Author Topic: Anyone else have a CM QuickFire Rapid without any labeling?  (Read 162007 times)

Offline ranunky

Re: Anyone else have a CM QuickFire Rapid without any labeling?
« Reply #600 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 15:17:47 »

Bought at Scan.co.uk.

Scan.co.uk have reds in stock with UK layout.

Offline TheDoc

« Reply #601 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 16:30:33 »
Excellent

Thanks for that, being looking for a shop that ships to Ireland with reds :)

Offline lrch

« Reply #602 on: Fri, 30 November 2012, 09:40:43 »
Finally got my Quickfire Red (no labeling, no Storm-key), and the goddamn left ALT doesn't work. Colour me MAD.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #603 on: Fri, 30 November 2012, 16:31:53 »
Check the cable is plugged in properly, try (gently) unplugging and replugging it a couple of times.

Try the keyboard on a different computer.

Try a different USB cable.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Lu_e

« Reply #604 on: Fri, 30 November 2012, 17:30:22 »
Has that problem been reported as a cable issue? hard to imagine a single switch failing because of a cord.

#'s with that same problem are disturbingly high.

Offline Carter

• CM Storm Rep
  • * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #605 on: Fri, 30 November 2012, 17:49:32 »
Has that problem been reported as a cable issue? hard to imagine a single switch failing because of a cord.

No it is not a cord issue.

The numbers seem high only because it affected one shipment batch (1/10 boards in one shipment we received), so its not necessarily high overall, just very concentrated during a short run.

We will be happy to replace it and I do apologize for any inconvenience..

Costar has identified the issue, apologized a million times and we changed a few SOPs for QC. Rest assured this will not happen again.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Anyone else have a CM QuickFire Rapid without any labeling?
« Reply #606 on: Fri, 30 November 2012, 18:23:56 »
This kind of direct feedback is invaluable. Carter is da man!!1!!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline TotalChaos

• Indy Game Coder
« Reply #607 on: Fri, 30 November 2012, 19:44:21 »
Carter to the rescue!

I ended up buying a Rosewill but this kind of service makes me really want to buy a QFR.   I did not buy a QFR (yet) because I needed a numeric keypad and I was pretty sure I could find a bug in their keyboard controller.  And I did not want to spend 12 hours debugging their controller chip. 

But Carter is dam cool so I will probably take the plunge before long.
Rosewill RK-9000RE #1 (Broke on day 26, fixed with Scotch Tape on day 42, barely holding together)
Rosewill RK-9000RE #2 (Lubed, still in the box.  I am afraid to use it because it will break like the first one)

Offline Vintage

« Reply #608 on: Fri, 30 November 2012, 21:03:50 »
Yeah, Gogo Carter!

CM support FTW!
CM QFR w/ MX Reds  | Logitech G900

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #609 on: Fri, 30 November 2012, 21:30:47 »
On a related note, does the rubberised coating on the case wear away any quicker than plain plastic? Not that I have used mine much, but.

Offline LollyWater

« Reply #610 on: Fri, 30 November 2012, 22:28:34 »
Is there anyway I could get a Rapid Red without labeling in Australia?

Offline lrch

« Reply #611 on: Sat, 01 December 2012, 14:06:01 »
Check the cable is plugged in properly, try (gently) unplugging and replugging it a couple of times.
Try the keyboard on a different computer.
Try a different USB cable.

Reseated cable, unplugging a few times (cold boot). Haven't tried different cable or PC yet, nor the PS2 adapter. It seems weird that either of these would make a single key fail intermittently. I did try manipulating the switch with no key, that had the ~same rate of misfires as with the keycap in place.

The numbers seem high only because it affected one shipment batch (1/10 boards in one shipment we received), so its not necessarily high overall, just very concentrated during a short run.

Costar has identified the issue, apologized a million times and we changed a few SOPs for QC. Rest assured this will not happen again.

I'm assuming this is referring to the same problem I'm having? It's weird, it will fire 9 out of 10 times and then go back to 0 out of 10; hell hath no fury like an ALT-key scorn.

This is in Euroland, however. Is there an official statement of some kind I could refer the seller to? RMA checks tend to be really pedantic, and I would imagine my finicky ALT key would pose some problem (imagine if you will a tech pressing it 5 times in a 9 out of 10 streak; LOL dis werks customer dumb pay us monies).

Should I contact my closest Coolermaster regional office instead?

TotalChaos: I would have thought I would never miss my numpad, but I think I might have to purchase a standalone. It seems I've been using it a lot more often than I can recollect, predominantly the enter key right next to my mouse hand (hitting it with my thumb for list entries and paste actions).

Otherwise I am really pleased with the QFR. Been typing on it for a few hours since yesterday. I keep applying too much force, although that has improved somewhat. I've considered O-rings already.

My only complaint is the funky font, but that's really a taste issue and can easily be remedied. It looks great without the labeling.

« Last Edit: Sat, 01 December 2012, 14:22:57 by lrch »

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #612 on: Sun, 02 December 2012, 02:19:26 »

Since I've taken my board apart several times (and I have the pictures to prove it) as well as ordered it from Taiwan when they very first came out, (and it's probably more than a year old) I consider my warranty to be not available. Is there any information as to what actually causes the issue? I'm keen on repairing mine.

Offline WhipeeDip

« Reply #613 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 18:18:40 »
Ordered mine last Friday, got free 2 day shipping via Prime. Shipped from the Amazon warehouse in  Phoenix.
Got a Cherry MX Blue version.

No branding :D

EDIT: Oh, and also the left alt seems to work fine.
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 December 2012, 18:28:01 by WhipeeDip »

Offline TheDoc

« Reply #614 on: Tue, 04 December 2012, 13:23:04 »
Mine arrived just now.

No branding, MX red, absolutely gorgous.

Will take a bit of time to get used to being such a smaller board, but so far, absolutely lovely :)

Offline TotalChaos

• Indy Game Coder
« Reply #615 on: Tue, 04 December 2012, 14:34:06 »
Yer makin my Rosewill jealous  :))
Rosewill RK-9000RE #1 (Broke on day 26, fixed with Scotch Tape on day 42, barely holding together)
Rosewill RK-9000RE #2 (Lubed, still in the box.  I am afraid to use it because it will break like the first one)

Offline shadewolf

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #616 on: Tue, 04 December 2012, 14:39:33 »
Any word on those unbranded cases Carter? :D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #617 on: Tue, 04 December 2012, 15:01:02 »
Those legends and especially media keys seriously remind me of keyboards from the 80s which had custom chunky graphics characters on them.  So retro :)

(Says a QFR owner who has already replaced most of the keycaps.)

Offline linuxid10t

« Reply #618 on: Wed, 05 December 2012, 22:32:06 »
I've got the CM QuickFire Rapid with Black switches coming in from Amazon for Christmas.  We'll see if it has no labeling.  The ones with MX Blue from my local MicroCenter had labeling.

Offline xDezor

« Reply #619 on: Wed, 05 December 2012, 22:57:53 »
I just got the brown version without labeling from amazon. Kinda liked the CM win key more though.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #620 on: Wed, 05 December 2012, 23:21:40 »
I just got the brown version without labeling from amazon. Kinda liked the CM win key more though.

Welcome to Geekhack!

If you ask nicely, someone here will probably give you some CM Win keys.

Offline xDezor

Re: Re: Anyone else have a CM QuickFire Rapid without any labeling?
« Reply #621 on: Wed, 05 December 2012, 23:31:27 »

Welcome to Geekhack!

If you ask nicely, someone here will probably give you some CM Win keys.
Thanks for the warm welcome! :D

I will have to keep that in mind. ^-^

Unfortunately, I won't have much time to play with it until the weekend. My roommate's won't be too supportive if I wake them up with my new present. >:D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #622 on: Thu, 06 December 2012, 02:57:42 »
Browns are not noisy, unless you bottom out (i.e. slam the key all the way down).  The switches actually activate about half way down, and with a bit of practice you can get used to just pressing the keys half way down.

Offline linuxid10t

« Reply #623 on: Thu, 06 December 2012, 03:17:46 »
Browns are not noisy, unless you bottom out (i.e. slam the key all the way down).  The switches actually activate about half way down, and with a bit of practice you can get used to just pressing the keys half way down.

If you do though they are pretty noisy.  Almost as much so as Blues.  The Blacks seemed pretty quiet if you are bottoming out (which is why I am getting one with the Black switches.)  I figure I could use the model with the Black switches at school without too much of an issue (for my engineering classes.)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #624 on: Thu, 06 December 2012, 04:04:31 »
You can also get O-rings, which dampens the sound somewhat when bottoming out.

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #625 on: Thu, 06 December 2012, 08:37:11 »
Blacks are less noisy since they have a firmer spring.  If you type with the same force no matter the switch type, you hit the bottom with less force when you are using a stiffer spring.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline McWilloughby

« Reply #626 on: Thu, 06 December 2012, 12:10:25 »

I don't particularly want or need the CM Storm logo ones but I'm using the ones that say CoolerMaster. Which did you want?

Offline xDezor

« Reply #627 on: Thu, 06 December 2012, 17:21:43 »

I don't particularly want or need the CM Storm logo ones but I'm using the ones that say CoolerMaster. Which did you want?
I was hoping to get the key shown in this picture:

Offline FrostyD

« Reply #628 on: Thu, 06 December 2012, 17:25:38 »
I've had my eye on this keyboard for a while but would really prefer not to get the version with logos.  Newegg has it for $52 and Amazon has it for $66.  From what I can tell it looks like Amazon may still have some old stock with their blue switches, but I haven't heard anything about Newegg.  Does anyone know if either has turned over their old inventory yet?  Or is there a way for me to contact them and ask, would they know?

Offline McWilloughby

« Reply #629 on: Fri, 07 December 2012, 11:29:10 »

Show Image

Yep, those are the ones I'm not using. I'd gladly send you them if you're willing to pay postage to wherever you live? (I'm from the UK)

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #630 on: Fri, 07 December 2012, 12:25:22 »
Just gonna take a second to say my favorite keyboard right now is the QFR I have at work with reds and o-rings. It types so smoooove and consistent.... I do have a few (hopefully helpful) feedback items to give CM Storm;

-The rubberized coating... Mine has started to wear off at certain points - especially on my CM Storm Trigger browns I have at home. It may look tacky to some users.
-The cable it comes with just slips right out of the provided cable routing.
-I know this is a huge long shot in the dark with a blindfold on, but it would be amazing to see you guys use PBT caps and even pre-install o-rings on future keyboards.

Everything else about the 'boards has been perfect. The key caps on the CM Storm keyboards are the perfect texture already - they don't make my fingers stick in place for a split second, like the Razer BWU
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 December 2012, 16:15:26 by Flip »
i type, therefore i geekhack

Offline Vintage

« Reply #631 on: Fri, 07 December 2012, 15:54:56 »
^^

I'd rather buy PBT caps and o-rings separable. Not everyone likes that stuff anyway.

I think they should do a different case design though. Switch it up.
CM QFR w/ MX Reds  | Logitech G900

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #632 on: Fri, 07 December 2012, 16:46:18 »
-The rubberized coating... Mine has started to wear off at certain points - especially on my CM Storm Trigger browns I have at home. It may look tacky to some users.

I was wondering about this.  For various reasons I have hardly used my QFR since I got it, so it is still in pristine condition.

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #633 on: Fri, 07 December 2012, 17:46:38 »
My QFR actually came out of the box with a couple of blemishes, which have grown into spaces where the coating has worn off. Though truly, this is a trivial concern compared to the overall quality of the board. Last week I posted a pic of my Trigger that I have at home, in the "Things you hate" thread... I guess I'm just really rough with all my gear. I don't take care of anything as well as I should, for what I pay for it  :rolleyes:

Offline Truday

• Grunt Life
« Reply #634 on: Fri, 07 December 2012, 19:29:47 »
I can officially confirm that the QFR w/ Browns from Amazon and the QFR w/ Reds from Newegg that I received this week are from batches with no labeling. And let me say these keyboards are QUALITY. I've seriously spent a **** load of money over the past couple months trying to find the perfect keyboard with outstanding quality. Should've just gone with a Costar board from the beginning. If the Noppoo Choc Mini was built by Costar it would probably be my favorite but the CM QFR takes the cake. And this is after trying a Razer BWU 2013 (yuck I know), All flavors of the Ducky Shine 9087's, Noppoo Choc Mini's in Red/Brown, and the CM QF TK in Reds. If you're debating on what TKL mechanical keyboard LOOK NO FURTHER AND SAVE YOUR MONEY and buy the CM QFR. You'll thank me later. I seriously hope CoolerMaster makes the QFR FOREVER :-*

-Truday
Currently own:
Noppoo Choc Mini Noppoo Choc Mini, CM QuickFire TK,CM QuickFire Rapid
CM QuickFire Rapid

Offline Carter

• CM Storm Rep
  • * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #635 on: Fri, 07 December 2012, 19:42:31 »
Just gonna take a second to say my favorite keyboard right now is the QFR I have at work with reds and o-rings. It types so smoooove and consistent.... I do have a few (hopefully helpful) feedback items to give CM Storm;

-The cable it comes with just slips right out of the provided cable routing.
-I know this is a huge long shot in the dark with a blindfold on, but it would be amazing to see you guys use PBT caps and even pre-install o-rings on future keyboards.

Everything else about the 'boards has been perfect. The key caps on the CM Storm keyboards are the perfect texture already - they don't make my fingers stick in place for a split second, like the Razer BWU

Thank you for the feedback!

The rubber coating on the Trigger & QF rapid differ slightly. All new Triggers use the Rapid style rubber coating which has a much longer shelf life. Trial and error, both were rated high, so we chose one for each project and made a running change to the winner (Coating of the rapid)
      -So far the longevity of this coating has been awesome.

-PBT caps- we will offer upgraded keycaps in the future, but our thought behind our current product is simple. We want to offer the absolutely highest quality board, at the most affordable price.... if we were to include PBT keycaps with our Print/font/logo/blank YADA etc.... we still would have unhappy customers. So instead, we offer a quality foundation  with an affordable price. This allows the user to purchase their own keycaps with preferable font/thickness/layout/characters/logos.......

-Exciting Costar/QF boards to come!

Offline durainello

• Free cheap and fast International shipping solution to fellow Singaporean.
« Reply #636 on: Fri, 07 December 2012, 21:25:06 »
Didnt read the past 20 pages but hope CM could sell the unbranded QFR case even it voids my current warranty.

Offline xDezor

« Reply #637 on: Fri, 07 December 2012, 21:30:28 »

Show Image

Yep, those are the ones I'm not using. I'd gladly send you them if you're willing to pay postage to wherever you live? (I'm from the UK)
Thank you for the offer. The [WIN] key's that mine came with are growing on me. Combined with the fact that I live in the US it may be prohibitively expensive just to ship two keys. I think I will stick with my setup for now. Thank you though!  :)

Man I love this keyboard. In class today I was actually thinking about how much better it would be to just be at home typing. I also found a little script that allows you to use the [page up] and [page down] buttons in conjunction with the [win] key to control the volume of my machine. I'm in heaven.  :D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #638 on: Fri, 07 December 2012, 22:59:34 »
Kudos to Carter for the direct feedback. A lot of manufacturers would try to dodge issues like this.

Offline Mysteric

• Formerly 'Mackem'
« Reply #639 on: Sat, 08 December 2012, 16:15:32 »
Carter (Or anyone else that knows), does the QFR w/ MX Reds come with no branding from Scan.co.uk? I ask because I want a UK ISO version with no branding. Also, I've never tried red switches before (I have browns) but I play a lot of RTS (SC2, DotA 2 etc.) and I want to try them out. Any opinions on browns vs reds?

Offline McWilloughby

« Reply #640 on: Sun, 09 December 2012, 04:37:08 »
Carter (Or anyone else that knows), does the QFR w/ MX Reds come with no branding from Scan.co.uk? I ask because I want a UK ISO version with no branding. Also, I've never tried red switches before (I have browns) but I play a lot of RTS (SC2, DotA 2 etc.) and I want to try them out. Any opinions on browns vs reds?

It could be worth emailing them and asking. In my experience with scan their customer support is fairly active so as long as they get what you're asking then they may well open one up to have a look.

Offline Fiskan

« Reply #641 on: Sun, 09 December 2012, 08:34:26 »
Is it possible for the switches to malfunction due to sweaty palms? I was playing cs deathmatch (non-stop action = a very wet keyboard) a few hours ago when I noticed that my 'Q' stopped working (WASD is still working fine).

Offline linuxid10t

« Reply #642 on: Sun, 09 December 2012, 09:57:54 »
Is it possible for the switches to malfunction due to sweaty palms? I was playing cs deathmatch (non-stop action = a very wet keyboard) a few hours ago when I noticed that my 'Q' stopped working (WASD is still working fine).

I am going to have to go with extreme, severe doubt on this one.

Offline Deicide

« Reply #643 on: Mon, 10 December 2012, 17:25:51 »

T_T got the ugly version
CM Quickfire Rapid Black

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #644 on: Mon, 10 December 2012, 17:28:35 »
^ Doesn't matter.  Replace the keycaps, put a sticker over the logo above the arrow keys, and that only leaves the logo next to Esc.

Offline linuxid10t

« Reply #645 on: Mon, 10 December 2012, 20:45:36 »
Show Image

T_T got the ugly version

How are you liking the MX Black version?  Mine is coming in tomorrow, but then I can't open it for two weeks.  Infernal Christmas...  I'm planning on using it on the go and for gaming.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #646 on: Mon, 10 December 2012, 20:54:54 »
I like mine :)

Offline KuhnTang

• Game of Thrones
« Reply #647 on: Mon, 10 December 2012, 21:02:49 »
Don't believe all the hype about the QuickFire.  I saw one at Fry's (with out labeling) and got excited because it was like $(50 - 80) depending on if it was an open box.  I played with one for a minute and I have to say that it feels cheep.  I was very dissapointed because of everything I heard about it being a Filco clone got me almost ready to buy one.  I've never used a Filco, and wanted one for a while now.  However, QuickFire feels cheep.  Typing away on if for a minute (this one had blues) and I have a ducky with blues as well, so I can do a dirrect comparison.  The ducky is about $130, but you get what you pay for.  I would rather have one ducky than two quickfires, the difference is that big for me.

I won't completely hate.  If you only have that much to spend, it is still much better than any dome keyboard, but my ducky and das murder it in quality.  My only advice is this, if you have the extra money, get something else, if not, this will do........i suppose.

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #648 on: Mon, 10 December 2012, 21:26:15 »
If anything it's like taking a Filco and... Adding to it. (Rubberized coating, powder coated key caps) so how do you logically believe the QFR feels cheaper??...

Offline linuxid10t

« Reply #649 on: Mon, 10 December 2012, 23:08:36 »
Don't believe all the hype about the QuickFire.  I saw one at Fry's (with out labeling) and got excited because it was like $(50 - 80) depending on if it was an open box.  I played with one for a minute and I have to say that it feels cheep.  I was very dissapointed because of everything I heard about it being a Filco clone got me almost ready to buy one.  I've never used a Filco, and wanted one for a while now.  However, QuickFire feels cheep.  Typing away on if for a minute (this one had blues) and I have a ducky with blues as well, so I can do a dirrect comparison.  The ducky is about $130, but you get what you pay for.  I would rather have one ducky than two quickfires, the difference is that big for me.

I won't completely hate.  If you only have that much to spend, it is still much better than any dome keyboard, but my ducky and das murder it in quality.  My only advice is this, if you have the extra money, get something else, if not, this will do........i suppose.

When I was comparing Ducky to QFR Rapid in store, the Ducky was the cheap feeling one.