Author Topic: [GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)  (Read 778052 times)

Offline demorior

Re: [GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)
« Reply #2500 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 17:54:11 »
Hello Yuktsi, please cancel my order #0407. Thanks, I have also pm'd you and emailed you.
gl

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #2501 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 17:56:38 »
Hello Yuktsi, please cancel my order #0407. Thanks, I have also pm'd you and emailed you.

lol

Offline canigetanipa

« Reply #2502 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 18:19:35 »
lol

Sorry, it's been over 1 year guys! : (

Offline Traveler

« Reply #2503 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 18:40:56 »

Curious, why cancel? I doubt you'll get your money back. There's a decent chance I'm wrong, but from my understanding they've pretty much used all of the money and are dipping into their own pockets now. So it's either cancel and walk away empty handed or leave things be and possibly (hopefully) get your keyboard.

Offline gutsack

« Reply #2504 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 18:49:16 »
The reason people are laughing is because you can't cancel anyway—that would require the GB runners ever check this thread again.

Offline fuzzbomb

« Reply #2505 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 07:21:07 »
lol

Several of us asked to cancel months ago, but they're not willing to refund anyone's money.

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #2506 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 10:43:44 »
lol

Several of us asked to cancel months ago, but they're not willing to refund anyone's money.

You gotta give him points for the confidence, even if it's delusional.

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #2507 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 11:14:52 »
The reason people are laughing is because you can't cancel anyway—that would require the GB runners ever check this thread again.

Yeah, it makes me wonder if we are some ancillary forum/thread, but the real information is being posted elsewhere.  Probably not, but this thread feels like a black hole that I fall into and hope I get shot out the other side with a keyboard waiting for me.

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #2508 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 11:19:29 »
We should start posting in the TGR-910 thread.  :eek:

Offline Data

« Reply #2509 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 11:28:43 »

I wouldn't advise "brigading" other threads with your concerns.  That's poor form.  But if it's the only way to get a response and some closure on our GB then they've left us with very little recourse.  Tough call.

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #2510 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 11:34:46 »

I wouldn't advise "brigading" other threads with your concerns.  That's poor form.  But if it's the only way to get a response and some closure on our GB then they've left us with very little recourse.  Tough call.

I wasn't seriously suggesting it (hence emoticon) but at the same time isn't ghosting us poor form as well?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #2511 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 11:37:20 »
Maybe if it was the GB runner, but not a partner/assistant. Jchan posting in M65-A but not Master Control Rebirth would be acceptable imo.

Offline canigetanipa

« Reply #2512 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 15:05:57 »
You gotta give him points for the confidence, even if it's delusional.

extra bonus 4 triggering? alright i'll just wait for the keyboard, dang!

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #2513 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 16:05:32 »
I really like the Cyrillic set in the OG Exent pictures but it's damn expensive...

Offline gnarlsagan

• Billions and billions... of keycaps.
« Reply #2514 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 16:32:56 »
Did anyone who had to update their address receive their order at their new address? My PayPal was updated with tracking on December 28th, and the tracking number doesn't show a result on sf-express.com anymore (in the past the tracking number showed that the shipment had been created but no activity had registered).

I updated my address through PMing juahenza last September, and he confirmed, but I'm wondering if they still sent my order to my old address, since that is the address listed on PayPal.

Obviously already PMed juahenza with my concerns, but he hasn't been active here since Feb 7th. Especially concerning since my order contains four Exents. Whoops.

Offline lzlzh035

« Reply #2515 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 19:07:02 »
I didn't received a tracking yet but changed my address months before. Really hope what you are worrying about wouldn't happen :-[

Offline gutsack

« Reply #2516 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 19:26:44 »
extra bonus 4 triggering? alright i'll just wait for the keyboard, dang!

Bonus lol since "never mind about the refund, I'll just wait for the board" has an equal response of "that would require the GB runners ever come back to this thread and fulfill remaining orders". :(

Offline gutsack

« Reply #2517 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 19:27:23 »
[...] Especially concerning since my order contains four Exents. Whoops.

pray for gnarlsagan

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #2518 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 19:48:27 »

pray for gnarlsagan

brutal....

Offline chromatically

« Reply #2519 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 20:00:58 »

pray for gnarlsagan

brutal....

My sf-express basic kit alu bottom hasn't moved since getting the tracking number and I'm also moving soon... I swear to god if it doesn't ship by then -_-

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #2520 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 20:48:34 »
Did anyone who had to update their address receive their order at their new address? My PayPal was updated with tracking on December 28th, and the tracking number doesn't show a result on sf-express.com anymore (in the past the tracking number showed that the shipment had been created but no activity had registered).

I updated my address through PMing juahenza last September, and he confirmed, but I'm wondering if they still sent my order to my old address, since that is the address listed on PayPal.

Obviously already PMed juahenza with my concerns, but he hasn't been active here since Feb 7th. Especially concerning since my order contains four Exents. Whoops.

I also have this issue.  My PayPal notice does show my old address, so I confirmed with Yuksti that he sent to my new address, and he did.  I'm guessing this is an artifact of the PayPal order having my old address associated with it.  I sent an e-mail to the seller and they confirmed they sent it to my new address.

Good Luck!

Offline Cerasis

« Reply #2521 on: Fri, 09 March 2018, 13:52:01 »
Just chiming in.

I double checked my tracking with yuktsi. They used a different AWB on mine. Mine has moved since 3/8.
Bantam44 | M0116 | Miuni32 | EXENT | Un-novatouch'd Novatouch to be fixed

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2522 on: Fri, 09 March 2018, 14:32:32 »
hey juahenza

hope all is great with you man

not sure how much this thread is being checked based on the chatter but if it is i was hoping i could grab an update on a couple orders from you guys

for my order, i cant remember if its being sent to me or jokrik, and is there any way to follow if this has shipped or not

secondly, i believe baldgyes board is shipping to me to be assembled, so same thing goes, any way to know if we are shipped yet or lost in transit

sorry to be a bother, im completely happy waiting i just know both of the above orders had address changes etc and im not sure if my email has been attached to either for me to have gotten a notification, hopefully all this hasnt been addressed somewhere obvious

anyway, thanks for all the hard work, excited to see these in person finally after all of your hard work comes to fruition
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Traveler

« Reply #2523 on: Fri, 09 March 2018, 15:31:28 »
hey juahenza

not sure how much this thread is being checked based on the chatter but if it is i was hoping i could grab an update on a couple orders from you guys

for my order, i cant remember if its being sent to me or jokrik, and is there any way to follow if this has shipped or not

secondly, i believe baldgyes board is shipping to me to be assembled, so same thing goes, any way to know if we are shipped yet or lost in transit

sorry to be a bother, im completely happy waiting i just know both of the above orders had address changes etc and im not sure if my email has been attached to either for me to have gotten a notification, hopefully all this hasnt been addressed somewhere obvious

anyway, thanks for all the hard work, excited to see these in person finally after all of your hard work comes to fruition

Your best bet for an answer would be to PM Yuktsi. Pretty sure Juahenza has decided to abandon geekhack altogether and never check it again (he might have even abandoned the entire project, who knows). Yuktsi has refused to answer anyone or update anything in this thread, but I've heard he's relatively helpful with PMs. Best of luck to you.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2524 on: Fri, 09 March 2018, 15:35:38 »
hey juahenza

Your best bet for an answer would be to PM Yuktsi. Pretty sure Juahenza has decided to abandon geekhack altogether and never check it again (he might have even abandoned the entire project, who knows). Yuktsi has refused to answer anyone or update anything in this thread, but I've heard he's relatively helpful with PMs. Best of luck to you.

Really appreciate the reply good sir

I’ll try and give both a gentle poke via means I have them added and if I get back any info that would be relevant to more than just myself I’ll be sure to report back here 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline meirish

« Reply #2525 on: Sat, 10 March 2018, 22:20:57 »

I had an address change and received my order at the new address (the paypal invoice still showed the old one). WRT sf-express and tracking numbers - I got the tracking number and the sf-express site showed nothing until 3 weeks later when it showed up and progressed through the system.

Offline GreyAmbience

• I can stop when ever I want
« Reply #2526 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 01:29:17 »
Please help, my Exent got bricked.

Does anyone know if it's possible to reset it?
Somehow my board got bricked from changing the USB port.
After disconnecting and connection my board it has totally stopped working (I just took out the USB cable and plugged it in an other port).

It blinks once on Caps Lock and Num lock when I plug it in but after that it does nothing and no leds turn on.

It comes up as Unknown USB Device in device manager and windows shows a message that tells me it is not working properly and it can not communicate with it.

Before it was bricked it was blinking sometimes and I couldn't write for a second or two, that's why I tried a new usb port.
« Last Edit: Sun, 11 March 2018, 04:50:33 by GreyAmbience »

Offline Traveler

« Reply #2527 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 12:28:10 »

After disconnecting and connection my board it has totally stopped working (I just took out the USB cable and plugged it in an other port).

It blinks once on Caps Lock and Num lock when I plug it in but after that it does nothing and no leds turn on.

It comes up as Unknown USB Device in device manager and windows shows a message that tells me it is not working properly and it can not communicate with it.

Before it was bricked it was blinking sometimes and I couldn't write for a second or two, that's why I tried a new usb port.

Dang, another PCB horror story. Is it possible that you have a bad solder joint? That's what happened to the last guy. Do you have another machine you can try, preferably with a different OS like macOS or Linux?

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #2528 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 12:46:22 »

Have you tried a different USB cable?

To me that sounds like connection issues. Maybe you worked the USB receptacle in the Exent out of place. Try a new cable, and if that doesn't work take a look at the USB plug on the PCB and see if there's any obvious damage to it. You know, broken solder joints, stuff like that.

I have a bum USB cable (that I'm not using anymore) that gave me pretty much the same symptoms.

I'm the "other PCB horror story" guy FYI. My problems were caused by a jumped connection somewhere due to sloppy soldering. I don't think you and I are dealing with the same things.
« Last Edit: Sun, 11 March 2018, 12:55:03 by PancakeMSTR »

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #2529 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 12:51:03 »

Have you tried a different USB cable?

To me that sounds like connection issues. Maybe you worked the USB receptacle in the Exent out of place. Try a new cable, and if that doesn't work take a look at the USB plug on the PCB and see if there's any obvious damage to it. You know, broken solder joints, stuff like that.

I tried different cables and different PC's. Same problem at all situations. I can't see any obvious damage to the USB port on the board, but I can't see it that well because of the plate. I can't remove the plate without desoldering all the switches. Also I have a small USB hub on my desk, and when I changed ports it was on my PC, I didn't touch the boards port.

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #2530 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 12:54:33 »

Dang, another PCB horror story. Is it possible that you have a bad solder joint? That's what happened to the last guy. Do you have another machine you can try, preferably with a different OS like macOS or Linux?

How did the other guy fix it?

I tried different cables and different PC's. Same problem at all situations. I can't see any obvious damage to the USB port on the board, but I can't see it that well because of the plate. I can't remove the plate without desoldering all the switches. Also I have a small USB hub on my desk, and when I changed ports it was on my PC, I didn't touch the boards port.

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #2531 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 12:59:33 »

I'm the other guy, as I said previously (in an edit). I "fixed" it by desoldering the entire board. For the second time. I needed to replace a few parts and it ended up needing a complete desolder. So I did that, and then started experiencing problems while I was soldering the switches back into the board. So I gave up and took the switches out again and the PCB somehow fixed itself. Don't look at me.

But I was getting different symptoms. I was getting power and pressing keys even worked, kind of. Basically, it was like my PCB was stuck in bootloader mode I think?

So you're gonna need to start by taking keyboard apart and uploading a picture of the PCB. Don't take out the switches yet, though.

Maybe, though don't quote my cause I'm not electricamicalenginerdo, maybe when you unplugged the USB cable you fried something. What kind of electronics tools do you have? Do you have an oscilloscope and/or a voltmeter?
« Last Edit: Sun, 11 March 2018, 13:01:11 by PancakeMSTR »

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #2532 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 13:12:51 »

I'm the other guy, as I said previously (in an edit). I "fixed" it by desoldering the entire board. For the second time. I needed to replace a few parts and it ended up needing a complete desolder. So I did that, and then started experiencing problems while I was soldering the switches back into the board. So I gave up and took the switches out again and the PCB somehow fixed itself. Don't look at me.

But I was getting different symptoms. I was getting power and pressing keys even worked, kind of. Basically, it was like my PCB was stuck in bootloader mode I think?

So you're gonna need to start by taking keyboard apart and uploading a picture of the PCB. Don't take out the switches yet, though.

Maybe, though don't quote my cause I'm not electricamicalenginerdo, maybe when you unplugged the USB cable you fried something. What kind of electronics tools do you have? Do you have an oscilloscope and/or a voltmeter?
I can get a hold of most tools I think. When you say a picture of the pcb, you mean this?:

Tapatalk is making it blurry, here's the full rez: https://i.imgur.com/DQhEuzv.jpg

So there's no reset switch or anything?
« Last Edit: Sun, 11 March 2018, 13:14:43 by GreyAmbience »

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #2533 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 13:19:23 »
Here's my suggestion: Post in the TGR910 thread, Yuktsi is responding there.

Before anyone lights me up, the EXENT PCB is the TGR910 PCB. Just the solder mask and silkscreen are different. The EXENT has the same top side RGB mount location the TGR910 does.

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #2534 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 13:30:02 »

Before anyone lights me up, the EXENT PCB is the TGR910 PCB. Just the solder mask and silkscreen are different. The EXENT has the same top side RGB mount location the TGR910 does.

I'm on your side about this. Yuktsi told me as much in a PM that the PCBs are identical.

I would also maybe make a separate thread in the workshop/making stuff together or whatever forum, and also try looking through the "PCB design" thread or whatever to see if he can get an idea of what should be working but isn't.

Also PM Yuktsi directly, not that I think that will be terrible  useful. He did tell me, though, that if it came to that he would sell me a new PCB. Given the way this project is I wouldn't put too much faith in that prospect though.

I'm sorry dude, as for your PCB picture I can't see anything obvious, aside from some cold solder joins on LEDs. The solder on the switch terminals also look dangerously close to their respective diodes in some places, but if it was working before hand I don't know how likely it is one of these is what's causing problems.

I guess what I would do is seeing if I could backtrace the continuity from the USB plug to...somewhere else on the board. I might also see what signals things are getting on a functional keyboard and compare those with what's going on with your exent.

I really feel for you, and I wish I could do more. I've gone through this multiple times now where I've had PCB issues and haven't really gotten, I dunno, the best help from posting online. In every case I've ended up in one way or another finding the fix myself, usually from blind luck.

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #2535 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 14:15:37 »

I'm on your side about this. Yuktsi told me as much in a PM that the PCBs are identical.

I would also maybe make a separate thread in the workshop/making stuff together or whatever forum, and also try looking through the "PCB design" thread or whatever to see if he can get an idea of what should be working but isn't.

Also PM Yuktsi directly, not that I think that will be terrible  useful. He did tell me, though, that if it came to that he would sell me a new PCB. Given the way this project is I wouldn't put too much faith in that prospect though.

I'm sorry dude, as for your PCB picture I can't see anything obvious, aside from some cold solder joins on LEDs. The solder on the switch terminals also look dangerously close to their respective diodes in some places, but if it was working before hand I don't know how likely it is one of these is what's causing problems.

I guess what I would do is seeing if I could backtrace the continuity from the USB plug to...somewhere else on the board. I might also see what signals things are getting on a functional keyboard and compare those with what's going on with your exent.

I really feel for you, and I wish I could do more. I've gone through this multiple times now where I've had PCB issues and haven't really gotten, I dunno, the best help from posting online. In every case I've ended up in one way or another finding the fix myself, usually from blind luck.
Thanks a lot dude, I appreciate it. It's a bad feeling having a broken piece of hardware, especially when it's so unique.
I do think this issue is software related though, since it started from switching USB ports on my motherboard. I don't think that can fry any of the components.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #2536 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 14:18:29 »
Oh and by the way, does your caps lock blink at first when you connect the board?

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #2537 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 16:08:06 »
Oh and by the way, does your caps lock blink at first when you connect the board?

I dunno I don't have a caps lock light?

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #2538 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 16:22:59 »

Okay I made a little progress, if I hold pgn up and backspace when I connect the board windows makes a sound as it's connected (not at the ps2avrGB but still as something) and the board starts blinking like this:
https://i.imgur.com/Den3BdY.gifv (gif)

I tried to flash the firmware when it was blinking like that, and it actually does it, and then it restarts the board and I am back where I started. Nothing works and no lights on.
« Last Edit: Sun, 11 March 2018, 16:26:40 by GreyAmbience »

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #2539 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 16:23:39 »

Okay I made a little progress, if I hold pgn up and backspace when I connect the board windows makes a sound as it's connected (not at the ps2avrGB but still as something) and the board starts blinking like this:
Show Image

I tried to flash the firmware when it was blinking like that, and it actually does it, and then it restarts the board and I am back where I started. Nothing works and no lights on.

I think that's Morse code for "save me".

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #2540 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 16:36:40 »

Show Image

****ing weird. Have you tried holding LCRTL when plugging it in? That's the go into bootmapper button.

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #2541 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 16:45:05 »

Show Image

****ing weird. Have you tried holding LCRTL when plugging it in? That's the go into bootmapper button.
That does nothing.
I can press page down and backspace then it's shows as "HIDboot" and blinks like that gif. Then I can flash the firmware and it starts blinking slow in a steady rhythm, when it's finished it disconnects and reconnect as unknown USB device
« Last Edit: Sun, 11 March 2018, 17:04:49 by GreyAmbience »

Offline ctzn_voyager

« Reply #2542 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 19:36:06 »
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills even asking this... but has anyone else with an alu bottom still not received their tracking? To echo bunny's sentiment, I'm fine continuing to be patient, but I'd love a heads up on status of any kind.

Feel like shouting into a black hole at this point.

Offline ricyuyc

« Reply #2543 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 19:49:28 »
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills even asking this... but has anyone else with an alu bottom still not received their tracking? To echo bunny's sentiment, I'm fine continuing to be patient, but I'd love a heads up on status of any kind.

Yes, same here.  :(

Offline Cerasis

« Reply #2544 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 20:28:20 »

PM yuktsi? I paid mine through a friend's pp so i'm not able to get the tracking from the email, he was kind enough to give mine, even after the tracking number was changed since a different one was used.

Offline gutsack

« Reply #2545 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 20:32:13 »
PM yuktsi?

The number of Exent PMs Yuktsi has ignored greatly outnumbers the total count of shipped Exents.

Offline sethbc

« Reply #2546 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 20:33:43 »

yeah would love to get an update...have a premium with alu bottom and haven't heard anything.

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #2547 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 20:34:57 »
like shouting into a black hole at this point.

Looks like they might just show up without tracking ever updating. I assume the shipping company just failed to input/update as it was in route.

I had an address change and received my order at the new address (the paypal invoice still showed the old one). WRT sf-express and tracking numbers - I got the tracking number and the sf-express site showed nothing until 3 weeks later when it showed up and progressed through the system.

Offline Cerasis

« Reply #2548 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 20:56:00 »
PM yuktsi?

The number of Exent PMs Yuktsi has ignored greatly outnumbers the total count of shipped Exents.

That is quite weird. I've had a number of exchanges with him, and usually replies within a couple days. Mostly from asking about my stuff and with the delays.

And i reiterate that if you got a tracking number and it hasn't been moving since forever it could be that a different airway bill was used, leading to your tracking totally not registering, but ultimately end up being shipped already. Which has happened to me, thus the PMs between me and him.

Offline gumeraser

« Reply #2549 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 21:43:28 »

Mod edit: Don't spread misleading comments without evidence to back it up.
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 March 2018, 08:30:06 by Signature »