Author Topic: [GB] Custom CNC Aluminum Cases for Cooler Master TKL boards (SHIPPED)  (Read 140712 times)

Offline Arallu

Re: [GB] Custom CNC Aluminum Cases for Cooler Master TKL boards (MANUFACTURING)
« Reply #500 on: Wed, 22 February 2017, 23:46:09 »
Is there going to be a Round 2? =)

Yes, absolutely. I'm just working out some final details with the factory, which should take just another few days.

If you're interested in participating in a second round, please fill out this quick, two-question, survey:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/H2YF2CX

I was going to combine r2 with a group buy for a RealForce cases, but that will take me a while to design and from what I can tell there isn't necessarily much cost advantage to batching the orders. And since the r2 cases dropped, folks keep bugging me to do a r2, so I figured might as well get that rolling soon. :D

If you haven't already, you can visit the Shopify store I set up for the last group buy, and I have sign-ups there on the homepage (bottom right) where you can join the mailing list, for folks who don't look at GH all the time. http://shop.norbauer.com

Thanks! Joined and survey taken

Offline axtran

« Reply #501 on: Thu, 23 February 2017, 07:01:41 »
RealForce case has me dreaming now... :)
MX Silent > MX Vintage Black > Everything Else

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #502 on: Thu, 23 February 2017, 07:54:22 »
No option for white in the survey?  :p
http://monokei.co

Jane v2 | Jane v2 CE | Police | EXENT | KFE | KFE CE | Singa R1 | Jaguar | HHKB | Custom G80-3000 | Dalco 959mini | Haus | Kei | Hiro | Hidari | Tomo | Neko | Prophet | MXSS | TKL One | RS

Offline DannyHuynh

« Reply #503 on: Thu, 23 February 2017, 13:35:02 »
and at a higher price than this GB.
I think Originative is doing the community a valuable service by keeping Novatouch boards readily available to the community in the US, and by making the group buy CoolerMaster cases available in an on-demand way.

I agree that it is nice for the community to have. Just that the prices feel excessive at times, and constantly changing(increasing). As someone else mentioned, the price went from $375 to $450 since the last time they listed. Why the increased cost? Are they really helping the community or helping to line their pockets? I see arguments both ways... =)

I think Amazon or another 3rd party fulfillment service could serve the same purpose with a lot less overhead and price fluctuation than Originative. I found some that have flexible pricing that could support group buys, so you don't even have to deal w/ shipping the cases for your group buy.

Anyways, looking forward to seeing what's coming up next. Thanks.

probably because someone at reddit complained that Oco old price was apparently too low and therefore unfair to the GB people  :eek: :eek:

Offline Blazestorm

« Reply #504 on: Thu, 23 February 2017, 21:45:55 »
and at a higher price than this GB.
I think Originative is doing the community a valuable service by keeping Novatouch boards readily available to the community in the US, and by making the group buy CoolerMaster cases available in an on-demand way.

I agree that it is nice for the community to have. Just that the prices feel excessive at times, and constantly changing(increasing). As someone else mentioned, the price went from $375 to $450 since the last time they listed. Why the increased cost? Are they really helping the community or helping to line their pockets? I see arguments both ways... =)

I think Amazon or another 3rd party fulfillment service could serve the same purpose with a lot less overhead and price fluctuation than Originative. I found some that have flexible pricing that could support group buys, so you don't even have to deal w/ shipping the cases for your group buy.

Anyways, looking forward to seeing what's coming up next. Thanks.

probably because someone at reddit complained that Oco old price was apparently too low and therefore unfair to the GB people  :eek: :eek:
I guess they can't win then... I'll stop *****ing until I find a better solution.

Realforce RGB aluminum case! Let's do it!

I also bet they're doing an RGB TKL, which might have a case slightly incompatible with the original TKL they made. Unless you could design a case for both.

Offline YH YOON

« Reply #505 on: Thu, 23 February 2017, 22:51:37 »
oh my god

r2?!?!?!

im' in now red color!!

Offline DreLLin

« Reply #506 on: Fri, 24 February 2017, 06:14:05 »
No option for white in the survey?  :p

Yeah, please add white as an option again!!!

I know there were minor issues with the white powder coating but it still looked stunning!

Online pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #507 on: Fri, 24 February 2017, 08:25:33 »
Ryan,

Didn't you have some sort of experimental color that you ordered?  Some sort of antique copper or brass or something?  I'm racking my brain for new colors to try out in round 2  ;D

Offline norbauer

• Plz email shop@norbauer.com; I miss PMs sometimes
    • Ryan Norbauer's personal site
« Reply #508 on: Fri, 24 February 2017, 11:23:17 »
Yeah, please add white as an option again!!!

I know there were minor issues with the white powder coating but it still looked stunning!

OK, I'll consider that. I'm going to investigate if there are ways to improve the quality (I think maybe masking the interior was a made idea), but I think some of the issue is just inherent to powder coating. It's a process that really is best suited to large parts rather than small precision parts where they'll be evaluated up-close. But it is also really the only way (without getting super high-tech) to get metal a pure white color.

My plan is actually to do fewer colors this time, if at all possible, as it will allow us to qualify for using a more high-end anodizing vendor. A number of the cases from the anodizing vendor used in r1 came back with residue on them, which I had to spend a lot of time fixing before sending the cases out. This was a major drag and took me about two solid days. It ended up being fine, but it's an experience I would rather not repeat, so I'm hoping we can use a more production-style anodizing vendor this time. To qualify for that, we basically have a per-color MOQ of 50, so I'd like to converge on just one or two color options for r2. It'll improve quality control without our having to raise the price. That being said, powder coat is outside of those quantity buckets, really, so adding white back might not be an issue. I might just get all the powder coating done in the US.

Anyway, sorry. That was probably more info you wanted, but I'm kind of just thinking out loud.   :rolleyes:

Offline Blazestorm

« Reply #509 on: Fri, 24 February 2017, 11:31:15 »
I'm good with that (quality over quantity).

I'd also be down for a bare (finished) aluminum option. So people can get it anodized themselves. Back in my paintball days, most gun parts were anodized aluminum. And it was pretty common to re-anodize your gun. There were a lot of places doing small run, custom work. I don't remember the prices being too crazy either.

Maybe the clear (a.k.a. Silver) option fits that, just have to strip the clear anno.

Sent from my E5803 using Tapatalk

Offline norbauer

« Reply #510 on: Fri, 24 February 2017, 11:36:41 »
Ryan,

Didn't you have some sort of experimental color that you ordered?  Some sort of antique copper or brass or something?  I'm racking my brain for new colors to try out in round 2  ;D

I did. I ordered a simulated "copper" color, but to be honest it came back more like a metallic brown. I would describe it more as a "bronze." It wasn't quite the more orangey color what I was looking for, but it would go really well with something like a "Chocolatier" set or 1976. I'll put those two samples up for sale in my shop (http://shop.norbauer.com) at the same time as I launch the group buy r2.

JDragon specified an awesome custom color in dark blue; I believe some photos of it appear earlier in the thread. I like it so much that I've thought about adding it as a standard color next time, or at least something close to it. The dark green shown above was also pretty cool, though I'm not sure how many keysets are out there that it would match. Ninja Turtles maybe? ;)

I've also thought about adding a "brushed" option, independent of color.

Offline autobot

« Reply #511 on: Fri, 24 February 2017, 11:37:15 »
I'd like to converge on just one or two color options for r2. It'll improve quality control without our having to raise the price.

To that point, I'd suggest offering silver (apple aluminum) and dark grey (can you show pics of cool vs warm gray as your survey highlighted?). I plan on buying one of each of these colors  :thumb:

Offline norbauer

« Reply #512 on: Fri, 24 February 2017, 11:39:39 »
Maybe the clear (a.k.a. Silver) option fits that, just have to strip the clear anno.

True, but that wasn't a standard color in the last run; it was a custom that Originative ordered, along with one or two individuals.

I could always offer unfinished as an option for people who want to get their own finished. However, in my experience these days it's hard to find good anodizing shops in the USA. I don't know if it's based on actual facts, but people often blame the EPA for shutting a lot of them down.

Offline JDragon

« Reply #513 on: Fri, 24 February 2017, 12:25:58 »
I saw the copper/brown case in person and it looks great. Definitely more brown than any other color but if I liked SA, I would be getting one to pair with Chocolatier. I don't think I've ever seen any other boards that color and it'd be a looker for sure.

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
« Reply #514 on: Fri, 24 February 2017, 13:33:18 »
My plan is actually to do fewer colors this time, if at all possible, as it will allow us to qualify for using a more high-end anodizing vendor. A number of the cases from the anodizing vendor used in r1 came back with residue on them, which I had to spend a lot of time fixing before sending the cases out. This was a major drag and took me about two solid days. It ended up being fine, but it's an experience I would rather not repeat, so I'm hoping we can use a more production-style anodizing vendor this time. To qualify for that, we basically have a per-color MOQ of 50, so I'd like to converge on just one or two color options for r2. It'll improve quality control without our having to raise the price. That being said, powder coat is outside of those quantity buckets, really, so adding white back might not be an issue. I might just get all the powder coating done in the US.

JDragon specified an awesome custom color in dark blue; I believe some photos of it appear earlier in the thread. I like it so much that I've thought about adding it as a standard color next time, or at least something close to it. The dark green shown above was also pretty cool, though I'm not sure how many keysets are out there that it would match. Ninja Turtles maybe? ;)

Do you plan to offer custom colors a la Round 1 even if you move to the high-end anodizing vendor? Green never tends to be popular and I doubt a dark green case will ever meet an MOQ of 50. But I want one so badly.

Offline norbauer

« Reply #515 on: Fri, 24 February 2017, 14:32:41 »
Do you plan to offer custom colors a la Round 1 even if you move to the high-end anodizing vendor? Green never tends to be popular and I doubt a dark green case will ever meet an MOQ of 50. But I want one so badly.

Interesting. I was thinking maybe no because the custom colors proved to be a bit of an administrative nightmare for me. At the same time, I found it kind of exciting and rewarding to see different colors people ended up with. So, yeah, maybe for custom colors I could get those done at the prototyping anodizing shop but the group buy colors I'll get done at the production anodizing place.

This is all very interesting and thoughtful feedback. Please keep it coming, everyone. I'm still mulling all the different options and will have a conversation with the factory probably next week to see what our best approach should be.

Offline zslane

« Reply #516 on: Fri, 24 February 2017, 14:54:21 »
The colors I'd be most interested in are: white, black, tan.

Offline Blazestorm

« Reply #517 on: Fri, 24 February 2017, 15:02:04 »

True, but that wasn't a standard color in the last run; it was a custom that Originative ordered, along with one or two individuals.

I could always offer unfinished as an option for people who want to get their own finished. However, in my experience these days it's hard to find good anodizing shops in the USA. I don't know if it's based on actual facts, but people often blame the EPA for shutting a lot of them down.

I had no idea about the EPA thing. I had guys anodizing my parts in their garage... kinda sketchy, but it came out nice and was pretty cheap. There are even some guides still posted on how to DIY.

Seems like most of those paintball anodizing shops are still running, just higher prices than I remember. But they do much more complex (unique) anodizing jobs. Going to see what kind of quotes they have. One that looks good is actually in Canada, maybe they're getting around some of the EPA regulations being up there? =)

So I'll probably end up taking at least 1 clear/unfinished from one of these runs to try it out.

Offline Viking_Robot

• Flickr
« Reply #518 on: Sun, 26 February 2017, 13:57:07 »
If i could get a  case for my 87 RF i would lose my mind.  When is this happening?

I'm afraid the honest answer is "whenever I can get around to it." :) I've already got the spare 87U to experiment with and have been conducting some tests, but it'll probably be another month or two before I finalize a design. I want to see if I can come up with something creative and interesting. The RealForce has always been my first keyboard love.

Awesome, thanks for the reply.   I signed up for the mailing list on your website.  Looking forward to it.
Current Keyboards - TGR Jane CE WKL Blue Grey | TGR Jane v2 CE | TGR 910 RE | TGR 910 SE | TGR Alice/Police | TGR Tris | Keycult No2 TKL | Keycult No2 65 | Duck Octagon v3 Black | Duck Orion v3 WKL Silver |

Flickr

Offline nurbs

« Reply #519 on: Sun, 26 February 2017, 16:06:51 »
Saw Ryan's survey regarding the colors. I have the Originative gray, and was expecting a more cooler gray. While Originative's gray is cooler than the "warm gray" GB option, it still does tilt more towards the warmer end of the spectrum. Took some shots comparing the different aluminum grays. There is warm desk light from left, natural window light from right, and white LED light from the computers screen coming from the top.

Iphone 6 Plus SPACE GRAY
IPAD Smart Cover in CHARCOAL GRAY
Wacom Express Key ALUMINUM GRAY
Norbauer CNC Aluminum Case Originative Gray

Keycaps are EnjoyPBT black on dark gray cherry profile thick PBTs.

IMO, I was expecting more of the gray from the Wacom Express key remote for the Origintiave gray.

Ryan - if you can match that cooler gray from the Wacom Express key remote or the charcoal gray, I would be so down for R2!

EDIT: One last shot with just natural window sunlight from the right using the white USB cable as white balance:

« Last Edit: Sun, 26 February 2017, 16:54:04 by nurbs »

Offline Phenix

« Reply #520 on: Sun, 26 February 2017, 18:07:58 »
How is the Wacom for daily usage?
Winter is coming.

Offline norbauer

« Reply #521 on: Sun, 26 February 2017, 20:44:01 »
Ryan - if you can match that cooler gray from the Wacom Express key remote or the charcoal gray, I would be so down for R2!

Interesting. Thanks for the suggestion, nurbs. In order to quality for higher per-color MOQ with the different anodizing vendor, I'm thinking of combining the black and gray options into a single "very dark gray," or charcoal or whatever we decide to call it. It would be pretty similar to the pics you posted, I think.
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 February 2017, 11:52:05 by norbauer »

Offline orpheo

« Reply #522 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 06:37:38 »
Saw Ryan's survey regarding the colors. I have the Originative gray, and was expecting a more cooler gray. While Originative's gray is cooler than the "warm gray" GB option, it still does tilt more towards the warmer end of the spectrum. Took some shots comparing the different aluminum grays. There is warm desk light from left, natural window light from right, and white LED light from the computers screen coming from the top.

Iphone 6 Plus SPACE GRAY
IPAD Smart Cover in CHARCOAL GRAY
Wacom Express Key ALUMINUM GRAY
Norbauer CNC Aluminum Case Originative Gray

Keycaps are EnjoyPBT black on dark gray cherry profile thick PBTs.

IMO, I was expecting more of the gray from the Wacom Express key remote for the Origintiave gray.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

EDIT: One last shot with just natural window sunlight from the right using the white USB cable as white balance:

Show Image

Stop eye balling and use a gray card in conjunction with a photo editing software man.

Offline nurbs

« Reply #523 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 13:20:09 »

Stop eye balling and use a gray card in conjunction with a photo editing software man.

They are not eyeballed. These were shot in 14-bit RAW and edited in Lightroom. I cropped out the white tear sheet for balancing on the first three. My screen is a Wacom 27qhd and color calibrated using an Xrite PRO.

I make a living as an artist and photographer and pretty much live in Photoshop, Maya, and Lightroom - so color calibration is important.
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 February 2017, 13:43:28 by nurbs »

Offline nurbs

« Reply #524 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 13:29:23 »
How is the Wacom for daily usage?

It's great! The screen is the Cintiq 27QHD which is wide gamut and supports 10-bit color. Pretty much work and stare at it all day.

I've been eyeing the new Mobilestudio Pro 16, but apparently lots of bugs with it.

Offline nurbs

« Reply #525 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 13:41:02 »

They are not eyeballed. These were shot in 14-bit RAW and edited in Lightroom. I cropped out the white tear sheet for balancing on the first three. My screen is a Wacom 27qhd and color calibrated using an Xrite PRO.

I make a living as an artist and photographer and pretty much live in Photoshop, Maya, and Lightroom - so color calibration is the important.

EDIT: Also, most digital artists now use white along with a color checker. Not trying to start something or argue with you, but only responding because I deal with this color thing on a daily basis.
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 February 2017, 14:01:27 by nurbs »

Online pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #526 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 18:01:19 »
WOW!  Ryan, I got my replacement case today!  The silver is AMAZING. I was on about a 6/10 for the white but the silver is an 11.  I want more!  Bring on round 2.

I'm SO happy that you helped me get this sorted out.  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline norbauer

« Reply #527 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 18:43:24 »
WOW!  Ryan, I got my replacement case today!  The silver is AMAZING. I was on about a 6/10 for the white but the silver is an 11.  I want more!  Bring on round 2.

I'm SO happy that you helped me get this sorted out.  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Awesome! I'm surprised it took so long to make its way to you, but I guess you're a long way from San Francisco. I'm so happy you like the case. :)

Offline fine_italian_leather

« Reply #528 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 08:11:19 »

Interesting. Thanks for the suggestion, nurbs. In order to quality for higher per-color MOQ with the different anodizing vendor, I'm thinking of combining the black and gray options into a single "very dark gray," or charcoal or whatever we decide to call it. It would be pretty similar to the pics you posted, I think.

This would be great. Would be on board for R2.

Also, maybe its time to update the status in the thread title?

Offline orpheo

« Reply #529 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 08:30:22 »

I make a living as an artist and photographer and pretty much live in Photoshop, Maya, and Lightroom - so color calibration is the important.

EDIT: Also, most digital artists now use white along with a color checker. Not trying to start something or argue with you, but only responding because I deal with this color thing on a daily basis.

Sorry I didn't want to imply anything.  Just I do digital photography for 15 years now and mixing light source in your case and not using a Grey card seems adventurous! To those eyes the apple phone doesn't look right at all...  that's it, but the light bulb explains it.  Kudos to you if you managed it with a white paper.  I use a pro Grey card for colors in mix lighting sources any day,  that is just my old habits man. 
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 February 2017, 08:35:03 by orpheo »

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #530 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 10:37:42 »
I finally got time to assemble my wife's board.

https://imgur.com/gallery/JBoke

Thanks so much norbauer. The case looks stunning and really breathes new life into the skeletor set. I got a big thumbs up from the wife!

Offline norbauer

« Reply #531 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 11:05:02 »
I finally got time to assemble my wife's board.

https://imgur.com/gallery/JBoke

Thanks so much norbauer. The case looks stunning and really breathes new life into the skeletor set. I got a big thumbs up from the wife!

Oh man! That is so ridiculously delightful. Love the combination of the keycaps and case.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
Re: [GB] Custom CNC Aluminum Cases for Cooler Master TKL boards (SHIPPED)
« Reply #532 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 14:55:29 »
I have a few quick questions:

When should we expect the R2 to happen? In the middle of 2017? Later (Q3/Q4) this year? Would costs remain the same?
As for now, which colors would be most likely to be available?

I ask because I need to plan ahead in terms of budgeting and timing.

Offline LDobler

« Reply #533 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 15:02:46 »
I'm definitely interested in R2! Will there be a black case for R2 again?  :)

Offline autobot

« Reply #534 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 15:07:07 »
Please have silver and dark cool grey!  :thumb:

Offline Phenix

« Reply #535 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 15:19:53 »
Please have an dark red and dark green :thumbs:
Winter is coming.

Offline norbauer

« Reply #536 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 16:02:56 »
For those with r2 timing and color preferences, please vote in the r2 survey if you haven't already: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/H2YF2CX :)

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #537 on: Wed, 01 March 2017, 07:01:06 »
Hey! I filled out the survey, Will be ready for r2!

Email has been subbed, money has been set aside.

Thanks!

Online pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #538 on: Wed, 01 March 2017, 09:45:11 »
I filled out the survey.  I chose blue, but I would totally dig red as well.  Of course, my first preference is white or tan, but only if we can find a way to do it w/o paint.  Don't suppose your manufacturer has the micro-arc oxidation process like the E8-V1 is offering?

161770-0

I was hoping for the Realforce case b/c I don't need another MX switch board and I disliked my Novatouch so much that I sold it, but I'm thinking about grabbing a Rapid-i and doing a switch swap for something unique.  I do plan to try out a Realforce 87U at some point, so please don't give up on that project :)

Online pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
The colors I'd be most interested in are: white, black, tan.

I'm with you here for sure, but with this particular case and the way it is assembled, paint is not a good option.  So, we'd have to find another process for achieving lighter colors.

Offline norbauer

« Reply #540 on: Wed, 01 March 2017, 11:13:32 »
Don't suppose your manufacturer has the micro-arc oxidation process like the E8-V1 is offering?

(Attachment Link)

Interesting. I'm always interested in fun new finishing processes to explore, and we can always use a different third-party vendor for finishing. Where can I find more info about the E8-V1?

One thing I've been thinking about maybe exploring is a plating process. Something like a very shiny chrome or nickel finish might be cool.

Offline cynviloq

« Reply #541 on: Wed, 01 March 2017, 11:23:11 »
Don't suppose your manufacturer has the micro-arc oxidation process like the E8-V1 is offering?

(Attachment Link)

Interesting. I'm always interested in fun new finishing processes to explore, and we can always use a different third-party vendor for finishing. Where can I find more info about the E8-V1?

One thing I've been thinking about maybe exploring is a plating process. Something like a very shiny chrome or nickel finish might be cool.

White sample of the micro arc on a Matrix Abel: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=87572.msg2370462#msg2370462

Main GB thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=87572.0

Online pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #542 on: Wed, 01 March 2017, 14:42:45 »
My precious.

161783-0

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #543 on: Mon, 06 March 2017, 08:26:30 »
A new week is upon us and my lust for a shiny brick of aluminum is growing by the day.

How are the anodizing choices going in regards to the IC - Any teaser on what colors may be offered for R2?

Offline fine_italian_leather

« Reply #544 on: Mon, 06 March 2017, 08:38:20 »
My precious.

(Attachment Link)

Looking nice. Nice to see a masterkeys for once (guessing it is based on the backplate), everyone with the case seems to be a novatouch owner.

Online pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #545 on: Mon, 06 March 2017, 09:18:38 »
My precious.

(Attachment Link)

Looking nice. Nice to see a masterkeys for once (guessing it is based on the backplate), everyone with the case seems to be a novatouch owner.

Yep, it's the "liberated" masterkeys that Ryan used for testing and sold on his shop.  MX Reds in it.  I have since picked up a rapid-i on ebay for $70 that is waiting for round 2 of this case :)

I really disliked my novatouch.  I have owned 13 keyboards and the novatouch is the only one I've ever sold.  The 45g topre is not for me.

Offline norbauer

« Reply #546 on: Mon, 06 March 2017, 10:59:06 »
A new week is upon us and my lust for a shiny brick of aluminum is growing by the day.

How are the anodizing choices going in regards to the IC - Any teaser on what colors may be offered for R2?

Sorry, I've been deep in other projects but have also been working on new keyboard stuff in the background. I'm currently getting a new prototype made in "almost black," which is to say charcoal gray. I'll post pics as soon as it arrives (a week or two). I also really want to offer a special or interesting finish, perhaps an upgrade at a slightly higher price if necessary. So I'm thinking of getting a prototype done with shiny chrome plating. Has anybody ever done this before on a keyboard case? Do you think there might be interest?

I'm also investigating mic-arc oxidation, as suggested above, as perhaps a way of providing a white finish without the problems of powder coat.

Online pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #547 on: Mon, 06 March 2017, 11:25:04 »
The minivan small numpad has a shiny nickle finish.   The larger case has still not been produced, as far as I know.

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #548 on: Mon, 06 March 2017, 12:28:27 »
I quite liked the looks of the matte finishes - I think looking into glossy anno might be more in tune with your focus on fit and finish rather than plating - it would add material between the halves and more be prone to chipping or flaking upon assembly and use.

Offline need

« Reply #549 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 05:43:01 »
I really dislike the look of shiny nickel, it's hurts my eyes just by looking at it... Can't imagine having a daily-driver with that kind of finish.

@norbauer, are there still plans for a Topre 87u case?