Author Topic: Pokémon GO!  (Read 117343 times)

Offline mrhead

• Thread \ (•◡•) / Stopper
Re: Pokémon GO!
« Reply #500 on: Fri, 02 September 2016, 09:46:01 »
My kids are watching the cartoon, so as soon as the name is mentioned I'll set everyone straight (or my kids will set ME straight and I will pass along the lesson!).

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #501 on: Fri, 02 September 2016, 16:21:47 »
pls gief bbv2

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #502 on: Wed, 14 September 2016, 05:52:23 »

Today was a good day. Went out for a bike ride in town to do a round of all the pokestops, hatched a 10km egg (Magmar) and finally caught my last Paras and Slowpoke I was waiting on to do a round of evolutions with a lucky egg.

You can definitely tell less and less people are playing.
pls gief bbv2

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #503 on: Wed, 14 September 2016, 06:06:31 »
Show Image

Today was a good day. Went out for a bike ride in town to do a round of all the pokestops, hatched a 10km egg (Magmar) and finally caught my last Paras and Slowpoke I was waiting on to do a round of evolutions with a lucky egg.

Does riding a bike work for hatching eggs?

I know riding in a train doesn't :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline SRTroN

« Reply #504 on: Thu, 15 September 2016, 06:26:31 »
I think that so long as you don't go over 25km/hr you are ok.

Offline raymogi

« Reply #505 on: Thu, 15 September 2016, 06:32:46 »
AFAIK the max speed is around 10.5km/h. The traffic jam in my country is perfect for this :D
Please feed my addiction.

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #506 on: Thu, 15 September 2016, 07:16:48 »
I'm really disliking that they removed support for rooted phones. :(

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #507 on: Thu, 15 September 2016, 07:21:51 »
Why? cuz of location spoofing? Well RIP I guess I finally uninstall pokemon go from my phone
I love Elzy

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #508 on: Thu, 15 September 2016, 07:25:58 »
Why? cuz of location spoofing? Well RIP I guess I finally uninstall pokemon go from my phone

Just don't download the newest update (0.37). The one before, 0.35, still works. Unfortunately I didn't know that until I updated so I had to find an APK.

It's definitely because of location spoofing, but that's just dumb. Most botters and spoofers play on the computer through Bluestacks or Nox. Not only that, you can location spoof without rooting your phone. What they've done is just shut out quite a large userbase in a scorched earth policy to try and prevent cheaters. It's asinine.

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #509 on: Fri, 16 September 2016, 03:30:08 »
Show Image

Does riding a bike work for hatching eggs?

I know riding in a train doesn't :))
Works perfect for me, I thought I read the speed limit is 15km/h, but I've seen it still register around 20km/h as well. I take my bike into town and just ride around, visit pokestops etc...

I love that PoGo actively makes me combat my laziness. I needed to run errands, which I've easily could've done by car, but that way I couldn't put Paras as my buddy out and get that last candy I needed. I love that a game is making me exercise.
pls gief bbv2

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #510 on: Fri, 30 September 2016, 06:39:38 »
Level 18 now.

We went to Cook's Cottage in Fitzroy Gardens one day during these school holidays (and during my convalescence), and just outside there were three Poke Stops, all with lures, and about 100 random people all sitting around on their smartphones.

Coincidence?

I think not :))

That was a good day, but I had to keep looking at the cottage.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #511 on: Mon, 17 October 2016, 10:28:38 »
Caught a Tauros in Central Park. Hell yeah NA exclusive pokemon on an EU account :D
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #512 on: Mon, 17 October 2016, 20:50:42 »
Reached level 20.

Offline YoshiCaps

• yes, oh god no.
« Reply #513 on: Sat, 22 October 2016, 12:21:40 »
does anyone even play p-go any more?
hi.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #514 on: Sun, 23 October 2016, 04:49:00 »

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #515 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 13:42:15 »
Going to san francisco in two weeks. Will play there again. I'm tired of catching ****ing pidgey's.
pls gief bbv2

Offline mike52787

• Alps Aficionado
« Reply #516 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 20:32:35 »
The halloween event just dropped, I went out and played tonight. Still a fun game.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #517 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 20:41:05 »
Going to san francisco in two weeks. Will play there again. I'm tired of catching ****ing pidgey's.

If nothing else you can evolve them to get 500 points.

Offline Pennyz

• Vegeta
« Reply #518 on: Thu, 27 October 2016, 07:40:35 »
How many treasures have you collected
I ♥ Night Caps.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps

Offline Dr_Alphabet

« Reply #519 on: Thu, 27 October 2016, 12:47:50 »
I pretty much stopped playing this when I realized the best pokemons are found inside walmarts instead of out in the wilderness. I still bring it up every now and again to see what's around me but I haven't seen anything besides rats and rat birds in a while now. I have an abra though so I guess all I need to do now is walk a couple thousand miles to get alakazam and then I win
Look at me. Look at me. Look what I can do. I'm amazing - Peter Gabriel

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #520 on: Fri, 28 October 2016, 04:35:33 »
How many treasures have you collected

Me?

What treasures?

Level 21 now btw.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #521 on: Fri, 28 October 2016, 16:50:24 »
6 candies per catch is awesome. I now have a phone I can play PGo for longer than 10 minutes so I'm playing it whenever I can  :))

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #522 on: Mon, 31 October 2016, 09:49:06 »
I wish they kept it. Feels like you actually progress through the game now instead of an endless grind.
pls gief bbv2

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #523 on: Mon, 31 October 2016, 11:09:52 »
I'm still getting it =/ The candies you get while hatching now are insane too. I'm getting 30+ when hatching most things

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #524 on: Mon, 31 October 2016, 13:29:16 »
Had a pokemon go plus on pre order for 4 months now, still have yet to get it store won't even give me a estimate date on when they will have them.

Kinda pissed off since loads have gotten them already and there's hundreds on ebay scalping them .-.
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #525 on: Mon, 07 November 2016, 13:17:56 »
First day in San Francisco. Holy ****... On my first walk I caught 4 Pokemon I didn't have before. I ended up spending 10 euro on coins and buying 8 incubators.
pls gief bbv2

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #526 on: Mon, 07 November 2016, 15:36:38 »
Also pretty nice is the 500 free xp for first catch of the day, and the double items at pokestops (Super awesome since I don't have many around me) and hopefully the 7 day bonus XP and items too :)

Still waiting on that pokemon go plus though .-.

But speaking of pokemon, I fixed a pokemon Gold game today, I had saved from being throw in a ex-neighbours bin about 10 years ago, just found it out again after tidying up some stuff, and tried to play it and it was all jumbled mess when loading (I somewhat remember the my friend saying it was being throw because it was broken) but after cracking it open and reading up a bit people said the MBC chip might have a few iffy connections, cracked out the soldering iron, reflowed the joint and everythings working again perfectly :D pretty good to say I saved it from being binned 10 years ago lol, just needs a new battery is all
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
More

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #527 on: Sat, 19 November 2016, 15:48:32 »
After two weeks in SF, I'm now at 107 pokemon caught and 120 seen. I'm close to a couple others as well. Didn't fight in any gyms while here, just walked a bunch. Was a fun experience.
pls gief bbv2

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #528 on: Wed, 23 November 2016, 11:36:17 »
DITTO IS REAL

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #529 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 20:02:51 »
DITTO IS REAL

+1

Actually +2 :D

And level 22 now.

Although my daughter has 3 Pikachu, and I have none :(

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #530 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 09:51:32 »
I've got two now as well :D

Also using a lucky egg and the double XP, I managed to get 60,000 XP in 15 minutes. Lots of evolving into new pokemon and other evolutions too.

Up to level 21 now :)

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #531 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 11:24:50 »
Also did the whole mass evolving thing + lucky egg and got level 22 from 19 :) (Halfway through 22 too)

On even better news Amazon Spain restocked the Pokemon go Plus last week and I managed to snag one, already been shipped, then the day after Nintendo UK had them on order again and managed to snag one of those too, now to see which turns up first
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
More

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #532 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 19:49:50 »
3 Ditto now ;)

60,000 points in 15 minutes is a LOT :eek:  The most I've managed to get is around 20,000 in half an hour.

Half way through level 21 - 100,000 points takes a while to get just catching and occasionally evolving.

Offline rabbitfire

« Reply #533 on: Thu, 29 December 2016, 03:58:22 »
Show Image

:)) :thumb:

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #534 on: Sat, 31 December 2016, 05:13:23 »
3 Ditto now ;)

60,000 points in 15 minutes is a LOT :eek:  The most I've managed to get is around 20,000 in half an hour.

Half way through level 21 - 100,000 points takes a while to get just catching and occasionally evolving.

Yeah, it was a seriously frantic 15 minutes. It was during the double XP event though, and I had saved up about 300 Rattata and Pidgey candies. Also had a Venonat, Paras, Horsea, Meowth and some other first time evolutions so got the XP for new pokemon as well.

I've been using the new app for the Apple Watch which is pretty cool. I use it when I'm at work to just add a little distance to my buddy and egg hatches.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #535 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 02:14:12 »
I got up to level 23 or something, but the thing is I have to do it twice - once for me and once for my daughter, as she doesn't get out that much to play.

After a while doing everything twice kinda gets extremely tedious, so I haven't played for a while now.

I did manage to grab a Christmas Pikachu or two each - anyone else get one?

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #536 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 04:25:49 »
Got lvl 24 myself still enjoy it and go out walking almost nightly to collect local stops (only 3 in a few miles .-.) otherwise yeah got about 30 of those santa pikachus
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
More

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #537 on: Mon, 22 July 2019, 16:36:25 »
Just reached level 25 (after a long hiatus).

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #538 on: Tue, 23 July 2019, 08:06:19 »
I remember one of my parents used to be the best ingress player in my area.

But you know, #### gets boring so i stopped playing

Offline abdulmuhsee

« Reply #539 on: Tue, 23 July 2019, 17:22:54 »
I've been at lvl 40 for a long time now; the game is still a good motivator for me to take a walk or bike ride and catch some stuff.

While there have been a lot of improvements since 2016, the main things holding the game back are still a mediocre battle and gym system, even after the rework, and the lack of strategy due to how Niantic got rid of Sp. Attack and Sp. Defense by merging them, which left many Pokemon without a use.  As it stands, you can just use 6 Mewtwo if you want, which is silly.

Could've been one of the best games of all time with original Pokemon stats and turn-based battle system, but alas.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #540 on: Tue, 23 July 2019, 20:31:22 »
Can't wait for the Next Pokemon movie.  After Detective Pikachu, it's clear that we have the Pokenology. we only lack THE WILL for more live action films.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #541 on: Tue, 23 July 2019, 22:03:27 »
I caught a Pikachu this morning with a cute little hat on :)

I'll clarify that by saying that Pikachu was wearing a hat, and I was not.
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 July 2019, 22:06:29 by rowdy »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #542 on: Wed, 24 July 2019, 07:28:35 »

was it a detective hat ?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #543 on: Thu, 25 July 2019, 21:59:27 »

was it a detective hat ?

Technically any hat can be a "detective hat" as long as a detective wears it.

Decide for yourself ...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #544 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 16:19:11 »
Oh, you mean a deerstalker hat?  Like this?

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #545 on: Wed, 10 February 2021, 14:53:22 »
Holy Necromancy. . .

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D