Author Topic: What's your smartphone ?  (Read 141357 times)

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
Re: Re: What's your smartphone ?
« Reply #200 on: Fri, 15 March 2013, 01:20:10 »
can't get away from my iphones!  Thinking about trading for a galaxy note though.

Do it! I have a SGNote2 and it's amazing!

Saigon Note 2? Sweet!

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
Re: What's your smartphone ?
« Reply #201 on: Fri, 15 March 2013, 01:22:33 »
I think my next phone is going to be WP8 based.  The galaxy s4 may change my mind (I've had all of the different galaxy generations at one point or another), but right now I'm liking the metro interface.

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
« Reply #202 on: Fri, 15 March 2013, 02:34:46 »
S4 is sexy but if you do get to know the W8 interface please do let use know how you like it.

I like Android because of the ability to root it and organized files through a file browser.

Don't know how flexible the Windows UI is.

I tried the new BlackBerry. I not sure what the name of it is but it's functionality seems quite efficient.
I think it is called the z(something)
SmallFry! <3

Offline Glenn315

• Hey
« Reply #203 on: Fri, 15 March 2013, 13:02:51 »
I'm using the Samsung Galaxy Note 2.

Offline naokira

• The King in the North
« Reply #204 on: Fri, 15 March 2013, 13:12:19 »
Blackberry 9900  :D
but im currently using my girlfriend's Nexus 4. cool phone!

Looking forward for the qwert BB10 this july  :cool:
FaceW in LZ-CE

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #205 on: Mon, 18 March 2013, 00:05:13 »
I have a Nokia 700 I bought for $150 new, it has the best navigation software and maps that do not require internet service to work. It has taken us to Atlanta, Chicago and Indianapolis without a problem. Telephony is still a strong point of the Finns. Yea, I know it is not an iphone, but it is an awesome phone, Why bother buying a GPS if I can buy a phone with maps and their actualization for life.

Offline Neal

« Reply #206 on: Mon, 18 March 2013, 17:44:35 »
iPhone 5, I've had iPhones since the first once as released and just never really changed.
Didn't have every single one, but the major ones. 1/3G/4/5

I'm not a man of change.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #207 on: Tue, 19 March 2013, 15:25:28 »
LG Optimus S.  Not exactly my favorite phone, but hey, it's a smart phone.

Offline Skull_Angel

« Reply #208 on: Tue, 19 March 2013, 17:34:55 »
Currently running SGN2 on stock TW, but before that I was on a Moto D2G running AngelROM; earlier phones include Motorola SLVR and a few Nokia something or others from 2000 (thoes things were tanks!).

I have to say the Note 2 may be a bit big (would have preferred something closer to 5" screen), but is amazing for battery life. I've had it go for over a week w/o recharge with minimal use on wifi (20 min ~1 hr internet use daily), some light gaming and texting now and again.

Offline dimamantra

• | (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
« Reply #209 on: Tue, 19 March 2013, 18:23:53 »
What do you guys think of the new Galaxy S4? Looks pretty good. I am between that and the new Nexus when they announce that.

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
« Reply #210 on: Thu, 21 March 2013, 03:49:12 »
I love TouchWiz.
SmallFry! <3

Offline Skull_Angel

« Reply #211 on: Thu, 21 March 2013, 04:11:54 »
I love TouchWiz.

From what I've heard it use to be a nightmare pre-4.1, but I've had no real reason to root/rom my stock SGN2 I think it's more than fine after changing some basic user settings.

Offline codymaust

« Reply #212 on: Fri, 22 March 2013, 17:47:40 »
I'm between the S4 and Note2, but I think I am going for the Note

Offline Glissant

« Reply #213 on: Fri, 22 March 2013, 18:18:44 »
codymaust, have you held the phones? I suggest you try them out before you decide :).

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #214 on: Fri, 22 March 2013, 18:25:45 »
codymaust, have you held the phones? I suggest you try them out before you decide :).

But the they'll have to wait a month until the S4 is released lol. I'd suggest the note 2 (720/quad core Exynos is fine), but this is coming from someone who predominantly uses phones with two hands except for phone calls.
« Last Edit: Fri, 22 March 2013, 18:27:18 by Jocelyn »

Offline MarkPharaoh

« Reply #215 on: Fri, 22 March 2013, 18:27:04 »
Currently have a Gnex and a SGSIII running AOKP. All announced phones are quite boring, but I think I'll migrate to the HTC One when it's released.
Current: HHKB Pro 2, 87u 55g 10AE, FC600C, Model M 1391401

Offline Glissant

« Reply #216 on: Fri, 22 March 2013, 18:37:07 »

But the they'll have to wait a month until the S4 is released lol. I'd suggest the note 2 (720/quad core Exynos is fine), but this is coming from someone who predominantly uses phones with two hands except for phone calls.

I use two hands a lot of the time as I find that most comfortable too, but the Note2 was a lot bigger than I thought it would be. So I went with the S3 instead of the Note2. I am extremely happy I did because the S3 is an awesome phone. I might get the note3 if that ever comes out though :D. I'm a phone slut.

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #217 on: Fri, 22 March 2013, 18:40:45 »
I use two hands a lot of the time as I find that most comfortable too, but the Note2 was a lot bigger than I thought it would be. So I went with the S3 instead of the Note2. I am extremely happy I did because the S3 is an awesome phone. I might get the note3 if that ever comes out though :D. I'm a phone slut.

My mom and I both have a SGNote2 and we both think the S3 looks like a toy lol.
The Note3 will probably be bigger (Yikes) and I consider myself more of a Samsung wh*** than a phone slut lol

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
What's your smartphone ?
« Reply #218 on: Fri, 22 March 2013, 18:45:22 »

My mom and I both have a SGNote2 and we both think the S3 looks like a toy lol.
The Note3 will probably be bigger (Yikes) and I consider myself more of a Samsung wh*** than a phone slut lol

I thought you must work for Samsung or something...

:)
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #219 on: Fri, 22 March 2013, 18:52:38 »
I thought you must work for Samsung or something...

:)

No, I actually do pro bono kind of stuff on the side, hence me tapatalking on GH allllllllllll the time lol. I'm simply good friends with someone who works for them :)

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #220 on: Fri, 22 March 2013, 18:56:07 »
Is **** more of a curse word than slut?

Offline Skull_Angel

« Reply #221 on: Fri, 22 March 2013, 20:03:12 »
I've medium-smallish hands for a male and can 1-hand the Note 2 easily. It's much easier with TPU case on it for decent grip, but if you cradle it in your fingers at the second index+middle knuckle it's easy.

Offline dimamantra

• | (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
« Reply #222 on: Sat, 23 March 2013, 13:22:28 »
So what do you guys think about the new Galaxy S4?

I got a pretty big tech boner when I was reading about it.

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #223 on: Sat, 23 March 2013, 13:28:27 »
So what do you guys think about the new Galaxy S4?

I got a pretty big tech boner when I was reading about it.

Too small, looks like a toy, will wait for N3 :)

Offline Glissant

« Reply #224 on: Sat, 23 March 2013, 13:39:35 »
The phone specs are nice enough. It will surely be a greatly modified and developed phone like the S3. I like the way the S4 and S3 looks.

Offline iri

(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Henkers

• Youtube
« Reply #226 on: Sun, 24 March 2013, 14:13:26 »
I have a Galaxy S2, and honestly I think it has all i'll ever need from a smartphone. I can't imagine an extra $100+ will change much because it runs well and has all the apps I need.

Offline Piro

« Reply #227 on: Mon, 25 March 2013, 17:45:23 »
Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD. Imported it to the UK because I want to buy the most well balanced device. Give me that giant battery any day..

Sadly it's Verizon, bootloader locked therefore, but rooted with an exploit that involves downgrading to ICS, rooting and upgrading to Jelly Bean again. Then I used good old Titanium Backup to make quick work of all the bloatware.

Previously: HTC Desire HD, actually, still have it, works fine. HTC Magic: just not enough RAM, CPU was overwhelmed. Sony Ericsson P990 - a fun device at the time, still works, still have it. P900 - felt cutting edge at the time! I could play Monkey Island on SCUMMVM with that good old resistive touchscreen precision! Before that, one dumbphone, a Mitsubishi Trium Astral, that's it.
« Last Edit: Mon, 25 March 2013, 17:48:09 by Piro »

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #228 on: Mon, 25 March 2013, 23:07:02 »
P900 - felt cutting edge at the time! I could play Monkey Island on SCUMMVM with that good old resistive touchscreen precision!

Brings back memories. I really wanted one at the time, only the UIQ was far from perfect. This and Nokia 6600. I wish someone made a modern phone with exactly the same shape as the 6600, it had perfect grip.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #229 on: Tue, 02 April 2013, 11:45:32 »
I've got a Droid Razr Maxx HD....

I really like it however I kind of wish I could have waited but my phone died and it seemed like the best option at the time.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #230 on: Tue, 02 April 2013, 12:46:48 »
Motorola says they're going to stop making so many phones and focus on high quality ones. Makes fifteen versions of the same phone.

Offline adigaforever

« Reply #231 on: Tue, 02 April 2013, 16:19:44 »
I wish I had a friend or leaved in the US, I would have bought a Nexus 4 at 300$
The price difference between here and the US is 220$ -.-

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #232 on: Tue, 02 April 2013, 16:31:13 »
I wish I had a friend or leaved in the US, I would have bought a Nexus 4 at 300$
The price difference between here and the US is 220$ -.-

http://negrielectronics.com/lg-e960-nexus-4-8gb-unlocked-black.html

Offline tinlong117

« Reply #233 on: Tue, 02 April 2013, 23:10:13 »
Blackberry 9900. Going to get a blackberry Q10 or iPhone 5

Offline Nask

« Reply #234 on: Wed, 03 April 2013, 03:20:35 »
Actually Lumia 800, should receive a HTC 8S, but I'm very interested in the future Motorola Phone and Nexus 5.
Keyboards: IBM SSK | Noppoo Choc Mini MX-Blue | PLU ML-87 MX-Brown | CM QFR Mx-Red | CM Novatouch

Offline Joxx

« Reply #235 on: Wed, 03 April 2013, 08:10:30 »
Currently using an Iphone 4. Patiently waiting for it to break to finally replace it lol.
Ducky 9087 MX Brown | Blackwidow  MX Blue  | CM TK MX Red | Looking for a QFR MX Blue!

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #236 on: Wed, 03 April 2013, 08:13:12 »
^Just hold it with uncertain hands. It won't be long

Offline Joxx

« Reply #237 on: Wed, 03 April 2013, 08:21:24 »
Lol, actually, I've dropped it quite a number of times and it's still rocking like a brand new phone, no scratch or anything.
Ducky 9087 MX Brown | Blackwidow  MX Blue  | CM TK MX Red | Looking for a QFR MX Blue!

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
« Reply #238 on: Wed, 03 April 2013, 23:10:02 »
Damn 4g isnt working... I dont think it is my ROM... Damnit T-mobile!!!
SmallFry! <3

Offline flacman

• I have oneness with cup rubber
« Reply #239 on: Sun, 21 April 2013, 02:17:54 »
I think phones ought to get smaller - big screens are great for viewing content, but unless you have long/big fingers, you can't really use them one handed. I can use my father's iPhone 5 using my right-hand, but my Nexus 4 more than often requires two hands to position it properly.

I actually kind of miss the smaller 3.7" form factor on my old HTC Desire.
HHKB Pro 2 | Realforce 87U 55g | Realforce RGB | RAMA Kara

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #240 on: Sun, 21 April 2013, 02:20:00 »
I think phones ought to get smaller - big screens are great for viewing content, but unless you have long/big fingers, you can't really use them one handed. I can use my father's iPhone 5 using my right-hand, but my Nexus 4 more than often requires two hands to position it properly.

I actually kind of miss the smaller 3.7" form factor on my old HTC Desire.

I used phones with two hands even when they were 3.7"-4" and I don't see them getting smaller anytime soon :)

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #241 on: Sun, 21 April 2013, 02:30:36 »
Honestly, a smaller screen is suited for Android. iPhone has stupid buttons at the very top of the screen. Why? If they had them at the bottom, it'd be more reasonable for them to say 3.5" is a good size.

Offline flacman

• I have oneness with cup rubber
« Reply #242 on: Sun, 21 April 2013, 02:43:59 »
Honestly, a smaller screen is suited for Android. iPhone has stupid buttons at the very top of the screen. Why? If they had them at the bottom, it'd be more reasonable for them to say 3.5" is a good size.

Maybe 3.5" is good because I remember Apple saying how it's one palm span and therefore easy to reach for most people - but I think it's too small for a touchscreen phone. The current trend for mainstream market phone to get larger is annoying me; things like the Galaxy S 4 getting to the 5" zone. I personally think 4.7" is pretty much the sweet spot, any more is just appealing to a niche who likes giant screens (buy a Galaxy Note 8.0 then).

In any case, anyone here tried the Blackberry 10 keyboard? It is amazeballs.
HHKB Pro 2 | Realforce 87U 55g | Realforce RGB | RAMA Kara

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #243 on: Sun, 21 April 2013, 02:47:14 »
They said 3.5" is good for onehanded use, but I have big hands, and I just find it awkward. Maybe it's usable, but not ergonomic. Truthfully, I think the whole OS sucks. Maybe that's where my dislike is coming from. But the buttons to go back and forth would've been better suited at the bottom. Now, when we're getting to bigger screens, with Android, it makes sense. I can use one hand, and because of things like gestures and buttons on the bottom, it's easy to use onehanded even for a big screen.

Offline labtexc

« Reply #244 on: Sun, 21 April 2013, 08:53:02 »
Currently using an Google Nexus 4 with CM 10.1 (nightly builds)  ;D

Offline ping111

« Reply #245 on: Sun, 21 April 2013, 09:57:16 »
HTC Desire, but call me capitalist.  Why?  Because I want an iPhone 5, even though I'm ridding myself of a MacBook Pro as soon as it breaks.
In My Possession:
Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 Mechanical Keyboard - Cherry MX Brown - Blue LED Backlighting
Wanted:
KBTalking PURE - Tenkeyless - Cherry MX Brown - Green LED Backlighting

Offline Bencze

« Reply #246 on: Sun, 21 April 2013, 14:55:09 »
I use an SGS3, a bit too big agree but it's comfortable for content. I think an SGS4 would be fine with its 5" screen as it's physically same size (bit smaller) than the 3. I find my old sgs quite comfortable for 1 hand use, maybe 4" is the best for me ergonomically...
Looked at iphone and win phones but they do seem kind of boring. I did not like a lot of the default stuff so froze some default system apps, changed launcher and the grid layout on home screen etc. so I can have a huge calendar widget ;)
-= QFR w/ mx blues - HPE87 w/ mx browns - Ducky 1087XM w/ green alps =-

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #247 on: Sun, 21 April 2013, 18:11:23 »
I run a cell phone related chat forum (and participate on several), and it seems like there is two camps forming.
One group who want larger screens (up to 6 and 7in!) and a second who feel that a screen size of around 4 inches is perfect.

The second group is gaining momentum and manufacturers are slowly starting to take note. Unfortunately, while they are starting to consider 4inch screens again, they still only want their high end phones to have larger screens.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #248 on: Sun, 21 April 2013, 18:13:53 »
Unfortunately, while they are starting to consider 4inch screens again, they still only want their high end phones to have larger screens.

Samsung Mega (lol) 5.8" and 6.3" are both bigger than the Note II and come with mediocre internals.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #249 on: Sun, 21 April 2013, 19:04:05 »
Unfortunately, while they are starting to consider 4inch screens again, they still only want their high end phones to have larger screens.

Samsung Mega (lol) 5.8" and 6.3" are both bigger than the Note II and come with mediocre internals.
Yes, but you can find large phones with high end parts, you cannot find a 4 with high end parts. Almost all high end is over 4.5 and rising.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion