Author Topic: Shine Through Keycaps  (Read 2343 times)

Offline keebtalk

Shine Through Keycaps
« on: Mon, 15 February 2021, 03:56:16 »
Know of any good places to find shine through keycaps sets?[/font]

I have a Drop CTRL board and would like to get a new keycaps set that are shine through so that I may still utilize the RBG animations.

Offline ddrfraser1

• RIP Neil
Re: Shine Through Keycaps
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 15 February 2021, 13:12:50 »
I feel like Drop has the best shine through keycaps. Mechanicalkeyboards.com and aliexpress may be able to help you out as well.

Offline Riverman

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 16 February 2021, 14:50:34 »
There's a brand of backlit PBT keycaps on Amazon called Tecware that sell for $19.99.  Some of the reviews say that they're identical to the Drop keycaps.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 01 June 2021, 05:39:10 »
Drop has lots of sets, but availability varies.

Look for Ducky backlit keycaps - they are very good, and probably available in a few places.

There's also Vortex keycaps, although some don't like the legends.

Searching by branch might help locate somewhere that has them in stock (if you'r still looking, this thread is getting a bit old now).
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ