Author Topic: [IC] GMK Stonks  (Read 30538 times)

Offline Neely_12

Re: [IC] GMK Stonks
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 17 June 2021, 09:40:57 »
Cool idea. Idk if you'd want to do this, but you could run the accents as a kit by itself and then add the top row of the bloomberg keyboard as f13-f24

Offline ElementalWheel

« Reply #51 on: Thu, 17 June 2021, 10:23:26 »
Show Image

weirdge monkagiga

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQNBIw4n8Ki/

I have been following Mito's IC for GMK Trader and it looks like his IC is at least a month older than yours, May 5th by mito and June 3rd by you...

We have several terminals in the office and and my colleagues are hype, I'm pretty sure I filled his form and made a couple suggestions after discovering it on Instagram

As a financial advisor (and owner of WOB) I am thrilled for the chance of owning GMK Trader and a replica of Bloomberg keys but this is not an original idea by any means. Most likely an unfortunate coincidence of having two similar ideas. Mito seems to be actively working on the set of keys based on input people provided on IG and Discord for the novelties (crypto vs traditional) for longer than you

Offline pancake

• instagram
« Reply #52 on: Thu, 17 June 2021, 14:18:37 »
Show Image

weirdge monkagiga

I have been following Mito's IC for GMK Trader and it looks like his IC is at least a month older than yours, May 5th by mito and June 3rd by you...

Show Image

We have several terminals in the office and and my colleagues are hype, I'm pretty sure I filled his form and made a couple suggestions after discovering it on Instagram

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

As a financial advisor (and owner of WOB) I am thrilled for the chance of owning GMK Trader and a replica of Bloomberg keys but this is not an original idea by any means. Most likely an unfortunate coincidence of having two similar ideas. Mito seems to be actively working on the set of keys based on input people provided on IG and Discord for the novelties (crypto vs traditional) for longer than you

Even if he started working on this earlier than early February, it doesn't change the fact that he changed his legends to front print after my IC, which you can see on IG.
SA Bisoromi | GMK Gregory
More
HHKB Snow | HHKB Snow 25th | Kafka 87 | OTD 360c | Realforce R3TL BT | RS | RS60 | RS65 | TGR Jane v2 CE | VSPO!GEAR 橘ひなのEdition

Offline beigeandbrown

« Reply #53 on: Thu, 17 June 2021, 14:21:58 »
irritating considering I would  like to actually own  both the top print and side print versions. But if it's you or him, you're my first bet.

Offline ElementalWheel

« Reply #54 on: Thu, 17 June 2021, 15:10:37 »
Even if he started working on this earlier than early February, it doesn't change the fact that he changed his legends to front print after my IC, which you can see on IG.

I'm sure at least one person asked about front prints on his design GMK Trader because I did (I wasn't aware about your IC until today while looking for Swiss), so I'm not surprised his design evolved based on feedback. There is also other people on his Discord channel asking for Bloomberg references and offering help.

Not here to accuse anyone so no need to get defensive, all I am saying is that this is not an original idea to begin with as you are both replicating the Bloomberg terminal in one way or the other. Maybe you can reach out and make both coexist because I like Trader and I'm sure I'm not alone, it doesn't need to be one or the other

Offline Fredington

• Instagram
« Reply #55 on: Thu, 17 June 2021, 15:27:07 »
I think the best outcome for you is to offer this as an accent kit, as many people have already requested. MiTo is...well...MiTo. He has a lot of reach with Drop and therefore a significant advantage with pricing. If you go head-to-head against him with a traditional base kit, it's probably not going to end well for you. On his Discord, he's listed the price of his base kit at $120. That's got to be a very high MOQ to achieve that price for a complete base kit with numpad. Offer this as a cheaper accent kit and you'll have a more compelling reason for people to buy.
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 June 2021, 15:30:21 by Fredington »

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #56 on: Thu, 17 June 2021, 15:41:13 »
I have no idea if MiTo saw this IC or not, but there's a high likelihood you just came to a similar conclusion from different routes.  Recreating a vintage / commercial colorway in MX form always comes with that risk.

Approximately a week two weeks before this IC was posted, I was also starting to develop a Bloomberg-themed keyset.  I had bought a Bloomberg keyboard specifically for that purpose in order to do color-matching.

I won't add a third competitor to this race, but an offer to provide more accurate color standards for the keys stands for both you and MiTo.  I am happy to help you both find RAL or Pantones that are closer to the actual keys (from at least one of the Bloomberg models, as there are probably differences from board to board).

The GMK stock colors just aren't good matches for some of these.
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 June 2021, 15:49:53 by NoPunIn10Did »

Offline superdoedoe

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #57 on: Thu, 17 June 2021, 20:51:42 »
Show Image

weirdge monkagiga

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

yikes imagine supporting mito

Offline Quriosity

« Reply #58 on: Thu, 17 June 2021, 23:10:10 »
Like this set - hope it runs

Offline megaforce

« Reply #59 on: Fri, 18 June 2021, 14:05:10 »
Imagine sucking off someone that made polyester vapor wave mech wear LUL
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #60 on: Mon, 21 June 2021, 00:27:41 »
https://mitormk.com/trader/

unfortunate for this ic

Offline Nuap

« Reply #61 on: Mon, 21 June 2021, 00:38:45 »
Guaranteed MiTo won't have the good grace or self awareness to not go ahead with his set. It's not like pancake has the rights to a terminal inspired colourway, but it's unfair of MiTo to run it at the same time.

Offline jrfhoutx

• Post count is meaningless if the content is trash.
« Reply #62 on: Tue, 22 June 2021, 12:35:01 »
Guaranteed MiTo won't have the good grace or self awareness to not go ahead with his set. It's not like pancake has the rights to a terminal inspired colourway, but it's unfair of MiTo to run it at the same time.

Wouldn't be the first time...

Offline gorbachev

« Reply #63 on: Tue, 22 June 2021, 17:50:15 »
https://mitormk.com/trader/

unfortunate for this ic

I don't know about that. That set is...how should I put this nicely...uninspiring. The base kit color scheme is just wrong, for example.

I would definitely prefer this set, especially if pancake does an accent kit.

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
« Reply #64 on: Wed, 23 June 2021, 11:52:42 »
Wouldn't be the first time...
this is nothing, you should see what happened in the GMK retrowave IC lmfao. not only ripping off designs that don't belong to him, but GMK shilling for him.
sad for OP but that's what happens when dealing with the Mito/GMK/Drop association.

Offline Minahctrl

« Reply #65 on: Wed, 23 June 2021, 13:36:17 »
more trader friendly and accurate than MiTo version atm
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 June 2021, 13:42:20 by Minahctrl »

Offline ElementalWheel

« Reply #66 on: Wed, 23 June 2021, 14:36:58 »

I don't know about that. That set is...how should I put this nicely...uninspiring. The base kit color scheme is just wrong, for example.

I would definitely prefer this set, especially if pancake does an accent kit.

Accent kit will cost $45 on trader and one can also get gmk wob for $110 right now with insane coverage, to be delivered in september.

https://drop.com/buy/gmk-white-on-black-custom-keycap-set/

Some tasteless slander going on here I thought it was supposed to be an ic or is gh toxic like this? The argument is pathetic as if OP created proprietary work, he just copied wob, the Bloomberg keys and made a render, you're all parroting as if nobody else could do the same. How about him copying gmk wob which is already for sale and made by drop? And the 1:1 Bloomberg Starboard, did he get approval from someone on Bloomberg in the first place? Keys related to economy exist and were made by different people (i own gmk 9009 from mykeyboard.eu and also the epbt version which comes from cherry G80 9009 from Reuters which I also have). What a toxic thread

Offline Ella

• Why is it called an oven
« Reply #67 on: Mon, 28 June 2021, 12:13:50 »

Sent from my Samsung Smart Fridge using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 July 2021, 16:54:25 by xeon »

Offline Jebus

« Reply #68 on: Thu, 01 July 2021, 16:53:13 »
Just found out about Trader and came here... Damn....Seriously ****ed up situation.

Offline ms264556

« Reply #69 on: Fri, 02 July 2021, 02:44:26 »
This set looks great.
I have a few sets of Bloomberg keys which I've salvaged off old Mighter and Wey trader keyboards, but it would be great to get a set of non-SA-profile Bloomberg function keys.

One thing - before they went super-customized with their keyboards, Bloomberg did a standard 104 key keyboard, and you can choose to use its mappings from the terminal.
This 1994 keyboard used shift+tenkey-zero as its 'Panel' key, so it would be great to have that key for this set too (since switching Panels is a really common action):-
271631-0

Offline mr_foggy

« Reply #70 on: Fri, 02 July 2021, 11:02:36 »
Accent kit will cost $45 on trader and one can also get gmk wob for $110 right now with insane coverage, to be delivered in september.

this dude doing advertising work for mito with all the screenshots and sht  ;D

mito is doing good already in the marketing department on reddit lmao no need for this

Offline ElementalWheel

« Reply #71 on: Fri, 02 July 2021, 13:10:50 »

mito is doing good already in the marketing department on reddit lmao no need for this

Nah I’m just contesting the pathetic and hateful portrait being painted here. But since you mentioned reddit ads, well to counter the toxicity and shade being thrown I’ll go ahead and share this happy finding from reddit for the real keyboard enthusiasts like me then

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/obrj1s/have_a_fun_and_safe_long_weekend_rmk_heres_a/

Which means $75 for GMK trader base kit with icons or $85 for Wob base. I'll be getting boomer, zoomer and another Wob with trader10 coupon too

https://drop.com/buy/gmk-white-on-black-custom-keycap-set

https://drop.com/buy/drop-mito-gmk-trader-custom-keycap-set

Customs fees are not a problem for me ;D

Offline hekt1k

« Reply #72 on: Fri, 02 July 2021, 18:42:45 »
dude we get it you love mito

« Reply #73 on: Fri, 02 July 2021, 19:13:10 »

Nah I’m just contesting the pathetic and hateful portrait being painted here. But since you mentioned reddit ads, well to counter the toxicity and shade being thrown I’ll go ahead and share this happy finding from reddit for the real keyboard enthusiasts like me then

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/obrj1s/have_a_fun_and_safe_long_weekend_rmk_heres_a/

Which means $75 for GMK trader base kit with icons or $85 for Wob base. I'll be getting boomer, zoomer and another Wob with trader10 coupon too

Show Image

Damn that coupon was posted yesterday and still hasn't been used 50 times, or Drop just didn't bother with the 50 limit.

Not a fan of Mito or his sets, but hard to turn down a spare WoB for $80 with free shipping!

Offline belgium_waffles

« Reply #74 on: Sat, 03 July 2021, 02:25:03 »

Show Image

ur head is so far far up mito's ass ur practically wearing him as a suit

Offline ggggggg

• schmeiß die forties durch den club
« Reply #75 on: Sat, 03 July 2021, 02:33:23 »
dude we get it you love mito
If I may offer a different perspective: the set running on Drop is, well, already running. While Stonks is in IC. GMK lead times being what they are, if you want to get your keycaps as soon as possible (and cheap at that) MiTo's set is the sensible choice here. I feel sorry for OP investing time and energy and money into this project only to be undercut by a different designer but that's the way it is.

I don't personally care for MiTo but to reiterate this set is not a deeply personal lightning strike of inspiration but rather a safe, tried-and-tested design, and as such was up for grabs. MiTo has sway so they got there first, simple as that.

On a sidenote, this entire discussion is weirdly apropos the set's theme.
« Last Edit: Sat, 03 July 2021, 02:37:04 by ggggggg »

Offline superdoedoe

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #76 on: Sat, 03 July 2021, 02:53:55 »
There's a reason mito is banned from most places this hobby congregates. Including here

Offline growler

« Reply #77 on: Tue, 06 July 2021, 04:26:26 »
Is this a great opportunity to not go GMK then.... PBT will be harder wearing, and us traders put out keebs through some abuse...

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

Don't just stare at it ...

Offline mr_foggy

« Reply #78 on: Tue, 06 July 2021, 09:56:28 »
ur head is so far far up mito's ass ur practically wearing him as a suit

lmfao i thought the same thing lol

Offline FullCryoPsychochomp

• Will fight for keyboards
« Reply #79 on: Fri, 08 April 2022, 10:09:29 »
Any news for this set? Kinda sad it didn't go anywhere.

Offline superjackie

« Reply #80 on: Fri, 08 April 2022, 13:43:58 »
i dont have wob set and i love this one. looking for the GB!

Offline superjackie

« Reply #81 on: Sun, 10 April 2022, 03:44:00 »
GB when?? so interested!

Offline WhiskyBoi99

« Reply #82 on: Sun, 17 April 2022, 05:12:53 »
We need a stonks arrow artisan, hit up one of the usuals?

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #83 on: Sun, 17 April 2022, 07:48:29 »
Hi super doe  doe

Can I lose more money if I use this GMK set : )
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline growler

« Reply #84 on: Thu, 12 May 2022, 15:16:01 »
This still to happen, still v. Interested

Tappity tap tap tap

Don't just stare at it ...

Offline kidgoth

• imagine living outside of the US
« Reply #85 on: Sun, 07 August 2022, 20:22:16 »
ne update..?

Offline Yakizu

« Reply #86 on: Sun, 07 August 2022, 21:13:19 »
ne update..?

you can buy these kits on Drop.com, I think they will ship by October this year last I heard

https://drop.com/buy/drop-mito-gmk-trader-custom-keycap-set?defaultSelectionIds=952746

got mine for $45 during a recent sale they ran and also got GMK WoB to pair with it (already had the katakana version)

iirc I got everything for $145 shipped to Japan (WoB + boomer) can’t wait  :cool:

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #87 on: Mon, 08 August 2022, 12:02:11 »
ne update..?

you can buy these kits on Drop.com, I think they will ship by October this year last I heard

https://drop.com/buy/drop-mito-gmk-trader-custom-keycap-set?defaultSelectionIds=952746

got mine for $45 during a recent sale they ran and also got GMK WoB to pair with it (already had the katakana version)

iirc I got everything for $145 shipped to Japan (WoB + boomer) can’t wait  :cool:
He was taking about the GMK stonks, not day trader.
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.
"Ask your mother how good I can use more than two fingers." - Caesar, 2023

Offline ranoro

« Reply #88 on: Mon, 08 August 2022, 13:23:54 »
He was taking about the GMK stonks, not day trader.

the Boomer kit is available on the trader drop and drop also sells wob

same thing, more keys and ships faster

Offline pancake

• instagram
« Reply #89 on: Mon, 08 August 2022, 15:25:55 »
great!
SA Bisoromi | GMK Gregory
More
HHKB Snow | HHKB Snow 25th | Kafka 87 | OTD 360c | Realforce R3TL BT | RS | RS60 | RS65 | TGR Jane v2 CE | VSPO!GEAR 橘ひなのEdition