heads up on the rattling.  I'll put it through a couple of months worth of work before I go pulling the board apart and installing the new controller and lubricating anything that rattles.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #11749 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 23:39:05 »
What's up GH? Long time no talk...eh. I've got a KBD75, box reds, and Originative cyrillic set in the mail.

What up man.  Haven't seen you around in a minute.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More