Author Topic: 【IC】GMK Higanbana彼岸花 | GB Date update!  (Read 66739 times)

Offline Vegas_

Re: 【IC】GMK Higanbana彼岸花 | With more renders!
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 13 January 2021, 04:46:12 »
this set is very nice! like the colorway a lot, and the myths are cool! :)

Offline shenshendei

« Reply #51 on: Wed, 13 January 2021, 04:52:30 »
btw, I guess it is '花葉永不相見'? instead if '想見' ?

thanks for mentioning the typo, it has been fixed now. Sorry bout that

Offline Nathan_

« Reply #52 on: Mon, 01 February 2021, 09:31:08 »
GB when!

Offline shenshendei

« Reply #53 on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 06:54:40 »
GB when!
GB's gonna be starting from the 1st of July! And it will be officially announced shortly!
Also, For deskmats, there's a feedback form for you guys to fill!
Every submission is very important! As it determines if the deskmats will be available in GB stage!
« Last Edit: Sat, 20 February 2021, 22:01:06 by shenshendei »

Offline Rx003

Uhmmm I like the deskmat  ;)

Offline shenshendei

Uhmmm I like the deskmat  ;)
Go fill in the deskmat feedback form! *And pray that your favourite mat will be available in GB*

Offline KiwiAhhhh

dark red is always sexy, like it! :thumb: :thumb:

Offline actress

I like the Manjushage White deskmat a lot.

Offline derEineTyp

• -just a random-
very creative and the combination with those myths is 10/10  :thumb:

Offline shenshendei

quick update! The color 1012 has been changed to 1021. cuz it looks less muddy/dirty, and would look better.
And to all peeps who has interested in this set, there will be big updates soon. and join the discord server  for quickest updates and sneak peaks. :peepolove:
(i've also setted up an instagram account so feel free to check that out[its in the IC as well])
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 March 2021, 07:41:09 by shenshendei »

Offline KiwiAhhhh

quick update! The color 1012 has been changed to 1021. cuz it looks less muddy/dirty, and would look better.
And to all peeps who has interested in this set, there will be big updates soon. and join the discord server  for quickest updates and sneak peaks. :peepolove:
(i've also setted up an instagram account so feel free to check that out[its in the IC as well])

sounds awesome! :thumb:

Offline Abel

I wonder why you'd use Japanese as sub? Why not cangjie?

Offline VoodooBear

Is this a weeb set?

Offline lluvia

I see that there is some effort in the research, it's all too amalgamated and muddled.

Why use the Japanese name of the flower but reference Chinese myths?

I am confused to as why you broke the myth up into three parts, even though they're all from the same Chinese myth. I also find it weird you put in Japanese terms in it, such as mixing a Shinto belief (Yomi) with a Buddhist belief (Sanzu river). (Your 40s/orthos Yomi and "jigoku no kawa" deskmat...)

Higan is a Buddhist holiday exclusively celebrated by Japanese sects during the Spring equinox (shunbun) and Autumnal equinox (shūbun), and the "Higanbana" name derives from that it blooms near the equinoctial week, rather than referencing the holiday.
Another popular myth on where the name comes from is that because it is poisonous (Lycorine, Galantamine), eating it will take you to Higan (death). (Ironically, this "flower" has been eaten, mainly its bulbs, since its toxicity can be removed with rinsing. There is also a Chinese myths as such, overcoming a harsh winter with no food with Lycoris bulbs, as they had a supply only because many thought it was truly poisonous and avoided it. This is also why it can be called 悲願花, as you would only eat it during desperate times.) As it grows wild throughout Japan, there is said to be at least 1,000 variant names for it.

Also...

Most Koreans do not know this flower as it only grows wild in very small areas. Also they call it "相思華" there and its meaning is romantic, referring to the flower always being all flower or all leaves: "The flower thinks of the leaves, and the leaves think of the flower" = "I think of only you." I am not sure where you found those other symbolisms.

btw it's 花言葉 in Japanese - 花語 is Chinese.
Japanese -- "Passion," ”Independence," "Reunion," "Resignation," "Reincarnation," "Sad Memories," "I think of only you," "I look forward to the day I see you again."

Nothing wrong about being a Chinese set, especially with GMK Shanshui sort of starting a trend. (Also sorry but your novelties scream Chinese...)

Also, I will put that GMK Hinokoku is the most fail Japanese title for a keycap set so far (5 second Google translate > "Let's go!"), so you won't top that.

Offline boogiemochi

Such a beautiful yet sad story. Nice colour scheme btw  :-\

Offline Abel

I see that there is some effort in the research, it's all too amalgamated and muddled.

I am confused to as why you broke the myth up into three parts, even though they're all from the same Chinese myth. I also find it weird you put in Japanese terms in it, such as mixing a Shinto belief (Yomi) with a Buddhist belief (Sanzu river). (Your 40s/orthos Yomi and "jigoku no kawa" deskmat...)

Higan is a Buddhist holiday exclusively celebrated by Japanese sects during the Spring equinox (shunbun) and Autumnal equinox (shūbun), and the "Higanbana" name derives from that it blooms near the equinoctial week, rather than referencing the holiday.
Another popular myth on where the name comes from is that because it is poisonous (Lycorine, Galantamine), eating it will take you to Higan (death). (Ironically, this "flower" has been eaten, mainly its bulbs, since its toxicity can be removed with rinsing. There is also a Chinese myths as such, overcoming a harsh winter with no food with Lycoris bulbs, as they had a supply only because many thought it was truly poisonous and avoided it. This is also why it can be called 悲願花, as you would only eat it during desperate times.) As it grows wild throughout Japan, there is said to be at least 1,000 variant names for it.

Also...

Most Koreans do not know this flower as it only grows wild in very small areas. Also they call it "相思華" there and its meaning is romantic, referring to the flower always being all flower or all leaves: "The flower thinks of the leaves, and the leaves think of the flower" = "I think of only you." I am not sure where you found those other symbolisms.

Japanese -- "Passion," ”Independence," "Reunion," "Resignation," "Reincarnation," "Sad Memories," "I think of only you," "I look forward to the day I see you again."

Nothing wrong about being a Chinese set, especially with GMK Shanshui sort of starting a trend. (Also sorry but your novelties scream Chinese...)

Also, I will put that GMK Hinokoku is the most fail Japanese title for a keycap set so far (5 second Google translate > "Let's go!"), so you won't top that.

Finally, someone pointed out that google translate joke on 火の国

Offline shenshendei

Also...

I wonder why you'd use Japanese as sub? Why not cangjie?
Thank you for the detailed comment and filling us with more myths and stories!
About mixing the shinto belief and buddhist belief thing. I'm aiming to bring out the myth surrounding the flower only, Not aiming for having only shinto and buddhist belief. But thanks for pointing them out.

According to the little knowledge I possess, 彼岸花 is mostly used by the japanese, and I havent really heard of Chinese using them in funerals and stuff. So I decided to go with japanese. But since the set is about the flower. not the japanese. So I included most myths about it.

As for the korean part, after a slight research again on google, results has told me that "紅色彼岸花花語(韓國):分離、傷心、不吉祥、死亡之美". But if you're a native in korea(or heard from a native) and your comment is one of the symbolisms in korea. I'd gladly change them accordingly.

And yes, I do understand that 花語(hua yu)is chinese, 花言葉(hana kotoba) is japanese.
« Last Edit: Sun, 04 April 2021, 21:35:23 by shenshendei »

Offline shenshendei

Finally, someone pointed out that google translate joke on 火の国
Hono no koku is no more
hi no koku it has become
(well, no one knows which one [ひ/ほの]should be used anyways)
« Last Edit: Mon, 05 April 2021, 06:30:01 by shenshendei »

Offline TomatoMan

Lovely set!! I'm 100% in if there will be the chance to get black alt mods + alphas without having to spend 200 bucks!

Offline shenshendei

Re: 【IC】GMK Higanbana彼岸花 | JP Vendor update+ labels!
« Reply #69 on: Wed, 12 May 2021, 05:00:56 »
Oh boy, GMK Higanbana has been sleeping for quite a while, and finally there's updates!
GMK Higanbana has a Japanese vendor-----Basekeys!

Kit renders have updates as well! For alt mods kit and base kit, the keys over 1u are now labelled!

Collabs will be announced soon, so stay tuned
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 May 2021, 05:06:27 by shenshendei »

Offline LittleAad

• Hello
« Reply #70 on: Wed, 12 May 2021, 06:57:09 »
Welcome back shenshen! Looking forward to seeing updates for Higanbana.

Offline shenshendei

« Reply #71 on: Fri, 14 May 2021, 05:01:34 »
Welcome back shenshen! Looking forward to seeing updates for Higanbana.
:peepolove:

Offline shenshendei

Re: 【IC】GMK Higanbana彼岸花 | Collabs update!
« Reply #72 on: Fri, 14 May 2021, 05:02:36 »
Collabs announce is out bois!

If you cant wait to see the sweet sweet protos/images, hop into my discord server and see the hot juicy collab pics(hehe

Offline HungHingDaiLo

• 無間道
« Reply #73 on: Fri, 14 May 2021, 05:16:31 »
Hi, shenshen

Offline shenshendei

« Reply #74 on: Thu, 20 May 2021, 10:05:31 »

Offline UswordM

« Reply #75 on: Thu, 20 May 2021, 11:18:43 »
This set looks awesome, looking forward to the updates!

Offline matikow

« Reply #76 on: Fri, 04 June 2021, 03:44:06 »
Can't wait for the GB to start, looking forward to it!   :D
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 June 2021, 03:56:17 by matikow »

Offline ENG Studio

• Discord
« Reply #77 on: Fri, 04 June 2021, 05:29:33 »
Love the Chinese poetry here.

Sent from my Redmi K20 using Tapatalk

Offline shenshendei

« Reply #78 on: Sun, 06 June 2021, 03:15:08 »
Can't wait for the GB to start, looking forward to it!   :D

Love the Chinese poetry here.

Sent from my Redmi K20 using Tapatalk

Thankyouu :peepolove:

Offline shenshendei

« Reply #79 on: Sun, 06 June 2021, 03:15:52 »
This set looks awesome, looking forward to the updates!
speaking of updates, there are now proto pics of the wrist rest collab!(the special ones will be released soon)
« Last Edit: Sun, 06 June 2021, 03:18:52 by shenshendei »

Offline shenshendei

Re: 【IC】GMK Higanbana彼岸花 | GB Date update!
« Reply #80 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 09:51:58 »
Oh boi, updates incoming!

GB date is finally released!!!!!!

GB date: July 9th to August 9th

Offline TomatoMan

« Reply #81 on: Mon, 21 June 2021, 12:21:01 »
<3 this. In for mods + alphas + novelties for sure!!  :p

Offline shenshendei

« Reply #82 on: Fri, 25 June 2021, 12:17:12 »
As i know some are worried if the novelties can be done in doubleshot, weeks ago i have checked and fixed some of the novelties to fit the doubleshot requirements of GMK!
The novelty renders are now updated.

Offline shenshendei

Re: 【IC】GMK Higanbana彼岸花 | GB Date + collab sale dates update!
« Reply #83 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 12:54:38 »
Some collab sale/raffle dates have been updated!

Offline washwashtree

« Reply #84 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 13:50:16 »
Forcing the yellow legend numrow is a no from me dawg, good luck with the GB tho. If anyone wanted the actual base kit look it's going to cost them upwards of $200. Your also running this through a fairly new vendor who probably can't promise to buy out kits if there are any that need to be bought out. I appreciate the effort with this set but would be very careful running this many kit.

Offline shenshendei

« Reply #85 on: Tue, 06 July 2021, 03:18:46 »
Forcing the yellow legend numrow is a no from me dawg, good luck with the GB tho. If anyone wanted the actual base kit look it's going to cost them upwards of $200. Your also running this through a fairly new vendor who probably can't promise to buy out kits if there are any that need to be bought out. I appreciate the effort with this set but would be very careful running this many kit.

The kits have been showned and approved from vendors. And it shouldnt cause much problems imo.

As for yellow numrows, I do understand that it may not suit your tastes, but I believe its one of the elements that make this set stand out(representing its anthers and stuff), sticking close to Higanbana, after numerous revisions and thoughts, I've decided to keep it that way.

Offline shenshendei

Re: 【IC】GMK Higanbana彼岸花 | GB Date + MF sleeves selling now!
« Reply #86 on: Tue, 06 July 2021, 03:20:39 »
Mechfashion sleeve is now live! Order your sleeves from the link in gh post or here

Offline shenshendei

A bunch of collab proto pics have been updated as well, make sure to go to the Collaborations catagory and check them out!

Offline shenshendei

Offline SwirlCables

• * Vendor
  • Where Cables Meet End Game
    • SwirlCables - Custom Made Coiled Cables
love that red!  :eek:

Offline shenshendei

Offline shenshendei

Vendor sites are now all live! head over to the GB page to check it out!

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=113690

Offline DuellM

• Keyboard Fatty
Hi, where can I buy the Rama Keycap?

Offline Evasive

I believe any other vendor besides Vala supply will have them.

Offline DuellM

• Keyboard Fatty

I believe any other vendor besides Vala supply will have them.

Okay Cool. Thanks