Author Topic: custom keycap sets?  (Read 12820 times)

Offline billm

custom keycap sets?
« on: Tue, 27 January 2009, 22:28:57 »
There are several places around the net that offer them but none seem to publish a price list. I was wondering if anybody has any idea what a one-off custom keycap set would cost...
If it's not ALPS it's crap!

Offline Chloe

• Switch Kitten
custom keycap sets?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 28 January 2009, 07:30:37 »
Two companies I contacted have minimum order values:
http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?t=1128

Offline Humanoid

custom keycap sets?
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 28 May 2009, 08:02:26 »
Quote from: Chloe

Two companies I contacted have minimum order values:
http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?t=1128

That link doesn't seem to be working now.  Can you please repost the minimum order values you got, and from which companies?

I'm interested in knowing how much it would cost to have some custom keys made for personal use.

Offline lowpoly

custom keycap sets?
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 28 May 2009, 08:17:40 »
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 May 2009, 08:20:46 by lowpoly »

Miniguru thread at GH // The Apple M0110 Today

Offline itlnstln

custom keycap sets?
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 28 May 2009, 08:19:19 »
Quote from: Humanoid;93101
That link doesn't seem to be working now. Can you please repost the minimum order values you got, and from which companies?

I'm interested in knowing how much it would cost to have some custom keys made for personal use.

I doubt she'll respond, but if I remember correctly, you have to order something like a minimum of 1000 keycaps, in general, from these custom shops.

On another note: Please come back, Chloe!!! :)

Offline itlnstln

custom keycap sets?
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 28 May 2009, 08:21:17 »
http://pimpmykeyboard.com/

I'm suprised a business has some of these custom keys on their site (as an ad).

Offline o2dazone

custom keycap sets?
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 28 May 2009, 08:35:24 »
As far as Cherry's go, I know elitekeyboards.com will be stocking blank keycap sets in July

Offline itlnstln

custom keycap sets?
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 28 May 2009, 08:37:00 »
Quote from: o2dazone;93107
As far as Cherry's go, I know elitekeyboards.com will be stocking blank keycap sets in July

To me, that's all that matters.

Offline MsKeyboard

custom keycap sets?
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 28 May 2009, 10:13:39 »
What you are asking is a fairly generic question for a specific issue, as  Keycaps and Key sets are VERY specific.

We provide custom printing and blank keys, caps, and sets here.

Give us more info and we would be more than happy to see what can be done for your particular project.  We are currently checking on blank sets for the HHKB Pro, black and white.

Offline chimera15

custom keycap sets?
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 28 May 2009, 12:51:49 »
Quote from: MsKeyboard;93130
What you are asking is a fairly generic question for a specific issue, as  Keycaps and Key sets are VERY specific.

We provide custom printing and blank keys, caps, and sets here.

Give us more info and we would be more than happy to see what can be done for your particular project.  We are currently checking on blank sets for the HHKB Pro, black and white.

How much for a set of blank black keycaps for an alps siig minitouch kb1903? lol  It has half function keys, and a weird tab key with a piece of plastic covering an open space,  can you make keys like that? Alternatively, how much for just a set of black blank keycaps for just the letter set and possibly the spacebar.

The ultimate would be all black, with red keycaps for the function and escape key, with black lettering.  Then the board would have all black blank, except for the special keypad which would have the pgdown, and function modified number pad which would be black with red printing on them. Just the pgdown, arrows, and number's, still no letters.  Also the function keys and number keys would have red printing on them.

« Last Edit: Thu, 28 May 2009, 15:58:25 by chimera15 »
Alps boards:
white real complicated: 1x modified siiig minitouch kb1903,  hhkb light2 english steampunk hack, wireless siig minitouch hack
white with rubber damper(cream)+clicky springs: 2x modified siig minitouch kb1903 1x modified siig minitouch kb1948
white fake simplified:   1x white smk-85, 1x Steampunk compact board hack
white real simplified: 1x unitek k-258
low profile: 1x mint m1242 in box
black: ultra mini wrist keyboard hack
blue: Japanese hhk2 lite hack, 1x siig minitouch pcb/doubleshot dc-2014 caps. kb1903, 1x modified kb1948 Siig minitouch
rainbow test boards:  mck-84sx

Offline Humanoid

custom keycap sets?
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 03 June 2009, 17:50:33 »
Quote from: MsKeyboard;93130

I have a Unicomp Customizer 104.  I want a single full set of key caps, that has thai letters on them.  I want them to have the same textured feel on the top like the originals have.  Can you do that?  How much would something like this cost, when using the most economical options?

Does choosing my own custom color (same color for all keys) affect the price?  What if I use a few different colors for some keys?

What would be the price difference between the 1-piece or 2-piece versions of the keycaps?

I can provide you with SVG's of what should be printed on the keycaps, or some other format if you prefer.