Author Topic: Welcome new members!  (Read 793218 times)

Offline Mandolin

• Crystal Connoisseur
  • * Maker
Re: Welcome new members!
« Reply #150 on: Sun, 18 August 2013, 16:34:01 »
I sell a whole bunch of stuff, on eBay and outside, and I do not advertirse my sales on the forum or interact posts that talk about them anymore. Keyboard related or not.

I'm totally guilty of pricing my awesome items high, but never have had scammed anybody.
« Last Edit: Sun, 18 August 2013, 16:50:06 by Mandolin »
Artisan keycap Maker
Working on
More
- Custom keycaps
- Artkeycaps V2 sale
- Due chihuahua and demoncat orders
- Boobiecaps
- Optic fiber embedded keycaps
- Others

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #151 on: Sun, 18 August 2013, 22:42:00 »
So I figured that I should now get my own log in....so Mama to Small Fry = Mama_Fry? Well, I couldn't think of anything else, so it seemed good for now. Not that I am going to know what any of you are talking about, but I wanted everyone to know that if ever you want to know or talk about Small Fry, I am here and am willing to talk about him. Just let me know. Thank you for all your continued support. It means so much to our family!

Mama Fry

Welcome to Geekhack!

Hope you enjoy your stay :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Mama_Fry

• Mama's Coming for You All! HA!
« Reply #152 on: Mon, 19 August 2013, 22:08:33 »
I am Mama Fry....Mama to Small Fry. I don't know what interest I have in keyboards, except to type on them and chat with all of Small Fry's friends and hear stories about him and things of that nature. Thank you all for your continued support. You will never know how comforting it is!

Peace,

Mama
Mama

Offline linziyi

• The one with many questions
« Reply #153 on: Mon, 19 August 2013, 22:11:25 »
Welcome! We hope you enjoy your stay!
Ducky DK9008G2 Pro

"Much to learn you still have" --Yoda

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #154 on: Tue, 20 August 2013, 06:43:18 »
I am Mama Fry....Mama to Small Fry. I don't know what interest I have in keyboards, except to type on them and chat with all of Small Fry's friends and hear stories about him and things of that nature. Thank you all for your continued support. You will never know how comforting it is!

Peace,

Mama

Just wanted to say I love your avatar!!!

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #155 on: Tue, 20 August 2013, 12:14:58 »

Peace,

Mama

SmallFry was always ready to help. It was great knowing that I could ask him simple questions that I didn't know. Before his passing, he was going to help me program my Phantom... we never got to do that.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #156 on: Tue, 20 August 2013, 12:18:42 »

Peace,

Mama

SmallFry was always ready to help. It was great knowing that I could ask him simple questions that I didn't know. Before his passing, he was going to help me program my Phantom... we never got to do that.

^^ He and I were discussing phantom programming as well!

Offline Mama_Fry

• Mama's Coming for You All! HA!
« Reply #157 on: Tue, 20 August 2013, 12:57:14 »
Sorry I don't know anything about any of that, but you could ask Papa Fry when he gets his account set up....he might know that stuff!

Mama
Mama

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #158 on: Tue, 20 August 2013, 14:07:17 »
I was just merely throwing out how helpful he was, and how quick he was to be so. There are threads documenting exactly that, but he was willing to make it easy for me instead by helping.

Offline Obakemono

« Reply #159 on: Wed, 21 August 2013, 17:41:24 »
Just saying hi a bit late :p

Offline YeXZ

« Reply #160 on: Thu, 22 August 2013, 15:26:09 »
Hi all. I'm new here hope to get the help i need xD.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #161 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 01:23:12 »

Hello my name is CommonCurt. I signed up a few days ago and have been learning some stuff from reading the forum. I bought my first mech keyboard a month ago, and now I own three of them. They are for sure addictive. I get the 60 posts thing, but I was wondering can we participate in group buys from the start? Just thought I would say hi and introduce myself.

~ CommonCurt
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 August 2013, 01:25:07 by CommonCurt »
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Sai

« Reply #162 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 02:36:20 »

Hello my name is CommonCurt. I signed up a few days ago and have been learning some stuff from reading the forum. I bought my first mech keyboard a month ago, and now I own three of them. They are for sure addictive. I get the 60 posts thing, but I was wondering can we participate in group buys from the start? Just thought I would say hi and introduce myself.

~ CommonCurt

sure you can participate in groupbuy. just prepare your wallet.  :thumb:
- WTB/WTT - Cotton Candy Brobot V2

Offline devilockz

« Reply #163 on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 01:56:57 »
i can't read through every single post, so i post this. may i know where can i get those printable key caps map so that i can organize them nice before install to keyboard?

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #164 on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 20:33:26 »
Hey, how come my introduction doesn't count as a post? LOL
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #165 on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 20:44:19 »

sure you can participate in groupbuy. just prepare your wallet.  :thumb:
[/quote]

I have been looking for some Black with Blue font thick PBT caps. Have you ever seen any on here?
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline TheeCOoon

« Reply #166 on: Thu, 29 August 2013, 23:10:18 »
Well Thanks!@!@!@!~

My wallet is crying ATM

Offline oscillik

• music podcasts
« Reply #167 on: Fri, 30 August 2013, 13:00:22 »
glad to have the help here! hopefully I can contribute something useful here, this place has certainly been very useful for me!
Keymacs A620N-Rev.A with Alps SKCM Salmon switches

Offline thegnu

« Reply #168 on: Mon, 02 September 2013, 14:29:02 »
so i'm not exactly new, but i figured i would introduce myself (again? i dunno), since i don't know when exactly i stopped being able to make new posts in classifieds due to my low post count.  it's been a while since i've been back.

anyway, i'm a musician studying in miami.  i've got a filco majestouch tkl with PBT thick cherry profile keycaps grey/blue and some custom keycaps for the lulz.  anyway, i'm going to go see if i can sell my **** on ebay, lol.  cheers.

Offline 1771

« Reply #169 on: Wed, 11 September 2013, 17:02:32 »
Hi! I heard greekhack in China, and this is my 3rd week in the USA. I love this country, I love keyboard, especially the keycaps !!

Offline BlueWhale

• Nan[A]
« Reply #170 on: Sat, 14 September 2013, 08:54:27 »
hi, newcomer here. i love mechanical keyboard so much. i owned White FC700R and grey KBT Oni. i love spending money on set of keycaps. i heard geekhack from friend.
Current board : Leopold FC700R

Future board : Custom 60% or 87 board, PFU HHKB Pro 2 (soon)

Offline rowie

« Reply #171 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 07:23:04 »
Hello! I just bought my first vintage model M keyboard (1390120)! I'm so excited and hope to learn more about the IBM model M series.  I got very lucky as I thought I'd never be able to stumble on one for sale. I guess I should "never say never again." I hope to learn from this awesome community.

Offline slobo

• Overly shy, Trackball enthousiast
« Reply #172 on: Wed, 18 September 2013, 10:39:22 »
Hi folks :), new member since yesterday. Is there a place where it is tolerated to ask for help to choose a mechanical keyboard? I don't want to post in the wrong forum sub-section.

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #173 on: Fri, 20 September 2013, 20:23:08 »
Hello Everyone!

I currently don't own a mech, but I am buying a full size white backlit mech in around 2 weeks. My wasd sampler is coming tomorrow, and I can't wait to pick a switch for my typing and some gaming needs.

Can't wait for the fun!   :p

Offline kbmax400

« Reply #174 on: Sun, 06 October 2013, 18:14:21 »
Hello, all, fresh noobie, here. Have a few dead and live keyboards and was pondering what to do with them and lo, here I am....

Offline xuanwumen

• * Commercial Vendor
    • EZKB
« Reply #175 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 20:17:39 »
Hello,Everybody

I'm totally new to this family from China. I came to know mechanical keyboards by chance and i was shocked to know keyboards could be that expensive....

Now i got to know little more about it and especially after reading posts here, i find it is common and happy for fans to empty their pocket for their beloved boards.

Why not.....

Finally thanks to this platform for me to learn more about mechanical keyboards.

NIZ KEYBOARDS VENDOR

Offline iri

« Reply #176 on: Sun, 27 October 2013, 04:44:44 »
welcome to the wallethack, xuanwumen! it seems you haven't discovered "clack sales" yet.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #177 on: Tue, 29 October 2013, 01:14:55 »
Thank you for the great welcome! :) I have already spent 14 hours researching as much as I could for the day and have already spent a lot of $$$

Thanks! I look forward to everything I learn! Oh and Group Buys! :D

Offline n0rdlad

« Reply #178 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 04:07:00 »
Hello everyone!! Happy Halloween from Australia!  ^-^
- Filco MJ2 104 MX Brown -

Offline WinterIsle

« Reply #179 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 23:00:08 »
Hi, I'm new to GH :)

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #180 on: Sat, 02 November 2013, 22:51:20 »
Sooooo... The more I look at Keyboards the more I fall in love with them! This hobby is becoming amazing!  ;D ;D ;D ;) ;)

Offline n0rdlad

« Reply #181 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 06:22:30 »
Sooooo... The more I look at Keyboards the more I fall in love with them! This hobby is becoming amazing!  ;D ;D ;D ;) ;)

Totally!! My gf thinks im nuts though lol.
- Filco MJ2 104 MX Brown -

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #182 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 13:55:37 »

Totally!! My gf thinks im nuts though lol.

haha same here!

Offline DelKey

« Reply #183 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 07:29:18 »
Hello everyone. I've been lurking silently, absorbing, learning, and of course spending $s for about 8 months. I stumbled upon geekhack while innocently looking for a compact keyboard that would allow me to use my mouse in a more ergonomic position. I quickly learned the term tenkeyless and the fact that I knew nothing about keyboards. Though I didn't know why, I felt strangely compelled to delve into the subject and I don't have to tell any of you what I found. Like so many people, I used a keyboard every day but had no idea that it could be anything other than an input device. I wonder how I didn't notice the nuances before. It's like wearing a new pair of glasses and seeing what you have missed that was right in front of your eyes the whole time.

It has been eight months since I started that search for a keyboard. I now own six! Also, I have ordered an LZ-FE, purchased 7 or 8 complete sets of keycaps, innumerable smaller kits/ individual keycaps, bags and bags of o-rings, 2 Vortex metal cases, an assortment of keycap pullers rivaling a granny's spoon collection, and have participated in enough resent group buys that I'm not really 100% sure what is coming in the mail in the next few weeks/ months. Who needs a savings account anyway! Recently, my significant other asked me "how many keyboards do you need?!" My reply was "that's exactly what I'm trying to find out!" When this all began, I had no idea what these communities were like and set up accounts here and there at first just to get information, then to purchase stuff, but never dreamed of participating. Now, I'm all in and started this new account with the same username as the one I have been lurking under at Deskthority. Here I was using pbooras when participating in buys. Anyway, that's me and I thank you all for helping me learn and become obsessed with  keyboards.
« Last Edit: Fri, 15 November 2013, 07:31:57 by DelKey »

Offline Senbei

« Reply #184 on: Thu, 28 November 2013, 07:58:52 »
Hello folks,
I've found geekhack some time back when I was looking for information on how to build your own keyboard... I've given up, but I started spending money on mechanical keyboards, my first being a Filco Minila USB with Brown switches and US layout.
I'm particularly fond of keyboards, mainly from an aesthetic point of view (I own many that I bought and NEVER used) and from a vintage collector point of view.
That said, maybe I'll not build my own keyboard but at least I'll design my own keycaps set eventually.

Minila [brown]

Offline boardcolletor

• hardware and accessories for computers and pad
« Reply #185 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 02:18:28 »
New member come here. I am james richardson.  computer programmer.  like to talk with all of you.
Love geekhack
mainboard, mouse, keyboard
hardware recovery and others

Offline Aka.Stiggy

late bloomer
« Reply #186 on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 06:09:34 »
Greetings from NJ.  I used to use a saitek "gaming" keyboard once that was a hand-me-down and I thought that was pretty sweet.  I also used to play console video games.  I'm also 32 years old, and sadly, I made it pretty far in school as a left handed index finger pecker.  My right hand probably clocked 300 apm while my left index finger would saunter in for a lame bottom half to "heart and soul."  I estimate I had it up to 30 wpm, but that's like getting really good at typing "gg," sure it's a skill set, but not one to be proud of.  I decided I wanted to teach myself how to type, and with my starcraft addiction (n.die_jaedong fighting!), I started to research mechanical keyboards.  Sort of on an impulse, I bought a dasKeyboard with completely blank black keys, and I put an ancient ps/2 keyboard in my car to practice typing left handed during traffic.  Starcraft is fun to type :)

So now my typing is up around 80 wpm after about a year and a half living with a das, and I even know just about where all the non-alphanumeric symbols live.  Something I figured out a bit too late, was that this monstrous keypad attached to the right side of this das is terrible for gaming and ergonomics.  I have done a great deal of research, and am a new enthusiast.  I am waiting for my blank white PBT 87 set to arrive from china and my cheap black zerg logo (wtb: 12 dollar mkc relief zerg) to arrive from geek_feng.  I am now in the market for a 75% race, or will probably impulse buy a keycool 84 later.  I took a long time to decide on brown switches for my das, and I love them.  I have a set of o-rings, and as soon as my key-caps and puller arrive, I plan on making a few cool black/white designs on my das just for funzies.  I plan on taking some pics to put in my signature or something.

I would love to know more about this market but it seems weird already.  I will be scouring these forums for information, but I have narrowed down my next purchase pretty well.  I would like to go with blue switches, just to mix it up and try to typing favorite, (when I'm grandmaster I'll get some reds :), and I realy like the 75% keyboards.  I love the look of the 60s and would love to type on them, but the ease of using f1-10 on the keycooler looks ridiculous for gaming.  Even better on the layout of the kbt race, but it seems like it's not in stock anywhere with either white, blue, or purple backlighting. 

So yea, eventually I'll have some pics to share of the keyboard I end up getting and I know I'll get "nerd chills" every time I see it :) 

I'm not asking for anyone to pm me for help, as I will be looking around plenty on my own, but if anyone has any advice or information, I am a late-blooming geek.  I was cool in high-school, so lame right? 

glhf gg

Offline helenching78

« Reply #187 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 02:41:35 »
Hi. I'm from Hong Kong. I've been lurking here for some time and reading posts, mainly about the topre switches.
Well, I think the keyboards I own speak it all.
First, I bought the DasKeyboard from Amazon.com 2 months ago. It was the ultimate silent version.
I enjoy having a blank keyboard. And I found the 2 USB very useful as my VAIO computers had limited USB slots.
But it's too big and I cannot carry it in my backpack to work. So I bought the Filco Ninja brown switches.
It is still very heavy. So I bought the HHKB pro 2. I bought it from Japanese webshop via a proxy.
I really like the look and feel of the HHKB. My brother had the Realforce 89s (all 30gm) and Realforce 104 UB keyboards.
I like the HHKB better after trying these keyboards. Yet the problem is that HHKB is difficult to use in my work.(No arrows, home/end button)
So I keep it for home use.

Then I had some new keycaps. The Filco double short high profile keycaps. Well... It takes some time to get used to.
I change my HHKB with topre keycaps, pink color.
The Filco is not my favorite keyboard. I think their brown switches are too light.
But the wrist rests are quite good. I have both the wood and leather ones.
Next time, I'm thinking about getting a HHKB type-s as my Christmas/ new year present.
Keyboard I own: DasKeyboard Ultimate S Silent, Filco Ninga Brown, HHKB Pro 2

Offline cinnamoncider

• Thorpies are snappy
  • No clack; no life.
« Reply #188 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 23:00:17 »
Hi guys!

I'm new here and my first mkb that I bought is a Ducky Shine 3. Nice to meet you all  :)

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #189 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 23:05:10 »
Hi. I'm from Hong Kong. I've been lurking here for some time and reading posts, mainly about the topre switches.
Well, I think the keyboards I own speak it all.
First, I bought the DasKeyboard from Amazon.com 2 months ago. It was the ultimate silent version.
I enjoy having a blank keyboard. And I found the 2 USB very useful as my VAIO computers had limited USB slots.
But it's too big and I cannot carry it in my backpack to work. So I bought the Filco Ninja brown switches.
It is still very heavy. So I bought the HHKB pro 2. I bought it from Japanese webshop via a proxy.
I really like the look and feel of the HHKB. My brother had the Realforce 89s (all 30gm) and Realforce 104 UB keyboards.
I like the HHKB better after trying these keyboards. Yet the problem is that HHKB is difficult to use in my work.(No arrows, home/end button)
So I keep it for home use.

Then I had some new keycaps. The Filco double short high profile keycaps. Well... It takes some time to get used to.
I change my HHKB with topre keycaps, pink color.
The Filco is not my favorite keyboard. I think their brown switches are too light.
But the wrist rests are quite good. I have both the wood and leather ones.
Next time, I'm thinking about getting a HHKB type-s as my Christmas/ new year present.

why not leopold f660c and change the delete and insert key to home/end?

Offline error62

« Reply #190 on: Tue, 24 December 2013, 01:33:59 »
Hello! This is my first time ever on any forum :D I hope to stick around long this time, in it for the long haul.. plus that 60 post seems interesting.

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #191 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 17:06:30 »
Hi all,

Noob here, with my first mech keyboard on order from WASD.  It's a Vader-themed tenkeyless.  I can't wait! :)
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #192 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 17:32:45 »
I post far too much, far too quickly. Never stop terrible posting.

Hi all,

Noob here, with my first mech keyboard on order from WASD.  It's a Vader-themed tenkeyless.  I can't wait! :)

That looks nice! I especially like the win keys. Why the random coloured keys though?
« Last Edit: Sat, 11 January 2014, 17:35:19 by katushkin »
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #193 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 17:37:47 »
I post far too much, far too quickly. Never stop terrible posting.

Hi all,

That looks nice! I especially like the win keys. Why the random coloured keys though?
Not much of a darth vader fan eh

No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #194 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 18:04:38 »
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #195 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 19:04:17 »
Haha I wanted to make the reference a little subtle and not put his face all over the keyboard. :)
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline rdev5

« Reply #196 on: Sat, 18 January 2014, 00:34:27 »
Joined as a result of http://nathankot.com/blog/2013/09/05/modding-the-happy-hacking-keyboard/ in search for the mod board Hasu is working on. Now looking to add some color key caps to the mix. Recently received a HHKB Pro 2 as a gift and am now averaging over 140wpm at 10fastfingers.com. You don't realize the difference a keyboard like the HHKB Pro2 can make in your typing until you've used it for a while and try going back to a laptop keyboard or otherwise. Not only is it not the same, but you quickly see how difficult it really is to type on keyboards that aren't as well thought through as the HHKB Pro 2. Just feels awkward now, slows down your typing, and causes more mistakes (Re: Macbook Pro laptop keyboard as compared to the HHKB Pro 2).

I'm extremely busy during the week so I don't have a whole lot of time to spend on forums. Will check in as time permits. I just finished scrolling through all 40 pages of the Topre keyboards in geekhack media forums and saved pictures of the ones I like the most, my favorite out of all of them being http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3436/3808183178_781ea37a47_o.jpg

Anyways, hello and glad to see some great ideas out there!

Offline jufa

« Reply #197 on: Sun, 19 January 2014, 15:24:49 »
hello I am from Indonesia
My first mkb was ss 6ghv2, but I do not know what it mkb, about 2 months ago I bought yots ducky.
I am still a beginner, but I am interested in reading the posts here.
still trying to find the right keyboard for me.
I tried to order keyboard from GON, and will be finish within 2 months, while waiting maybe I'll try hhkb type s .. sorry for my english  :)

thx... see you around

Offline cooliehack

« Reply #198 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 19:31:24 »
Hail fellow mechanical keyboard lovers,
I lurked this site months ago and found myself with a WASD Keyboards v1 (MX Brown) and then over the holidays got a CM QuickFire Stealth (MX Blue) to help with the whole ergonomics situation.

Now I disappointingly discover the 60% keyboards and see myself lusting for a Poker II.

Offline welsinki

« Reply #199 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 18:29:27 »
Click Clack Click Clack. :thumb: